Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"I'd rather see you like this than never see you at all. And with not talking to you for a week now, well I've missed you Dani." He repeated his actions from the first leg on the second pulling them up above her knees and she was able to finish the job.

"I missed you too, but I just couldn't hear your voice. It was too much. And ...and..." Vince handed her a t-shirt Nick had pulled. No bra was in the pile, which he figured was to be expected, and the black t-shirt was some way of Nick at least keeping her modest. It played off her eyes nicely when she pulled it down.

"I know. It's okay beautiful. I'm here now." He almost handed her the socks, but decided it was safer to just go back to his knee and help her.

"I need you Vince, but I wish I didn't. Vince everybody I care about dies, even you guys shouldn't be here." It clicked in his head then. It was the story of his life. Dani was his double, the other half of him in so many ways.

"We've almost died a few times, so no worries. Besides, I told you before whatever you need I'm here for you. Even if it can't be like I really want."

"I never asked you to be this good to me Vince. I always told you that I couldn't be with you like that."

"I know, and that's my burden, not yours. Ugh, enough serious talk, let's get you food." Vince helped her out to the kitchen where Nick was putting away a bucket. He carefully tucked his gloves and a sponge into the trash can closing the lid down. He used them to clean the bloody footprints off the floor and didn't want Dani to see the crimson stains.

"Hey, so what have you got to eat, because I for one am starving." He went to the fridge and took a look. Luckily, there was enough for them to cobble together a dinner.

An hour later and they were all pleasantly full and Nick curled up on the couch while Vince forced Dani to go to the guest bedroom.

"So, we'll go in the morning together?" Dani asked him with a heavy look in her eyes.

"Yea, now you just get some sleep so you're well rested okay." Vince smiled at her as he sat on the edge of the bed. Dani's eyes had deep purple circles beneath them and he watched as they started to close softly. Vince leaned down and placed a soft kiss to her temple before he stood up to head out and crash on the other couch.

"Vince?"

"Yea?" Her weak voice stopped him.

"Will you stay with me?" He sighed as he looked at her. There was no way he could say no to anything she needed, including this.

"Sure." Vince pulled off his jeans and socks before turning off the bedside lamp. He slid into the bed slowly next to her pulling her frame against his chest so he could wrap his arms around her. His nose filled with that soft smell of her shampoo and it relaxed him instantly. Having this woman in his arms brought him peace and Vince drifted off easily as he laid there listening to her soft breathing.

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
Dark Division - Dani Ch. 07

The next morning found the three of them in the GTO parked 200 yards from the barn where Dani knew the vampires were hanging out. They were just past a small tree line and hidden from view. It was a simple plan really. Nick and Vince would go in and take out the entire nest of bloodsuckers while Dani waited at the car. She was only supposed to head in if she heard Vince whistle or if it took longer than 30 minutes. It was only about 10 vamps, so it was nothing for Nick and Vince in the daylight, when they would all be weakened and probably sleeping.

"Alright, so you stay here no matter what. And, we'll take care of this. Please Dani, don't come in there unless you have to." Vince looked at her as he and Nick readied themselves at the trunk. They had duffle bags full of weapons to choose from, which they loaded and carefully hid in various places in case they needed them in a pinch.

"I know. I'll give you 30 minutes and then I'll come, but I hope you'll be done before then." Her eyes were still red-rimmed as she looked at the two men. She was definitely in no shape for a fight.

"We'll end this and we'll bring him out Dani." Vince stopped what he was doing and walked over holding her face in his hands and catching her eyes.

"Please finish him fast Vince so it doesn't hurt." She teared up as she spoke and Nick continued to get ready as Vince took her in his arms. Her hands wrapped around his back, holding on and he felt the need in her to have this over. He only hoped he could do as she asked, but wouldn't make a promise he wasn't sure he could keep, not to her.

"Just wait here, Nick and I have this." With that he turned back and slid the last two blades into the top of his boots.

"We'll take care of it Dani, don't worry." Nick smiled at her before he and Vince headed through the trees toward the barn.

They looked back when they reached the outer door and Vince could tell that Dani was fairly well hidden behind the tree cover. He nodded at Nick's signal and the taller man slid the door open enough for Vince to get inside. The barn was dark, so both men turned on their small red lights and split up making their way to either side. Just past the entryway, they started to see cots lined up on either side with sleeping figures perched atop.

Just like their field work in New Orleans, the two men fell into an easy rhythm of slicing throats before stabbing into the hearts of each creature. They would normally have checked each, but the risk was too high and with a concentration like this it would alert them for sure. After finishing off the main room, Nick flashed his light three times, signaling he was ready to move to the back area, now hidden by hay bales. After killing four to match the four Nick had, Vince knew there had to be more somewhere in there.

"Dani." A voice called out through the barn and it startled them both. It was Stan's voice. Vince pulled Nick to the side against the hay bales before they entered the next section.

"I think I should go back and take care of him if we missed him, can you handle the rest of the barn?" Vince whispered it out to his partner.

"I don't know. There could be two or three more, but there could be ten Vince."

"Dani." Stan's call was a little louder now, and it had Vince on high alert.

"Shit. I don't want her to come over here."

"Listen, she probably won't even hear him calling. Let's just finish this. It's the back and the hayloft and if we don't find him we'll double back together."

"If she hears him though..."

"Vince, get your head in the game. Before she hears him, every other creature in here is going to hear him. We have to finish this before any of them escape." Nick gave him a look that was clear in its intention and Vince couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"Dani." The voice grew even louder and Vince cursed under his breath as he nodded at Nick and they moved forward. The back of the barn turned out to be empty, and left them with just the hay loft. Vince ascended the rickety ladder first, with his gun trained at the opening. Nick didn't chance going up at the same time for fear the ladder wouldn't hold his weight.

No sooner had Vince reached the top then he was whisked away violently. Nick rushed up and was soon involved in the tussle. Four vampires had made their home in the hay loft and Vince and Nick were entwined with them as the men tried to finish this off.

Everything was a blur of fangs and blood as Vince tried to hold one creature at bay with a knife while he shot at another to no avail. In a burst of strength, he shoved the one gnashing his teeth at his arm with one heavy kick. Then, he turned slamming home his knife into the other creature's chest and twisting mercilessly until it collapsed on the floor.
Like Reply
He felt a crushing weight as he was slammed down on the wooden planks of the hay loft. Vince's face was sprayed with foul smelling spit as the monster pushed harder and harder against his arm trying to get in a bite. His legs were useless as it crouched atop him. With a loud crack, he could suddenly breathe again and saw Nick with his sawed off shot gun standing over the monster before plunging a large knife into its chest and with a twist. Thankfully, that last kill left them alone.

"Thanks man. Those fuckers get stronger the older I get." He smiled as he stood taking stock of his cuts and scbangs to make sure nothing was serious. Nick had a gash on his cheek, but otherwise just looked winded.

"None of those were Stan." Nick looked at him evenly and both men scrambled to search the loft hoping to find Stan and end this mess.

"Stan? Stan, why did you do it? I could have taken care of you. I would have." They heard Dani's teary voice and realized it was down below them causing both men to freeze before dashing towards the ladder.

"He must have been hiding somewhere. Be careful Vince we don't know if any others are still out there." Nick gave him a cautioned warning as Vince started down the ladder.

"STOP! STOP! PLEASE STAN STOP!!" Dani screeched at the top of her lungs before they heard the sounds of a struggle.

A gun cracked off at the other end of the barn, and Nick jumped the last few steps joining Vince in the back of the barn behind the hay bales. They exchanged a look and both ran out, guns at the ready.

Vince reached Dani first, and could only stand back a few steps as he took in what he was seeing. Dani was screaming and straddling Stan's body as she plunged her knife into his chest over and over. All signs of life and movement had left the fair haired man as he lay there. But, she still screamed and cried as she raised the blade again and again. He wasn't sure whether he was supposed to let her have her closure like this or stop her. He merely stood frozen in place as he watched blood fly through the air.

