Adultery Fervor Regained by pinuram-Completed
Chapter 10. Fervor Regained. (#3)

Jhinuk’s unnaturally calm and quiet voice astounded Rishu. He expected some torrential storm and instead his wife was very calm. Was that a sign of lull before storm that was waiting for him at his house? Has she already divulged everything to his Didibhai and Dada? What was the situation of the house? Didibhai must have fainted or have heart-attack. What about Dada, he would have been numb in pain. Do Diya and Deep knows about all what he did? How would he face those innocent foals, he was their model figure. What if his in-laws comes to know about all these?

Rishu’s throat dried up and he gulped his saliva and answered, “Yes I have arrived.”

Jhinuk suppressed her laughter as she heard him gulp. She continued in her ice cold tone, “How was your Mumbai convention, Rishu? Is everything ok?”

Was Jhinuk taunting him as a tigress plays with her pray before the final bite? His voice quivered like a little flame caught in tempest, “I am sorry, please forgive me Jhinuk.”

Jhinuk bit her lips as the sight of the clip came flooding before her eyes. Stealthily she wiped the corner of her eyes and spoke in a jubilant voice, “Did your flight from Mumbai was on time?”

Rishu understood what his intelligent wife meant to say. He nodded and answered, “Yes.”

Jhinuk said, “Mamoni is preparing Moroccan orange cake for me.”

Rishu understood that his wife has not divulged his immoral deed to his Didibhai. He lost his voice as how to express his love to his wife.

Jhinuk fathomed his silence and said, “We all are waiting anxiously for your arrival. Wear a bright face and quickly take a cab and come home.” Then she brought her voice down and chewed her words, “I am waiting to teach you a lesson, honey.”

Rishu felt a fresh breeze in his anxious soul, so his intelligent loving wife managed the situation well and he had to win her back anyhow.

Rishu received a very warm welcome, he observed that Didibhai and Jhinuk were busy in preparing the cake. He was surprised to see everyone smiling. Diya and Jhilik was happy to see Rishu. Both of them taunted him for being busy in his convention. Deep came running and asked for his gift. Rishu apologised and said that the next morning he would buy him whatever he pleases. His depraved heart hankered for a quiet moment with his wife which evaded him everytime he came close to her. The mere sight of Rishu made Jhinuk mad however, she never let her agonising heart to spill on the jubilant ambience of that late hour.

Rishu made a sullen face at Jhinuk and expressed his deep apologise. He stealthily joined hands and asked for forgiveness. She winched her brows and looked at his sullen face and signed him to keep quiet. His heart was crying, he wanted to breakdown on her feet but he had to wait for the opportune moment as he observed everyone in happy mood.

On the dining table, both of them kept the composure never spelt anything about the tempest that was going between two agonising heart.

Niladri asked Rishu, “How your convention did went?”

Rishu felt a lump in his throat and stammered, “Everything went fine, Dada.”

Ambalika asked him, “Next month your interview is coming up. What is your strategy? Are you prepared?”

What answer he would give his Didibhai. He lost the ability of speech and looked at Jhinuk, who was taking her food quietly. Jhinuk answered instead of Rishu, “Mamoni, I think he has made quiet formidable acquaintances with the panel doctors. However, there are other two contenders for the post. It will be a tough competition for Rishu.”

All three children were happy to know that their beloved Rishu would return home. Jhilik was overwhelmed and asked, “Is Juju coming back to Kolkata?”

Rishu nodded his head, “Trying to, but I am sceptical about the outcome.”

Niladri stopped eating and looked at everyone and said, “When everyone is here. I feel to say something.”

Everyone looked at Niladri. Niladri looked at his beloved wife, Ambalika. She spoke after sometime to Rishu and Jhinuk, “Rishu, your Dada is getting old. The firm and his work have taken a heavy toll on his health. We were thinking of selling the firm.” Jhinuk and Rishu looked at eachother. Ambalika continued, “I was thinking to expand my school to maintain the cost of living.”

Both Rishu and Jhinuk was taken aback by their decision. For so many years, his hand fed Rishu and now time has come to repay that. Can he repay what his Didibhai and Dada had given to him? Never, some love can’t be repaid in whole lifetime. Jhinuk understood what was going inside Rishu’s mind.

Jhinuk looked at everyone and said, “I am going to resign from my job and stay back here.”

Everyone was astounded on her decree. Niladri asked her, “Why now? Let Rishu get the appointment then you can decide. What if it takes another year more? Will you then sit at home?”

Jhinuk smiled at her Mamoni and Babu and said, “No, Babu. Now you will take rest and look after your children. I am coming back to look after the school and help Mamoni.”

Ambalika was surprised on hearing that “Means?”

