Adultery Fervor Regained by pinuram-Completed
Chapter 6. Melting Ice. (#3)

Jhinuk was surprised and overjoyed as the lady was none other than her revered Mamoni, Ambalika. Ambalika looked at Jhinuk and gave a soothing smile. Jhinuk bowed down to touch her feet and Ambalika placed her soothing palm on her head to give her blessing. Slowly she entered the drawing room and looked around. Jhinuk took her bag and kept inside her room. Ambalika watched Jhinuk who was overjoyed inside yet showed a composed face.

Ambalika rubbed her soothing palm on Jhinuk’s head and face, “How are you doing?”

Jhinuk’s voice was beaming, “I am very fine Mamoni. What a surprise. How is Ma, Baba and everyone? What are Diya and Jhilik doing?”

Ambalika sat on the couch and asked her to sit beside her, “Everyone is fine dear, what can happen in a day? Everyday you video chat with Diya and Jhilik and we know that you are doing well. Let me see how my sweet daughter-in-law is doing.”

Jhinuk hugged Ambalika, “I am very fine, no need to worry about us.”

Ambalika smiled at her and asked, “Where is Rishu?”

Jhinuk answered, “He had to attend an emergency call in the middle of the night. He returned by noon so he is sleeping now.”

Ambalika quietly asked Jhinuk, “It is seven in the evening, wake him up and inform him that I have arrived.”

Suddenly Jhinuk felt shy, her veins stiffened and that expression could not avert Ambalika’s piercing observation. Jhinuk stood up with hesitation walked towards Rishu’s room. Ambalika intently looked at her and said nothing. Jhinuk glanced at her Mamoni before entering the room. She was in sheer dilemma as how to address Rishu to wake him up.

Jhinuk hesitated to touch Rishu and called him softly, “Hello, wake up. Mamoni has come.”

Rishu was in slumber yet her sweet call woke him. He looked at her with sleepy eyes and asked grumpily, “What happened?”

Jhinuk peeked outside the room and answered in a hush tone, “Mamoni has come.”

Rishu was astounded to know that his sister has arrived. His face became jubilant and he leapt from bed to greet his sister. Ambalika smiled at her brother as he hugged her like a long lost cub.

Ambalika ruffled his dishevelled hair and asked, “So you returned by noon?”

Rishu answered, “Yes Didibhai, I reached home just after I called you.”

Ambalika looked at both of them and queried, “Haven’t you told Jhinuk that you called me?”

Both of them fumbled with answer, as they were caught red handed for not sharing information. Rishu scratched his head and answered, “Sorry Didibhai, I was so fatigued that I forgot.” And same time Jhinuk stammered, “Yes Mamoni he told me. But it slipped from my mind.” Both of them looked at eachother after answering different versions of the same query.

Ambalika gave a cold look at both of them and asked, “I fathomed long ago that some is wrong amongst both of you. What is going on here?”

Rishu could not look into his sister’s fiery eyes that poured angst and pain on both of them. Jhinuk’s body stiffened and sheer anxiety engulfed her soul. Her ears became red and she bowed down. Ambalika’s eyes were fixated on both of them as their face turned chalkwhite.

Ambalika asked Jhinuk, “So which is your room?”

Jhinuk felt a sharp slap on her creamy cheek and pointed to Rishu’s room, “There.”

Ambalika’s eyes burnt as she saw her lying. She clenched her jaws to control her raging anger and asked, “Few days ago when I asked you, you said that both of you sleeps in master bedroom.”

Rishu’s throat dried up, he fumbled with answer, “I mean someday we sleep in master bedroom and someday we sleep in the other room.”

Ambalika looked around the drawing room and asked Jhinuk, “Do you feel comfortable here?”

Jhinuk gently nodded her head, “Yes Mamoni.”

Ambalika growled in deep calm voice, “I don’t see that Jhinuk. If you had made this flat as your home then you would have decorated the rooms according to your choice. However, I see no change. Even the curtains are not changed nor the cutlery. Everything is as it is as I kept.”

Jhinuk could not answer as her throat went dry. Her eyes welled up and a drop trickled down her soft cheek. Rishu sat breathless beside his sister with his head down. His heart writhed in pain for lying to his goddess all the time. He felt that some invisible claws clasped his lungs and were not letting him to breathe properly.

Ambalika looked at Rishu and bit her lips as her eyes burnt in pain. Her voice trembled as she asked him, “What is going on Rishu? I know that it is hard for you two to adjust in the situation. From the very first day, you both lied to me. I heard your cries and I gave you time. A week passed and I assumed that you two have settled down. I did not question, another week passed like that. When I ask you something, you give different answer and Jhinuk give different answer. I was suspicious the way Jhinuk answered to my queries.”

Rishu stammered, “Didibhai, I mean she asked for time and she needs that.”

She groaned in pain as big drops of tears rolled down her eyes, “Then why you lied to me that you were mingling well and both of you were happy?”

Jhinuk could not control her tears and sobbed out, “Sorry Mamoni for being so insolent. We thought not to disturb you. If we divulged the truth then you would be heartbroken, Mamoni.”

Ambalika wiped her eyes and asked her, “Twenty-eight days and still you both need time?”

Jhinuk and Rishu looked at eachother, did they ever calculated how many days they spent under that roof? No, they never calculated, they never even spoke their heart to eachother.

Ambalika fisted her head and cursed herself, “What sin I have done that my son lies to me? Probably I was too greedy that I could not resist the thought of having Jhinuk as my daughter-in-law. I should have convinced Piyali that they give sometime to settle her restless soul.”

Even the splashing sound of Jhinuk’s teardrop on the floor sounded like canon shell in that silent winter night.

Ambalika pointed her index finger at Rishu and growled like a wounded tigress, “Do you still love Chandrika?”

Rishu was taken aback by her question. He vigorously shook his head, “No Didibhai I swear to you.”

Ambalika fumed at him, “Then why don’t you forget her and embrace Jhinuk?” she paused a little and said, “I told you the day before wedding, that I would respect your every decision and you gave the nod to marry her.”

Rishu answered in undertone, “Yes Didibhai. I am sorry it is my entire fault that I have not come closer to Sanghamitra.”

Ambalika clenched her jaws and felt to slap hard on Rishu’s cheek. She controlled her anger and fumed, “She is still Sanghamitra to you and” she looked at Jhinuk’s red contoured face, “He is Hello to you. What are you, two strangers living in a mess? Even on a train journey of few hours, people speaks with fellow passengers and look at both of you. You don’t know what your companion likes to have; you don’t know each other’s choices even.”

Jhinuk sobbed as her voice trembled, “Sorry Mamoni it is not Ambarish’s fault. The fault is all mine, I was not able to come out of my shell.”

Ambalika asked Rishu, “She is a young girl of twenty-three. Have you ever tried to mingle with her? Have you ever tried to take her out, even to the nearby market? NO you didn’t. You are always busy. I know what kept you busy.”

Jhinuk sobbed and answered instead of Rishu, “Don’t scold him Mamoni, he was busy all along.”

Ambalika swayed her index finger to Jhinuk and growled, “Don’t try to protect him now. I called Dr. Khairon his HOD and he informed me that his duty finishes by two in the afternoon. Even after that he stays back so that he had to spend less time at home.”

Rishu’s throat dried up as he deceived everyone by coming late from hospital on the pretext of being busy. His cheek was all red as if his sister showered a series of slaps on him. They were silent, as both of them knew nothing as what to answer.

Ambalika asked Rishu, “What about Shalini and Indrajeet? Have you ever invited them? No, you haven’t. How could you when you both are miles apart?” She winched her brows and asked Jhinuk, “You want more time or something else?”

Her voice and her query sent a chill through both Jhinuk’s and Rishu’s spine. What was in her mind, what she wants from them?

Ambalika grinded her jaws and slapped her forehead, “I was greedy and God punished me.” She kept on slapping her forehead and sobbed, “What answer shall I give to Piyali that I pushed her loving daughter in a dungeon?”
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
Chapter 6. Melting Ice. (#4)

Jhinuk came down on her knees infront of her Mamoni and took her hand in hers and pleaded with teary eyes, “Don’t curse yourself Mamoni. You are the best mother one can have in the world.”

Ambalika looked into Jhinuk’s tearful eyes and asked, “Do you want to return to Kolkata?”

Rishu lost his voice and looked at Jhinuk with glistening eyes. Jhinuk wiped her tears and took a deep breath. She gathered courage to fend away all her past deeds and sorrow and prepared herself to face the world with open arms. The love was on the verge of bloom when the thunder strike and they were not at all prepared. Probably both of them needed a spark to ignite their budding relation; however, they never dreamt that the spark would arrive as a thunder strike on them.

Jhinuk clasped Ambalika’s hand and shook her head, “No Mamoni, this is my home and I promise to build this like you. I would rather die even before thinking about parting our ways.”

Ambalika’s wet eyes and contoured face showed silver lining. She wiped her eyes and looked at Rishu, “Why are you silent? Don’t you have anything to say?”

Rishu broke down on his sister’s shoulder as he used to cry years ago, “Sorry Didibhai, it is my entire fault.”

The emotional happy tears soaked all three of them for quiet sometime as they hugged eachother in their arms.

Rishu then playfully slapped on Jhinuk’s head and said, “If this naughty girl does not come up then what shall I do? She asked me time and I gave it to her.”

Jhinuk rubbed her head, “Ouch! If you can’t read my intentions then what can I do?”

Rishu softly fumed at Jhinuk, “What intentions? Have you ever showed something that you want to come closer?”

Jhinuk pulled Rishu’s hair and huffed, “If you don’t have eyes to see then what can I do? I dress up every evening expecting that you would ask me out, but you never did.”

Ambalika wiped her eyes and her face showed signs of content. Early monsoon drizzle showered on her arid heart emanating soothing breeze and aroma of freshly drenched earth. Her heart was about to explode in laughter after beholding those two foals fighting like kittens. She persuaded both of the warring parties and laughed out, “Ok ok...now I think I can have a sound sleep.”

Both of them hugged Ambalika from both sides and profusely apologised for their differences. Ambalika said to them, “So basically you needed a spark to ignite.”

Jhinuk hid her face on her lap and nodded, “Yes Mamoni.”

Rishu pushed Jhinuk from her lap and tried to place his head on his sister’s lap. Ambalika giggled, “Ok ok... can we go out for dinner?”

Rishu shook his head, “No, please prepare something in the house only.”

Jhinuk fumed at him, “I want to go out. I am not going inside the kitchen.”

Rishu again slapped her head and said, “Didibhai has just arrived she must be tired due to jetlag.”

Jhinuk looked at Ambalika and complained, “See Mamoni, your son is not keeping my request.”

Rishu asked her sister, “What do you want?”

Ambalika gave a content smile at Rishu and answered, “All my tensions and my fatigue washed away by beholding your sweet smiling faces.” She pulled his ears and softly scolded him, “Now obey your wife’s order and get dressed to take out for dinner.”

Jhinuk jumped with joy and kissed on Ambalika’s cheek, “My sweet darling Mamoni. I love you. I will be ready in a jiffy.”

Rishu walked inside his room and Jhinuk went inside hers to get dressed. Before entering, they both looked at Ambalika over their shoulders and smiled. Ambalika swayed her index fingers to sign that both of them have to spend night together. Jhinuk’s ears turned red as she looked into Rishu’s naughty eyes hovering over her slender sensuous frame.

Jhinuk’s heart was spilling with anticipation and excitement. That was the first time she was going out with Rishu with her Mamoni in tow. As she thought about the night that would come, her cheeks flushed red and she closed her eyes thinking about how his arms would embrace her. She dbangd herself in her best saree, a gorgeous red one with golden embroidery. She took her time to apply makeup on her face, coloured her lips with dark red and blush on her cheeks. Applied kajal under her big black eyes and painted her eyelashes. She took out her jewellery box and adorned the gold jewelleries one by one. She took out the long white fur coat that Ambalika presented during her wedding and wrapped on her frame. She looked herself in the dressing mirror and blushed. She would celebrate her true conjugation for the first time and she was ready for it from her heart and soul. She slapped her reflection and whispered, “You are a naughty girl, Mrs. Sanghamitra Sanyal.”

Rishu entered his room and looked at his unshaven beard. He rubbed his palm all over his cheek and murmured, “I will rub my unshaven cheek on your to tease you tonight.” Then he entered the bathroom to shave and get ready. He took out his grey suit that his father-in-law presented him. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and grinned, “Your tigress is going to chew you naughty boy.”

Both of them came out of their respective rooms after getting dressed. Rishu gave an amorous look at Jhinuk. He was unable to take off his eyes from the gorgeous beauty. He clenched his fist and controlled his emotions to hug her and hide her in his arms. Jhinuk felt his amorous gaze pouring molten lava on her slender curvaceous frame. She closed her eyes and stood beside him. Her heart was thumping like thousands running elephants. His arm touched hers and she shivered in excitement. Slowly and stealthily, he touched her fingers with his. She bit her lips in coy and freed her hand from his then ran towards Ambalika.

The icecaps that shield those barren hearts started to melt showing signs of cohesion after the ignition that was much needed for them.

Ambalika shed a drop of tear of joy, as she looked two lovelorn doves sparkle. Rishu called a cab and they went out for dinner. At the dinner table, Jhinuk sat snuggled to Ambalika like a pet cub and Rishu sat opposite to them. While taking food, she constantly teased Rishu by making faces.

Ambalika’s heart filled to the brim as she beholds them fighting like kittens again. She said to Jhinuk, “Now I can tell Piyali that her daughter is happy.”

Jhinuk nodded and snuggled close to Ambalika, “If you knew all these, then why you didnot scold us before?”

Ambalika smiled at her, “I wanted that you two patch up. However even after twenty-eight days when I found that nothing was happening then I was anxious as what was going on. I feared the worst that....” she could not finish her sentence.

Jhinuk fathomed her suspicion and softly sobbed, “Nah Mamoni, don’t ever think of that.”

Ambalika rubbed her soothing palm on her head and blessed, “Don’t quarrel after I leave and be a good girl.” She looked at Rishu and ordered, “I don’t want any complain from her side.”

Both Rishu and Jhinuk nodded and answered in harmony, “We will obey your words.”

Their heart was beaming with anticipation as how one would approach other during the night. His passionate gaze made her blush. She felt tingling sensation all over her slender soft frame. Jhinuk gave a naughty wink at him and Rishu pushed his leg on hers and traced her calf with his shoes. He stealthily signed her, “Tit for Tat.”

Ambalika looked at them and smiled, “Every person deserves a companion who can make them forget that their heart was ever broken.”

***** End of Chapter 6 *****
Like Reply
Chapter 7. Bridging Gap. (#1)

After returning from restaurant, Ambalika ordered them to spend their night in the master bedroom. All the way Jhinuk’s heart was quivering in anticipation as how Rishu would behave with her. They were still unknown to eachother. Her blood was bubbling in joy as she was going to spend her first night with her husband. She was unable to think as what she would do, she felt intoxicated as well as in dilemma. Rishu was all over composed and quiet as past. He felt her quivering frame whenever he glanced at her.

Jhinuk stepped inside the master bedroom. She looked around the room and felt it had a new ambience that was not present since last twenty-eight days. She looked herself in the full-length mirror and blushed. She took off her fur coat and hanged that inside the cupboard. She looked at herself dbangd gorgeously in saree. Her heart murmured, he wouldn’t touch her probably, would he? No never, they were strangers so why would she let him touch in the first night. She felt ashamed for her behaviour she showed to Rishu on the reception night. She took out another blanket from the cupboard, as she felt coy to sleep with him under same blanket. She took a purple satin slip and entered washroom to prepare for the night.

Rishu sat on the couch for sometime and looked towards the door of master bedroom. He heard jingles of her anklets and jingles of her bangles. How would he approach her? He slapped his head as he remembered the first night fight. His sister already was in her room. Dilemma captured his heart as he approached the door. He pushed the curtain and peeked inside only to find the room was vacant. He could hear the splashing sounds coming from the washroom. What was she doing at that hour? Probably washing herself. That was the first time he was so close with his wedded wife. He took off his blazer and shirt and hanged them inside the cupboard. As he opened the cupboard, he saw her dresses. He felt to rub her saree in his palms to feel her smooth skin but restrained those thoughts.

The door of the washroom opened and Jhinuk gave a petrified look as he was standing near to the door. She winched her brows and signed him to give passage. He looked down at her blushing cheeks. She looked down and stood still at the door.

She spoke in undertone, “Will you please let me go?”

He moved away and asked her, “I don’t have my shorts here. Can you goto Didibhai’s room and bring my shorts?”

She gave a huffy look at him, “You knew beforehand still you have forgotten to bring your shorts?”

He scratched his scalp and apologised, “Sorry, Madam.”

Jhinuk walked away and before going out of the room to the other, she gave a sleek smile to him. He stood breathless as he beholds the rows of pearls glisten between those pair of rose petals. Rishu entered the washroom and took off his pants and wrapped the bathing towel around his waist.

As Jhinuk entered the room with his shorts, she gave an astounded look at Rishu’s towering muscular frame. She stretched out her hand to hand him the shorts. While taking the shorts, their fingers touched eachother and he felt her soft serpentine finger on his palms. He yearned that her palms linger little longer in his hand but she pulled away a she felt a jolt with his touch. She walked towards the dressing table and sat on the stool to apply creams on her face and arms before going to bed. His eyes hovered on her each step and she trotted around.

Rishu put on the shorts and reclined on the bed with a pillow behind his back and legs stretched wide. He pulled the blanket until his stomach and took a deep breath. He looked at Jhinuk’s curvaceous frame, broad shoulder tapering to narrow waist and then widening to beautiful luscious curves again. The thin fabric glued to her back giving a proper impression of her smooth curves. He shoulder were bare as well as her arms. The dim yellow light slipped on her smooth satin skin.

Suddenly their eyes met through the reflection. Jhinuk danced her brows and asked, “What are you seeing?”

Rishu smiled at her and said, “Nothing.”

Jhinuk, “When I dress up and wait for you then you don’t see me. Now when I took off my dresses you got time to see me?”

Rishu’s face turned coy, he scratched his scalp and apologised, “How can I read your mind? You always wear jeans even in the house so.”

Jhinuk swayed her index finger towards the reflection of Rishu and huffed, “Diya told me that her Rishu is a dumbhead.” She giggled, “At least you can look, ok leave that.”

Rishu, “Na na, tell me one thing. If you don’t show eagerness than how can I know what you want?”

Jhinuk, “Don’t you have eyes?”

Rishu, “Well it is not like that. Can we leave that and speak something else?”

Jhinuk, “What?”

Both remained silent, as they both did not know where to start. Jhinuk sat quietly infront of the mirror looking at the reflection and he sat with his arms crossed across his chest looking into her big black amorous eyes.

Jhinuk spoke after sometime, “Are we going to sleep under same blanket?”

Rishu felt ashamed and stood up from bed to take out another blanket from the cupboard. She giggled at him and said, “I have already taken out another blanket, don’t worry.”

Rishu, “Hmmm so you planned everything in advance so why were you asking me?”

Jhinuk giggled at him, “Just to see your facial expression.”

Rishu smiled at her, “You are really naughty girl.”

Jhinuk teased him, “Good to see that you are able to fathom my nature Mr. Cold Doctor.”

Rishu, “Have you finished your makeups?”

Jhinuk retorted, “What makeups? I am applying creams that’s all.”

Rishu, “How much time do you take?”

Jhinuk, “Why do you want to know? If you are feeling sleepy then close your eyes and goto sleep.”

Rishu, “I want to put off the light.”

Jhinuk, “I can’t sleep in dark. I want the night lamp on. If the light disturbs you then tie your handkerchief on your eyes and hit the pillow.”

Rishu teased her, “Do you fear from ghosts?”