"Dani. Hey Dani. Stop, he's gone." Nick spoke first as he approached and put his gun back in its holster. His hands were raised as he approached.

"NOOOOOOO!!" She let out a blood-curdling scream and stared at him wide-eyed, her knife still raised. The shock was clear on Dani's face. There was something in the way she needed him that made Vince finally move.

"Dani. Dani, it's okay. Look at me." Vince said the words and she blinked out a few tears from her eyes staring at him. Her face was covered in blood, only washed away by the tracks of tear lines.

"Vince?" Dani's voice was soft and reminded him of a little girl somehow as she spoke. "OH GOD STAN!! STAN!!" She screamed again, and Vince swooped in, grabbing her by the waist before she could lose it even more. He pulled her backwards and out of the barn, taking her into the sunshine where she was at least relatively safe until they could sweep the barn. More importantly, she couldn't see Stan anymore.

"Calm down Dani, breathe for me." He pulled the knife from her hand as they both sank back to the ground. Dani let it go and then fully broke down, screaming and crying as Vince managed to pull her into his arms. She sobbed into him, and he just held her.
Like Reply
Nick walked out of the barn a few minutes later and mouthed silently to Vince that he cleared the place. That was it, they were done, and yet he couldn't move. The heartbreak that Dani felt made his own heart tear in two. The last thing he ever wanted was to see her in pain, and now here she was at her worst.

"I think we should call Oz for clean-up." Nick finally spoke up, and Vince nodded. Dani pulled back suddenly from him.

"Wait, no, no, Stan... You have to put Stan in the back with me and then if he comes back..."

"Dani...come on sweetheart. Just let me hold you while Nick takes care of him." Nick nodded at Vince's words and made his way back to the barn door dialing his phone. They were already in sync on what had to be done next and how it should be handled.

When the black vans pulled up to the property thirty minutes later, Vince had corralled Dani into their backseat and was still holding her. Nick waved at the incoming guys and jogged over saying a few words before jogging back. He climbed into the driver's seat of the GTO and took them back to Dani's house without another word.

From there, it was relative silence as Vince led her into the bathroom and helped Dani strip down and get in the shower. His first priority was getting what was left of Stan off of her, and then he would worry about what came next. Once she was inside the shower and safely out of ear shot, Vince slid out finding Nick in the kitchen.

"So, what did you tell Oz?" Nick sat with a cup of coffee at the table, looking as numb as Vince felt.

"I told him exactly what you would have. I explained that Dani was breaking down because they killed a nice woman she met here and Paul called us because she thought it was a huge nest. So, we went with her and Stan was killed in the fight."

"So, he'll get a proper agent funeral and..."

"And go down in the books as a hero, like he should. And, Dani will have to take her mandatory two months off before she gets evaluated for returning to the field with a possible new partner."

"Jesus, Nick. I've lost some guys in my day, even ones I was friends with, but the way she was with Stan. That was her brother."

"I know. I saw her and I couldn't help but think what if that happened to you man. I would flip out just the same. Fuck, I wouldn't have had the sense to put the barriers up like she did."

"Yea, she's a tough bitch at the end of the day. I just don't know what to say to her."

"Not much at first. I think you have to let Dani decompress however she does it. But, if she's anything like you...well I'm not sure she should be alone."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that she hadn't eaten anything in days, or slept, or showered when we got here. So, her benders to get over shit sound like yours and if it gets worse...well."

"Fuck. I hate it when you're right. So, what do we do? Will Oz let us stay here?"

"No, but I think if we needed to go through the details with her of what happened, maybe for training purposes. Then, I think you can make a case to him for her staying at the bunker with us for a bit."

"Are you okay with that?"

"Would you be able to leave her here if I wasn't?"

"Nick, don't make it about that."

"I don't have to. I saw the way you were with her and Vince you can't leave someone you love hurting. So, I figure we either bring her, or I have to explain to Oz why you've gone missing for the next month." He smiled as he looked up at his friend.

"I'm going to check on Dani. Maybe I'll talk her into a little car trip." He smiled back, exchanging more words without saying anything as he headed into the downstairs bathroom.

Nick finished his coffee and headed upstairs, intending to clean himself up a little in the master bathroom before they headed out of town. It took Vince all of an hour to have Dani convinced and packing her own bag to come with them. She seemed hollow, just waiting for a suggestion, and he was happy he could at least give her that.
Like Reply
After his conversation with Oz, Nick already knew that a team would be there next cleaning the place out and selling it. Now that monsters knew it was Dani's there was no way it would stay in her name. The barn clean-up bought them a few hours, but still they had to get out of there. There were protocols and she had broken a few by using the house. Her stuff would be put into storage in Oz's name or maybe even at his place, but the house would fall off the map as another casualty of underground CIA activities. Of course, he could tell her that later but Vince knew.

While Dani packed, Nick and Vince cleaned up a little around the place, removing anything that might raise flags. Once done, they were off to the bunker. The ride was silent as Dani slept in the back. Vince had provided her with a healthy dose of sedatives, without much of an explanation. He figured she wouldn't sleep otherwise, and she nodded blankly at his suggestion. Vince himself was lost in thought as the car barreled down the road. He kept going over in his mind what might have happened and how he would have taken hearing that Dani was gone. He couldn't stomach the thought of a world without her, and it killed him.

The first day at the bunker was just watching as Dani drank herself into oblivion. Neither Nick nor Vince cared to stop her, instead just hoping that maybe giving it a few days would allow the pain to subside. When she came out of her room the next day, it was only to get a quick shower and then it was back to another one of their bottles. Hours later, she sat aimlessly in the kitchen with them for dinner, but hardly made eye contact.

"You doing okay Dani?" Nick was the one that broke the awkward silence first while they ate.

"Pe...peachy...just need to get some food in there before I go crash out with whatever the hell this bottle is." She smiled at him, clearly already far past drunk and pointed at the bottle next to her.

"Okay...well, you know you can talk to us right? I mean we've all lost someone." Nick put his hand on hers and saw her eyes water a little as she looked back.

"I don't need to fucking talk, just drink right now." With those heavily slurred words, Dani stood up from the table and took the bottle heading down the hall to her room.

"That went well." Vince didn't even look up to his partner as he said the words.

"Hey, at least I'm trying. I mean you guys are close right, why the hell didn't you say something?" Nick got defensive right away. He was pissed that his partner was standing idly by while Dani hit her rock bottom.

"Because I know her. She's like me, remember? Let her drink away the worst of it man, and then she'll be able to deal. It's too much right now. You saw her at the vamp nest and afterwards, she's numb and trying to stay that way for a little bit more. It's what I would do." Vince looked up at him, and Nick was silenced instantly. He saw a sorrow in Vince's face that he hadn't seen before. It wasn't the fact that he knew Stan, they both did. This was more, this was that Dani was hurting and Vince could feel her pain as if it was his own.

The next two days went by much the same, with them only seeing Dani for food, when she showered, and when she needed a new bottle to hit. Otherwise, she was in the room they gave her. Neither of them invaded her privacy, hoping that she would recover on her own.

Finally, on the fifth day, a new Dani seemed to emerge. Nick welcomed it as a change, but Vince saw it for what it really was. Now, the booze wasn't helping enough anymore, so Dani was looking for something new to numb out the pain. That's why he stayed quiet when she rounded the corner dressed up for the bar.

Dani was a stunner with no makeup on her face in filthy, blood covered clothes. Now, she had on black jeans that hugged every curve and a bright green tank top that clung to her. Her hair was down in waves over her shoulders and her face was adorned with red lipstick and deep black eye liner and mascara. The heels on her feet completed the look, and it was perfect. Even Nick took notice as Dani stood at the kitchen counter, downing another drink as she waited for her cab. They had both just finished eating and were chatting when she came in.

