Adultery HONEY, WE NEED TO TALK by Just_Words(+19 copied)
"Good bye Pilar." He said it firmly and with a finality, the meaning of which she missed entirely.

"Relax sweetheart, I will be home Sunday evening and then I promise it will be over and I will be your loving and faithful wife for the next twenty-one years." She laughed cheerfully and was out the door.

Nevada closed his eyes for a minute. He sighed took another swallow of his drink and prepared to get on with his life. He looked towards the doorway and saw Suzanne standing in it with tears running down her cheeks.

"You heard that didn't you?"

"Yes Daddy I did, but I knew before because last week I overheard a phone call Mom was on. What are you going to do?"

"Here come to sit down and let's talk about it." He moved to the couch and patted the cushion next to him. "I'm sorry to be so direct sweetheart but I'm filing for divorce. Your mother will be served on Monday."

She did sit down next to him crying more openly now. "I guess there really isn't any other way to handle it is there Dad?"

"No there isn't baby. I'm sorry it's going to be so hard on all of us. How do you think your brothers will handle it?"

"Honestly Dad, they're teenage boys, as long as their food supply chain isn't interrupted they'll be fine. What about you Dad, will you be fine?"

"No sweetie, I won't be."

"I'm so sorry this is happening to you Dad, I love you and will help you get through this, I promise." And she just squeezed him as hard as she could and started weeping gently onto his shoulder. "I promise."

Saturday morning Nevada told Steve and Pat what was happening. They were of course saddened. Pat asked where they were going to live and Nevada told them probably right here in their home with their mother.

Steve stood up and said, "well that's probably for the best because Mom is a much better cook than you anyway," and he headed to his room with his brother. At least he was smiling when he said it.
Nevada gave a sardonic laugh and became lost in his thoughts again.

Later in the evening around 9:30 with the boys fully ensconced in their rooms, Suzanne came back downstairs to talk with her dad.

"Dad please don't think I'm being selfish with this, but do you think I will still be able to go to USC in the fall semester?"

"Yes, baby I'm sure. You might need to pick up a part-time job at some point to help out, but somehow your mother and I will make sure you get to go. I promise."

"Dad why is she doing this to us? I can't believe my mother would do something like this to her own family." Suzanne was teary-eyed and very emotional. "I mean a 'hall pass?' Why would she think that is ok?"

"You know sweetie when she first broached me with this I really thought it was about the promise I made her on our wedding day, but then I realized it was just an excuse she was offering up to rationalize something she would have done anyway. That's the part that really ended our marriage. If she didn't have the 'hall pass' excuse it probably just would have been the 'if you really loved me' justification. She was going to do it regardless."

"Excuse my language Dad, but that is so fucked up!"
Nevada laughed, then got serious. "Listen, Suzanne, I want to tell you something. I'm not sure why, but I think I owe this to you. In the twenty-one years, we have been married, I have never, not once, even come close to cheating on your mother. I don't think men by nature are monogamous, so that is the most precious gift a husband can give to his wife. I just assumed your mom felt the same.

"Promise me something honey. Don't ever marry a man that you have any doubts about his ability to be faithful to you. You shouldn't marry if you have any doubts about yourself either." Nevada was lost in his own thoughts for a second. "I guess in retrospect I should have taken my own advice.

"Your mom told me, albeit it was only thirty minutes before the wedding that she had her doubts about her ability to be faithful and I ignored it. Maybe I should have just walked away at that point. The only problem with that is then I wouldn't have you or your two hungry brothers! So I can't say that I wasted the last twenty-plus years of my life. But her betrayal still cuts like a knife."

Just at that moment, the front doorbell rang. Nevada got up to answer it with Suzanne trailing behind him. When he opened the door he saw two uniformed security officer officers standing on the porch.

"Sorry to disturb you, sir. Are you Nevada Smith?"

"Yes officer, is there an issue?"

"Who is the young lady with you?"

stay tuned..................
"
 Pl read n comment 
All Pic r copied fm NET and will be removed if anyone has any objection
Smita n Janki
Nisha
Padmini

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indian Swaps with White Boss - by sn7681 - 11-03-2020, 07:08 AM
RE: Indian Swaps with White Boss - by vaddadi2007 - 12-03-2020, 10:58 AM
RE: WIFE'S HALL PASS by Tnicoll (+18 copied) - by twinciteeguy - 03-06-2022, 07:27 AM