Jhinuk giggled at him, “Already there is a ghost in my room. Probably he can fend if others come inside.”

Rishu teased her, “So you are coward.”

Jhinuk turned towards him and retorted, “Don’t dare to call me coward.”

Rishu remembered the night when she battered Sitavro and called off her wedding. The siren standing infront of him was not at all a coward person yet he felt to tease her more. He danced his brows and asked, “So you are frightened of lizards or cockroaches?”

Jhinuk laughed out and shook her head, “Don’t think me like other girls, Rishu.” As she called his name, she fell dead silent, her cheeks suddenly turned pink and ears turned red. She bit her lips tried hard to hide her bashful face. He was overwhelmed when he heard his petname for the first time from her lips.

Rishu asked her softly, “So exactly what type of girl you are?”

Jhinuk slowly trotted towards the other side of the bed and sat on the edge with her head down. She was unable to look at his eyes however she sensed that his gaze was pouring molten fires on her body. Her body quivered and she felt goosebumps and she pulled her legs up on the bed. She sat quietly at some distance from him and pulled the other blanket on her legs. Her heartbeat quickened and her bosoms bulged out and fall in rhythm of her breath. She tried hard to control her excitement by closing her eyes.

Rishu bit his lips and looked at her blushing face. He grazed his left hand towards her right hand to take her soft hand in his. However, he felt not to touch her on the first night.

After sometime Jhinuk opened her deep expressive eyes and looked at him and answered, “Just now you said that I am a naughty girl so what more do you want to know?”

Rishu bent his torso near her slender frame and softly spoke to her, “I just wanted to know that how much naughty and how much brave you are. So that I can prepare myself from forthcoming storms.”

Jhinuk gave a naughty look and asked, “So I am storm to you?”

Rishu nodded his head and teased, “Who knows what you have hidden inside those big black expressive eyes? May be storm or even a tsunami.”

Jhinuk widened her eyes with veiled huff, “Yes I have hidden a tsunami inside me.”

Rishu gave a naughty smile at her and said, “I also know a lot of things about you?”

Jhinuk looked at him in disbelief, “How have you read my diary?”

Rishu shook his head, “No no, I don’t spy on other’s personal matters.” He danced his brows and spoke in undertone, “I have a very reliable source.”

Jhinuk gave a quizzical look at him, “You never spoke to Ma and Baba, then who else?”

Rishu gave a naughty smile, “My sweet sister-in-law.”

Jhinuk smiled at him and asked, “So that naughty girl told you something? What has she told about me?”

Rishu reclined on the bed and rested his back on the backrest and answered her, “Yes, sometime when I spoke with Diya, I got chance to speak with my sweet sister-in-law also. I know when you were young then you used to catch grasshoppers. You used to catch fireflies and dug their head in mud so that they light your tiny dollhouse. You used to catch dragonflies and tie strings on their tails. You were not at all afraid of rats or lizards or cockroaches.”

Jhinuk blushed and bit her lips, “I am going to thrash her now.”

Rishu smiled at her, “So you are a brave and naughty girl from beginning.”

Jhinuk bit her lips and looked into his eyes and said, “I know something about you also.”

Diya never told Rishu as what she divulged to Jhinuk so he gave a quizzical look at her and asked, “What do you know?”

Jhinuk answered, “Mamoni told me that you are very fussy about your food.” He was surprised to hear that and she kept on saying, “But you never complained with my cooking, why so?”

Rishu returned a sweet smile and said, “I wanted not to make you uncomfortable.”

Jhinuk said, “Mamoni also told me that you love biking but you never went out, can I ask you why?”

Rishu took a deep breath and answered, “Never got a chance or rather to say the perfect companion to go out.”

Jhinuk’s eyes twinkled and she turned towards him to ask, “Why not go now?”

Rishu danced his brows to tease her, “It is very cold outside Jhinuk, how can we go now?”

Jhinuk felt walking on the moon as he addressed her for the first time by her petname. Her nosetip turned pink as she looked into his teasing eyes and said, “I meant to say...”

Rishu spoke in the middle of her sentence, “I think the chance and the companion has arrived. The horizon is beckoning me.”

Jhinuk was very excited and she jumped, “Where to?”

Rishu took a deep breath and said, “Where do you want to go?”

Jhinuk closed her eyes and unfurled her arms that stretched on both sides of her slender torso like wings and gave a soft scream, “Wherever you want to.”

Rishu’s eyes fell on the bulge of her upper bosom, a fair part of her soft spongy bosom spilled out of her slip due to her stretched arms. The low light slipped on her smooth creamy skin. He was speechless and felt a lump in his throat by beholding her charming beauty. Jhinuk opened her naughty eyes and looked at his eyes, which were gazing at her ample soft bosoms. She felt a passionate tingle down her spine and clasped the upper end of her slip to cover her deep cleavage. Rishu felt ashamed to ogle at her beauty and looked away. Jhinuk’s ears turned red and slowly she lied down on her left side and pulled the blanket over her curvaceous frame. He glanced at her as her curves looked like a sine wave on the white bed. Her broad shoulder troughed to her narrow waist and then crested out to wide hips and then again tapering down her supple thighs and curvaceous calves.

Jhinuk bit her lips and said, “Naughty boy, why ogle like that?”

Rishu stammered, “Sorry for that.”

Both kept silent for quite sometime as they felt lost among themselves. Jhinuk was quivering in excitement, what was going inside his mind. Would he touch her then or even a peck? Rishu lied down on his back and pulled the blanket to his chest. He looked at the ceiling as the vision again floated before his eyes. After long time, he coughed to apprise her that he was awake.

Jhinuk bit her lips and asked, “Yes What? Do you want to say something?”

Rishu looked at her curvaceous frame covered under the heavy blanket and said, “Nothing just like that. I thought you slept already.”

Jhinuk giggled and a series of tiny waves rippled all over her soft tender frame. She turned towards him and said, “I am not feeling sleepy today.”

Rishu bent his head and quizzed, “Why? It is one o’clock already past your bedtime.”

As he spoke, she felt his warm exhales all over her face. Jhinuk giggled and answered, “The bad boy beside me thwarted the sleep from my eyes.”

Rishu felt to pat her rosy cheek however controlled and said, “So I am a villain now.”

Jhinuk gently turned towards him and lied on her right facing him. Both were in different blankets but they felt the warmth of their body sipping through those heavy covers and blistering their body.

Jhinuk winched her nose and gave a naughty look, “Yes you are.”

Rishu’s eyes gazed at her soft red lips as they moved and emanated chirping sound. He was mesmerised to behold the shining pair of red lips from close range. Their pillows were apart yet as they were turned on their sides facing eachother, their face came closer. She felt a blistering shiver down her spine as his eyes poured passionate amber on her lips.

Jhinuk asked him, “Why you never called Ma and Baba?”

Rishu became thoughtful for few moments and then answered, “I mean I was in dilemma as what to speak with Piyali Di.”

Jhinuk gave a bewildered look at him and asked, “Piyali Di? You address Ma as Didi?”

Rishu gave a quizzical look and asked, “Your Ma is friend of Didibhai so what should I address her then?”

Jhinuk gave a huffy look and said, “At least not Didi. You can address as Ma or Mom.”

Rishu felt a sudden burning sensation in his eyes as his vision dampened. He looked at the huge picture of his family on the wall overhead; his revered Didibhai was smiling at him. Jhinuk observed the sudden change of his facial expression and fathomed the reason of his dampened vision.

Continued.....
Like Reply
Chapter 7. Bridging Gap. (#2)

Jhinuk diverted the conversation, “Can we invite our friends? In that pretext you can meet Kingshuk and Pallavi and I can meet Indrajeet and Shalini.”

Rishu took a deep breath and kept aside his emotions. “Mother” is a very emotional word to address to a person and only his Didibhai was in that position that he could address as “Mother” and no one else. He smiled at her and answered, “Good idea, this weekend we can have a get together.”

Jhinuk warned him with big eyes, “No hard drinks.”

Rishu laughed out loudly, “I don’t drink at all but Indrajeet does and Shalini sometimes takes drinks also. He will definitely insist to bring hard drinks.”

Jhinuk looked deeply into his eyes, “Are you really so clean and composed. This is too much.”

Rishu grinned at her and whispered, “No not that, I smoke occasionally.”

Jhinuk gave a naughty smile and asked, “When? Only two times, when it rains and when it is sunny?”

Rishu shook his head gently and answered, “Nah not that, when I have a hard day at work then only.”

Jhinuk smiled and asked, “So you have hard days at work? But Mamoni got information from Dr. Khairon that you stay back even without any work.”

Rishu made a face and said, “So you believe Mamoni and not me?”

Jhinuk giggled and answered, “Definitely Mamoni and not you naughty boy.”

Rishu asked, “Who told you that I am naughty?”

Jhinuk answered, “Ma told me that when you were a child you used to clasp to Mamoni always and was very naughty also.”

Rishu became thoughtful for a while, he does not remember anything what he was twenty-six years ago but as all children, he was also naughty and puerile. He gave a sleek smile and answered, “At least not like you. I did not catch dragonflies or grasshoppers.”

Both laughed out heartily. Rishu’s gaze was fixated all time on Jhinuk’s moving soft lips and her deep eyes were fixated on his eyes. The laughter caused a series of ripples on her frame. He yearned to kiss those soft lips and cuddle the fragile siren in his arms. Her sweet aroma filled his brains and he was getting intoxicated with passing moments.

Jhinuk asked Rishu, “You never took any hard drink in your life? I mean even out of curiosity?”

Rishu laughed and said, “Yes, in first year I had drinks with friends however the alcohol did not suited me. I tasted several types of alcohol during my first year and then I left everything.”

Jhinuk was curious so she asked, “How you left? Once you get addicted then you can’t leave alcohol.”

Rishu looked into her sparkling eyes and answered, “Well, I was not addicted to anything.”

The blanket was covered till Jhinuk’s neck, she was feeling warm inside due to excitement so she slided down the blanket till her bust and her creamy bare shoulders, bare right arm that came near her bosom and her upper bosom and a large part of her deep cleavage got revealed. Rishu looked at her bare smooth skin and she felt blistered with his gaze. His face was very near to hers and he was feeling warm inside by beholding her soft beauty.

Jhinuk closed her eyes slowly and asked him, “I am feeling sleepy now. Aren’t you feeling sleepy?”

Rishu was on the verge of boiling so he shook his head and said, “Nah, I am not feeling sleepy.”

Jhinuk asked him, “So what do you want to do?”

Rishu murmured inaudibly, “You sleep I will behold your sweet face all night.” Instead, he said, “I will try to sleep.”

Jhinuk bit her lips and then closed her eyes, but she was unable to calm down her excitement. The vision of his towering muscular frame came infront of her closed eyes. He was so near within her reach; she could graze her fingers under her blanket and touch his hand or just a small peck on his cheek or forehead. Why kiss on forehead and why not on his dark lips? What it would feel to snuggle in those strong arms?

Rishu looked at her closed eyes and observed that her eyeballs were moving under her eyelids. His eyes lingered on every inch of her beautiful face, her forehead, her dark black trimmed eyebrows, long eyelashes, her eyes were in shape of lotus buds, her chiselled nose and her nose tip was pink in excitement, her pouting inviting soft pink lips those petals glistened in the low light, her chin and the curve of the chin. His eyes lingered on her soft rosy cheeks. He felt to plant a soft peck on her cheek. He closed his eyes and but the sleep evaded him and the vision of her beautiful round face came infront of his closed eyes. When they passed into land of dreams, they did not know.

Jhinuk opened her sleepy eyes due to the knocking sound of the door. She felt a strong arm on her waist hugging her over the blanket. Rishu’s open palm was near her soft tummy, she felt warm breath of her hubby on her nape. Was she so close to him? When did he place his hand around her? She touched his hand and clasped those fingers in hers. Her heart filled up with bliss as she took his palm in hers and entwined her serpentine fingers around his and pulled the warm palm near her bosom. She smeared all his warmth on her cheek and basked in that winter morning glory.

Ambalika knocked again and called, “Mrs. Sanyal, morning tea is ready.”

Jhinuk’s ears turned red on hearing Mamoni’s voice on the other end of the door. “Yes Mamoni coming.” She answered to her Mamoni’s call.

Reluctantly Jhinuk unwrapped his fingers and with much effort, slowly she removed his arm from her bosom. She looked at his sleeping peaceful face and was pleased to see him sleeping like a baby. After ages, Rishu was sleeping peacefully. In his slumber, he wrapped his arm more around her waist. She sat up on the bed and his hand feel on her lap. She shivered as she felt his palm on her soft tummy, only the thin fabric of her slip was between her soft skin and his strong arm. She slowly put her fingers in his hair and brushed through his dishevelled hair. She wriggled and freed herself and got up at last.

Rishu woke up late after Jhinuk called him. That day he was late for hospital. Ambalika said that she would return that day expressing content after beholding smile on their faces. Both of them requested Ambalika to stay for few more days however, she said that she had to return for her school and for the three children. After dropping his sister to airport, he left for hospital.

After reaching hospital, he made a call to his mother-in-law for the first time after their marriage. Piyali got emotional when she heard Rishu’s voice over the phone. He could not find words as how to address her, whether as “Auntie” or “Piyali Di”. He stammered and then Piyali understood his dilemma and she herself asked him to address as whatever he likes. The first conversation did not last long but Piyali was very happy to get the call. Immediately she informed her daughter about the phone. Jhinuk was overwhelmed when she heard that Rishu called her mother.

For the whole day, Jhinuk waited anxiously for his return although she knew that Rishu would be late as he went late for his work. She kept fidgeting with her phone all the time, the internet chats or video chat with family members and even the television programmes could not satiate her thirst. She longed for his arms around her that she felt in the morning. Whenever the thought entered that his strong arms hugging her slender frame, a thrill ran down her spine. She knew that he won’t pick his phone if he was on OT. Rishu returned very late from office, it was eleven o’clock.

Jhinuk opened the door and teased him, “So this time real late or again evading me?”

Rishu patted her head and teased her, “Nah! There was no work at trauma centre. I was flirting with nurses and lady doctors over there.”

She showed a feigned anger and said, “Name them with whom you flirted?”

While taking off his shirt, he glanced at her and said, “There are several, whom do I name. Shilpa, Deepa, Jyostna, Parmindar, Rekha....”

She giggled and asked, “Who is the fairest among them?”

He scratched his head and said, “All of them are fair as they wear white dress.” Both burst into laughter.

During the dinner, Jhinuk asked him, “Thank you that you called Ma.”

He winched his brows and asked, “Thanks, what for? So you want to mean that every time you call Didibhai I should express my gratitude to you.”

She understood as what he meant and smiled, “Ok, Baba, sorry.”

He teased her again, “Sorry, another word... ok eachtime I fault on something I will also say sorry.”

She giggled and her laughter echoed on the walls, “Ok, no sorry no thank you. Is that fine with you?”

He smiled, “That is fine.”

Then she felt to tease him, “Why did you put your arms around me last night?”

He did not remember as what happened after he slept so he winched his brows and asked, “When?”

She widened her eyes and huffed at him, “Yesterday night, don’t pretend to be so innocent Rishu.”

He apologised, “Sorry if I have done something like that.”

She pointed her index finger towards him and giggled, “See, few moments ago you were teaching me when to say thanks and when to say sorry and now yourself is saying sorry.”

He smiled and shook his head, “So you have caught me on backfoot.”

She giggled, “Surely, Doctor it is not that always you are right.”

He asked her, “Who told that I am always right? Human is to err, my gorgeous.”

She blushed as he called her “gorgeous”. She bit her lips and asked, “How is the food today?”

He tasted the last piece of the boneless chicken and licked his fingers and teased, “Not bad for beginners.”

She blurted out at him, “One can see their face on your plate and yet you say that not bad for beginners?”

He giggled, “Madam, it is I who is taking this food, no one else would have.”

She huffed at him, “Ok then. From tomorrow, ask your Deepas, Shilpas to prepare lunch for you. I am not preparing lunch or dinner for you.”

He lightly traced her ankle with his toe under the table. She shivered as she felt his toe on her soft smooth skin. She winched her brows and asked, “What is this Doctor, being naughty again?”

He laughed at her, “At least I am being naughty with my wife and none else.”

She giggled, “Ok then. Today you sleep in your room and I sleep in mine.”

He answered, “Fine with me. At least I will get a good night sleep. I won’t have to keep my eyes open and listen to your chirps.”

The dinner was finished with sweet naughty talks. While Jhinuk took the plates from the table, Rishu kept the leftovers in the refrigerator and wiped the table clean. She entered her room and he put off all the lights of the house to retire to bed. She changed her dress and like last night, she was infront of the dressing table applying her night creams. He changed to shorts and entered the room and again his eyes fell on her curvaceous frame dbangd in thin satin fabric. His eyes peeled the negligee from her slender frame to blister her in amorous bliss. Her eyes fell on the reflection of Rishu looking at her and devouring her charms. She was unable to take off her eyes from his towering frame and felt to melt in his arms. She felt warm excited blood rushing through her veins all over her body.

Rishu asked her, “You were saying that you wanted to do job, what about that?”

She gave a naughty smile and said, “That was to tease you actually.” She became thoughtful for a moment and said, “However, I will do job once Jhilik’s exams are finished. Actually, she does not get the confidence if I am not beside her during exams. But I am in dilemma about this time...”

He gave a quizzical look at her and asked, “What is the problem?”

She said, “No I mean you will be all alone here and it will be the first time I will go to Kolkata after marriage and if you don’t go with me then it does not look good. I can understand that you are very busy person, many patients and lots of responsibility. Lots of people depend on you.”

He thought for a while and answered, “Well I hope I can manage a day or two to take you to Kolkata and after their exams finishes you can come back here along with all three of them.”

She jumped from her stool in joy to hug him but restrained her excitement and sat back. Her voice boomed, “They will be very happy. They were very anxious to know whether I would be there during their exams or not. Diya was also asking me to come down.”

He thought that nowadays Diya does not divulge much to him and was freer to Jhinuk. He was happy that his wife had taken the reins of his family he was also happy that she cares for his family. He walked up behind her and looked in her eyes through the reflection. The negligee that she was wearing was unable to cover her ample bosom. It was hard for him to keep his eyes on her face alone. She felt loving blisters on her bare skin. Her cheeks became red as she looked in his eyes.

She danced her brows and said, “Today you stay on your side and don’t dare to cross my side.”

He gently patted on the back of her head and said, “What will happen if I cross the barrier?”

She elbowed on his stomach and said, “Third world war.”

The intoxicating aroma of her body filled his mind and soul and he stooped down near her head and whispered, “I am ready for the third world war.”

His face was so near to her ears that she felt his warm breath on her cheeks. Her eyelids felt heavy and she whispered, “You will lose, Doctor.”

He placed his hand on both sides of her stool and brought his face on her right shoulder and whispered, “I am ready to loose, Mrs. Sanyal.”

Her heartbeat became louder and was about to burst out of her chest. She tried to speak but felt weakness in her throat. Only she could barely moan his name, “Rishu...”

The wall between two thirsty souls fell down. He placed his left arm around her waist over her soft tummy. He stooped down and on her face over her shoulder. She closed her eyes as the excitement was killing her and she bent her face towards him. She was breathless and lost her senses when his lips found her lips. Gently she raised her right arm and reached behind his head to drag his face more on to his. His lips pressed gently on hers, she at first pressed her lips together and after sometime her lips opened involuntarily. She felt him taking her lower lip between his and softly chewing her petals from one side. She gently lashed out her tongue to trace his lips. She felt numb when his strong palm caressed her soft tummy over her negligee. He knelt down behind her stool and she bent her head on his shoulder. He planted soft kisses in her forehead and then on her brows. She shivered in his strong embrace as she felt his tongue tip tracing every parts of her face, from her nosetip to her chin. His lips again found hers and they locked their lips for eternity or more. The time stood still around them as they breezed into the amorous Eden. The gap between the lips was bridged at last and their saliva mingled into eachother’s mouth.