"Going somewhere?" Nick asked her and Vince smirked to himself.

"Yep, hitting the local bar. Why? Do you wanna come with?" She smiled lazily through her already well-started alcohol fog.

"Not tonight, we have a lot going on tomorrow, but uh maybe tomorrow night. It's Friday after all." Nick answered, trying to be encouraging.

"Your loss."

With those words, she walked slowly down the hall to the front door and it was the last they saw of her for hours. It was actually Vince who knew when she was officially home first. He was awoken by the sound of the door to the bunker slamming shut. Vince tried to roll over and go back to sleep, but then the noises started. He heard the giggles and moans come down the hallway that stopped almost directly across from his door.

It was all he could do to stay in bed, and even that was only possible as he held onto his cock taking the pressure off himself from knowing that Dani was on the other side of his door with some woman she had picked up.

"Dude, really? Dani come on, at least take it in your room." Nick's voice came through his door as Vince lay there trying to take in anything he could.

"Come on baby...let me show you what pleasure is." Dani's low, sexy voice came through and Vince gave himself a few strokes, just picturing her beckoning some chick to follow her. It would only take Dani a few minutes before she was buried in pussy and had the girl moaning above her. The thought of Dani naked looking up between her legs with those eyes had him nearing his release.

"OH FUCK DANI!!" Sure enough, a few minutes later, the high pitched scream echoed through the halls and straight through his balls. Vince's teeth ground together as he came, eyes tightly shut picturing the woman down the hall with those incredible eyes.

Vince got up to clean himself up, and stopped to look in the mirror. Was this really him? Was he really pining after a woman he claimed to be his friend? It was killing him to see her in pain, but this was another form of torture.

Like Reply
The next day it was lunch time before Dani finally came out of her room. She wandered out dressed in a small pair of shorts and the green shirt from the night before with no bra underneath. Her hair was pulled into a loose bun and make-up was streaked on her face. She grabbed a beer from their fridge and made her way to the table, sitting down heavily.

"Uh good morning, or rather afternoon." Nick spoke up first, with a snarky look across his face.

"Yea...is there food?" She looked hung over beyond belief as Nick scooted the pizza box her way. "Thanks."

"So, I know Nick said we might come out with you tonight, but it turns out we have to make a quick run and pick something up. Are you going to be okay here alone?" Vince made eye contact with her and saw a sadness there that he wanted so badly to take away.

"I'm going out again once I get rid of this hang over." She responded in a thick voice and looked down from his gaze.

"Maybe you should take a night off Dani." Nick had genuine concern filling his face as he watched Dani munch on a slice of pizza.

"Maybe I'll take tomorrow off." She didn't even make eye contact with him as he spoke.

"Well, we might not be back until late, so no worries on the noise tonight." Vince tipped his glass to her, of course his held water, much to his own dismay.

"Oh yeah, sorry about last night. Um...Frankie or no it was Frannie was a little impatient." Dani didn't even smile a devilish grin as she said it and Vince's heart fell. He knew this binge for sure and soon enough the women would lose their excitement and she would be left alone again just like before.
Like Reply
"It's uh no big deal, just try to maybe keep it out of the bedroom hallway. The doors are pretty thin." Nick smiled at her as the tension from the night before left him.

Shortly after lunch, the two men headed out. They were meeting a team half-way to the bunker to retrieve some artifact that had magical powers. Vince didn't really know or care. All he cared about was what Dani would be doing. He knew some girl in a bar nearby was about to enjoy what he desperately wanted, and that girl had no idea how lucky she was. It was enough to drive him insane. Nick could see the tension in him, but kept his mouth shut. Vince knew this feeling was only going to get worse the longer Dani stayed. That was his predicament; he didn't want her to leave, but it was killing him to have her there with them. Vince took a deep breath and turned up the music, trying to ease the tension in their ride.

After a few hours, the guys exchanged some pleasantries with two other agents. Vince barely even registered their names though; it was like the world was in a fog around him. And once they were back in the car, it didn't get any better. Then, it was just a question of how soon they would be home. Would he find her there? Should he be worried if she wasn't? None of the questions in his mind had answers.

"So, I was thinking we could stop for food, maybe give Dani a few more hours." Nick broke the silence in the car half way through their drive home. They still had a solid three hours, but for Vince it could have been three years.

"Yea, sure man. Whatever you want to eat is fine by me." The comment landed him at some burger joint off the side of the highway with his partner. He knew what Nick was doing in trying to distract him, and he supposed it was for the best.

Inside the small, dimly lit restaurant, the two men ordered and waited on their meals, with Vince still barely made eye contact and certainly didn't say anything to his partner. It wasn't until the burgers came out and Vince started to lather his in ketchup that Nick finally broke.

"Alright, dude, I can't take it anymore. Talk to me about her or talk about something, but you're killing me with the silence." Nick sighed and took the ketchup bottle from Vince.

"What do you mean? We never talk much."

"There's a big difference between not much and the Iron Curtain, which is what's going on now. I mean you barely even said hello to the agents back there."

"Sorry, I'm just thinking."

"Yea, I know, about Dani. I don't see why you don't go and talk to her. What's the worst that'll happen; she gets pissed and fucks some new girl? She's already angling to do that."

"Don't talk about her like that man."

"Come on, you know I'm not insulting her. I'm just wondering why you don't go in there and have a heart to heart with her."

"Because I can't."

"Why not? You've been through a lot with Dani and she always responds to you."

"I know and that's why, because her getting pissed isn't the worst that'll happen." He finally let go as he stared into caring eyes and felt his connection to Nick. That brotherhood had kept him alive more than once and now he wasn't reaching out when he needed him.

"So, what's the worst Vince? Tell me man, level with me."

"The worst is I go in there to talk and something happens between us that means something to me, and then I can't be there to talk to her anymore. I don't want to chase her off, leave her with no one." He put down his burger and looked to Nick for answers.

"That's not going to happen man. There's a reason she looks to you for help, and there's a reason that she let you take her virginity. She trusts you, and no matter what happens she already knows what it means to you. So, just be there for her and don't let her run away."

"It's not that easy. She has confirmed so many times that she is not interested in something with a man."

"And yet, she has been with you twice now. All I'm saying is don't make it complicated just be there."

"I will, but just let her get it out of her system. A few more days and I swear I'll go talk to her." Vince gave in, not able to resist the implication of the words coming out of Nick's mouth. Maybe he was right, maybe it wasn't about what Dani said as much as what she did. In any event, it bought him a few days.

Like Reply
"We're back, are you here Dani?" Nick called out through the bunker as the guys made their way inside after their return. No response came, so they headed downstairs plopping a bag of takeout on the counter for Dani when she got back.

"Alright, well I for one need a shower and then I'm crashing man." Vince smiled a little before turning the corner of the kitchen to head into the main area towards his room. "Oh shit."

"What's up, everything alright Vince?" Nick jogged around the table coming out of the door to see what caused the outburst. And, then he saw it. There were red waves flowing towards the ground and a beautiful upside down face. Nick followed the figure up onto the conference table to a set of heaving breasts, naked and on display.

"Uh..Dani's home." Vince spoke the words as he stood transfixed, but he wasn't captured by the redhead, who he would admit was gorgeous. He was caught up in the dark haired figure that was currently occupied between her legs.

Nick cleared his throat next to Vince, and Dani finally lifted her head up. Her mouth was shiny with the redhead's juices as she smiled at them. Her own chest was bare and only one of her hands visible.

"Hey guys. Sorry, I wasn't expecting you back yet." The words came out dreamy and slurred.

"Oh, oh shit." The redhead opened her eyes and looked shocked.

"It's okay baby. They're just watching a little." Dani soothed her hand over the girl's stomach as Vince watched her other hand flex.

"No. we'll uh...we're just heading to a shower then bed. By all means carry on." Nick tried not to look as he walked away.

