Adultery Fervor Regained by pinuram-Completed
Chapter 10. Fervor Regained. (#1)

Rishu boarded the afternoon flight with vengeance. Blood was boiling inside his veins. He bore the thought of revenge to kill his wife by wrapping the necklace around her neck and gag her until her lifeless cold body lies infront of him.

“Tea or Coffee?” The airhostess asked Rishu.

Rishu gave a cold glassy look at the airhostess and his sight fell on the nameplate of the lady. He was shocked to read the nameplate. The name of the lady was “Chandrika”. He was bewildered and read the nameplate again. Suddenly the old reminiscences floated infront of his eyes. Years ago, the then ladylove, Chandrika, barged on him and made up what was not even true. The huge misunderstanding that shattered him, she had no faith on him and broke off the year long relationship. Why he walked on the same path as Chandrika did?

Why Rishu never felt to dug deeper to know the reality behind as what Samaira told him? Samaira’s version must be a deliberate one. Love is all about faith and trust. How he lost that faith on his loving wife? His heartthrob can’t do something like that, never in thousand years. Why did not ask his heartthrob before acting insane. Even without knowing the facts, how he did that demonic act? How was he going to look into his loving wife’s eye who was sitting alone, anxiously waiting for his return? He maligned himself and his love. Was his love so fragile and weak that an alien could blow off his trust?

How would Rishu win Jhinuk’s trust back again? He would cut his heart out of his chest and keep it in his loving wife’s feet to show his undying love. He would do anything; go any furlong to prove that what he did was out of impulse. He would confess, bow on her feet and ask for forgiveness.

The flight landed with a jolt and Rishu’s heart cried out. He tried to call Jhinuk, however, her phone kept on ringing and there was no answer from the other end.

Rishu started to sweat profusely, his heart raced like a wild horse. His damsel must be waiting eagerly for his return and she might be very angry on him. That day was her birthday and she might be very offended, as he did not even bother to wish her.

Rishu took a cab and asked the driver to drive as fast as he could. Due to the office timings, the roads were jammed. He requested the driver to take detours and drive through lanes so that he could reach his waiting damsel. He kept on calling her again and again but the phone kept on ringing. What happened to her, why she was not answering his call? Did something worse happen? She must be very hurt and due to which she was not picking up his phone. He took out the diamond necklace and pressed it on his lips. His eyes welled up, he lamented on his impulsive deed. He sobbed and clawed his hair in despair and pain.

“Shaab ji where in CR Park?” asked the driver.

Rishu came to senses and gave direction to his block. After paying the driver, he raced to his flat. He was panting hard and was shaking in sheer anxiety. He felt a jolt on his body as he found the door locked. He could not understand as what he would do, where was his wife. He tried Indrajeet’s phone but could not connect him, he then tried Shalini’s phone but that also kept on ringing. He tried few of her office colleagues but none was aware of her whereabouts. He opened the door with his spare key and entered the house. The empty house seemed to be haunted one.

Rishu’s phone sounded at last and it was Jhinuk’s message. After reading the message, his head started to spin, the empty bedroom haunted him, the walls came crumbling down on his towering frame and crushed him under the heavy weight of the broken bricks. The curtains wrapped around his neck like huge python and choked his breath. He was unable to breathe; he was unable to walk, he lost all his energy. He clenched his chest and fell on the ground with the mobile in his hand. His tiny nest bereft of his queen tried to maul him. </font></font><br />
<font face="Georgia"><font size="3">Rishu wailed out in top of his voice, “Jhinuk please forgive me.” Only his lips trembled in agony. Where was his damsel, his heartthrob, his ladylove Mrs. Sanghamitra Sanyal?

After a while, Indrajeet and Shalini walked inside through the open door. Indrajeet clenched his jaws and gave him enraged look. Rishu was astounded to find them and peeked behind them expecting his wife, but she was not there.

Shalini’s eyes were deluged, her face burnt in anger, her eyes were red and blistered in fury. She approached him and knelt infront of him. Without saying a single word, she slapped hard across his cheek. He gave a bewildered look at her and tried to speak. Another slap landed across his cheek.

Shalini clasped his collar and screamed in pain, “Why Anna Why?”

Rishu turned to stone; someone sucked all his blood from his face. He mumbled, “Where is Jhinuk?”

She tore his shirt and banged her fist on his chest, “Jhinuk has left Anna. She has left you.”

He lost his breath, lost all his strength and stared blankly around the house. Indrajeet knelt down infront of him and showed him the clip.

Rishu tried to mutter something but Indrajeet growled at him, “You always wore a mask, pretended to be a saint and is this your true nature? Rishu, why you did this to Jhinuk?”

He stammered feverishly, “Jeet, I can explain. Please let me explain.”

Indrajeet gave him a glass of water and he drank to quench his thirst. The thirst his body was quenched but what about the thirst to meet his wife? Who would satiate that thirst? Where was his darling wife?

Shalini was sobbing continuously and banging her head, “Anna you were a father figure to me. I adored you, loved you and respected you. Never in my dream had I thought you would do such illicit act.”

Indrajeet asked him, “What is your explanation?”

Rishu narrated everything that happened and bowed down infront of Shalini to ask her forgiveness. He said that he was very much depressed after he saw Debadideb and Sukanto offering female favour to the panel doctors to secure the berth he longed for. He was broken as he was confident about securing that post. When his dreams were shattered to ground, he heard from Samaira that, Jhinuk also gave illicit favour and he could no more control himself. He lost his power of justification and pounced on Samaira. Everything he did was an impulsive act and not a deliberate move.