***** End of Chapter 7. *****
Like Reply
Chapter 8. Flow of Life. (#1)

The next week, Jhinuk and Rishu invited their close friends for a party at home. Indrajeet arrived along with Shalini, Kingshuk arrived with his girlfriend Rita, Pallavi was still single so she arrived alone, another close friend of Rishu, Dr. Rajat Mahapatra arrived with his wife Sahana. It was a warm-hearted party with friends with no alcohol. Indrajeet and Rajat pestered for having alcohol but Jhinuk’s strict instruction, they had to bow down. Rishu keenly observed Kingshuk and Pallavi as those were friends of Jhinuk. Pallavi was an amusing girl but Kingshuk seemed to be manipulative person by the way he speaks about him and his work all the time.

After they departed, Rishu warned Jhinuk about Kingshuk’s nature and she was surprised that he read his nature so right. While in MBA, they were never close, as she knew the person very well. She promised him that she would keep away from Kingshuk. She also expressed difference about Indrajeet, who was behaving little drifted from his wife. Rishu answered that he was not aware of such incidents.

Jhinuk took over the reins of the house. She wanted to beautify according to her choices for that she needed to change the curtains and bed covers and sofa covers and cushions. However due to Rishu’s busy schedule he was unable to take her out for shopping. She requested her friend, Pallavi to drop, however she also excused of being busy.

One evening, Shalini stopped by Jhinuk’s house while returning from her school. Jhinuk expressed her desire to go for shopping which Shalini accepted. They went to a busy market for shopping. She bought those covers and curtains and cutleries of her choices. While returning they stopped by a cafe to have coffee and snacks.

Shalini asked Jhinuk, “So now you two are doing well?”

Jhinuk was taken aback by her query so she asked, “Yes, why are you asking that?”

Shalini smiled and answered, “No just like that. I mean after Anna’s break up...”

Jhinuk returned a soft smile and answered, “I know about that, Mamoni told me before our marriage was consummated.”

Shalini asked her, “What auntie must have told you are just the cover of the book I suppose. Do you know what really happened?”

Jhinuk gave a quizzical look and asked, “What happened? Do you mean to say that Rishu and You were in...”

Shalini’s eye widened in surprise, she almost screamed, “NO, DON’T ever never think like that. Person like Anna and Auntie are rare species in today fast and manipulative world.”

Jhinuk laughed out, “Nah! I have faith on him. If he ever does such thing, he will definitely tell me. By the way, what is going on between Indrajeet and you? Are you both ok?”

Shalini became thoughtful for a moment and gave a painful smile, “You can say that. Well I can’t change his nature. Even after six years of marriage, I feel that I know Jeet very little. At present we are on our path, basically you can say that we are in open relation.”

Jhinuk, “What is this open relation?”

Shalini smiled painfully, “It is good that you are from Raniganj and not from some hustle bustle citylife. Open relation means we can keep relation with anyone we like apart from our spouses.”

Jhinuk gave a quizzical look, “Means that you both cheat your partners?”

Shalini took a deep breath and answered, “It was not I who started that. Jeet had several girlfriends in past, he left all those that’s what he told me. However, my suspicion arose last year and I found that he still keeps relation with few of his past life. Jeet’s high libido is main cause of downfall of our relation, it is not that he does not care for me but he tends to drift away whenever he gets chance and he cannot control that. Anna confronted him and he promised but he is like rubber band, stretch it and it keeps shape as soon as you release it will take its own shape. Therefore, we came to an agreement that we can have open relation. He can sleep out but end of the day he returns to house and similarly with me.”

Jhinuk asked Shalini, “Do you mean that you have a steady boyfriend?”

Shalini gave a painful smile, “Yeah I have one and now time has come when I feel to separate our ways.”

Jhinuk exclaimed in disbelief, “You mean divorce?”

Shalini nodded, “Yes, mutual separation. We both know that we are cheating on eachother, we don’t sleep in same bed, we don’t share our feelings at present. At least my boyfriend, who happens to my colleague, cares for me.”

Jhinuk asked her, “Rishu knows about all these?”

Shalini answered, “No Anna does not know anything and probably Jeet also kept this secret from him. Please don’t divulge anything to Anna, he will be again furious on Jeet and they will have another fight. I don’t want our relation to be hindrance in their relation.” She gave a painful smile and said, “I hope we can still be friends after I and Jeet get separated.”

Jhinuk smiled and answered, “Sure, our friendship has nothing to do with what happens between you and Indrajeet.”

That evening when Jhinuk returned from shopping, she divulged everything to Rishu and requested him not to meddle in their affair as she promised Shalini. Rishu was angry but she convinced him and cooled him down. He was fuming as they were the reason for his break up and she fathomed the reason of his disturbance. He went into recluse that night and she didnot feel to disturb him.

Days passed normally, without much ripples in their life. It was always a day as usual couple have. Waking up in the wee hours, preparing breakfast and lunch and then Rishu used to leave for his hospital and Jhinuk stayed alone in that huge flat. Most of the time surfing net or clearing questions of Diya and Jhinuk although she was a commerce student and they were science student, yet she helped them a lot by giving them confidence. On weekends, they used to goto malls for shopping or simply a leisurely coffee at home. He used to sleep most of the day during the weekend. Jhinuk was puerile restless foal, she wanted to go out and enjoy as she was young, but when she observe him sleeping like a baby, she kept aside her desire and tried to adjust with his sedentary lifestyle.

The day was coming nearer for Jhinuk to goto Kolkata for her sister’s exam. Ambalika and Diya also requested Rishu to come down to Kolkata along with Jhinuk. It was first time in three months after their marriage that they were going to Kolkata. She was very happy and did shopping for her parents and for Rishu’s family. She bought sarees for her mother and her Mamoni, dresses for Diya and Jhilik, suit piece for her father and her father-in-law and the best gift, a playstation for Deep. She smiled by the mere thought that that naughty foal feigned breaking his elbow that forced Rishu to board the plane and they got married. Rishu softly scolded Jhinuk for buying such costly gift as Deep would engage in video games more than his studies.

On the fateful day, after they boarded the plane, Jhinuk sat snuggled near him and asked, “Tell me what you felt when we were coming to Delhi and I was all quiet?”

He smiled and answered, “Frankly speaking, I was sceptical as how to approach you. That day your face was calm like deep ocean and I could not take off my gaze from you calm beautiful face. By the way, what you were thinking.”

She clasped his arm and rubbed her nose on his upper arm and cooed, “I was very frightened as you are very composed and suave. When you clench your jaws, it feels like a lion is looking at me. That evening, I was blank I was just looking outside the dark sky and was thinking that my life would be dark like that.” Stealthily she kissed his cheek and whispered, “Thank God, that I made the mistake else I would miss a true gem.”

He wrapped his left arm over her shoulder and pulled her near his chest and kissed on her head, “Honey, you stole my heart the moment you walked in the room along with Didibhai.”

She gave a surprised look and said, “Really? Therefore, my suspicion was right. You fell in love in first sight.”

He smiled at her, “Bit true, bit false. If you fall in love with moon, do you want the moon to be yours? Actually I fell in love when you came down your knees and clasped Didibhai’s hand and said those words that before...”

Her eyes welled up and she placed her fingers on his lips, “Don’t utter another syllable, even the mere thought must not come between us.” She looked deeply in his eyes and murmured inaudibly, “I love you Rishu.”

Jhilik, Diya and Deep were at the airport for their arrival. All of the children were very happy to have them amongst them. Jhinuk hugged Jhilik and Diya closely. Deep ran and leapt on Rishu’s back like every time. They reached Dhakuria where Piyali and Somesh were also present. Piyali was very happy to see both of them together. They all sat in the drawing room and exchanged pleasantries. Diya and Jhilik were jubilant as their beloved Jhinuk was going to stay with them for some time until their exams finishes. On asking, Rishu informed them that he had to return the next day, as he could not get leave. Deep and Diya was little offended but Jhinuk convinced them that once their exams finishes then all would goto Delhi during their summer vacation.

At one time Jhilik came to Rishu and hugged him closely, “Jiju, thank you for bringing back smile in my Didi’s lips.”

Rishu teased his beautiful sister-in-law, “What shall I get in return?”

Jhilik gave a sleek smile and said, “Anything for my sweet Jiju.”

Rishu teased her, “Do you have any boyfriend or still I have got a chance.”

Jhilik pulled Rishu’s head and whispered in his ears, “I am still open Jiju.”

Rishu patted on her cheek, “Well then we can flirt sometime.”

Jhilik teased her, “What about Didi?”

Rishu said, “Your Didi will cook while we go out for a drive.”

They both burst out into laughter. Jhilik asked, “Now Didi is cooking also? At home she never ever entered the kitchen.”

Rishu was surprised as Jhinuk dishes were relishing so he asked, “But she cooks awesome.”

Jhilik joked at him, “I am joking Jiju, she cooks very well just like Ma.”

Rishu asked her, “What about your future prospect? What do you want to do further?”

Jhilik answered, “Diya and I both prepared for JEE and IIT’s let us see how our luck favours. We are not interested in Biology so we are not going to be doctors.”

Rishu smiled at her, “I know about Diya, she is good in Physics and Mathematics. Now I know you, good to be an engineer. Study harder so that both of you can crack higher ranks to get admission in IIT Delhi.”

Jhilik answered, “Both of us are trying hard for that. It all depends on luck. We are not as brilliant as you are Jiju.” Before Rishu could say anything, Jhilik stopped him and said, “Now don’t utter anything Sanskrit Slokas. I am tired of that, Baba and Uncle says that sloka everytime to us, Karmanye va dhikarasthe Ma faleshu.....”

They both erupted in laughter.

After dinner was finished, everyone retired to their room. Rishu sat quietly in the drawing room when his Dada, Niladri came to him.

“How are you doing?” after ages Niladri was speaking to Rishu.

Rishu respected him like his father that he never had, so he was always very composed before him. He answered, “I am fine.”

Niladri sat beside Rishu and said, “How is your work going on?”

Rishu, “Yes fine, everything is fine.” He looked at his face, signs of old age catching his Dada.

Niladri lighted a cigarette and took a deep breath. Rishu waited anxiously for his words. Niladri looked at him and said, “You are the eldest son, the eldest of both the families. Somesh does not have a son to look after them, they have two daughters and both of them are very young. You need to interact more with Somesh and Piyali so that they don’t feel aloof. You need to understand that also. I am not differentiating between a son and a daughter but keep in mind, males are more stronger from emotional point of view than females. You could give them support mentally that you are there.”

Rishu nodded, “Yes” trying to fathom as where the conversation would take turn.

Niladri continued, “You need to take responsibilities from now on.”

Rishu scratched his head. He was so engrossed in his duty and studies that he never got time to think of those relations. Since childhood, his Didibhai pampered him so much that he never took any responsibilities of anything. He received whatever he asked, whenever he asked. Not for a single moment in his whole life, he bore the feelings that he was alone or his parents are deceased. Only after Niladri’s conversation, he understood the importance of being responsible.

Rishu smiled and nodded his head, “Ok, I will comply. I can understand that I lacked in that.”

Niladri smiled and said, “That’s my son. I proudly tell everyone that my son is Orthopaedic surgeon.”

Rishu said to him, “I am thinking of returning home.”

Niladri asked him, “Why so early? I want you to come back as Assistant professor not as Senior Resident.” He smiled at him and said, “I know you are home sick but it is for your better. What about FRCS?”

Rishu laughed at his ignorance, “Dada, FRCS is fellowship, it can only be applied after you gain a certain amount of experience. I am only thirty now Dada, it will take more fifteen years for me to apply for FRCS. I can apply for MRCS after five or six years.”

Niladri laughed at his ignorance, “Sorry, son, probably the old age is catching me. So you when you will be coming next?”

Rishu answered, “Whenever you will call, I will be at your side.”

“So what is happening at this hour?” Ambalika entered the drawing room and saw that Niladri and Rishu were talking to each other.

Rishu smiled at his Didibhai and said, “Why don’t you two take a break and go for a long vacation. Now I am married and we both can look after the children.”

Ambalika sat beside Niladri and smiled at Rishu, “Where to?”

Rishu, “Take a world tour. My friends are scattered all over the world. Goto London, Divyesh Kumar is there, then you can tour Europe, goto Paris, Lucrene, Rome, Spain, Berlin and then you stay at Bassel where Abhijeet Padhi is there. Just tell me when you want to go.”

Ambalika and Niladri both laughed at him and said, “I don’t need a world tour, Rishu.” She took Niladri’s hand in hers and said, “My world is by my side and sitting infront of me. Why to take a tour to foreign place? If I have to take a vacation then anytime I can visit my son, right?”

The conversation ended in very emotional note. Rishu entered in his room and was astound to find his bed captured by the children. Jhilik was sleeping on Jhinuk’s right forearm, Deep somehow cuddled with his head on Jhinuk’s soft tummy, Diya wrapped her arms around Jhinuk’s waist were in deep slumber. He felt to take a picture of them; it was a sight to relish. He took out his camera and took a picture of all of them in their deep slumber and no one knows as whose leg was where and whose hand was where. He retired to Deep’s room and tried to sleep on his bed that was smaller.

Jhinuk wake up in the middle of the night and found several little hands and legs around her. She looked at those children cuddling up near her and sleeping peacefully. But where was Rishu? She felt uneasy as the next morning Rishu would leave for Delhi. Her heart longed to embrace him and melt herself in his arms. She tiptoed and searched the rooms and found him on Deep’s bed. She smiled the way Rishu was trying to sleep in that bed which was much smaller. She tiptoed and sat beside him. He opened his eye to find his damsel beside him.

He wrapped his arms around her and asked, “So what made you wake up at this hour?”

She stooped down to touch his lips with hers and cooed, “Your arms were not there to cuddle me so I was feeling uneasy.”

He opened his arms and took her in deep embrace as they melt away in passionate bliss.

Continued....
Like Reply
Chapter 8. Flow of Life. (#2)

He opened his arms and took her in deep embrace as they melt away in passionate bliss.

His flight was late due to fog in Delhi. Since morning every face in the house was sullen, especially Jhinuk’s. She kept on moving with him like his shadow and kept on telling him, “Don’t forget to have your lunch in time. Don’t keep soiled clothes in the cupboard. Tell the maid to cook less so that there is not much leftovers.”

He felt that his sister was speaking to him. Jhinuk’s warnings reminded him when twelve years ago he left his house for AIMMS. Ambalika watched everything and smiled that now on she does not have to worry about her Rishu. There was someone to take care of him.

There were tears in Jhinuk’s eyes as she clasped Rishu’s hand all the time. He freed his hand and walked entered the airport to have his boarding pass. She stood wiping her eyes with a smiling face till he went for security check. Rishu felt all alone in the vast sky as the flight took off in the late afternoon. Every specks of dust in his house longed for the queen’s return.

Jhinuk was very sullen once Rishu left for Delhi. However, when she saw Diya’s and Jhilik’s smiling faces then she forgot everything and mingled with them. She felt young again, free from the sedentary life that she led back in Delhi. She called Rishu once he arrived at Delhi and for a whole hour, they spoke over the phone.

Next morning Jhinuk woke up in her new abode, the sprawling mansion. That was the first time she looked around the two storied house. Ambalika’s Montessori school was in ground floor and the family lived in the first floor. Everyone had their own room, Deep and Diya had separate rooms for them and Jhilik stayed with Diya, Rishu had his own room which was very large and where she slept last night along with those children. The master bedroom was at the end of the hall. There was a swing at the terrace garden on the roof. The sprawling mansion showed how rich they were. However the nature of her Mamoni and Babu was very down to earth, they never treated her as their daughter-in-law but as one of their children.

Since morning, the servants were busy in their household work and Ambalika was busy with her school. From the balcony, she observed several toddlers coming inside the house, some of them were crying some of them were playing in the garden infront of the house. The garden and lawn was decorated like a small park with swings and slips and various other play materials.

Jhinuk entered Diya’s room, where she and Jhilik were engaged in their study. She helped them with their subjects as far as she could. After sometime Ambalika called her downstairs and introduced her with all the teachers of her school. She also engaged herself playing with those toddlers. She passed her time with those toddlers and then helping those girls. Although she kept herself busy, yet she kept looking at her phone, waiting for a message or a call.

The call came at late evening. “You got time to call me now, flirtatious doctor?” she asked Rishu in a huffy tone.

Rishu cooled her, “Jhinuk, I don’t get time to breath while I am in trauma centre. Accidents and emergency comes pouring in.”

She knew that very well yet her yearning heart longed to hear his deep voice that brings solace to her mind, a sense of security and love. She smiled, “Ok I know that. So have you taken your lunch?”

He answered, “Yup, so what are you doing?”

She cuddled the pillow and lay on bed, “What else can I do except anxiously waiting for your call.”

He asked, “What did you did for the whole day?”

She whispered on the phone, “Thinking about you and nothing else.”

He heard her sweet amorous giggles and smiled, “Naughty girl, don’t think so much else I wont come in your dreams.”

She teased him, “Why, who is coming in your dreams? Deepika or Shilpa?”

He answered, “Probably Deepika as she asked me today about you and I told her that you are at Kolkata.”

She gave a huffy look at her mobile and said, “I will kill that bitch then.”

He laughed out at her, “Ha ha ha ha .... She is forty-five years old, she is matron darling.”

She apologised, “Oh Sorry then.” She felt a naughty tingle inside her slender frame, the blood inside her chest started to warm up, longing to melt in his arms. She cooed on the phone, “Give a kiss.”

He was not that naughty like his young puerile wife, yet he felt his passions rising after the separation of a day so he asked her, “What about I come over at night?”

She jumped out of the bed and pressed the phone on her lips, “Come quick please.”

He teased her, “Why?”

She, “I won’t be able to sleep unless I feel your arms around me.”

He smiled at her, “I will come to Kolkata after Diya’s exam to bring you back.”

She was flabbergasted by his proposition and kissed the phone, “REALLY? I will be eagerly waiting for that day.”

Their sweet nothings went on and on until late night and for every night after that.

Diya and Jhilik’s exam started and Jhinuk was on her toes to prepare them, taking care of them. She used to go with them to the exam centre and use to sit there for the whole three hours until their exams finishes. Their exam schedule went for a month long. Like a dotted elder sister, she took utmost care of Diya and Jhinuk. Ambalika was very pleased when she observed Jhinuk taking care of them and of Deep. She saw her reflection in her daughter-in-law.

Diya and Jhilik’s exam was finished but Deep’s new session started after that. Diya and Jhilik wanted to goto Delhi but their engineering entrance exams clashed with the dates. Jhinuk was getting restless to return to her husband. She had mixed feelings, half of heart yearned to be in her husband’s arms and half of her heart longed for her sister and sweet sister-in-law. Ambalika cleared her dilemma and asked her to return to Delhi as she fathomed the longing of the restless puerile soul. Rishu came to take her back to Delhi.

After they returned to Delhi, their days came to normal. One evening, Rishu and Jhinuk went to a shopping mall. They were engaged in window shopping and looking at the passersby. Mischief Jhinuk was passing comments to the shapes and sizes of the people around them and they were joking among themselves. Suddenly Rishu observed an elderly gentleman smiling at him. He looked at that gentleman, who limped and walked towards him. There was an elderly lady and a young boy along with him.

The elderly gentleman came near Rishu and shook his hand, “Hello Dr. Sanyal how are you doing?”

Rishu couldnot recognise the gentleman so he gave a courteous smile at him and answered, “I am fine.” Jhinuk was also amazed to see the broad smile on the gentleman’s face.