Vince didn't move from his spot, too caught in his vision come to life to engage his feet. Dani leaned down taking a lick along the redhead's pussy, keeping her eyes on him and Vince felt his body respond. Her eyes were mesmerizing even now as she taunted him wantonly.

"Vince...come on." Nick pulled on the arm of his jacket and Vince looked up, cursing his partner silently as he followed him.

Nick could only shake his head as Vince trailed into his room before quickly coming back out with his robe on and heading down the hall with Nick to the showers. The two men walked while listening to the redhead's enthusiastic encouragement down the hall. It was enough to make any man burst.

"Does she really thinking playing Zeppelin that low will drown out that girl?" Nick raised an eyebrow giving a side glance to Vince.

"Fuck, I didn't even realize Zeppelin was playing. I wish you hadn't pulled me away though." Vince shook his head. He hadn't heard the familiar folky rock at all now that he thought about it.

"And what, leave you standing there to jerk off to a live show? I'm sure that wouldn't have been weird once Dani pulls herself out of this funk."

"It might have been worth it. I mean you saw her."

"She does have a great rack, but it was sort of overshadowed by how much I'm gonna have to clean that table tomorrow." Nick was trying to make light of the situation, but Vince knew it was an act to keep him from freaking out too much.

"Fuck, Nick that woman is going to kill me, you know that."

"Dude, just shower and take care of yourself. You only have what eight more days before you talk to her. How much worse can it get?"

"You might talk me into talking to her sooner, either that or getting a camera so I can keep the footage forever."

"Is this the part where I tell you we have security cameras?" Vince looked at Nick unbelieving. "I'm kidding they're only triggered if the panic signal is sent or if Oz does it remotely."

"So you're saying the old man is getting a show and I can't stay?"

"Dude, get in the shower."

The night calmed down by the time they were out of the shower, leaving Vince to sleep and wonder.

Like Reply
"Hi...excuse me.." The redhead from the night before peaked around the corner of the kitchen as Nick and Vince sat enjoying coffee and discussing the morning's briefings from Oz.

"Yea?" Nick looked up wide-eyed and Vince turned to see what he was staring at. He almost spit out his coffee as he saw the frazzled looking woman clutching her purse and a pair of torn panties.

"I was just wondering... my Uber app won't work in here, so I was just hoping you guys could give me the address." She sounded so mousy compared to the screams from the night before.

"Uh...here. I'll put in the place next door and you can meet them outside. This place...well it's got a weird address." Vince smiled and took her phone as Nick tried not to smirk too obviously. Truth was, this place had no address. In fact, it pretty much didn't exist. Dani had apparently forgotten to let the gorgeous girl in on that before their nightly excursions.

"Thanks. I'm so late, my boyfriend's going to be pissed." She smiled a little and looked down at her phone before dashing towards the front door.

"Boyfriend?" Nick asked the question and both guys started to laugh. Dani was nothing if not a winner with the ladies. It was pretty impressive actually, rivaling Vince's own skill.

"Man, at least I always called them a cab." Vince couldn't help the joke and laughing with his partner again was nice.

Of course, after the next five days of seeing a new woman every morning at breakfast, even Vince's since of humor about things was dying out. He had caught Dani on more than one night in exactly the same position, and he and Nick had started to trade off who cleaned the conference table. It would be worth talking to Dani except every time she came out of her room she was heading to the bar or so quiet they barely noticed her. It was maddening really, and Vince had even gotten past jerking off to the sounds of Dani's conquests. At this point, he was just desperate to see her face. She had all but disappeared, although they knew from the empty plates and bottles left around that she was still eating and definitely drinking.

"Is it close enough to two weeks Vince? I mean I haven't seen Dani sober once, and I barely see her at all now. Not to mention all the wrecked girls that I've seen doing the walk of shame out of here. She's not doing well." Nick looked at his partner as they sat in the library that evening after watching Dani in another gorgeous outfit heading out to the bar. She barely even acknowledged them at all at this point.

"What do you expect? They were like us, family, and he died in front of her. She's just still getting it out of her system." Vince was trying to hold out for the full two weeks, but more he was avoiding the inevitable of talking to her.

"I don't know. I guess I figure you are basically just like her, so before she hits the bottom you know she's heading for, maybe you can talk to her. She needs to find a way to get level so she can get back in the field before drinking herself to death."

"Alright, I'll try to talk to her later."

Like Reply
Dark Division - Dani Ch. 08

That night, Vince waited patiently, listening for Dani's return. It was accompanied by a soft giggle and he only hoped she was heading to her own room tonight. Sure enough, the door closed across the hall and this time instead of listening to all the excitement he headed out to the kitchen. He figured he would need a beer or two to go to bed, and he didn't want to hear the festivities. Instead, he hoped that Dani would come out after or he would sleep soundly and talk to her the next morning.

To his surprise, he didn't have to wait long. A cute Asian woman came rushing down the hall shortly. She was flushed and barely looked up as she started to ask for help.

"Uh, yeah, give me your phone. I'll put the address next door in." He did it easily and wondered why this was different. On the upside, he figured Dani hadn't followed her so there wasn't going to be an altercation. More importantly, this one was leaving early, so Nick wouldn't have anything to complain about in the morning. The woman was on her way shortly and he was left to chug the last of his beer before heading down the hallway.

A quick knock on Dani's door and all hope that she had passed out was gone.

"Did you come back baby?" The familiar sexy voice met him through the thin wood panel.

"Nope, it's just me. Can I come in Dani?"

"Sure." At her assent, Vince opened the door and headed inside. The room had a distinct alcohol smell and he saw Dani on top of the covers with her favorite album blaring. Black Dog had just started up, so he figured it wasn't the first time she had listened to this tonight. She looked almost blissful as he closed the door and took a few steps inside. He swallowed thickly at noting that she was only wearing a t-shirt and panties.

"So, I take it that cute little Asian chick left for the night?"

"Yep. Got her fill and now I'm here alone again with J.D., my old friend." Vince walked over to her laying on her bed as she sat with a glass next to her on the nightstand.

"How are you holding up sweetheart? You've been uh hitting all the vices a little hard lately." He put a hand on her leg.

"I'm shit Vince, Stan's gone and it's my fault for not being smart enough."

"It's not your fault, he knew the risks. Agents don't die of old age; you know that. You can't drown yourself in a bottle, though, that won't bring him back." Vince put a hand on the side of her face rolling to his side to face her better. She looked so sad and fragile.

"Fuck. I know, but I just don't want to feel it Vince. I hate sleeping alone now. The liquor makes it better. And the women usually at least stay the night, except for this one going home to her husband after she feels guilty." She was a little slurred, but Vince could tell she wasn't drunk enough to pass out, not even close. Unfortunately, he knew that was the plan now that her latest fling left.

"You sound a little too much like me you know that? Dani you have to feel it, then it gets better, but that doesn't mean you have to be alone in it. Nick and I are here for you and whatever you need."

"I need to not be alone tonight Vince, is your offer still good from before?"

"What offer?" He wasn't sure what she was asking. When her hand went to his dick only clothed by his pajama pants; though, her intentions became abundantly clear.

"You know that if I ever wanted to experiment you'd let me?" She fished her hand around and under the top of his pants grasping his half-hard cock and stroking it.

"Uh...yea, but Dani this isn't what you need right now. You need a friend. Oh fuck...you have to stop that." She had started a steady rhythm making him hard already as her mouth went to his neck kissing and licking her way around.

"I need you Vince. I need you to make me forget tonight." She whispered as she rolled herself onto her side. Vince sighed as she continued, loving how it felt to have her mouth on him. She pushed him backward and his brain screamed at him to tell her to stop, but his body didn't listen as she slid herself down and moved his pants down his thighs.

"You shouldn't Dani...fuck no...oh fuck." He half-heartedly spoke, but then stopped as he felt her planting wet kisses along his shaft. His breath was already ragged. He hated how things were left before after he took her virginity and now she was fulfilling another of his many fantasies.