Rishu felt the heat of the fire that was burning inside Jhinuk’s heart. Was her decision due to his actions or he was beholding a total new Jhinuk infront of him, full of love and compassion. His vision was dampened yet he kept quiet. Jhinuk looked at her husband’s dampened vision and signalled him to control his welled up contoured face.

Jhinuk smiled at her Mamoni, “I am tired of my office job, Mamoni. I want to return to your lap.” She pointed to Diya, Jhilik and Deep. “My world lies here amongst you.” She looked at Rishu and said, “It is now his decision what he wants to do.”

Ambalika lost her words as her vision dampened. She wiped the tears of joy and solace that came down from her eyes incessantly. The dinner finished with beaming smile on everyone face. Diya, Deep and Jhilik were very happy that Jhinuk was going to stay back.

After dinner, Jhinuk entered her room and stood silently waiting for Rishu to turn up. Her heartbeat quickened as she saw him entering through the door. He slowly entered the room and bolted the door from inside. She gave him a painful agonising look and her lips trembled. He was dead silent, head stooped down in shame. He knelt down before his wife and looked at her feet. Both of the souls had tears in their eyes, both of them tried to speak but not a single word came out of their lips. Rishu knew that any excuse would sound lame, Jhinuk knew that her love was lamenting in agony. Ages went by without exchanging a single word.

At last, Jhinuk spoke in a quivering voice, “What happened to you?”

Rishu had nothing to say. Jhinuk’s hand approached his hair but she felt not to touch and pulled her hand back again.

She sobbed out, “I am not going back to Delhi. I am going to stay here.”

What would he say? There was nothing left for him to say.

She wiped her tears and said to him, “You need to take a decision, Dr. Ambarish Sanyal.”

What seemed like ages, Rishu looked at his loving wife’s inundated lamenting face with hazy eyes and said, “I am sorry, please forgive me. It was an impulsive deed, Jhinuk.”

She slapped hard across his cheek and whined in agony, “Where was my composed loving husband whom I knew? Where was he when the demon took reins over your dirty mind? I will never forgive you Rishu as what you deed.” She broke down and lost balance. Before she could hit the floor, Rishu held her in his arms and engulfed her in his arms. She flung her arms around him and whined, “I will never forgive you Rishu, never ever touch me.” She cursed him yet not for a second she loosened her arms around her loving husband. Tears of sorrow washed away the pain that was choking them. She repeatedly slapped on his broad chest and sobbed, “I hate you Rishu, I hate you. Ever never do that to me.”

Once Rishu cried when his Didibhai left him at AIIMS, that day he felt very lonely, he felt that he lost everything and then again when he received Jhinuk’s message he had the same feelings.

He pressed his lips on her forehead and sobbed out, “I will not leave you again. I want to live with you, Jhinuk and die with you. Please don’t leave me.”

The dam broke inside Jhinuk’s heart, she took his face between her palms, “I made a promise to myself then how can even think of leaving you?”

Both of them were on the floor, knelt down facing eachother. Rishu wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her near. She held his face between her palms and caressed his cheeks. Both of them looked into each other’s inundated eyes. Rishu gently stooped down to touch Jhinuk’s lips. She closed he eyes and parted her lips to welcome her husband. After ages, the separated birds melted again in each other’s arms.

Jhinuk left her job in Delhi and stayed back in Kolkata. She became the administrator of Ambalika’s Montessori school. With time, she took over reins on the school. On Jhinuk’s request, Niladri sold away his firm and stayed at home doing part-time consultancy. She never let her Babu alone due to his ill health. She convinced her parents that, her share might be a single room in that palatial house however, she was happy with what she had. She had blessings of her Mamoni and Babu, sweet smiles of Diya and Jhilik and naughty Deep. Ambalika was relieved to find her responsible daughter-in-law as the centre of their universe.

Rishu appeared the interview for the post Assistant Professor in SSKM PG Hospital Kolkata. He gave his best shot although he was sceptical about getting the job. Jhinuk gave him the strength, she told him the old Aesop fables story, when two cats fight over a piece of cake then the monkey comes and gets the cake. Debadideb and Sukanto both offered immoral favours that weighed against them. The person to whom they offered the favour gave them higher marks but the rest two gave them below average marks. Whereas Rishu scored, high marks from all three panel interviewers and secured the berth.

After one year, Jhinuk gave birth to a little princess. Ambalika took her chubby little granddaughter in her lap and kissed her forehead. A drop of her tear soaked that golden fairy’s snow-white forehead.

Gently she caressed her head and named her, “My Jhinuk (Oyster Shell) has given birth to a sweet daughter. For me she is Mukto, The Pearl. My time has come to play again with me Pearl.”

Do not lose faith on yourself even if you have a broken heart. At any corner, there is someone waiting for you. People deserve a companion who can make them forget that their heart was ever broken.

***********************   The End   ******************
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:54 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:12 PM