The gentleman introduced himself, “You saved my life Dr. Sanyal. I can understand it very well that you meet thousands of people everyday and it is hard for you to keep track of everyone. However, you are next to God for me. I am Mr. Sandeep Gulati. Last year I met an accident and both my thighbones were broken into pieces. My wife lost the hope that I would ever be able to walk. You saved my life by operating and fixing my thighs with titanium alloy rods.” He introduced to his wife and son, “My wife, Sandhya and my son, Gaurav. He is currently doing B.Tech.”

Rishu tried to recollect the incident and then he remembered. It was late night and that day it was raining very hard. On noida toll way a truck rammed a car on the divider and the driver’s was smashed on the windscreen. Since he was wearing a cap, so he was saved as he was thrown out of the car from broken window. However Mr. Gulati was sitting on the rear seat and he was thrown out and the trucks front wheel crushed his thighs. His ribs were also broken that almost touched his heart. He was immediately brought to AIIMS trauma centre. Rishu along with Vishal and Kamaldeep performed a gruelling six hours surgery to reconstruct his thighs but his femur was broken into pieces. They reconstructed the ribs and saved his life. Kamaldeep informed the patient’s family that both the legs had to be amputed or they can put steel rod. The patient’s wife requested Rishu to try everything to save his life. The patient, Mr. Gulati was CMD and owner of an IT company and they were very rich. Rishu and Vishal proposed to go for titanium alloy rod and after few days, they performed surgery on Mr. Gulati. He was able to walk back again.

Rishu gave a courteous smile, “Yes I recollect Mr. Gulati, that was a very rainy night that day.”

Mr. Gulati requested Rishu and Jhinuk, “Please Doctor, have dinner with us.”

Jhinuk looked at Rishu. Mrs. Gulati said to Jhinuk, “Madam, even money can’t buy a person life. We have tons of money and I was ready to take him to London or America. I was not sure whether he would be able to stand up again; however, your husband gave me strength saved my husband’s life. We are indebted to him, please accept our invitation.”

They sat a posh restaurant in that sprawling mall. Jhinuk was all-quiet, listening to their conversation.

Mr. Gulati asked Rishu, “After that incident I understood the reality of my life, the value of people and money. What can I do for you doctor?” He looked at Jhinuk and asked, “Are you a homemaker or doing job, Madam?”

When the elderly gentleman addressed Jhinuk as “Madam” she gave a bashful smile and nodded her head. She looked at her sweet husband and answered, “Yes I am homemaker.”

Mr. Gulati asked her, “What about a job. I know my life is indebted to your husband so anything I offer you will be a mere token against what he gave me.”

Jhinuk looked at her husband and Rishu nodded to go ahead. She answered to Mr. Gulati, “I have done MBA in HR, from Pune and looking for a job.”

Mr. Gulati was overwhelmed and said, “Madam, no need to go elsewhere, please join my company. I am looking for a HR person and personal secretary who is confidant and young and energetic. Most of them all have to be my confidant.”

Rishu looked at Mr. Gulati’s face trying to read his mind. The eyes of the elderly gentleman seemed to be filled with gratitude. He nodded and gave his consent and said to Mr. Gulati, “Thank you Mr. Gulati. We will come to your office someday.”

Mr. Gulati clasped his hand, “No Doctor. I will send my car tomorrow to pick both of you. Please give me a chance to repay at least something.”

Jhinuk was overwhelmed that she was offered a job. Her eyes sparkled as she looked at her husband who was very composed reading the person infront of him. Jhinuk was going to express her gratitude to Mr. Gulati but Rishu signed her to contain her excitement.

They retired to their house after dinner. Jhinuk was bubbling with excitement, while Rishu was sceptical about her bubbling nature. He knows the corporate life is very different from the doctor’s life. He warned his sweet gorgeous wife to contain and be composed while she goes office. Jhinuk nodded her head to show that she would obey his every words. She gave a deep embrace and expressed her utmost thanks to Mr. Gulati.

Rishu said, “Jhinuk, he is not doing any favour for us. You will be working for him and in turn, he is going to pay you. Remember the world here is not bubbly and colourful as you had in Raniganj. There life was very simple and here, life is very complex, full of vile people around you and heavy elbowing. Everyone will try to use you as you are energetic and vibrant.”

She kissed her hubby and cooed, “Oh! Darling, I have done MBA from Pune and I know how to protect me. Don’t worry about me.”

Continued....
Like Reply
Chapter 8. Flow of Life. (#3)

Jhinuk kissed her loving hubby and cooed, “Oh! Darling, I have done MBA from Pune and I know how to protect me. Don’t worry about me.”

The next morning, the car arrived to take Rishu and Jhinuk to the office. Jhinuk was bubbling in anticipation to have that job, after ages she felt to break free from her monotonous sedentary lifestyle. Rishu and Jhinuk met Mr. Gulati in his sprawling office and Mr. Gulati summoned the head of HR, Mr. Shantanu Mahapatra, to introduce Jhinuk with him. Rishu closely observed the people around the office while Mr. Mahapatra gave them a tour.

From the very next day, Jhinuk joined the work and as she was a bubbly gorgeous intelligent girl, she won hearts of her colleagues within few days and also won the confidence of Mr. Gulati. There was another girl in her department, Samaira Srivastava, who was two years senior to her. She was young and vibrant, so was her dressing sense. She used to wear jeans and t-shirts in her office like any other lady colleagues. Every evening after she returned from her office she used to narrate to Rishu as what all happened in her office. She used to tell about the ladies talks with Samaira, Kavya, Deepali, Shilpa that they shared during the lunch hours. Kavya and Shilpa were in product designing, Deepali was in software development. About her work, about her colleagues, her new assignments and how she excelled in preparing guidelines for different departments. Rishu was a man of few words but appreciated his loving wife’s work and encouraged her in her job.

Every morning Mr. Gulati’s car used to pick her up from her house and drop her back after office. Gradually that raised few eyebrows in the office and she smelled about that. She sensed the strain in her compatriot, Samaira who was senior to her yet she was offered such luxury.

Rishu once told her, “Jhinuk, you must understand that it is not a good sign that Mr. Gulati is showering on you. You should take auto or the office cab for commuting.”

Jhinuk was intelligent and she fathomed as what Rishu meant to say, she answered, “Ok, darling hubby, from tomorrow I will take the auto. But it will cost us more. Why can’t we buy a car?”

Rishu laughed at her, “We have already one luxurious sedan and a SUV back home, why need a car here again?”

Jhinuk gave a quizzical look, “But those are in Kolkata, Rishu. I mean we need a car here. Most of your colleagues have a car and we don’t.”

Rishu answered, “Jhinuk, after few years we will return to Kolkata, then we won’t need that. If you want I can buy you a scooty so that you can commute without any fuss.”

She leapt in joy, “That’s a good idea. It will save us money also.”

He smiled at her, “That’s my dear naughty darling.”

She said, “You know, Samaira became furious yesterday over a project. I think now on we can be friends again.”

Rishu, “Good. Keep yours eyes and ears open, that all I need.”

Jhinuk, “Sure my darling hubby, I will obey your every words.”

After that week, Rishu bought a scooty for Jhinuk and she started to commute in her vehicle. Things seemed to be normal in her professional front, Samaira and other colleagues again mixed up well with Jhinuk.

Diya and Jhinuk came out with flying colours in their high school final exams and got admission in Jadavpur Engineering College. Diya and Jhilik was little downhearted as they tried hard to score in IIT so that they can get admission in Delhi IIT but the outcome was not that. Rishu convinced them that, college does matter but more than anything, staying close to their family matters most. Diya scored better so she got into Electrical and Telecommunications while Jhilik got Mechanical. Both their families were happy with the outcome of their daughters and happy that Jhinuk got a job according to her choice.

Rishu was meritorious yet to excel in his profession, he had to extend his contacts and build a rapport. To crack the interview of Assistant Professor, rapport and reference were more important that the bookish knowledge. He was confidant to get the job of Assistant Professor in AIIMS as he was very close to HOD, Dr. Khairon, but he wanted to join SSKM PG Hospital, Kolkata or Calcutta Medical College. There was a steep competition in his profession also. He knew that his fellow compatriot, Dr. Debadieb Dutta, was also keen for returning to Kolkata. The vacancy comes once in many years and before that, he had to extend his references. Elbowing and vicious politics were also prevalent in his profession but he handled them on his own and never disclosed his professional problems with Jhinuk. He never wanted to bring his problems between their conjugal life, so he solved everything on his own. Jhinuk used to complain at first when he returned home in a bad mood, however she never crossed her line in interfering his matters.

After few days, he had to attend an Orthopaedic convention in Ahmedabad. That was his first convention after he joined AIIMS. He was excited about that however, his composed nature didnot let him overflow his excitement. He went to Ahmedabad for the convention and made several acquaintances that might help him in future.

Summers are very scorching in Delhi, very different from steamy humid summer of Kolkata. Even after six months of their conjugal life, due to unavailability of leave, Rishu could not take a vacation with Jhinuk. Whenever Jhinuk’s colleagues used to ask her about her honeymoon, she used to duck the query by saying that her husband was a busy person.

Jhinuk’s company organised an annual meet in Manali in mid April. The soothing weather among the hills could be a rejuvenating experience for the employees. Jhinuk was very excited to go for that Annual Meet. She and Samaira was the organiser of that meet so she asked Rishu to accompany with her, as the company also invited the family members. Rishu thought that to be a good opportunity to take a vacation in hills with his wife since he never took her out of Delhi after marriage. Rishu took leave for two days from his work, away from any tensions and ratrace of life.

The travel plan was, the employees would travel in bus, on Thursday night and reach a resort in Solang valley on Friday morning. They would be staying there for two nights and then return on Sunday.

Jhinuk was very excited, she wore a grey-coloured jeans Capri and deep blue short sleeved t-shirt, which accentuated with her sensuous frame. Her smooth creamy calf was all revealed from her knee. Rishu and Jhinuk arrived at the office premises before everyone else, as she was the organiser of that meet. Rishu stood observing the other employees as they started to pour in. Due to hot weather, most of the young girls were in short comfortable dresses. Some were in knee length skirts, some were even in shorts, some in jeans Capri, some in leggings. Most of males were in shorts and t-shirts as they would travel at night.

Mr. Gulati and Mr. Mahapatra came to Rishu and greeted him. Being a doctor of a prestigious medical college weighed his prestige, more than others in the pack did. He keenly observed his puerile gorgeous wife, as she was the centre of attraction and instructing the employees as who would be boarding on which bus. Every other person was looking at Rishu, might be due to his towering frame and cool suave nature. He sported a smile whenever someone introduced himself. He understood the hesitant nature of the people, whenever they looked at him.

Rishu overheard few peoples speaking among themselves, “Dr. Sanyal is very cool person.” Someone said, “Nah! He is haughty, see his cold smile.” “How does he handle his bubbling jubilant wife?” “I don’t think he handles her, it is the other way round. I am definite that Sanghamitra rules over Dr. Sanyal. See how well she organise this whole Annual Meet.” “But he is very handsome and tall.” “The couple is made for eachother, like the lock and key.” He smiled at all those whispers and looked at Jhinuk and Samaira who was busy.

At one time, Jhinuk came running towards him and asked, “Are you getting bored?”

He looked at her gleaming sweet face and answered, “Nah! Not at all. I am enjoying the sight of my sweet naughty wife.”

She gave a coy smile and came close to her. He felt a deep urge to hug her however the crowd deterred him in his actions. She fathomed her loving husband’s intention and whispered, “In the bus.”

Rishu asked, “Which bus?”

Jhinuk, “Two for employees and their family members and one for unmarried employees.”

Rishu, “In which bus you are on?”

Jhinuk, “Definitely in the family bus. Samaira will be in the bachelor’s bus.” She winked and said, “The bachelors will be enjoying more as I have seen some of them brought drinks. I think they will be dancing and drinking all the journey.”

Rishu teased her, “Wanna enjoy with them?”

Jhinuk gave a soft slap on his chest, “I don’t like drunkard and how come I leave my sweety naughty pie?”

Rishu and Jhinuk took seats in the front side. Most of the members in that bus were of young pack, few were newly married couples but everyone was below forty and without kids. The other bus was for elderly employees who had kids. Their journey started at late night. Rishu sat quietly as Jhinuk was busy instructing everyone, counting heads and organising for welcome drinks.

One lady from the middle row called Jhinuk, “Sanghamitra, where is the music? Are we going to some mourning ceremony.”

Jhinuk persuaded that lady and said, “Once we cross Delhi border and take the highway the music will start, don’t worry.”

Jhinuk sat quietly clasping Rishu’s arms and resting her head on his shoulder. The bus moved at high speed on the highway overtaking the trucks and other buses. He hugged her close gently crushing her warm soft frame in his arms. She snuggled close to his chest, felt to melt in his arms in the dark night. He planted a soft kiss on her head and she hid her face on his chest. He touched her chin with his fingers and pushed up his face. He stooped down on her beautiful face and kissed her forehead. She clasped the collar of his t-shirt and melted away with his soft kisses. She closed her eyes, savouring his lips as his lips touched her chin.

All of a sudden, someone started the music started once the bus crossed the border and Jhinuk and Rishu got startled. Slowly the one by one, the young couples started to dance along with the tune. The backseat was turned to a bar, serving hard drinks to the members. There was a maddening party ambience in the bus after few hours. People started drinking and dancing wildly. Rishu glanced over his shoulder to the back of the bus to observe the maddening party and smiled. Jhinuk was getting restless and Rishu fathomed that that his naughty wife wanted to break free and dance and make merry along with the others.

Someone called Jhinuk, “Hey Sanghamitra, you are the organiser and you are not dancing?”

Jhinuk looked at her husband with dilemma in her eyes. Rishu smiled at her and gave permission, “Go and enjoy.”

She took his face between her soft palms and planted a soft wet kiss on his forehead and cooed, “Thank you darling.” She looked at the dancing pack at the back of the bus and screamed at top of her voice, “Solang Valley, here I come.”

Rishu stood up and looked at his gorgeous wife, singing and dancing with the tune along with other members of her office. Someone whispered something in Jhinuk’s ears and she looked at her husband and shook her head, saying no.

One person gathered courage and called Rishu, “Hello Doctor, come on.”

Rishu waved his hand and politely denied their requests. Jhinuk knew that her composed suave husband would never do something like that so she politely requested her colleagues to leave him alone. He smiled at all of them and asked them to enjoy.

Someone offered a glass of drink to Rishu and that made Jhinuk very offended. She stooped her dancing and gave a stern look at that person. He smiled as his puerile wife suddenly turned to a stern tigress. The person meekly apologised to her and drank the glass himself.

Continued....
Like Reply
Chapter 8. Flow of Life. (#4)

Someone offered a glass of drink to Rishu and that made Jhinuk very offended. She stooped her dancing and gave a stern look at that person. He smiled as his puerile wife suddenly turned to a stern tigress. The person meekly apologised to her and drank the glass himself.

Gradually the temperament of the dancing and singing died as the people were drank and exhausted. Jhinuk was sweating profusely due to all jumping and dancing. She came and sat beside Rishu and hugged him. He felt her soft bosom crushing on his upper arms as she clasped his arms and rested her head on his shoulder and swooned away in slumber. He kept his eyes on her beautiful face for the whole night. The lights of the highway glistened on her smooth skin.

By morning, they reached Mandi. The bus stopped at a highway motel and everyone had themselves refreshed. The buses started again and slowly they started climbing hills. It was not first time for Jhinuk, to visit Mandi or Kullu or Manali.

It was after ages for Rishu to behold the green hills. When he was very young, his sister took him to Hudroo falls in Ranchi and several other small places around Ranchi. It was all together a different experience for Rishu to have his beautiful wife in his embrace and having a vacation. He wanted to open the window and let the soothing breeze flood on his face, however the bus was air-conditioned and all the windows were closed.

Jhinuk looked outside the window as the buses started to climb the serpentine hilly roads. Most of the people were having hangover, aftermath affect of the last night drink and dance. Most of them were silent.

The buses reached at the resort in Solang Valley only at noon. On reaching the resort, Jhinuk and Samaira were again busy in speaking with the manager and allotting rooms for the employees. She reserved a valley view room for herself and her hubby.

After lunch and little siesta, the annual meet of their organisation started in the banquet hall. Rishu sat quietly at the last row, overlooking everyone, as the Annual Meet was not of his purpose. He observed as Jhinuk and Samaira was busy conducting different programmes. The meet went lengthy till evening. Lastly, the time came for the best employee award. Everyone was anxious as who would receive the award, and the award was awarded to Samaira. Jhinuk congratulated Samaira but in her mind, she longed for that award.

After the meet was over, the party started. Drinks flowed like water and people were dancing again wildly. Samaira was in vibrant mood as she was awarded the best employee. She was the centre of

Attraction as she was young and posses seductive looks. A smoke of jealousness crept in Jhinuk’s mind and her husband smelled her mind.

Rishu persuaded and convinced Jhinuk, “Jhinuk, see you are working for two months only. You should not be jealous of her as she is senior. Someday you will also be awarded the same.”

She looked at her hubby’s loving face and smiled, “Be there with me and I will win the world. However I want that award in two years.”

Rishu, “I am sure that you will receive that award in two years. Come on enjoy with others. See everyone is dancing and partying.”

Jhinuk felt a naughty tingle in her heart and she pulled her husband to the dance floor. “Come on dance with me.”

The party paced up with time and everyone was on the dance floor. He was taken aback by his wife’s proposition but stepped on the dance floor with his radiant bubbling wife. At times, he stepped on her toes but she managed to keep herself with her calm natured husband. After sometime Rishu retired from the dance floor and stood at one corner watching his wife on the dance floor. Jhinuk kept on dancing along with others. The night descended and hour was getting late. Most of the senior members retired to their room after having dinner, leaving the young pack to enjoy. Most of the people were inebriated and the dance floor heated up. The inebriated girls and boys were dancing and feeling themselves up. At some corner, a couple was wildly bucking their bodies against eachother, on the dance floor, on the pretext of dancing boys were feeling the girls and the girls were also enjoying the warm hot touches.

Jhinuk glanced at Rishu while dancing with the tune, although she did not drank alcohol yet the party ambience made her wild. Rishu could feel that boys were looking at the all the girls especially at her curvaceous wife as her bosoms were jiggling and her hips swayed with tune. He clenched his jaws as he observed a person came behind Jhinuk and started to dance. Blood started to boil in his veins, as he was unable to stand his bubbling wife dancing like that. He approached the dance floor and pulled away Jhinuk before prying hands to molest her. She was bit offended at first as why her husband pulled her away from the middle of such party. He clenched his jaws and showed as how the dance floor was.

He said to his wife, “This is not Raniganj Jhinuk. Here people wear mask and they take advantages of girls. I know that you are a bubbly wild girl totally opposite to my nature. I know that I can’t be wild like you. I was just trying to protect you.”

She was frightened as she saw people groping the girls in inebriated condition. She hugged her husband with all her might and felt solace in his arms. She looked at him with glistening eyes and apologised to him, “Whatever you are, however you are yet you are mine. I am sorry, very sorry. I got carried away as the ambience was wild.”

He looked at her red face full of tiny sweat beads all over and rubbed her cheeks, “Can we have dinner now?”

She wiped her sweaty face on his chest and cooed in a naughty voice, “What is the plan for night, Doctor? I am still wild at heart.”

He wrapped his hand around her narrow waist and whispered, “If you want to dance so badly then dance for me.”

She winked and purred in his ears, “Demi Moore’s striptease?”

His ears became red and his face became coy. He nudged her chin and rubbed the tip of her nose with his index finger and whispered, “Sure honey.”

That was a wild night of conjugal bliss for Mrs. Sanghamitra Sanyal and Dr. Ambarish Sanyal.