Her hands shifted, working at removing his pants as he leaned up to pull his shirt over his head. The whole time her mouth sucking on the side of his cock before she did the unthinkable and shifted taking his head between her lips and flicking it with her tongue.

"You feel good on my lips Vince." She released him from her mouth only long enough to say it before returning. Her words were like honey to him making him groan out as she moved further pulling his cock between her lips and into her mouth. For someone who had no experience, she was doing a damn good job. She soon allowed her tongue to join flicking along the underside of his cock as she sucked on him.
Like Reply
"Mmmm Dani. Are you sure this is...fuck...what you want?" She muffled an acknowledgment and then continued on him making him suck his breath in as she pushed herself further down. He would never in a million years have thought she was going to deep throat him. "Jesus...have you ever done this before?"

She pulled off of him and sucked in a deep breath. "No, why am I fucking this up?"

"No, it's really good. Like, fuck, really good." He panted looking at her eyes and seeing her sadness. His mind screamed at him to make her stop but when she had almost his entire cock in her mouth again, he couldn't do it.

She kept going, now bobbing on him even as her tongue moved and the world started to close in to just the two of them. He felt his balls tighten and knew he had to stop this or he was going to explode. He definitely didn't want to make the same mistake as last time.

"Stop Dani...stop." She pulled off of him kissing up his chest and coming back to his neck. Her face still didn't meet his.

"What's wrong?" She whispered out the words in the softest voice he had ever heard from her.

"Nothing, I just don't want this to end before we've gotten started like last time." He panted and let his hands move down sliding her panties over her hips. She lifted up allowing him to slide them down further and then pulled her knees up facilitating the rest of the removal.

He leaned in to kiss her and she dodged it going for the side of his neck once more. He didn't want this to end by saying something, so he just kissed her neck and then slid her shirt up so he could attack those perfect breasts. She moaned and shifted pulling her own top off over her head. He continued down her stomach heading for her pussy.

"Wait, Vince, I don't need you to, I'm ready." She had her hands on either side of his face.

"I know, I want to. I love how you taste."

"Not tonight, just fuck me please." She sounded desperate and he shifted himself back up staring into her face. His hand roamed down to her pussy. He may not go down on her, but he sure as hell would make sure she was ready on his own. There was no way he was going to hurt Dani. He was pleasantly surprised to find her slick with excitement. It might be from him or the girl before, but either way she was more than ready.

He leaned back going for her nightstand thinking he would find a condom inside. When he reached in, all he found was a dildo or two and some lube. It dawned on him then that she didn't have condoms here because she wouldn't need any.

"Shit, Dani, let me go back to my room and grab a condom."

She gripped onto him at the words.

"No, fuck it, just pull out." She pushed him completely on his back and straddled his stomach.

"Come on, slow down. I'll just take a second."

"Shut up Vince, just shut up and make him go away." With those words, she grabbed him and slid herself down encasing him in her heat and making his mind blank. He remembered she felt good with a condom, but this was a thousand times better. His eyes squeezed closed as he tried to think of anything but what he was feeling. He found it easier to calm down now especially with her on top. A few seconds later and he realized she wasn't moving. His eyes opened to look at her as he spoke.

"Baby, it's okay, you can move...Dani?" He looked up and she had tears streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...fuck...he's fucking gone Vince." She sobbed. He groaned grabbing her hips in his hands and pulling her up and off of him. He sat up taking her in his arms and then laid back down holding her against his chest.

"Shhh...it's okay, let it out. I got you." He lay there holding her as her legs straightened out and she sobbed against his chest. It wasn't how he thought things were going, but he was happy to be there. Vince loved this woman. As much as he didn't want to admit it, and this was as close as they had ever been.

"I'm sorry Vince." Her voice was weak when it returned.

"No big deal, let's just turn off this lamp and get a blanket over us. I'll stay and sleep with you." He shifted her body so she was next to him instead of on top and rolled a little turning off the lamp. He held her in his arms and soon he heard her soft breathing signaling that she had finally passed out. He left the CD to play on a loop as he dozed to sleep, comforted somehow by what he thought of as the soundtrack of Dani.

Like Reply
"Hey Vince are you in there?" Nick's voice came through the door the next morning waking them both up.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I've got a situation coming in soon, and we need to prep some stuff. I'll make breakfast for us."

"Okay. Give us a few minutes."

"Sure thing." Nick's voice trailed off as he walked away.

Vince looked over as Dani's eyes opened up. They were puffy and red from crying as she just stared at him.

"How are you feeling?"

"Other than too sober and shitty, like a royal asshole." Dani backed up moving to her side and pulling her arm from him.

"A shower and breakfast will help with the first two, not sure on the last one." He smiled at her.

"I'm sorry I did that to you Vince it wasn't fair. I know how you feel about me, and it wasn't right to use you like that." She sat up pulling the blanket to cover her showing a modesty that just wasn't like her.

"Hey, it's not like I didn't have fun. Besides, Dani it doesn't matter what you need me for, I'm here. Do I want more than friends? Absolutely, but if that's all we are then I'll take it. I care about you and it doesn't matter if you need a punching bag, a fuck buddy, or just somebody to have a drink with. I got you." He pulled her in hugging her head to his shoulder.

"Geez, it's early for girly moments Vince. You know I wish I was straight sometimes with you."

"Yea me too, especially 'cause you suck dick really well. Where the hell did you learn that?"

"Porn. Plus, well you make a lot of noises that are really helpful. I read noises really well, especially buried in pussy...or cock I guess." She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Damn, well if you ever want to finish what you started let me know." He smiled and her hand went lower over the blanket touching his still present morning wood.

"Do we have a few minutes now?"

"Seriously?" His eyebrows went up and he was answered by her throwing back the blanket and starting that damn slow wet kiss trail from the night before. In another few minutes, she was back to deep throating him. Her skill set only sharpened from the night before. He groaned and fisted his hands in the pillow next to him as her tongue pressed harder and harder against the bottom of his head. Her outward pull had him barely inside her mouth letting her saliva cool as she played on his most sensitive spot.

His hands released the pillow grabbing her hair and pulling it up into a ponytail so he could watch. She looked up catching his eyes directly and spreading her lips wide. His cock disappeared into her mouth until her nose was buried in his pubes. He grunted then pulling on her hair a little. She moaned around him making it that much more intense. He felt himself get harder with wet heat surrounding him so perfectly.
Like Reply
"Fuck...Dani...fuck...I'm gonna cum, pull back a little." He strained to tell her and she pulled off a little letting her tongue resume its work on his shaft and he let out a rough cry followed by a litany of curses as he spasmed, cumming in her mouth. She moaned as he did extending his orgasm even more until he was just shuddering with the last bits. When she pulled her mouth off, she took a final lick capturing the last of his load and he released her hair. She lay on her back then with a grin spread across her face.

"Alright, that was kind of hot." She broke the silence a few minutes later.

"Sorry I pulled your hair, but uh...I do that with chicks. I'm surprised you swallowed." He was still shivering a little as the goosebumps that had erupted all over him receded.

"I love when chicks pull my hair while I eat them out, so no apologies needed. And, I figured if I was only going to do that once in this lifetime, then I should go for broke. Besides, it's a lot less liquid than when a girl squirts, trust me." She laughed and got out of bed finding her panties and shirt. A pair of black yoga pants followed as well as a pair of socks. She walked around the bed looking down at Vince as she pulled her hair up into a bun.

"Well, now I feel inferior, I can give you more." Vince said in mock pouting.

"Would you get up so we can go get breakfast? Oh and don't be weird in front of Nick."

Vince got up throwing on his pajamas and headed behind her down the hall to the kitchen.

"Hey, look who's sober this morning. Want some pancakes?" Nick was happy to see her.

"Don't remind me or I'll have to find a bottle. Pancakes sound awesome." Dani took a seat at the table.

