• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Old Mystery/Horror/Suspence/Thriller/Crime/Adventure/Detective Books collection
[Image: 6a284c46-3c22-11e9-b856-5404d3811663]

Never Put All Your Eggs in One Basket.

గర్ల్స్ హైస్కూల్ > INDEX 
నా పుస్తకాల సొరుగు > My (e)BOOK SHELF
చిట్టి పొట్టి కథలు - పెద్దల కోసం > LINK
Like Reply
Do not mention / post any under age /rape content. If found Please use REPORT button.
A Crime of the Under-Seas

[Image: Untitled.png]
by Guy Boothby

There is an old saying that one half of the world does not know how the other half lives, but how true this is very few of us really understand. In the East, indeed, it amounts almost to the marvellous. There are men engaged in trades there, some of them highly lucrative, of which the world in general has never heard, and which the ordinary stay-at-home Englishman would in all probability refuse to believe, even if the most trustworthy evidence were placed before him. For instance, on the evening from which I date the story I am now about to tell you, three of us were seated chatting together in the verandah of the Grand Oriental Hotel at Colombo... (Excerpt)

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

గర్ల్స్ హైస్కూల్ > INDEX 
Like Reply
The Double-Barrelled Detective Story
[Image: mark.png]

The 'consulting detective', Sherlock Holmes, has been called to an American town to solve a strange mystery. Only... this time the pen pulling the strings of the World's Greatest Detective is held by literary legend Mark Twain. In a style that could only be presented by Mark Twain, this tale begins "with a situation that suggests endless possibilities..." But "Mark Twain intended from the first to have some fun...as well as to surprise his readers. Therefore the second part of this short tale develops unexpectedly into a most ingenious parody upon Sherlock Holmes, capitally done." - The Book Buyer, Volume XXIV, 1902. 
~~~Download~~~

గర్ల్స్ హైస్కూల్ > INDEX 
Like Reply
The Penguin Book of Indian Ghost Stories
[Image: ghost.png]
by Ruskin Bond  (Editor)

From Conan Doyle and Rudyard Kipling to Satyajit Ray and R. K. Narayan, this text is a collection of spine-chilling tales of the supernatural from India.

About the Author
Ruskin Bond's first novel, The Room on the Roof, written when he was seventeen, won the John Llewellyn Rhys Memorial Prize in 1957. Since then he has written several novels (including Vagrants in the Valley, A Flight of Pigeons and Delhi Is Not Far), essays, poems and children's books, many of which have been published by Penguin India.

He has also written over 500 short stories and articles that have appeared in a number of magazines and anthologies. He received the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1993 and the Padma Shri in 1999.

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

గర్ల్స్ హైస్కూల్ > INDEX 
[+] 1 user Likes Vikatakavi02's post
Like Reply
A Mysterious Disappearance
[Image: gordon.png] 
by Gordon Holmes, Louis Tracy 

Gordon Holmes has a happy method in the way he talks to his readers. He takes something for granted instead of spinning out to a fine point every single idea. He gives us two diametrically opposite characters in his two detectives—the Scotland Yard man and the amateur. Then he gives his readers the same clues the detectives have in Lady Dyke's disappearance. No reader can resist the subtle invitation to speculate as to what has happened and is going to happen. It is a most involved tangle. Gordon Holmes is Louis Tracy's real name.

గర్ల్స్ హైస్కూల్ > INDEX 
Like Reply
A MAIDEN Of MARS.

Over the land the sunlight falls

A golden shower,
Kissin g to life the sheen of leaf,
And lip of flower,
Building with strength the stately tree,
The stalk of grain,
Softly, tenderly over all,