The next day passed away with various activities, only on the evening they got time to go down to Manali for shopping. The buses carried all the interested employees to Manali. Jhinuk bought gifts for their family members.

After returning to Delhi, their life got busier with time.

The sky was overcast since evening. That day Jhinuk returned early from her office as the next day was Rishu’s birthday. It was first birthday after their marriage. She wanted to give him a surprise and planned everything. She bought air tickets for their whole family and asked them to arrive late at night on that day only after midnight. She booked two rooms in Neemrana Fort for celebrating Rishu’s birthday.

Rishu arrived home as usual, he knew that next day was his birthday and as every year, just after midnight his nephew and niece would give him a call. He looked at Jhinuk who was very quiet. Jhinuk’s heart was bubbling in excitement yet she contained everything deep inside. She prepared food for everyone as the family would arrive late and they would have dinner after that. She kept away all those from Rishu’s sight so that he might not smell her plan.

They had a quiet dinner and she kept glancing at her calm husband’s face trying to sense whether he smelled her plan or not. He gave a sleek smile and after finishing his dinner, he quietly retired to his room. He reclined on his bed checking mails. Jhinuk messaged Diya, as she was anxious to know there whereabouts. Jhilik messaged back that they have the boarding pass and would board the plane shortly. Flight was to arrive thirty past midnight, perfect timing to give him surprise.

The heavens broke loose and he looked out of the window as his eyes glistened. He heard from his Didibhai that on such torrential night, his parents left him for heavenly abode and he clanged his sister with all his might.

Jhinuk entered the room and found her absent-minded husband looking outside the window. She tiptoed behind him and hugged him.

She asked, “What happened to you?”

He turned towards his loving wife and locked his arms around her waist, “Nothing, just got lost in past.”

She wiped his teary eyes and said, “Are you feeling lonely?”

He smiled at her, “I was never alone in my whole life. Didibhai was always beside me and now you are in my arms.”

The clock strike twelve and Jhinuk bought a small cupcake with a candle on it. Rishu was surprised as she kept the cupcake infront of him. She kissed his forehead and asked him to blow the candle. Rishu blew the candle and she hugged him with all her might melting her soft frame in his arms.

She asked him, “What do you want as present?”

He rubbed his face on her supple bosom and said, “I have everything in my arms why need a present.”

He looked at his mobile expecting the call from his nephew and niece. She fathomed the anticipation building in her hubby’s heart and she bit her lips to control her excitement.

She feigned ignorance and asked, “Why are you looking at your mobile? Are you expecting someone?”

He winched his brows and answered, “Nah! Nothing.”

She laughed at his anxiety and said, “Tell me, who is going to call.”

He kept saying that none would call yet he kept looking at his phone. Even after ten minutes when the call didnot came then he got restless.

Jhinuk teased him, “What happened Rishu? Why are you so anxious about the call? Have you made any new girlfriend?”

He gave a sleek smile and said, “Probably yes, probably no.”

However, he fidgeted with the phone, thinking that he should call Deep and Diya. Had they forgotten? No it can’t happen at least not his Didibhai. Then had there been any mishaps? His frame shuddered by the mere thought. He slapped his head and smiled, no that can’t happen either as someone would have informed him. Than why they have not yet called? He kept on thinking.

Jhinuk received a message that her family has arrived at Delhi and they would be in their house within half an hour. She waited anxiously for the knock on the door and buried her anxiety deep inside. After an anxious hour, there was a knock on the door instead of doorbell as Jhinuk suggested Diya and Jhilik. Rishu got startled as who could come at that dead rainy night. He gave a quizzical look at Jhinuk.
Like Reply
Chapter 8. Flow of Life. (#5)

Jhinuk feigned anxious look and said, “Probably the wind is beating the latch, let me go and check.”

She tiptoed to the door and opened. Everyone asked her in hushed tone as what Rishu was doing. She singed everyone to keep quiet and asked them to wait in the drawing room.

Rishu heard some footsteps and raised his voice to ask Jhinuk, “Is there anyone honey?” ignorant that his family was waiting outside his bedroom with a big cake and thirty-one candles.

Before Jhinuk could answer to Rishu’s query Deep, Diya and Jhilik was unable to control their excitement and barged into the bedroom with the cake.

All of them screamed at their top voice, “Happy birthday Rishu!”

Rishu was amazed to find his whole family surrounding his bed. Diya and Jhilik jumped on the bed and Deep came inside with the cake.

Rishu looked at Jhinuk who was smiling constantly. She came near her husband and whispered, “Surprise!!!”

He shook his head in utter amazement, really that was a surprise for him. He never dreamt that his family would beside him. He stealthily touched his wife’s fingers to express gratitude.

Rishu got up from the bed and Ambalika rubbed his head to give blessings. She asked, “How are you?”

He smiled and pointed to his bubbly wife and answered, “Not at good with this naughty girl.”

She handed a small packet to Rishu and asked him to open. Everyone was anxious as what was the present and that came as a surprise for everyone. There was a small red car in the box. Everyone gave a bewildered look at Ambalika except Niladri.

Rishu asked his Didibhai, “What is this?”

Ambalika’s eyes welled up as she ruffled his hair and answered, “Twenty-seven years ago you asked for a red car. I could not present you that night due to some unforeseen reason.”

Rishu took his Didibhai in his arms and she broke down. Jhinuk wiped her eyes clasping her mother’s hand. Piyali looked at her loving daughter’s face whose eyes were also soaked. Everyone had hazy eyes except the young mischief foal, Deep.

He shouted at all of them, “Have we come thousands of miles only to cry?”

Everyone broke into laughter and the celebration started. After having their dinner Niladri and Somesh were requested to retire to the other room.

Ambalika asked Jhinuk, “What’s the plan tomorrow? Have you booked the rooms already?”

Rishu gave a bewildered look and asked Jhinuk, “What tomorrow? Tomorrow is by OPD?”

Jhilik and Diya slapped his cheeks from both sides and screamed, “No OPD or hospital tomorrow. Didi has already booked two suites in Neemrana Fort for your celebrations. We are going there.”

Rishu looked at Jhinuk and gave a bewildered look. She gave a sweet smile and whispered in his ears, “Surprise dear.”

He felt to hug her but restrained because of all the family members. The gossiping and chatting went on and on until wee hours of the morning.

Jhinuk booked a twelve-seater mini-bus for their journey. Jhilik was adamant to ride with her loving brother-in-law on his bike. After the morning breakfast their journey started. Rishu on his bike with Jhilik on his pillion and rest of the members in the bus followed the bike. The sky was overcast and the shower was eminent.

Jhilik hugged her brother-in-law as the bike raced on the highway.

Rishu teased his sweet sister-in-law, “Are you still available or already engaged?”

Jhilik patted his nape and whispered, “Naughty Juju, you missed the bus by a whisker.”

Rishu asked her, “Who is the fortunate person to steal my sweet sissy-in-law?”

Jhilik, “What are you going to do with him?”

Rishu, “May be twist his arm first and then give your hand in his.”

Jhilik, “Nah! Juju there is problem in that.”

Rishu, “Why what happened now?”

Jhilik’s voice sank down a bit, “It is a complex story Juju and I am in dilemma about my feelings.”

Rishu was anxious to know everything so he asked her, “What is the matter?”

Jhilik answered, “Diya and I are both in love with the same person, Parthosarathi. I don’t want to lose Diya at least and I am not sure about her feelings in that matter. We both know about our feelings but we never discussed that matter amongst ourselves. What shall I do Juju?”

Rishu became thoughtful as both of them were close to him. He took a deep breath and said, “I think you should speak with that person clearly as whom he loves.”

Jhilik, “We three are good friends and neither of us has expressed anything to anyone until now. However, I have seen love in Diya’s eyes and I feel attracted to him. How do I handle this, Juju?”

Rishu, “Does your Didi know about this?”

Jhilik, “Nah! I haven’t said a word to Didi until now.” She took a deep breath and said, “Didi has become different after getting job, Juju.”

He also felt that Jhinuk had changed yet he didn’t expressed that to his sweet sister-in-law. He persuaded her by saying, “Not that, sweetypie. Your Didi is little busy now-a-days in her professional life that’s all. See still she loves you all and still she is the same jubilant bubbly naughty girl.”

Jhilik didn’t feel to continue the discussion about her sister. Her sister was her best friend one time and at present she calls her only to know how her studies were going and how was her parents. The warmth they shared had waned and she fathomed that.

After two hours of journey, they reached Neemrana Fort. The manager showed them the suites and they all got into full swing for his celebration. After spending the whole day, they returned to Delhi. During return journey, Rishu asked Diya to ride with him, which she obliged.

As the bike raced on the highway, Diya asked Rishu “Is there something you would like to tell me?”

Rishu asked her, “How are your studies going on?”

Diya giggled and answered, “Everything is fine Rishu, but this is not what you want to ask.”

Rishu asked her in return, “Then tell me what am I going to ask you?”

Diya became thoughtful for a while, “I fathomed the reason when Jhilik wanted to ride with you.”

Rishu, “So?”

Diya laughed out, “I know her since last seven years. First time she joined our school when they came here from Raniganj. She felt aloof in this big city and I was there beside her. Over time our bond grew stronger.” He listened intently trying to fathom as where the line of conversation might go. She took a deep breath and hugged him with all his might and said, “Rishu, I think several such Parthosarathi will come in our life however I think there will be only one Jhilik in my life.”

The last words sank deep down her throat, as she kept silent after that.

After long time Rishu spoke to Diya as he felt her quivering body on his back, “Are you crying?”

Diya shook her head on his back and whimpered, “No Rishu, I don’t know anything.”

Rishu asked her, “Why don’t you speak with Jhilik then?”

Diya wiped her eyes and said, “The ice is very thin Rishu and I don’t want it to break.”

Rishu convinced her, “If you don’t speak and get your hearts cleared then the ice would break someday and the pain would be intolerable so it is better to melt the ice now. We three can sit today and break the ice. By the way, are you sure that that person is not playing with you two?”

Diya felt a jolt, “WHAT?”

Rishu said, “Might be possible, give a thought. You both are beautiful and brilliant and very close to eachother. It might be possible that someone want to break the bond between you two.”

Diya was bewildered on hearing that and asked him, “Why should someone be jealous of our close bonds?”

Rishu, “I don’t know, I am just saying that this might be a possibility. If they can break your bond then you two would be easily vulnerable and that will affect your studies as well.”

Diya’s eyes widened, she never thought in that line, “Nah! I don’t think so.”

Rishu smiled and said, “We all three should discuss this matter.”

Diya kissed his helmet and whispered, “When my pillar is beside me then who do I fear.”

That night after returning and after everyone retired, Rishu summoned Diya and Jhilik. Both looked at eachother and sat quietly opposite to him. Jhinuk came and asked the reason of their graveyard hour’s discussion but Rishu persuaded her to goto bed. After Jhinuk retired into her room, Rishu looked at them as they sat anxiously waiting for the thin ice to be broken.

Rishu cleared his throat and spoke to both, “Yes girls, so what is going on between you?”

Both of them shook their head feigning ignorance and said, “Nothing is going on between us.”

Rishu asked both the girls, “Who this Parthosarathi is?”

Diya and Jhilik looked at eachother and Diya answered, “He is a good friend of ours that all.”

Jhilik bowed her head, her face bore a streak of pain and she whispered in a sunken voice, “Sorry, Diya. I divulged everything to Juju.”

Diya took a deep breath as her eyes were also welled. She pulled a sleek smile and took Jhilik’s hand in hers, “No sorry no thank you in friendship, remember we promised this seven years back?”

Jhilik looked up at her with tearful eyes and muttered, “Yes but...”

Diya wiped her tears and said, “I think we will have several such obstacles in our life. Why to cry over split milk?”

Rishu asked them, “Are you sure that he is not playing with both of you?”

Jhilik gave a quizzical look at Rishu while Diya answered, “No, we don’t. Since you said that we will surely check about that and....”

Jhilik braved a smile and said, “If we find him playing with us them we will tear him apart and shred his body into pieces and drown him in River Ganges...”

They all broke into laughter. Rishu said to them, “You both are gorgeous and young at heart. Please don’t take any insolent step that might hurt you and your family in future.”

Both nodded their head in accordance.

A couple of years passed. Diya and Jhilik were in second year of their engineering college. Deep was in final year of his school.

Rishu started to attend more out-of-station conventions and meets. Sometime Ahmadabad, sometime Patna, sometime Mumbai even once he had to travel to Germany for an Orthopaedic convention. He started to publish his papers in medical journals and made acquaintance with top doctors of India. He knew that IMA (Indian Medical Associations) politics was not his cup of tea. He smelled that his compatriot Dr. Debadideb Dutta would go any length to secure his berth for Assistant Professor in SSKM PG Hospital Kolkata, and he was in sheer anxiety for that. He got promotion to Senior Resident doctor in AIIMS

Jhinuk got busier in her professional life. She started to bring her work home, preparing data sheets, new employee guidelines and many more. She excelled in her job and received the coveted Best Employee Award. Mean time Samaira left the job and Jhinuk got promotion from Junior HR executive to Assistant HR Manager. She had to accompany the CMD, Mr. Gulati to various outstations meetings also.

Life moved on a fast track racing lane for Rishu and Jhinuk. Working late hours was a normal thing for the busy couple and they had less time for themselves.

***** End of Chapter 8 *****
Like Reply
Chapter 9. Broken Kiss, Goodbye. (#1)

Since last few months, Ambalika and Piyali constantly pestered Rishu and Jhinuk to plan about extending the family tree. Rishu convinced them by saying that he would consult with Jhinuk and the only they would plan. He does not want to impose anything on her.

One evening when after dinner, Rishu was reclining on the bed with his tablet in his hand checking the mails and Jhinuk was also preparing some report on her laptop. While surfing his eyes fell on a picture of a toddler on Jhinuk’s laptop screen.

He smiled and asked, “Are you planning something?”

She was engrossed in preparing report so she asked, “What?”

He gave a naughty smile and asked, “No, I mean to say that Didibhai and Auntie were saying about our future planning about a child.”

Her eyes widened and she gave a huffy look, “NO WAY DARLING. Not now, I am not ready for that.”

He asked, “Why not? Don’t you think it is high time we should plan for a child?”

She closed her laptop and snuggled close to his chest and gently scratched his broad chest and cooed, “Honey, I am not at all prepared to take such responsibility. I am just twenty-five and my career is picking up.”

He took a deep breath and expressed his concern, “Didibhai and Auntie is pestering for a grand-child.”

She smiled at him and said, “I know honey, they are pestering me also. Please a year more. It is a huge decision to make, don’t you think? A new realm for us.”

He ruffled her silky hair and said, “Have we grown so apart that we don’t even discuss such matters amongst ourselves?”

Suddenly she felt her eyes burnt, a gurgle erupted in her throat and she looked into his quizzical eyes and said, “Not at all Rishu. I try my best but give me sometime.” she pleaded, “Just a year more and everything will be alright.”

He ruffled her silky hair and pressed his nose on her head to smell the sweet aroma of her soft body and said, “Sure honey, we can spare a year. What is happening at your office now-a-days?”

She crossed her arms on his chest and rested her chin on his chest and answered, “Very busy honey, very busy. This year our company is applying for SEI-CMM so, I am busy preparing the audit schedule and preparing all the guidelines. I promised them that after all this is over then we will plan for a child.” She kissed his lips and rested her head on his forearm and cuddled in his arms, “All these that I achieved is all because of your support and love. I never dreamt of such high flying job.”

He cooed in her ears, “Can I get some more sweet wet kisses?”

She moved her soft slender frame on his body and they melted in deep embrace.

The monsoon clouds moved away from the sky and the air was clear. The trees were full of lush green leaves and the aroma of festivity was flowing in the spring breeze. People were engaged in shopping and the Bengali community in CR Park was on their toes to welcome the Goddess Durga.

It was few days before Jhinuk’s birthday. Rishu was out-of-station for few days, attending a convention in Mumbai. He was to return the day before Jhinuk’s birthday. On reaching Mumbai, he secretly planned a biking trip to Himachal with his wife that he cherished for long. He knew that his work pressure took a heavy toll on their conjugal blissful life. He wanted to make up for that as every vacation he used to goto Kolkata to visit their parents. He never took his jovial loving wife out of Delhi. He bought a diamond necklace and earrings to surprise her on her birthday. He also applied for leave of fifteen days for the trip.

In Delhi, Jhinuk was busy in her household work. After having her dinner, she called her husband but the phone kept on ringing. She assumed that he might be busy with his convention so she did not feel to disturb him. She was sceptical about her birthday, as she knew her husband’s cold nature. Like past years, she expected quiet cosy birthday at home or at most a candle light romantic dinner in a posh star restaurant of Delhi.

Jhinuk received a call from her mother. Piyali asked her daughter, “How are you doing?”

Jhinuk was happy to receive the call as she was feeling very lonely, “Yes I am fine. Rishu has gone to Mumbai to attend a convention.”

Piyali asked, “But your birthday is just around the corner?”

Jhinuk laughed and answered, “Yes yes Ma. He will be back before that.”

Piyali asked her daughter, “Everything is fine between you two, I hope.”

Jhinuk asked in a quizzical tone, “Why asking such questions, Ma? Definitely everything is fine and I am very happy.”

Probably the phone was on speaker mode on the other end. Jhinuk heard her father’s, Somesh voice asking her, “How long is Ambarish going to stay at AIIMS? I mean, once I heard that he wants to return to Kolkata and join some medical college here.”

Jhinuk answered, “That I am not sure, Baba. It may take a year or even more. You know Rishu; he is a man of few words. He does not like discussing much about his profession.”

Somesh asked his daughter, “How is your job going? I heard that few months back you received best employee award?”

Jhinuk smiled and answered, “Yes, last April I received the award. Now-a-days there is tremendous work pressure. I don’t have time to breathe.”

Somesh asked his daughter, “Have you ever thought about your career if he returns to Kolkata?”

Jhinuk could not understand as what her father meant to say, “What do you mean to say?”

Somesh explained to his daughter, “I know AIIMS is the best medical college and hospital in India and if he stays in AIIMS permanently then he will have a bright prospect. I mean, your career has started to pickup and meantime if he shifts to Kolkata then all your hard work will be in fray.” Jhinuk tried to deduce the inference of his conversation. He continued, “You can persuade Ambarish to stay in Delhi.”

Jhinuk became thoughtful for a while, “I am not sure about him. He is trying his best to make acquaintances with senior doctors but...”

Piyali spoke to Jhinuk, “See, Jhinuk, you asked for a year for preparing yourself for extending family, right. I am sure you are more concentrated on your career.”

Jhinuk answered, “Yes.”

Piyali continued, “Don’t you think your career is also important?”

Jhinuk became thoughtful, she never thought in that line. Her career had picked up and if her husband moves to another city then what would happen to her career?

Somesh said to his daughter, “I was thinking of buying a flat for you in Delhi.”

Jhinuk became thoughtful after hearing her father, “Did Mamoni or Babu ever asked you for that? Have you spoken with them?”

Somesh laughed at his daughter, “No not at all. It is something amongst us that I want to give to my daughter. It is our duty to see your secure life.”

Jhinuk laughed and answered, “When Rishu is beside me, then what can happen to me?” Her voice quivered for a moment while speaking. Was she in dilemma? No never. She had full faith on her loving and caring husband. Her husband was the best husband in the world.

Piyali persuaded Jhinuk, “Don’t take this otherwise, but Rishu is not Ambalika’s son...”

Jhinuk was able to fathom at last as what her mother wanted to say. Suddenly she clenched her jaws and said to her mother, “Ma, once you told me that Mamoni is more than a mother to Rishu and that I know from the depth of my heart. The way Mamoni still cares for Rishu probably no mother does for their son.”