"Morning Nick." Vince looked rough. Nick knew the look, and felt good for him. Vince had lusted after Dani for a while now and clearly something had happened the night before. Now, Dani and Vince looked better.

After breakfast, Dani decided to shower and put in some time on the range. She headed down the hallway as Vince poured himself one more cup of coffee, joining Nick at the table.

"So, looks like the conversation went well last night." Nick tried to bait his partner into talking. He was hoping more than anything that this would turn into a regular thing having her around to complete their little family.

"It was alright. She needs time to heal, but at least she knows she can talk it out instead of just numb it. We both know that doesn't work."

"You look like it was better than alright. She looked pretty chipper too. I take it the unfinished business after the Aphrodite thing has been resolved."

"Come on Nick. Look, it's not like that. I mean it sort of was, but she and I, well that's not going to happen." Vince had resigned himself to the friend zone. This morning was destined to become just another one of those times Dani got what she needed and he had to deal with the stupid feelings part.

"You shouldn't discount it. I've never met anyone more like you than she is; you're a pretty good couple." He looked at him nodding his head with a grin on his face.

"We're not a couple. Besides, did you forget that one of the main things we have in common is we both dig only chicks? She's not going straight for me Nick." Vince was frustrated saying the words out loud. He hated talking about his feelings like this.

"You shouldn't get too caught up on labels Vince, she looked just as happy as you this morning. Anyways, I'm just glad she's ready to get back in action. Maybe we can get her toes wet soon."

"I hope so; she needs to get back to it."

"I think that would be a good idea, then you guys can continue this dance until you figure out what you really want."

"Shut up ass."

"Dolt." Nick called out after him as he walked down the hall to get to a shower himself.

Like Reply
"Good morning." Nick was chipper with a sly grin as Vince came in.

"Morning. Do you know what's coming in?"

"Nope, just a delivery. Sorry to pull you away from..." He gestured down the hall and lifted his eyebrows.

"It's fine. She's just exhausted, so sleeping another hour or so."

"Exhausted? So, you finally got your do-over?"

"It's not like that. If you must know, Dani just didn't want to sleep alone, so she crashed in my bed last night."

"And I wasn't born yesterday." Nick rolled his eyes and went back to the food on the stove.

"I'm actually serious man, nothing happened. She just slept next to me."

"Really? Interesting."

"Cool it man, leave things alone. I'm just trying to be a good friend."

"Alright. Hey sorry man."

"All good, just don't give Dani a hard time or anything, alright."

Nick nodded and went back to making breakfast. The rest of that day was work as usual. Dani pitched in again, helping to catalogue and photograph the rather large unwieldy vase that came in. It was made completely of bronze and heavy as hell. The three agents worked the whole day only taking breaks for meals. Again, Vince found himself hoping that Dani was liking this just as much. He already had fantasies of asking Oz to let her join their team permanently in his head.

That night, he was again dozing off, when a soft knock sounded on his door.

"Yea?" This time Dani didn't wait to respond through the door, instead just opening it and smiling at him.

"Can I crash here again?" Her voice was sweet and Vince smiled and nodded. He hadn't even turned his light off yet, and part of him wondered if Dani even gave sleeping alone a try. Either way, he wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

"Sure, come on in." He rolled back the blanket and Dani came over quickly curling on her side facing him. After a small smile, he rolled onto his back and flicked the light off.

As he lay down, he felt that same hand from the night before creep across his chest. He slid his own hand over top and lay there listening to hear her soft breathing as she dozed off. It was a dream laying there with her and pretending like it could be his life forever.

The next night, Vince was almost asleep after lying and wondering if Dani would come back to join him. The familiar knock made his mind quiet and soon she was curled up in bed with him. This time, her head landed on his shoulder before he turned the light back off. The smell of her hair in his nostrils all night made his dreams maddening. They were full of Dani and ran the gambit from x-rated to Hallmark movie. By morning, he had fallen in love with her even more.

The two weeks that followed only solidified how Vince felt. There wasn't even one night that Dani didn't come in to join him in bed. They never did anything, and it was never even expected. Vince wouldn't have refused, but he certainly wasn't going to push for anything. As for Dani, she grew more and more at home with the situation. By the end of the two weeks, she didn't even knock, just came in and curled up. They slept each night closer and closer, and would wake in each other's arms. It was perfect by Vince's estimation, and he only hoped it would last.

Unfortunately, nothing good ever seemed to last in Vince's world.

"Hey Dani, so Oz called today. Said he had a quick assignment for us, and we need a female to accompany. It looks like it's a ghost that likes to get couples." Nick came in as Vince and Dani sat researching in the library. They had been trying to crack a Greek code that some agents requested.

"Really?" She looked up at Nick excited, and Vince's heart sank a little.

"Yep. Oz said if you're ready we can handle it. I, for one, could use some field work and I figured you might want to get out of here too." Nick was pumping her up, and Vince was going to have to have a serious talk with him. Dani wasn't ready. She lost her best friend barely over a month before, how could she be ready.

"I am so ready. I mean don't get me wrong guys - I have enjoyed my time here, but I'm a field agent. I can't wait to get my hands dirty." Dani practically beamed as she spoke. "When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow. Looks like they have a social at the hotel to welcome perspective couples for intensive therapy. It appears that they have had three couples die in the last few months, but they just keep going. From what Oz says, it's worth a lot of money and they focus on strengthening newly married couples."
Like Reply
"Alright, well shit. I'm going to go hit the range for a bit. I want to make sure I haven't lost my touch after this last month." Dani bounced up and headed down the hall way. Vince waited until she was out of ear shot before speaking up.

"You really think she's ready?" He glared at Nick as he put down his book.

"I don't know, but I think we need to find out."

"Why? What's the rush suddenly?"

"Vince, it's been over a month and there are no agents covering where she and Stan were. Oz asked me if he should transfer her into D.C. for a while or if he can just look for a partner for her. You know it will kill her to go on desk duty for a full year. So, I said we'd take an assignment and see if she was ready. He agreed that if we think she is close, he would give her another month to sort herself out and find a new partner for her."

"Damnit Nick. I know you were doing what you thought was best, but I was going to ask Oz to just assign her to the bunker with us. That way she stays somewhat in the field and..."

"And here with you?"

"Fine, yes, here with me. I want to make sure she's okay. Stan was a huge loss for her and I don't know if she is ready." Vince sighed, letting Nick see just a little of what he was holding tightly.

"Vince, it's her choice if she's ready. If you want her to stay, then you should really discuss that with her and not me or Oz. Either way, we're heading out tomorrow for this assignment and it will at least buy you another month to figure things out."

"Fine, but I'm not happy you didn't discuss this with me first."

With those words, Vince relented and went back to research. He would have to talk to Dani later and assure himself more than anything that she was ready to get back to field work. She meant a lot to him and there was no way he was chancing her life by pushing her too far too soon.

Later that night, Dani came in as usual, and slid into bed next to Vince. He was just settling himself as she lay there watching him with a soft smile on her face.

"All set to sleep?" She asked it casually and he knew he had to talk to her now or never.

"I actually wanted to talk to you first."

"What about?"

"I just wanted to make sure you felt ready for tomorrow. I mean it's only been a month since the Stan thing and if you weren't ready you know..."

"I think I am ready Vince. You know, I've been thinking about it a lot and now that I'm out of that massive self-destructive phase, well I need to get back to it. I'm the best when I'm in the field and if I don't go back I'll just go crazy. Besides, what if Oz sent me to the home office? I might literally go postal and kill some people."

"Well, you know those might not be your only options."

"What do you mean?"

"I was just thinking that I could talk to Oz and maybe you could stay here with Nick and I as extra help."

"Look, Vince as much as I like it here, this is not my jam. I am a field agent. I need to get my hands dirty. Honestly, I've never volunteered for a bunker for that very reason. I like to be out roaming around and doing stuff."