Piyali understood that her daughter had grown up and was married. She took a deep breath and tried for one last time to persuade her daughter, “I know that very well, I have seen them when Rishu was mere a toddler. Even after that, who knows about the property? Money and property are the main cause that creates rifts even in the firmest bond. Try to give a thought, after a year you will have your own family, you will have children. Then would you stay in that one room of that huge mansion? Are you sure about your share? Have Ambalika ever divulged to you as what is Rishu’s share in that house?” Jhinuk never thought that, neither Rishu ever discussed about property or share of that palatial house. Piyali continued, “That is why we thought to buy a flat for you. You can persuade Rishu to stay at AIIMS in pretext of his better future and we will buy the flat over there for you. You two have a secure future for your family.”

Jhinuk took a deep breath and asked her mother, “What if he returns to Kolkata? I am sure he won’t leave Mamoni and stay aloof.”

Somesh became thoughtful for a moment, “He is your husband, persuade him to stay there. Even if he returns to Kolkata then also we will buy the flat here. Who has seen the future, Jhinuk? No one knows as what twists and turns are waiting for us in coming days. It is always better to take precaution for a rainy day.”

Piyali persuaded Jhinuk, “Baby, tell me the truth, everything is not well between you two.”

Jhinuk’s eyes welled up, the bond between them, the spark between them was lost somewhere. Was it really? Yes it was. Her voice quivered as she heard her mother’s concern. She softly spoke to her mother, “Everything is well Ma, everything is fine. Just his work pressure has taken some toll, nothing else. I think we need to give more time to ourselves than our professional lives.”

Piyali understood the pain her daughter was having and spoke to her in a soothing voice, “Yes my sweet child. You both need to give time to yourselves and be close. If you stay out of Kolkata it will be better for both of you.”

Jhinuk let out a deep exhale and asked for some time to think on that proposition. She was not sure as how to reignite the passion, every time she tried to pull him out, he always pulled back on the pretext of his hospital, his trauma centre, his OT and his meetings. She was sceptical after her mother disclosed about the share of the property. Was there any share for them of that million rupees property? Probably her parents were right to have concern about her and her husband. She had a life of her own and her career and most important matter was their future together. If they don’t receive any share then they would be nowhere. She made up her mind that she would try to persuade Rishu to stay in Delhi. She would try to revive the bond but clap does not sound by one hand, Rishu had to take steps from his side also. He was always busy in his papers and hospitals and meets and conventions. How could she take the naughty Rishu out of the composed quiet Dr. Ambarish Sanyal? That big question floated in her soul.

In Mumbai, Rishu was very excited about the surprise trip he wanted to have. Long he cherished his dream to go biking in high hills and the time arrived and the perfect companion, his loving jovial wife, his heartthrob, his damsel Oyster Shell, Jhinuk.
Like Reply
Chapter 9. Broken Kiss, Goodbye. (#2)

At the convention, Rishu met his batchmate, Dr. Abhinav Bihde. After a long gap, they were meeting during that convention. There were several other doctors from all over India attending that convention. He came to know from his sources that coming year, the interview for the Assistant Professor post in SSKM Hospital in Kolkata would be held. He started to build references and collected information about the doctors in the interview panel. He met the panel doctors, Dr. Biswajeet Bannerjee, Dr. Subimal Dasgupta and Dr. Arunkanti Debnath. He knew that Debadideb Dutta was also keen to get that post and would go for any length to secure that. Abhinav informed him that another person from Mumbai, Dr. Sukanto Purakaistha was also interested for that post.

During the dinner, Abhinav asked Rishu, “Ambarish, what is your strategy about the interview?”

He smiled and answered, “Dr. Khairon is on my side and I have already spoken to all those on the panel. Going by my papers and experience and references, I am hopeful for that post.”

Abhinav took a deep breath and said, “Ambarish, things are not as easy as you look. References are important but today I observed something more.”

He gave a quizzical look at his friend, “What do you mean to say?”

Abhinav pointed to the lobby where Debadideb and his wife, Sukanya was speaking with Dr. Biswajeet Bannerjee. He said to Rishu, “Just watch them, Ambarish. Debadideb has something more to offer which you don’t have.”

Rishu’s blood started to boil as he observed Dr. Biswajeet’s right palm gently caressing the small of the back of Debadideb’s wife. Sukanya stood much closer to Dr. Biswajeet than her husband did. They were smiling at each other. After few minutes, he watched in despair that Sukanya walked in hand in hand along with Dr. Biswajeet and Debadideb followed them.

Abhinav let a deep exhale and patted Rishu’s shoulder, “So there goes your Assistant Professor post. I am sure Debadideb’s wife is going to secure the berth for him.”

He let a deep exhale out of despair; female flesh favours were rampant however, that was never his path to secure the berth. He was very depressed after beholding such immoral actions.

Abhinav asked him, “Do you drink? I know you don’t but would you like to?”

Rishu returned a despair smile and politely denied his requests. After sometime, another sight made him go insane. Dr. Sukanto was speaking with Dr. Arunkanti and there was a lady whom they don’t know, was with them. Both Abhinav and Rishu looked at eachother and let out a deep exhale of despair.

Rishu’s felt that all his dreams were shattered as he longed for that position dearly and wanted to return to Kolkata to his family. Abhinav consoled him and convinced him to stay in AIIMS for few more years as the post could get vacant after few years. However, Rishu was in dilemma as there were very few posts and SSKM PG hospital was running full.

Rishu knew that his jovial gorgeous wife, Jhinuk also wanted to go back to Kolkata as their family was there. Both of them badly yearned to be reunited with their families. Rishu was out of his home for last fifteen years and his Didibhai and Dada was getting old, so was his father-in-law and mother-in-law.

After Abhinav bid goodnight, Rishu stepped out of the hotel to have a smoke. After ages, he felt the urge to smoke. Just then, a car stopped at the parking lot and a lady came out from the car. He was unable to her face clearly, as the car was parked in a shadow region. The lady was in a knee length skirt and white shirt. He gave a bewildered look at her face as the lady approached him out of the shadow. She was none other than Miss. Samaira Srivastav, old colleague of Jhinuk.

Samaira smiled at him and asked, “What a pleasant surprise Dr. Sanyal? What are you doing here?”

Rishu gave a courteous smile at her and said, “Pleasure is mine, Samaira. So you are now in Mumbai?”

She shook her head and said, “No, I am still in Delhi. I came to Mumbai for official meeting. Are you staying in this hotel?”

He nodded his head and took a deep fag, “Yes, Unfortunately I am in this hotel alone.”

She gave a quizzical look, “Where is Sanghamitra?”

He smiled and answered, “I came here to attend a Orthopaedic convention. She is back in Delhi.”

Samaira, “How is Sanghamitra doing?”

Rishu, “Yes she is doing fine.”

Samaira looked at his tensed face and asked, “Are you tensed Dr. Sanyal?”

Rishu feigned his comfort and smiled back, “Na na.. everything is ok.”

Samaira works in human resources, she keenly observed his tensions so she requested him, “Why don’t we have a cup of coffee or a drink perhaps. I know you don’t have hard drinks but you won’t mind if I have one and you can sip cold drinks.”

Rishu felt a fresh breather in such clumsy weather so he accepted Samaira’s invitation. She requested him to follow her to her room and same time she ordered two whisky for herself and a coke for him. He was very depressed due to everything he observed during the dinner and Samaira’s company gave him a rejuvenating lease.

They entered the room and Samaira excused for freshen up. She entered the washroom and Rishu quietly sat on the couch. The butler served the drinks and coke after few minutes. Rishu took a deep breath as he heard splashing sound of water from the bathroom. After sometime Samaira came out of the washroom freshly bathed. She had a short pink slip that displayed most of her dusky sensuous frame. Rishu’s throat dried up as she lied on the bed on her side and took the glass in her hand. The hemline of her slip, crawled upwards near the juncture of her supple thighs and her never ending shining legs were in full display. He felt a jolt in his chest as she licked the glass with her velvety pink tongue and gave a naughty glance at him.

Samaira asked Rishu, “So how is your life going, Dr. Sanyal?”

Rishu fumbled with his words as he gulped the cold drink and answered, “Everything is going good, Samaira.” He felt uneasy as he observed that Samaira was not wearing any undergarments on her bust and the pointed bosoms were staring at him lewdly. He excused, “I must retire now.”

She sat up on the bed and sipped the drink and spoke in a husky tone, “If I am not wrong, you are tired of something, Dr. Sanyal.”

Rishu controlled his restless heartbeats and answered, “No nothing, it is just work pressure.”

She lied down on the bed on her stomach and her bosoms popped out invitingly out of her slip. She sipped the glass and spoke to him, “Do you know why I left the job?”

Rishu shook his head, “No.”

Samaira answered in a husky tone, “Mrs. Sanghamitra Sanyal is the cause, Dr. Sanyal. Your sweet venomous wife played dirty politics with me and elbowed me out.”

Rishu felt a jolt in his spine, “WHAT? No never, I know my wife very well. She would never do such things in her life.” His blood started to boil in his veins and he felt to slap the lady lying infront of him.

Samaira gave a sleek seductive smile and spoke, “Come on, Dr. Sanyal. Have you ever thought that how Sanghamitra secured best employee award in just two years and Assistant HR Manager post? You wife had an immoral business deal with Mr. Rajat Mahapatra our Chief HR.”

Rishu’s ears turned read and he growled at Samaira, “No this is not true.” His towering built frame trembled in angst and he roared at her, “My Jhinuk is not like that.”

Samaira gave a venomous sleek smile and took her phone and handed to Rishu, “I knew you won’t believe me. Why don’t you call Rajat and clear it.”

Rishu’s frame shook in anger. What was Samaira saying about his wife? Did she really do all those? Was his sweet bubbling jovial wife so cheated him? Did she have engaged herself in an immoral deal to secure the berth? What was the deal, he must know about that.

Samaira took the phone and called someone, “Hey, how are you doing? You remember Dr. Sanyal, right. Yes, yes... Sanghamitra’s husband. Yes... he is sitting infront of me... Yes Yes... He wants to speak to you... What? No... no... He just wants to know about his wife... Yes...(chuckle) Do tell him...”

She activated the speaker mode and there was a male voice on the other end.

The male voice greeted Rishu, “Hello Dr. Sanyal.” Rishu’s heartbeat stopped for a second and then started to thump inside his chest with breakneck pace. He clenched his jaws and waited anxiously to know the details of that immoral deal. His frame trembled in angst as he heard the person chuckle on the other end. His throat dried up as the person spoke, “Your wife is very sexy and sweet, Dr. Sanyal. We enjoyed a lot in office itself.......”

Rishu’s eyes started to burn, he was unable to stand more of that chuckle and switched off the phone and slumped on the couch. He stooped down and clawed his hair in despair and sheer pain. The whole world seemed to crumble down over him. The path that he hated most, for which he lost the position he dreamt. He could have followed that path presenting female favours to the panel doctors but he hated such acts. Never in his darkest thought had he imagined that his sweet loving wife would sleep around to gain favour and elbow others to build her career. Whom would he believe? Would he ask his wife, but why? He just now heard Mr. Mahapatra narrating as how his loving wife sold herself to rise in her career.

Samaira came down from the bed and knelt infront of Rishu. His eyes were glistening with pain and burning with angst. She took his face between her soft palms and planted a wet soft kiss on his cheek. He could not stand the burning touch of that sultry siren.

Rishu held Samaira by her shoulder and pushed her on the bed. For the first time, the demonic side of Dr. Ambarish Sanyal unleashed. For the first time he gulped the alcohol from the second glass. He ripped her clothes apart and smashed Samaira’s fragile frame on the bed. He took off his dress and pinned her down. The burning sensation of betrayal by his loving sweet wife took reins in his veins and his blood boiled in his brain. He pushed her legs apart and tore the skimpy panty from her body. He took out his raging monster and rammed her voluptuous naked frame with force. He kept on jamming her with insane force and poured all his venom inside her soft slippery cavern. He felt exhausted after that and lied quietly on her soft cushy bosom.

All the time, Samaira kept quiet and enjoyed as the monster pinned her down and jammed her with great force. After he lay on her sweating body, she combed his hair with her serpentine fingers and whispered in his ears.

Samaira, “Ambarish, I know the pain of betrayal so I can easily fathom as what going inside your heart.” She soothed his bare back and traced his spine with her long fingernails. She whispered in his ears, “Let us make love, Ambarish and not pain. Let everything die down, cool off Ambarish. Come to my arms. Do you want another peg?”

Rishu looked at Samaira’s seductive alluring face with glistening eyes. For the first time in ages, he felt the urge to booze again. He nodded and asked for a drink. She ordered another couple of drinks. After the drinks arrived, they satiated their carnal hunger for the whole night.
Like Reply
Chapter 9. Broken Kiss, Goodbye. (#3)

was to return to Delhi as the next day was Jhinuk’s birthday. He did not feel to call his wife as he felt that all has been lost, the colours the gleams the sparkle the dreams, everything. He looked at the diamond necklace that he bought to surprise his wife. He felt a deep urge to choke his wife by wrapping that necklace around her throat. He smoked continuously to dissuade his anger that blistered inside him. He saw a series of miss call from his wife and felt to crush her heart in his claws. How the girl, betrayed him? Why she betrayed him and slept with somebody? He thumped on the couch and clawed his hair in despair. Insanity and utter rage took him over as the phone kept ringing and the picture of smiling Jhinuk came on the screen everytime. At last, he messaged her that he was stuck in the meeting and he would return the next day only.

Jhinuk’s reply came, “Take your food on time, honey. Please try to come early tomorrow.”

Rishu’s eyes burnt while he read that message. What a vicious nymph she was, wearing a veil on her adulterated behaviour. He switched off the phone and spent the whole day in his room. Everything was lost for him in a day. He came to the bitter truth behind his loving wife’s success. He lost the opportunity that he longed for due to illicit favours that he could not give to the people.

Jhinuk tried her husband’s phone from the morning but could not reach him. She got frightened and called the hotel in which he was staying and came to know that Rishu was still there. She asked the operator to connect her to the room. Her heartbeat quickened, as she was not able to get any information about her husband. It was her birthday, she longed to be with him.

She clasped the phone and the phone kept ringing. She had blisters of fright all over her skin. What happened to her hubby? Why he was not picking up the phone? Why was he not answering?

Rishu picked up the phone and asked in a cold voice, “What happened?”

Jhinuk’s voice quivered, “Where is your mobile? I have been trying since day before yesterday and you are not picking the phone? What happened to you?”

Rishu answered in a deep cold groan, “Nothing happened, I am fine.”

Jhinuk kissed the receiver, she had tears of joy as she heard his deep voice. She felt solace in her arid heart that her husband was fine. She asked him, “When are you coming? Please try to make it early. Please please please....”

Rishu’s heart burnt as he heard her jovial voice. Why was she playing with him? He clenched his jaws and answered, “I will reach on time don’t worry.”

Jhinuk was excited as she learnt that he would arrive on time so she asked, “Shall I book a table for two in any restaurant?”

Chilled came the answer from Rishu, “No need for that. I am busy right now keep the phone.”

Jhinuk was taken aback by the sudden change in his attitude. Not for a single moment he wished her birthday. She felt so hurt that her heart crumbled in pain. She felt her chest gurgle, a cramping pain took over her heart and she leapt on the bed and pressed the pillow on her face. Since morning, all her family members called her and wished her birthday but the person from whom she longed most, gave her a cold shoulder. Last two years even after being busy, he never forgot her birthday. On her first birthday, he took her out and on next, they celebrated in the house itself. But what happened that day? Why he was so busy? Might be, however he never forgets her birthday.

Jhinuk waited anxiously and the minutes passed like ages, waiting for her love to return. She kept on fidgeting with her phone expecting his call that never arrived. She had faith on her heart that he would arrive by evening. She took bath and dressed gorgeously, put makeup on her face and dbangd in a beautiful sea green saree, the colour her husband loves most. She looked at herself on the full-length mirror and admired herself. What he would do on that day? She blushed as the past reminiscences floated in her mind. Both of the night, they submerged in torrential conjugal bliss.

The door bell rang and she ran towards the door to welcome her loving husband. Before opening, she felt goosebumps all over her slender fragile frame. Her heartbeat quickened as she closed her eyes and opened the door, expecting her husband to hug her and sweep off her feet. Seconds passed but she felt no warm touch from her husband.

“Happy birthday honey. Surprise.” Jhinuk was surprised on hearing Shalini’s voice.

Jhinuk peeked behind her expecting that Rishu might have invited all her friends and thrown a surprise party, however to her dismay, none except Shalini was there.

Shalini gave a quizzical look and looked behind as to what Jhinuk was observing. She asked Jhinuk, “What happened?”

Jhinuk’s eyes filled with tears and she bit her lips to control her pain and gave a courteous smile at Shalini, “Nothing, come inside.”

Shalini entered the house and looked around and asked, “It is seven o’clock and where is Anna? Is he still at hospital?”

Stealthily Jhinuk wiped the corner of her eyes and asked her to sit down. She answered to Shalini, “Rishu is in Mumbai attending a convention.”

Shalini gave a surprised look at her and said, “The convention ended day before yesterday. Anna should be back by now.”

Jhinuk felt a jolt, she contained her bewilderment and asked her, “How do you know? Did Indrajeet attend the convention?”

Shalini, “Na, honey. He didnot attend due to unavailability of leave. However he prepared for that so I know the schedule.”

Jhinuk pulled a fake smile and asked her, “How are you both doing now?”

Shalini hugged her and answered, “Everything is back in normal, Jhinuk. We regained what we lost.”

Shall she regain what she lost? What did she lost she does not know. No, she has faith on her husband, she has faith on herself.

Jhinuk faked again and said, “Ah! You know now-a-days he is busy in building acquaintances and gathering references for the interview. He might be stuck in that.” Was everything true? She doesnot know. What went wrong in two days that her husband never picked up her phone?

Just then, the phone rang and she ran towards the phone. It was not the usual Rishu’s ringtone that she configured. Her heart thumped loudly in sheer anxiety inside her chest. What happened to her loving husband? Why was he so late?

“Hello Darling, remember me.” Came the sound from the other end. It was a female voice, “I am SS, Samaira Srivastav, you old colleague.” Jhinuk’s ears started to burn suddenly as she heard her chuckle, “Happy birthday, Mrs. Sanghamitra Sanyal.”

Jhinuk muttered in a cold voice, “Thanks for remembering my birthday.”

Samaira chuckled on the other end, “There is an old saying darling. Know your friends but know your enemies better.”

Jhinuk clenched her jaws and asked her, “What do you want?”

Samaira chuckled, “Nothing honey. I just want to give you a present.”

Jhinuk was surprised as she heard about the present, “What present?”

Samaira hissed like a venomous serpent, “A present you will cherish for the lifetime.”

Jhinuk asked, “What is it?”

Samaira sheepishly grinned and said, “Check your mobile honey. Goodnight.”

After few seconds, Jhinuk received an mms clip on her mobile. On opening the clip, she felt that the floor shook beneath her feet. Her head started spinning and the world around her started to shake violently. The walls rumbled on her, the soft lights of the room seemed to be huge flames that leapt to engulf her body. She clasped the curtain somehow but she lost balance and fell on the floor.

Shalini came running towards her and took the phone. She patted on her cheeks and asked, “Who called, what happened to Anna?”

There were no tears left in Jhinuk’s eyes to wail, she lost her voice. She gave a glassy look at Shalini’s bewildered face and handed the phone to her. Shalini looked at the clip. Naked Samaira lying on the bed with her creamy supple thighs apart and hugging nude Dr. Ambarish Sanyal with her both hands and he was jamming his manhood insanely inside the sloppy cavern of the seductive lady.

Gently Jhinuk stood up from the floor and looked around. Everything seemed so fake so scorching that she felt to end her life. Never in her wildest dream had she thought that her loving and caring husband would cheat her like that. Where she would go, her house at Saltlake? No, even her parents had contoured thoughts. They wanted to keep her apart from Rishu’s parents. Why? Because her mother thought that being together might strengthen the bond between them.

Jhinuk staggered and stumbled towards the bed. She had no energy left in her body and slumped on the bed. She felt that she was losing consciousness. She looked at Shalini’s moving lips but those sounds never entered her ears. What was she saying to her? Nothing perhaps only her lips were moving.

In a very mechanical way, Jhinuk stood up from the bed and went near her cupboard. She took out her bag and packed some essential dresses and her credit cards and debit cards. She put her laptop in her bag and took her ornaments in her purse. She looked at her reflection in the mirror, once again in her life she was deceived by the suave nature. This time she loved the person from the abyss of her heart and she had that faith that he would never cheat her. Then was the video clip wrong? Never, she knows every inch of her husband’s body, she recognise as how he groans and mutter during mating. She was sure that those moans and the voice of the person was of her husband, she clearly saw the face of her husband in that video clip.

Shalini shook Jhinuk by her shoulder and asked, “What are you doing? Where are you going?”

Jhinuk gave a cold glassy look at her and muttered, “I don’t know.”

Shalini was very frightened and she tried to persuade Jhinuk, “See Jhinuk the clip may be a hoax, everything might be staged. Anna can’t do something like that.”

Jhinuk muttered, “I know, however even you saw his clear face on the screen as how he was enjoying Samaira.”

Shalini lost her voice as she again looked at the clip. No doubt, it was Dr. Ambarish Sanyal, the well-built frame, the birthmark on his chin and the voice.

Jhinuk muttered as she staggered towards the door, “Can you drop me to the airport?”

Shalini asked her, “Where will you go?”

Jhinuk took the key and answered to Shalini, “I want answer from Mamoni as why her son did this to me.”

Shalini tried to persuade but she was adamant to find the explanation. She walked out along with Shalini. Shalini drove her to the airport and asked her to give a call once she reaches Kolkata safely.

Jhinuk gave a fake smile and said, “Goodbye Shalini. Don’t worry about me.”

While she sat in the lounge waiting for the boarding call, she wrote a message to her husband.

***** End of Chapter 9 *****
Like Reply
Chapter 10. Fervor Regained. (#1)

Rishu boarded the afternoon flight with vengeance. Blood was boiling inside his veins. He bore the thought of revenge to kill his wife by wrapping the necklace around her neck and gag her until her lifeless cold body lies infront of him.

“Tea or Coffee?” The airhostess asked Rishu.

Rishu gave a cold glassy look at the airhostess and his sight fell on the nameplate of the lady. He was shocked to read the nameplate. The name of the lady was “Chandrika”. He was bewildered and read the nameplate again. Suddenly the old reminiscences floated infront of his eyes. Years ago, the then ladylove, Chandrika, barged on him and made up what was not even true. The huge misunderstanding that shattered him, she had no faith on him and broke off the year long relationship. Why he walked on the same path as Chandrika did?

Why Rishu never felt to dug deeper to know the reality behind as what Samaira told him? Samaira’s version must be a deliberate one. Love is all about faith and trust. How he lost that faith on his loving wife? His heartthrob can’t do something like that, never in thousand years. Why did not ask his heartthrob before acting insane. Even without knowing the facts, how he did that demonic act? How was he going to look into his loving wife’s eye who was sitting alone, anxiously waiting for his return? He maligned himself and his love. Was his love so fragile and weak that an alien could blow off his trust?

How would Rishu win Jhinuk’s trust back again? He would cut his heart out of his chest and keep it in his loving wife’s feet to show his undying love. He would do anything; go any furlong to prove that what he did was out of impulse. He would confess, bow on her feet and ask for forgiveness.

The flight landed with a jolt and Rishu’s heart cried out. He tried to call Jhinuk, however, her phone kept on ringing and there was no answer from the other end.

Rishu started to sweat profusely, his heart raced like a wild horse. His damsel must be waiting eagerly for his return and she might be very angry on him. That day was her birthday and she might be very offended, as he did not even bother to wish her.

Rishu took a cab and asked the driver to drive as fast as he could. Due to the office timings, the roads were jammed. He requested the driver to take detours and drive through lanes so that he could reach his waiting damsel. He kept on calling her again and again but the phone kept on ringing. What happened to her, why she was not answering his call? Did something worse happen? She must be very hurt and due to which she was not picking up his phone. He took out the diamond necklace and pressed it on his lips. His eyes welled up, he lamented on his impulsive deed. He sobbed and clawed his hair in despair and pain.

“Shaab ji where in CR Park?” asked the driver.

Rishu came to senses and gave direction to his block. After paying the driver, he raced to his flat. He was panting hard and was shaking in sheer anxiety. He felt a jolt on his body as he found the door locked. He could not understand as what he would do, where was his wife. He tried Indrajeet’s phone but could not connect him, he then tried Shalini’s phone but that also kept on ringing. He tried few of her office colleagues but none was aware of her whereabouts. He opened the door with his spare key and entered the house. The empty house seemed to be haunted one.

Rishu’s phone sounded at last and it was Jhinuk’s message. After reading the message, his head started to spin, the empty bedroom haunted him, the walls came crumbling down on his towering frame and crushed him under the heavy weight of the broken bricks. The curtains wrapped around his neck like huge python and choked his breath. He was unable to breathe; he was unable to walk, he lost all his energy. He clenched his chest and fell on the ground with the mobile in his hand. His tiny nest bereft of his queen tried to maul him. </font></font><br />
<font face="Georgia"><font size="3">Rishu wailed out in top of his voice, “Jhinuk please forgive me.” Only his lips trembled in agony. Where was his damsel, his heartthrob, his ladylove Mrs. Sanghamitra Sanyal?

After a while, Indrajeet and Shalini walked inside through the open door. Indrajeet clenched his jaws and gave him enraged look. Rishu was astounded to find them and peeked behind them expecting his wife, but she was not there.

Shalini’s eyes were deluged, her face burnt in anger, her eyes were red and blistered in fury. She approached him and knelt infront of him. Without saying a single word, she slapped hard across his cheek. He gave a bewildered look at her and tried to speak. Another slap landed across his cheek.

Shalini clasped his collar and screamed in pain, “Why Anna Why?”

Rishu turned to stone; someone sucked all his blood from his face. He mumbled, “Where is Jhinuk?”

She tore his shirt and banged her fist on his chest, “Jhinuk has left Anna. She has left you.”

He lost his breath, lost all his strength and stared blankly around the house. Indrajeet knelt down infront of him and showed him the clip.

Rishu tried to mutter something but Indrajeet growled at him, “You always wore a mask, pretended to be a saint and is this your true nature? Rishu, why you did this to Jhinuk?”

He stammered feverishly, “Jeet, I can explain. Please let me explain.”

Indrajeet gave him a glass of water and he drank to quench his thirst. The thirst his body was quenched but what about the thirst to meet his wife? Who would satiate that thirst? Where was his darling wife?

Shalini was sobbing continuously and banging her head, “Anna you were a father figure to me. I adored you, loved you and respected you. Never in my dream had I thought you would do such illicit act.”

Indrajeet asked him, “What is your explanation?”

Rishu narrated everything that happened and bowed down infront of Shalini to ask her forgiveness. He said that he was very much depressed after he saw Debadideb and Sukanto offering female favour to the panel doctors to secure the berth he longed for. He was broken as he was confident about securing that post. When his dreams were shattered to ground, he heard from Samaira that, Jhinuk also gave illicit favour and he could no more control himself. He lost his power of justification and pounced on Samaira. Everything he did was an impulsive act and not a deliberate move.

Shalini was taken aback after hearing his version. Indrajeet said to him, that Jhinuk has left for Kolkata and she was going to Dhakuria, to clarify things with Ambalika.

Rishu got frightened, he knew his Didibhai very well. If she divulges everything and shows that clip to Didibhai, then she would commit suicide. His thoughts went blank he lost strength and clasped the air to regain his composure in vain.

After long time, Rishu took a deep breath and stood up. He entered his bedroom and found the cupboard was wide open. He picked up Jhinuk’s cloth and pressed on his face, took a deep breath to inhale her smell and fill his heart. He felt solace as her fragrance filled his arid soul. He has to ask forgiveness from Jhinuk before everything goes out of control. Once Didibhai comes to know the there would be no choice for him other than to end his life as his Didibhai would end her life. There was no point of calling Jhinuk as she might be on the flight to Kolkata.

Shalini spoke in a cold roar, “What are you waiting for, Anna? Go and win her back.”

Rishu wiped his tears and looked at Indrajeet. He clenched his jaws and chewed his words, “I will show to Samaira what I am. I want to meet Rajat now.”

Indrajeet asked him, “Do you know where he lives, do you know his number?”

Rishu said, “I know Kavya’s number. We can get Rajat’s number from him.”

Rishu then called Kavya and collected Rajat’s number. He then dialled Rajat’s mobile but he forgot as what to ask to him.

Rajat asked, “Hello who is this?”

The voice on the phone was different from the voice what Rishu heard on Samaira’s phone. Rajat spoke in an Orissian accent where as the voice on the phone was speaking in clear Hindi. Everything became clear as water infront of his eyes. Samaira played a deliberate game with him. She might have avenged his wife for something and he want to know the reality.

Rishu answered, “Sorry to disturb you, Mr. Mahapatra. I am Dr. Sanyal, Sanghamitra’s husband.”

Rajat smiled and said, “So how are you Dr. Sanyal. This is very bad Dr. Sanyal, you have not invited me for your wife’s birthday party.”

Rishu lost his voice and he gulped saliva to soak his throat, “I mean I want to meet you, Mr. Mahapatra.”

Rajat asked in a curious tone, “What happened Dr. Sanyal? Is everything ok?”

Was everything ok for him? No, it was not. He muttered, “Can you say something about Samaira?”

Rajat asked him, “Why do you want to know about Samaira?”

Rishu pleaded, “Can we meet, Mr. Mahapatra?”

Rajat gave him his address and Rishu said that he would be at his place within half an hour. All the way, he prepared himself as how to face him and unravel the truth without maligning his wife. He cannot tell Rajat directly as what Samaira told him. He and Indrajeet reached Rajat’s house where Rajat was anxiously waiting for them.

Rajat greeted them and asked Rishu, “What happened Dr. Sanyal? Is everything ok with Sanghamitra? Why were you asking about Samaira?”

Both Indrajeet and Rishu looked at each other. Rishu spoke to him, “I met Samaira two days ago in Mumbai.” Rajat gave a quizzical look. Rishu continued, “She said that, you kicked her out of the job and my wife helped you. Is that true?”

Rajat was shocked to hear him and roared, “What the F*** the bitch is saying? I caught her red-handed forging confidential documents. Mr. Gulati was to call the security officer. Sanghamitra saved her skin by persuading Mr. Gulati and Sanghamitra asked her to resign.”

Rishu looked at Indrajeet as Indrajeet thought to ignite Rajat’s wrath so he tactfully spoke, “Samaira also said that you ask for illicit favours from female employees in your office.”

Rajat growled in angst, “WHAT?”

Rishu nodded his head, “Yes, Mr. Mahapatra. She said that even. You call her and clarify.”

Rajat trembled violently in anger, he growled, “I will teach that bitch a lesson.”

Rajat called Samaira and spoke to her in a chilled tone, “Hello Samaira. What is this?”

Samaira feigned ignorance and asked, “What a pleasant surprise Mr. Mahapatra. How are you?”

Rajat growled at her, “What is this I am hearing?”

Samaira, “What Mr. Mahapatra, what have you heard?”

Rajat growled at her, “Don’t play with me, Samaira. What have you told to Dr. Sanyal?”

Samaira laughed, “Who is Dr. Sanyal, Mr. Mahapatra?”

Rajat looked at Rishu and Rishu growled on the phone, “Don’t chuckle like that, Samaira. I am here. Don’t deny as what you said.” He played hardball, “I recorded what you said to me about Mr. Mahapatra. Do you want to hear that?”

Samaira’s voice shook like a twig, she fumbled for words, “I mean, I mean.....”

Rajat growled at her, “I will bring you down Samaira.”

Samaira cut off the phone immediately. Rajat called her again and roared, “Don’t dare to cut off the phone Samaira. I will see your end. Why have you told Dr. Sanyal that I ask for immoral favours from female employees?” Samira was dead silent on the other end, only her deep frightened breathing sound could be heard. Rajat spoke to her, “I don’t want to know where you are or how you are. Tomorrow I want a written apology on my desk. I don’t want any e-mail or printout. You have to come to my office and write that letter infront of me, duly signed.”

Samaira pleaded, “Forgive me.”

Rajat roared, “I have those forged papers that you tried to use to appoint few employees. I have those forged papers also that you showed peoples that you have power to appoint and you took large sums of money in pretext of giving them job. You have two options Samaira. One, you come to my office tomorrow and give me a written apology else I am going to security officer and slam a forgery case against you. Choice is yours, Samaira.”

Samaira switched off the phone. Rajat shook hands with Rishu and expressed gratitude to bring everything in light.

After coming out of Rajat’s house, Rishu said that he wants to goto Kolkata. He yearned to meet Jhinuk and confess everything. Indrajeet dropped him at airport at about nine o’clock at night. He managed to get a ticket in a late night flight to Kolkata. The same flight, three years back he boarded to get married with his sweetheart wife.

The flight took off at dead night. Rishu sat quietly with a vague look out to the dark sky. He fathomed that his out-station tours, attending rotaries, staying late working extra mile in OT and trauma centre had taken heavy toll in their conjugal life. The passionate fire was dying. When he was young, he wanted to break-free from the boundaries and roam in wild, his passion of biking, his passion of camping, his passion of trekking, with passing time everything took backseat and his career came out as front-runner. Where the old naughty Rishu did got lost that his Didibhai tells him. He heard stories from his Didibhai, that when he was young, he used to come home covered with dust, hair dishevelled, some unknown flowers or fruits in his pockets, sometime stones sometimes marbles. Where that Rishu did got lost, who used to go out on his cycle for the whole evening when they were in Ranchi? That Rishu has to come out again to win back his love. He knew nothing as what awaits him in Kolkata.

Continued.....
Like Reply
posted up to 50th page
Like Reply
Chapter 10. Fervor Regained. (#2)

While messaging Rishu, Jhinuk observed numerous miss calls from him. Her eyes burnt in agony and she bit her lips to control her flooded eyes still those molten lava trickled down her rosy cheeks. Her fingers trembled while writing the message, her eyes were deluged and few times she mistook the spellings due to hazy sight. Before sending that message, she read that numerous times. Her heart broke as she pressed the send button. She wiped her eyes and looked around, few onlooker were staring at her inundated contoured eyes. Her chest convulsed yet she held her composure.

Jhinuk was busy in her office works yet she used to wake up from bed before Rishu to prepare his breakfast and his lunch. After coming from office, she cooked the dinner everyday.

Jhinuk knew that her beloved husband was busy person and she tried to take him out for shopping to ease him out. She surfed net for new recipes that might amuse her beloved. She tried everything within her control to appease her red heartthrob.

Then what happened all of a sudden that Rishu changed? Jhinuk did bring her office works at home but never weighed them more than her conjugal life. Was that entirely true, no it was not? Her professional life took some toll in their conjugal bliss, yes she remembers that several nights she feigned of headache or having a bad day when he embraced her. Was Rishu having an extramarital affair with Samaira due to that? She came to knew about that only on her birthday. No, it was not truth. Sometimes she sees his mobile, takes his messages while he takes rest. Never had she found any such messages that could raise her suspicion.

Jhinuk boarded the plane and as the flight took off, she felt void in her heart. Would she be able to forgive her husband ever again? Even he did not wish her birthday, what could be the reason? Has he left her forever? Did he call her to inform about the separation? What should she do now if he asks for separation?

Jhinuk opened the clip and closely looked his face. She observed the clip very minutely, every move, every groan, every expression of the person. She played the clip repeatedly and at last, she observed that the person in the clip was not the person she knew. The person in the clip might posses striking resemblance with her beloved husband but the facial expression was not of passion or pleasure. The demon in the clip bore contours of pain and despair. The groans and grunts were not as usual, they were different and they were filled with hatred. The demon was not enjoying the coital actions rather he was ravaging the lady in hatred. Shalini was correct, the clip was staged, was fake. Her heartthrob can’t betray her like that. Why he had such hatred? What happened in Mumbai that transformed her loving husband to a vengeful demon? Although the monster in the clip looks like her beloved but he was not her beloved husband, he was a demon. She must avenge Samaira for what she did with her.

Jhinuk laughed at last about her sudden impulsive behaviour. She should have stayed back in Delhi and should have confronted her husband. What should she tell her family and her Mamoni? Rishu was Mamoni’s apple of the eye, if she comes to know about all these, then she won’t be able to stand the pain and she would succumb. If Mamoni succumbs then her Babu, Niladri would not be able to live. Her whole family would be devastated and she won’t be able to bear that. She can’t make a sullen face infront of her Mamoni. She wiped her face and headed for the washroom. She splashed water on her face, applied makeup and felt rejuvenated again. Sure, she would thrash Rishu for his immoral behaviour however, not infront of anyone. He is only hers and she would go any length ward off evils from him.

The plane landed in Kolkata, her home Kolkata, the City of Joy. That day there was no one waiting for her to welcome as she arrived without any notice. She switched on the phone to check for Rishu’s call. There were several miss call from Rishu. Where was he at that time? Did he returned to Delhi or still in Mumbai?

Then she received a call from Shalini. As her face screened on the mobile screen, Jhinuk got agitated.

Shalini asked her, “Have you reached Kolkata safely?”

Jhinuk’s eyes burnt in anger, due to Shalini, her Rishu lost his love once. She was inebriated and had sex with an unknown person and was lying on his bed. Chandrika thought otherwise and she left Rishu. Jhinuk took a deep breath and spoke in a cold roar, “Yes Shalini, I have reached safely.”

Shalini asked her, “Has Anna called you?”

A cramping pain grasped her Jhinuk’s heart and she softly huffed, “Why should he call me? Does he need to inform that he is leaving me for Samaira?”

“NO” Shalini shrieked, “Jhinuk please listen to me once. Anna is coming to Kolkata for you. He arrived half an hour after you left.”

Jhinuk was surprised to know that so she asked, “Why he is coming to Kolkata? What does he want now? Is he coming for separation?”

Shalini persuaded her to listen to her carefully. She divulged everything as what Rishu told them. She also told her that Rishu was very depressed due to the actions of Debadideb and Sukanto. He never entered into IMA politics, he always relied on his merit and references. Jhinuk felt the pain of his broken dream that he nurtured for long. The immoral actions of Debadideb and Sukanto must have broken him into millions of pieces.

Since long, even before Jhinuk’s marriage, Rishu yearned to return to Kolkata to reunite with his family. She fathomed the pain he was bearing after beholding such immoral deals. She envisioned his painful heart, she felt his tears, she felt his cramps and she understood that when he heard all that lies from Samaira, he was unable to control himself and might have engaged in that illicit actions. Jhinuk clenched her jaws by the mere thought that why not for a second he ever thought the other way. She sat on the chair in the lounge and slapped her forehead. She should have taken leave to accompany with him to Mumbai. She attended few of his conventions, but she was busy then preparing the audit schedule. She cursed herself for not able to ward off the evil out of her husband’s path.

Shalini pleaded to Jhinuk, “Please forgive him Jhinuk. It was just an impulsive act.”