"I get that, I do. And, you know Nick and I won't be on this assignment forever, so you could just take it easy for a while and then when we go back out stick with us."

"Does Oz think I'm done? I mean is he saying that I need to be a third somewhere?"

"No, not at all. I'm just saying that it would mean the two of us would have more time together."
Like Reply
"Vince, I feel like you want to say something, but you're avoiding it. You can stop bullshitting anytime and get to the point." She sat up and faced him, crossing her arms.

"Look, Dani, I...I want you to stay here with us."

"Are you trying to look out for me? Because, I can handle myself Vince. I did it for years, so I don't need a babysitter."

"It's not that. I..I love you Dani and I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay with me. It's not that I want to babysit you; I want you. I want you to stay and be with me. This way we can be together and keep working. I think Oz will go for it too." He finally poured it all out and just stopped taking in her face as she absorbed his words.

"Vince...shit. Look, I've told you before we can be friends, hell we can be fuck buddies sometimes. But, more than that, I can't do. I care about you as a friend, but we can't be more than that. I'm a lesbian and I always will be."

"So, you're telling me there's nothing between us?"

"I'm telling you that whatever future you're picturing or hoping for with me isn't going to happen. We're not going to be a couple Vince." He felt his lungs deflate as her words sucked the air from the room.

"Look, just lay down and let's sleep and we'll talk tomorrow." It was all he could say as he looked at her.

"You know, I think I'm going to go crash in my own bed tonight. It's probably time I got used to sleeping alone." Dani got up then and walked out of the room, leaving Vince to consider what he just said and if he could truly stay just friends with this woman.

Like Reply
Dark Division - Dani Ch. 09

They got on the road early the next morning, mostly because they still had to stop and pick up a nice dress and some shoes for Dani. It seems in their haste to pack everything; she hadn't packed anything for a social occasion. Fortunately for Nick and Vince they rarely used the agency provided tuxes, so they were still pressed and ready to go.

Vince had made particular note of how Dani looked that morning. She had bags under her eyes like she hadn't slept at all. It was sad to see her like that, and he felt like a real piece of shit for being the cause of it. Why hadn't he just kept his mouth shut?

"Okay, we're here. Now, do you want to go in alone Dani or shall we join you?" Nick's voice roused her and Vince looked back as Dani tried to pull herself together.

"At this point, I was wondering if the two of you should go as the newlyweds. The last thing I want to do is put on a dress."

"No such luck. There's a reason Oz said you would make the job easier. Apparently, they don't accept alternative lifestyles here. So, one of us is definitely going as your husband. Now, alone or with us?"

"I think I'll deal with this one alone. How about you guys go grab some beers or something?"

"Alright, and hey Oz allotted you a few hundred, so get something good on the company card you have." Nick smiled at her and Dani half-heartedly smiled back.

With those words, she got out of the car and Nick and Vince headed down the street to a bar.

"Were you guys up late having fun?" Nick smirked as they got out to head inside.

"Nope, why?"

"Because she looks exhausted today, and you're not doing much better."

"That's because I decided to go ahead and talk about what I was feeling and it ended with Dani sleeping in her own bed. I'm guessing that is not what she needed before going on assignment." Vince groaned and they ordered beers from an all too perky waitress.

"Shit. So, I take it I should be the one to go inside with her?" The waitress arrived and Vince pondered for a moment if he should tell Nick that the thought of letting her pretend to be his wife was just too much. He didn't want to think of anyone else with Dani like that, least of all Nick. But, if he said something then Nick would give him more grief and he didn't know if he could handle that.

"You know what; you actually look a little beat too. I'm thinking you should play husband and that way I can keep ears and eyes on you guys. I'm the most likely to be alert. I'll just tell Dani I'm better with the electronic gear. Does that work?" Damn if Nick didn't know him. He saw the look on the younger man's face and could tell this was just a nice way of him giving Vince an out. Nick was his best friend and partner, of course, he knew Vince better than himself at this point.

"If you think that makes sense. I'll plant a few cameras and we'll schmooze it up. What time is this shindig anyways?"

"From 6 to 8 tonight, and then the following day they are going to start therapy sessions. I arranged with Oz already that whoever was inside would go ahead and grab a spot. I figure that's the only way to get the ghost directly. I'm just hoping it's an easy job. Otherwise, let's hope Dani is back to 100% by tomorrow."

Maybe it was how tired Dani was or the fact that she still trusted what Nick told her, but there was very little fight about her needing to go inside with Vince. It gave Vince at least a glimmer of hope that he could save whatever it was between them. Of all things, he didn't want to lose Dani as one of his close friends.

In less than two hours, they were in a hotel down the street from the location and Dani was changing. Vince had put on his tuxedo and was trying desperately not to be uncomfortable. He hated being in a monkey suit. It was bad enough when they had to wear the regular suits, but this was much, much worse. A bow tie made him want to die every time he had to tie it.

"So, how does it look?" Dani came out of the bathroom with her hair swept up in the front and hanging long in the back. Her face had a light dusting of makeup that made her look positively perfect. Vince's eyes followed the line of her neck into the spaghetti-strapped light blue dress that seemed to make her chest look even more bountiful than usual. He continued the trail downwards, taking in the slit up the front of her dress that showed off just enough of her legs to make him want more. The look finished with a pair of silver heels that varied from plush to shiny. It was impeccable and all he could do was stare at the goddess in front of him.

"I think what he wants to say is what I'm thinking which is that you clean up real nice Dani." Nick spoke where Vince couldn't.

"Thanks, but I still hate getting all fancy. Anyways, if you're done staring Vince I think we should head out." She strode towards him confidently, now matching his height in the heels she wore.

"Sorry, you just look beautiful Dani." He smiled and she grinned back. He saw it for the progress it was and followed Nick out to the car.

Once outside the location, they looked around noting there were about 30 other cars in the parking lot. The hotel, itself, loomed before them. It was clearly four stars, which was much more than the CIA had sprung for in their accommodations. Hopefully, this job wouldn't require running around the place, though, because there was no way Vince was running around this whole place in his dress shoes.
Like Reply
"Alright, so you are out here, and as soon as I have the cameras planted around the room start telling us where to go and who to mingle with. Do you have me on the comms?"

"I've got you, can you hear me?"

"Yep, Dani can you hear Nick?" He turned looking at her in the back seat. She was even more stunning in the late afternoon sunlight.

"I got you Nick, you got me?"

"Hearing it loud and clear. Now, neither of you can bring in guns, so if anything gets crazy call for back up."

"I have a couple of knives."

"They have a metal detector you know that right?" Vince looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Of course. I hide them in my bra. They just assume it's an underwire."

"I love it." Nick beamed at her and Vince saw the smirk on Dani's face. Maybe Nick was right that she was ready to get back into the field.

It took twenty minutes to check in and bullshit their way through some paperwork before Vince and Dani were heading into a large ballroom filled with couples. Staff people from the hotel made their way around with glasses of wine and hors d'oeuvres. This was the kind of fancy party that Vince dreaded and his only solace was it was an excuse to pretend to be with Dani like he wanted.

"Hello, you are Mr. and Mrs. Neil I presume." A tall man with an absurdly large moustache approached them. Vince almost forgot that he had used Dani's name to check them in.

"Yes, hi. And you are?"

"Mr. Cushman. I am one of the administrators of the program we have here." He held out his hand and Dani extended hers. The man took it and bent at the waist placing a gentle kiss across her knuckles.

"Good to meet you Mr. Cushman. We've read some great reviews and I'm hoping you can put our marriage on the track for success." Dani played the part well, looking completely into her character. Vince reached out threading a hand around her waist.

"Yes, my wife and I want to make sure that we can stay as happy as we are now forever." He leaned in placing a wet kiss to Dani's temple. She smiled at him and turned back to the tall man.

"Well that's the goal folks. We want to start everyone off on the path to everlasting happiness. It's attainable for us all, trust me. We have had great success with all the couples that attend our week long seminar."

"Excellent. Isn't it honey?" His hand shifted down passing over Dani's ass and he felt her tense up a little before grinning back at him.

"I can't wait. Is there a list we can get on? I mean Vince and I really want to have a chance at the program."

"There will be after about an hour. We are just checking in with couples to see what they are looking for from the opportunity. That way we can get a good fit. Will you come with me to meet with our lead psychiatrist?" He gestured towards a man standing in the corner, looking every bit the sleazy salesman.

Vince and Dani followed and Vince let his hand rest on the top of Dani's ass as he walked. When they arrived, Mr. Cushman passed them off to Dr. Ornus. It was a horrible name befitting the horrible face that greeted them.

"So, Mr. and Mrs. Neil, what would you say is your main strength in your relationship?" He put on a front as if he really cared, although Vince's suspicion was that was far from the truth.
Like Reply
"Well, I think it's our strong physical connection. Would you agree dear?" Vince brushed his hand down Dani's ass and leaned to place a kiss to her neck in the place he knew drove her crazy. She shivered a little and glared at him quickly before turning back to the man in front of them.

"That's definitely a part of it. And we're also very good friends doctor, hopefully those two are signs of a solid marriage." Dani seemed to have a forced grin on her face and Vince saw it as a sign that he was pushing all the right buttons.

The doctor droned on from there about how good the program was and how the cost could not compare to the benefit received. Vince barely heard any of it as he brushed Dani's body in any way he could. He was very much enjoying playing newlyweds. The doctor soon took his leave of them with a firm handshake.

"Maybe you should back off a little." Dani whispered into his ear and pulled back smiling.

"Uh just so you guys know the cameras are all live and I am scanning the room. Can you both walk more towards the northwest corner? There's a strange looking dude there that I think you should talk to." Nick's voice came through the ear piece.

"What do you mean back off?" Vince whispered back to her as they walked. A little man in his late twenties came up before them as they walked and Vince could tell this was exactly who Nick thought was odd.

"Hi, you're with the organizers right?" Dani didn't answer Vince as her hand extended to the little man before them.

"I am. I am Mr. Gold. I'm actually the coordinator." His voice was nasally and Vince felt the revulsion in just reaching out to shake his hand after Dani was done.

"Oh, so we would talk to you about getting a spot in the seminar this week then?" Dani was laying on the eagerness as she spoke.

"Now, dear, don't be so eager. Mr. Gold has a lot of couples to pick from and you know we are already pretty happy. Someone else may need his help." With those words, he turned to his side running his hand down and over the front of her dress and Dani looked at him squarely. Her face was in a soft smile even as her eyes screamed out that she was going to kill him.

"Oh my, you two do look happy. But, let me ask you something."

"What's that Mr. Gold?" Vince turned to the man as his hand ran over Dani's ass again. He was certain she would get him later, but right now Vince was enjoying himself. It had turned into a game of how much he could get to her before Dani snapped.

"I could guarantee you that after this weekend and signing our pledge, you would be happy until death do you part. Well, would you take that deal?" Vince's hand moved up and he placed it evenly on the bottom of Dani's back. He felt the tension under his fingertips and knew she sensed it too. It was something in the way this guy said 'deal' that just didn't jive. Maybe it wasn't a ghost they were chasing after all.

"How do you mean guarantee?" Dani was the one to jump at the word first.

"Let's just say that I believe in the power of a written promise. So, if you both agree at the end of our program to sign a promise to each other, then you are making a deal with us."

"So, we just draft something together and sign it and keep it? That sounds like a relatively easy thing we could do on our own if you don't mind me saying." She pressed him, waiting to hear if this was truly a concern or if it was just a weird way for him to talk.

"Oh it's not quite that simple. You see we will draft it and it says that we promise you will have a marriage that will last until your death if you promise us certain small things that you will do on your end."

"Hey guys, he's not just a creep. That asshole looks like he has a black aura on the infrared. I'm reading demon on him and at least two others in the area. Sounds like he's offering to trade souls for happy marriages." Nick's voice came through both their ear pieces.

"Tell me is one of those small things our souls?" Vince leaned in asking the man and clearly startling him.

"Why ever would you ask that?" The little weasel recovered quickly, trying to play it off.
Like Reply
"Because your little operation ends here asshole. We're Dark Division. Now, let's just let these nice people go and maybe we won't end you permanently." Vince was even in his tone and from the look on Dani's face she was on precisely the same page.

"I'm on my way in. You have two heading for the lobby and the one with you. Not sure on the rest, but keep your eyes open."

"They go nowhere. This is a sweet gig and two piss ants from the CIA are not going to ruin it." The man practically hissed the words and suddenly the fire alarm sounded. Nick had pulled it on his way in to help get the crowd thinned.

Dani smiled and with a swift motion that Vince could hardly keep up with had produced two small knives from inside her dress. In another flash, she had one to the monster's throat as Vince scanned the room. He heard screams from just beyond the ballroom and looked over in time to see Nick rushing in with two guns in his hands.

"Catch." A gun came hurtling his way, and Vince caught it just in time to fire at an oncoming demon. It was enough to back the guy up while he watched Nick slash the throat of the guy across the room. Dani pinned Mr. Gold down to the floor, sitting astride him as both her blades drew down on his throat.

He snarled suddenly and pushed her up and off of him. Dani was quick to turn and slice across his throat with both blades. The demon laughed as blood shot from the wound splashing across Dani's front. Nick ran across slashing the demon engaging Vince and then walked over to where Dani and Mr. Gold were facing off.

"You bitch. I'm gonna have to find another host now, and I was so enjoying being Mr. Gold." He was almost feral in appearance as Dani dove in, slamming both knives into his eye sockets as he tried to lunge into her. Nick passed her the machete, with markings down the blade, and with a single slash Mr. Gold fell to the floor. Dani was left breathing heavy and standing over him. Vince had to admit she was definitely ready for field work. The woman was a force to be reckoned with, especially with a blade.

Nick was on the phone in the next moment calling Oz for a clean-up and containment. It appeared their job was done and now it was time to make sure the rest of the guests were okay and hopefully would assume nothing weird happened. The three agents waited patiently, all of them too high on adrenaline to really notice how fast time was going by.

It was only half an hour before things had been cleaned up enough for them to leave. The sun was barely starting to set as they walked down the stairs to the parking lot, heading for the car.

"What the fuck was that? I was just helping you down the stairs." Vince was irritated now; Dani had been acting strange since the fighting ended. It was like she was angry with him. And now, she had elbowed him in the gut as he tried to hold her arm.

"I just don't need your help is all. We don't have to pretend to be lovebirds anymore, so there's no reason for you to touch me like that." Dani's voice rose as she turned to look at him. The blood streaked across her cheek and down the front of her blue dress made her so sexy. Her face wasn't as angry as she sounded.

"Hey guys, what's going on? We got them, let's just go get changed and we can go out and have a beer." Nick was puzzled by it all, trying to understand what had happened to make her so on edge.

"It's nothing, I just don't need him groping me anymore." Dani retorted to Nick.

"I was only doing it for the case, trust me sweetheart if I was really groping you you'd know it." Vince was stung by her words. He thought she liked what he was doing, swore he had seen a glimmer of excitement in her eyes and a flush through her chest. Of course, he also remembered the look of death.

"Oh really? So, when you brushed my pussy back there and grazed my neck like that, you were just acting?"

"Yep, nothing else. You aren't that special Dani, besides you only like women right, so why would you even think twice about what I did in there?" Vince huffed out, feeling his jaw flex in irritation.

"Hey, whoa, since when are you guys so hostile?" Nick was questioning as he finished putting the weapons in the trunk. Vince and Dani stood facing off against each other and he couldn't figure out where this vibe was coming from.

"Nick, you should take a walk now, I need to talk to your partner alone for a few minutes." Dani's voice was low and commanding.
Like Reply