Jhinuk fumed all her wrath on her, “Impulsive act, huh! Remember Shalini, due to your impulsive actions a love story broke down years ago. With how many have you slept? Three, four or even more than that and you speak of illicit affairs. I know you are older than I am but don’t try to teach me Shalini. You may have several boyfriends but...” She was too harsh on Shalini but she cooled down after sometime. She spoke then, “I have only one Rishu and I have only one heart. The person in the clip can’t be my dear Rishu. The person in the clip is a demon and my Rishu is not a villain. It is a staged act and I am going to finish that bitch.”

Shalini felt sorry for what she did in past. She let out a deep exhale that she held for long.

Jhinuk felt respite after knowing that her husband was alright and he was coming to Kolkata to pursue his love, “So that Doctor is coming to get me?”

Shalini answered in low voice, she understood that Jhinuk was an wounded tigress, “Yes.”

Jhinuk felt a naughty tingle down her spine, “Let him come. I will teach him a lesson.”

Jhinuk took a deep breath and walked to the taxi stand. She took a cab and the cab raced to Dhakuria. It would take an hour before she reaches her Mamoni’s place and before that, she should take action. She called Samaira, the phone kept on ringing. She kept calling her and after few rings, Samaira picked up the phone.

Jhinuk spoke in an enraged cold voice, “What have you done?”

Samaira’s voice quivered, “Sorry Sanghamitra. I am very sorry.”

Jhinuk roared at her, “Why you did this to me?”

Samaira sobbed and pleaded, “I avenged as what I thought you did to me. Rajat Sir called me and asked for my written apology. Forgive me Sanghamitra. It was not at all Dr. Sanyal’s fault. I offered him drinks laced with coke and enticed him. He refused ...”

Jhinuk took a deep breath and lashed out at her, “I know everything. Samaira, the video clip that you send me is still with me. It is an internet world, Samaira. With the help of software, I can easily blur Rishu’s face and upload the clip on internet. Do you want that to be done?”

Samaira cried out at last, “No... Please don’t do that to me.”

Jhinuk spoke in an ice-chilled tone, “There is an old saying, Samaira. Look before you leap and you leapt in a frying pan, Samaira. My love is not that fragile that any alien can shatter it. You just wipe out from the face of the earth, Samaira. If I see you anywhere in future then that will be your last day.”

Jhinuk slammed the phone and looked outside. The car raced at high speed towards her home. She won’t forget everything as what Rishu did to her and forgive him so easily. Rishu would have to toil hard to regain her and she won’t surrender so easily this time. The clap must be sounded using both hands and if he really loves her and want to win her back then the old mischief Rishu had to come out of the suave composed nature. She would tear apart the mask to bring out her loving husband. She understood that due to her too much involvement in her profession made her aloof from her family. Earlier she used to ask Jhilik about her college life, but with time, those conversations shortened to her studies only. She lost her best friend, her sister in rat race of life. Diya, her sweet jovial sister-in-law, seldom called her because of the same reason. Deep, the naughty mischievous foal, the reason behind being Mrs. Sanyal, stopped calling her as she was always busy. She fathomed that the jovial Jhinuk was lost somewhere in the rat race of life and Mrs. Sanghamitra Sanyal emerged out. She made up her mind that she would resign from her job and stay in Kolkata close to her family.

What would Jhinuk tell to Mamoni? Mamoni and Babu would be very much surprised to find her at that late hour. Nevertheless, they would ask her about Rishu, what answer would she give? She would have to make up a story about that. She can’t tell them about that illicit incident that Rishu deed, she had to pretend that nothing happened and she wanted to give Mamoni a surprise.

Jhinuk called her Mamoni, “Mamoni, what are you cooking?”

Ambalika was surprised to get Jhinuk’s call in such late hour, “Fried rice, chilly chicken and fish fry but why dear?”

Jhinuk joked at her, “Just like that. Do you have some more of chilly chicken; we might drop in to have dinner.”

Ambalika laughed, “Teasing your old Mamoni again?”

Jhinuk giggled, “Who said that my Mamoni is old? She is still young and beautiful even at fifty.”

A solitary tear of solace came in Ambalika’s eye. She asked her sweet jovial daughter-in-law, “What are you doing now? Did he take you out or same like the last time? Give the phone to him.”

Jhinuk felt a lump in her throat as what she would answer. She kept quiet for few seconds and said, “Nah! Mamoni, he is currently not by my side. He was very busy in his Mumbai convention so he could not arrive on time.”

Ambalika got angry, “WHAT? Has he forgotten your birthday?”

Jhinuk wiped the corner of her eyes and lied to her Mamoni, “No Mamoni. He called me and said that he would give me a surprise and I am waiting for that.”

Ambalika smiled at last, “So where are you now?”

Jhinuk felt a naughty tingle as the cab stopped at the gate of her house. She screamed on the phone, “Open the gate Mamoni. I am outside.”

Ambalika was amazed, “WHAT? Don’t lie to me naughty girl.”

Jhinuk laughed at her, “Yes Mamoni and from the window I can see that Jhilik and Diya fighting in their room.”

Ambalika laughed at her, “I will slap you naughty girl.”

Diya and Jhilik looked outside the window and were surprised to see Jhinuk. Deep ran down and opened the door.

Jhinuk entered her house and hugged Ambalika, “How are you Mamoni?”

Ambalika could not believe her eyes and she gave a bewildered look at her, “What happened tell me the truth?” She brought down her tone and asked, “Have you two fought again?”

How does Mamoni always fathom everything? Jhinuk braved an elegant smile yet she could not hide her pain. She laughed and answered, “Not at all Mamoni. Rishu was busy in his convention so he could not arrive. I was feeling very lonely so I felt to meet you all.”

Ambalika looked deeply into Jhinuk’s inundated smiling eyes and asked, “Are you telling the truth?”

Jhinuk hugged her Mamoni, “Yes Mamoni.”

Ambalika asked her to give Rishu a call. Jhinuk fumbled with her phone, she knew that flight from Delhi had not yet arrived yet she called him. His mobile was switched off as he was on the flight. Jhinuk said that Rishu was also on the way to Kolkata. Everyone was amazed to know that except Ambalika, who fathomed that something somewhere was very wrong, yet she kept quiet. Both the children has grown up, she should not meddle in their affairs until things spun out of control. She fathomed that they need sometime and they should mend their problems.

Ambalika asked Jhinuk, “So what my child wants now?”

Jhinuk requested in a childish voice, “Moroccan orange cake, how about that?”

Ambalika smiled and started to prepare the Moroccan orange cake.

Jhilik and Diya keenly observed their Jhinuk Didi, they observed a change in her.

Jhinuk winched her brows and asked those girls, “WHAT?”

Jhilik came near her sister and whispered to her, “You look different?”

Jhinuk smiled at her and said, “For good or for bad?”

Jhilik piercing gaze could not fathom as what was different in her sister but she was acting as very old Jhinuk she was. She nodded and smiled, “Definitely for good, Didi.”

Jhinuk took away Diya and Jhilik to their room and she flung herself on the bed. She asked the girls, “Anything new about your college life? Don’t tell me you both are still single.”

Diya laughed out at her query, “Yes Didi, we are still single and ready to mingle.”

Jhilik winked at her sister and asked, “What about Juju? Where is he?”

Jhinuk smiled while answering her sister, “He is on the way. He is coming here directly from Mumbai.”

For a moment, Jhinuk’s blood flashed with angst but she controlled not to spill her rage infront of those smiling faces. Whatever her fight, her pain, her agony, the reason was Rishu and he should burn in her wrath, not her sweet loving family.

Jhinuk kept on fidgeting with her phone eagerly expecting Rishu’s call as by that time the flight from Delhi should land. The phone rang at last and her throat choked as she observed Rishu’s smiling face on her mobile screen. All the veins of her body strained, she felt millions of scorpions stinging on her slender frame. Her husband’s smiling face made her go numb and she picked up the phone to answer. She felt to clasp her chest and faint due to sheer agony but Jhilik and Diya was looking at her.

Jhinuk took a deep breath to clear her restless mind that surged in her brain and then spoke in a calm voice, “Hello honey, have your flight landed safely?”

Continued.....
Like Reply
Chapter 10. Fervor Regained. (#3)

Jhinuk’s unnaturally calm and quiet voice astounded Rishu. He expected some torrential storm and instead his wife was very calm. Was that a sign of lull before storm that was waiting for him at his house? Has she already divulged everything to his Didibhai and Dada? What was the situation of the house? Didibhai must have fainted or have heart-attack. What about Dada, he would have been numb in pain. Do Diya and Deep knows about all what he did? How would he face those innocent foals, he was their model figure. What if his in-laws comes to know about all these?

Rishu’s throat dried up and he gulped his saliva and answered, “Yes I have arrived.”

Jhinuk suppressed her laughter as she heard him gulp. She continued in her ice cold tone, “How was your Mumbai convention, Rishu? Is everything ok?”

Was Jhinuk taunting him as a tigress plays with her pray before the final bite? His voice quivered like a little flame caught in tempest, “I am sorry, please forgive me Jhinuk.”

Jhinuk bit her lips as the sight of the clip came flooding before her eyes. Stealthily she wiped the corner of her eyes and spoke in a jubilant voice, “Did your flight from Mumbai was on time?”

Rishu understood what his intelligent wife meant to say. He nodded and answered, “Yes.”

Jhinuk said, “Mamoni is preparing Moroccan orange cake for me.”

Rishu understood that his wife has not divulged his immoral deed to his Didibhai. He lost his voice as how to express his love to his wife.

Jhinuk fathomed his silence and said, “We all are waiting anxiously for your arrival. Wear a bright face and quickly take a cab and come home.” Then she brought her voice down and chewed her words, “I am waiting to teach you a lesson, honey.”

Rishu felt a fresh breeze in his anxious soul, so his intelligent loving wife managed the situation well and he had to win her back anyhow.

Rishu received a very warm welcome, he observed that Didibhai and Jhinuk were busy in preparing the cake. He was surprised to see everyone smiling. Diya and Jhilik was happy to see Rishu. Both of them taunted him for being busy in his convention. Deep came running and asked for his gift. Rishu apologised and said that the next morning he would buy him whatever he pleases. His depraved heart hankered for a quiet moment with his wife which evaded him everytime he came close to her. The mere sight of Rishu made Jhinuk mad however, she never let her agonising heart to spill on the jubilant ambience of that late hour.

Rishu made a sullen face at Jhinuk and expressed his deep apologise. He stealthily joined hands and asked for forgiveness. She winched her brows and looked at his sullen face and signed him to keep quiet. His heart was crying, he wanted to breakdown on her feet but he had to wait for the opportune moment as he observed everyone in happy mood.

On the dining table, both of them kept the composure never spelt anything about the tempest that was going between two agonising heart.

Niladri asked Rishu, “How your convention did went?”

Rishu felt a lump in his throat and stammered, “Everything went fine, Dada.”

Ambalika asked him, “Next month your interview is coming up. What is your strategy? Are you prepared?”

What answer he would give his Didibhai. He lost the ability of speech and looked at Jhinuk, who was taking her food quietly. Jhinuk answered instead of Rishu, “Mamoni, I think he has made quiet formidable acquaintances with the panel doctors. However, there are other two contenders for the post. It will be a tough competition for Rishu.”

All three children were happy to know that their beloved Rishu would return home. Jhilik was overwhelmed and asked, “Is Juju coming back to Kolkata?”

Rishu nodded his head, “Trying to, but I am sceptical about the outcome.”

Niladri stopped eating and looked at everyone and said, “When everyone is here. I feel to say something.”

Everyone looked at Niladri. Niladri looked at his beloved wife, Ambalika. She spoke after sometime to Rishu and Jhinuk, “Rishu, your Dada is getting old. The firm and his work have taken a heavy toll on his health. We were thinking of selling the firm.” Jhinuk and Rishu looked at eachother. Ambalika continued, “I was thinking to expand my school to maintain the cost of living.”

Both Rishu and Jhinuk was taken aback by their decision. For so many years, his hand fed Rishu and now time has come to repay that. Can he repay what his Didibhai and Dada had given to him? Never, some love can’t be repaid in whole lifetime. Jhinuk understood what was going inside Rishu’s mind.

Jhinuk looked at everyone and said, “I am going to resign from my job and stay back here.”

Everyone was astounded on her decree. Niladri asked her, “Why now? Let Rishu get the appointment then you can decide. What if it takes another year more? Will you then sit at home?”

Jhinuk smiled at her Mamoni and Babu and said, “No, Babu. Now you will take rest and look after your children. I am coming back to look after the school and help Mamoni.”

Ambalika was surprised on hearing that “Means?”

Rishu felt the heat of the fire that was burning inside Jhinuk’s heart. Was her decision due to his actions or he was beholding a total new Jhinuk infront of him, full of love and compassion. His vision was dampened yet he kept quiet. Jhinuk looked at her husband’s dampened vision and signalled him to control his welled up contoured face.

Jhinuk smiled at her Mamoni, “I am tired of my office job, Mamoni. I want to return to your lap.” She pointed to Diya, Jhilik and Deep. “My world lies here amongst you.” She looked at Rishu and said, “It is now his decision what he wants to do.”

Ambalika lost her words as her vision dampened. She wiped the tears of joy and solace that came down from her eyes incessantly. The dinner finished with beaming smile on everyone face. Diya, Deep and Jhilik were very happy that Jhinuk was going to stay back.

After dinner, Jhinuk entered her room and stood silently waiting for Rishu to turn up. Her heartbeat quickened as she saw him entering through the door. He slowly entered the room and bolted the door from inside. She gave him a painful agonising look and her lips trembled. He was dead silent, head stooped down in shame. He knelt down before his wife and looked at her feet. Both of the souls had tears in their eyes, both of them tried to speak but not a single word came out of their lips. Rishu knew that any excuse would sound lame, Jhinuk knew that her love was lamenting in agony. Ages went by without exchanging a single word.

At last, Jhinuk spoke in a quivering voice, “What happened to you?”

Rishu had nothing to say. Jhinuk’s hand approached his hair but she felt not to touch and pulled her hand back again.

She sobbed out, “I am not going back to Delhi. I am going to stay here.”

What would he say? There was nothing left for him to say.

She wiped her tears and said to him, “You need to take a decision, Dr. Ambarish Sanyal.”

What seemed like ages, Rishu looked at his loving wife’s inundated lamenting face with hazy eyes and said, “I am sorry, please forgive me. It was an impulsive deed, Jhinuk.”

She slapped hard across his cheek and whined in agony, “Where was my composed loving husband whom I knew? Where was he when the demon took reins over your dirty mind? I will never forgive you Rishu as what you deed.” She broke down and lost balance. Before she could hit the floor, Rishu held her in his arms and engulfed her in his arms. She flung her arms around him and whined, “I will never forgive you Rishu, never ever touch me.” She cursed him yet not for a second she loosened her arms around her loving husband. Tears of sorrow washed away the pain that was choking them. She repeatedly slapped on his broad chest and sobbed, “I hate you Rishu, I hate you. Ever never do that to me.”

Once Rishu cried when his Didibhai left him at AIIMS, that day he felt very lonely, he felt that he lost everything and then again when he received Jhinuk’s message he had the same feelings.

He pressed his lips on her forehead and sobbed out, “I will not leave you again. I want to live with you, Jhinuk and die with you. Please don’t leave me.”

The dam broke inside Jhinuk’s heart, she took his face between her palms, “I made a promise to myself then how can even think of leaving you?”

Both of them were on the floor, knelt down facing eachother. Rishu wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her near. She held his face between her palms and caressed his cheeks. Both of them looked into each other’s inundated eyes. Rishu gently stooped down to touch Jhinuk’s lips. She closed he eyes and parted her lips to welcome her husband. After ages, the separated birds melted again in each other’s arms.

Jhinuk left her job in Delhi and stayed back in Kolkata. She became the administrator of Ambalika’s Montessori school. With time, she took over reins on the school. On Jhinuk’s request, Niladri sold away his firm and stayed at home doing part-time consultancy. She never let her Babu alone due to his ill health. She convinced her parents that, her share might be a single room in that palatial house however, she was happy with what she had. She had blessings of her Mamoni and Babu, sweet smiles of Diya and Jhilik and naughty Deep. Ambalika was relieved to find her responsible daughter-in-law as the centre of their universe.

Rishu appeared the interview for the post Assistant Professor in SSKM PG Hospital Kolkata. He gave his best shot although he was sceptical about getting the job. Jhinuk gave him the strength, she told him the old Aesop fables story, when two cats fight over a piece of cake then the monkey comes and gets the cake. Debadideb and Sukanto both offered immoral favours that weighed against them. The person to whom they offered the favour gave them higher marks but the rest two gave them below average marks. Whereas Rishu scored, high marks from all three panel interviewers and secured the berth.

After one year, Jhinuk gave birth to a little princess. Ambalika took her chubby little granddaughter in her lap and kissed her forehead. A drop of her tear soaked that golden fairy’s snow-white forehead.

Gently she caressed her head and named her, “My Jhinuk (Oyster Shell) has given birth to a sweet daughter. For me she is Mukto, The Pearl. My time has come to play again with me Pearl.”

Do not lose faith on yourself even if you have a broken heart. At any corner, there is someone waiting for you. People deserve a companion who can make them forget that their heart was ever broken.

***********************   The End   ******************
Like Reply
Quote:Indian Princess

Review: Fervor Regained

I am not really good at writing reviews, and I am in a dilemma where to begin as I am totally mesmerized by this wonderful piece. Pinu da is a senior writer, and there is so much maturity in his writing. FJB told me that pinu da's stories are really good, if I could be patient enough to feel the slow sensual flow of it. Really, this story is so different from the ones I usually read, and I just loved how it feels.

I have a personal liking for stories of darker shades. But this story beautifully weaves every shade, every emotion of life, be it joy, sorrow, anger, jealousy, love, pain, sacrifice, betrayal...I can say there isn't one human emotion left untouched. Such realistic portrayal of events, amazing characterization...everything smooth and controlled, no where will you find undue exaggeration or overt dramatization.

All the characters were perfect, and they fit just right in their places. We have a loving Ambalika who makes a great sacrifice for her brother, and even later tries to see to it that everyone is happy, presenting an example of unparalleled love.

The character I could connect the most with was Rishu. I don't know why they say opposites attract, I have always been attracted towards people who are like me. There was something about Rishu that makes me feel connected with him, perhaps it was his calm nature, his honesty, his dedication towards his profession, his sense of responsibility and yes, the much unforgettable impulsive and sadistic trait which surfaces towards the end that had an immense impact over me. I believe every human being has an angel and a devil within them and the balance between the two is very delicate. It is only love that has the power to weigh more on the positive side. When love vanishes, the balance trips and the devil appears.

Jhinuk was fine but I couldn't really connect with her. Not that she was a bad wife, but may be just because I am of a totally opposite nature. She does a wonderful job of being by Rishu's side all the time, even when that storm hits her on her birthday. She shows immense maturity by keeping the disturbing issue to herself. Jhinuk's love kept the balance I was just talking about. Had she not been so wise and understanding, the loving Rishu would have been lost forever.

The chemistry between Rishu and Jhinuk is remarkable, something I have never read before. Since they get married under such stressful conditions, there is so much tension between. It is a bliss to watch the ice melt, and how Jhinuk slowly starts craving for his touch and physical and emotional proximity....how a calm natured Rishu tries to be protective about his energetic vibrant wife, and how she respects him every time he objects to something.

The story totally does justice to its theme. Now when I sit back and think about the time I was following this story update by update...how beautifully it evolves from the premarital heartbreak to a wonderful marital bonding. It shows how insignificant the sorrows of the past can be if you have a loving partner who will be there with you through the sunshine and then rain.

Great job pinu da! Thanks for this wonderful story! If I find time, I will read your other stories and review them as well.
Like Reply
Super bro
Like Reply
Like this only some more stories can you suggest .....please...
Like Reply
Or can you upload.....please like this story ...
Like Reply