Shalini was taken aback after hearing his version. Indrajeet said to him, that Jhinuk has left for Kolkata and she was going to Dhakuria, to clarify things with Ambalika.

Rishu got frightened, he knew his Didibhai very well. If she divulges everything and shows that clip to Didibhai, then she would commit suicide. His thoughts went blank he lost strength and clasped the air to regain his composure in vain.

After long time, Rishu took a deep breath and stood up. He entered his bedroom and found the cupboard was wide open. He picked up Jhinuk’s cloth and pressed on his face, took a deep breath to inhale her smell and fill his heart. He felt solace as her fragrance filled his arid soul. He has to ask forgiveness from Jhinuk before everything goes out of control. Once Didibhai comes to know the there would be no choice for him other than to end his life as his Didibhai would end her life. There was no point of calling Jhinuk as she might be on the flight to Kolkata.

Shalini spoke in a cold roar, “What are you waiting for, Anna? Go and win her back.”

Rishu wiped his tears and looked at Indrajeet. He clenched his jaws and chewed his words, “I will show to Samaira what I am. I want to meet Rajat now.”

Indrajeet asked him, “Do you know where he lives, do you know his number?”

Rishu said, “I know Kavya’s number. We can get Rajat’s number from him.”

Rishu then called Kavya and collected Rajat’s number. He then dialled Rajat’s mobile but he forgot as what to ask to him.

Rajat asked, “Hello who is this?”

The voice on the phone was different from the voice what Rishu heard on Samaira’s phone. Rajat spoke in an Orissian accent where as the voice on the phone was speaking in clear Hindi. Everything became clear as water infront of his eyes. Samaira played a deliberate game with him. She might have avenged his wife for something and he want to know the reality.

Rishu answered, “Sorry to disturb you, Mr. Mahapatra. I am Dr. Sanyal, Sanghamitra’s husband.”

Rajat smiled and said, “So how are you Dr. Sanyal. This is very bad Dr. Sanyal, you have not invited me for your wife’s birthday party.”

Rishu lost his voice and he gulped saliva to soak his throat, “I mean I want to meet you, Mr. Mahapatra.”

Rajat asked in a curious tone, “What happened Dr. Sanyal? Is everything ok?”

Was everything ok for him? No, it was not. He muttered, “Can you say something about Samaira?”

Rajat asked him, “Why do you want to know about Samaira?”

Rishu pleaded, “Can we meet, Mr. Mahapatra?”

Rajat gave him his address and Rishu said that he would be at his place within half an hour. All the way, he prepared himself as how to face him and unravel the truth without maligning his wife. He cannot tell Rajat directly as what Samaira told him. He and Indrajeet reached Rajat’s house where Rajat was anxiously waiting for them.

Rajat greeted them and asked Rishu, “What happened Dr. Sanyal? Is everything ok with Sanghamitra? Why were you asking about Samaira?”

Both Indrajeet and Rishu looked at each other. Rishu spoke to him, “I met Samaira two days ago in Mumbai.” Rajat gave a quizzical look. Rishu continued, “She said that, you kicked her out of the job and my wife helped you. Is that true?”

Rajat was shocked to hear him and roared, “What the F*** the bitch is saying? I caught her red-handed forging confidential documents. Mr. Gulati was to call the security officer. Sanghamitra saved her skin by persuading Mr. Gulati and Sanghamitra asked her to resign.”

Rishu looked at Indrajeet as Indrajeet thought to ignite Rajat’s wrath so he tactfully spoke, “Samaira also said that you ask for illicit favours from female employees in your office.”

Rajat growled in angst, “WHAT?”

Rishu nodded his head, “Yes, Mr. Mahapatra. She said that even. You call her and clarify.”

Rajat trembled violently in anger, he growled, “I will teach that bitch a lesson.”

Rajat called Samaira and spoke to her in a chilled tone, “Hello Samaira. What is this?”

Samaira feigned ignorance and asked, “What a pleasant surprise Mr. Mahapatra. How are you?”

Rajat growled at her, “What is this I am hearing?”

Samaira, “What Mr. Mahapatra, what have you heard?”

Rajat growled at her, “Don’t play with me, Samaira. What have you told to Dr. Sanyal?”

Samaira laughed, “Who is Dr. Sanyal, Mr. Mahapatra?”

Rajat looked at Rishu and Rishu growled on the phone, “Don’t chuckle like that, Samaira. I am here. Don’t deny as what you said.” He played hardball, “I recorded what you said to me about Mr. Mahapatra. Do you want to hear that?”

Samaira’s voice shook like a twig, she fumbled for words, “I mean, I mean.....”

Rajat growled at her, “I will bring you down Samaira.”

Samaira cut off the phone immediately. Rajat called her again and roared, “Don’t dare to cut off the phone Samaira. I will see your end. Why have you told Dr. Sanyal that I ask for immoral favours from female employees?” Samira was dead silent on the other end, only her deep frightened breathing sound could be heard. Rajat spoke to her, “I don’t want to know where you are or how you are. Tomorrow I want a written apology on my desk. I don’t want any e-mail or printout. You have to come to my office and write that letter infront of me, duly signed.”

Samaira pleaded, “Forgive me.”

Rajat roared, “I have those forged papers that you tried to use to appoint few employees. I have those forged papers also that you showed peoples that you have power to appoint and you took large sums of money in pretext of giving them job. You have two options Samaira. One, you come to my office tomorrow and give me a written apology else I am going to security officer and slam a forgery case against you. Choice is yours, Samaira.”

Samaira switched off the phone. Rajat shook hands with Rishu and expressed gratitude to bring everything in light.

After coming out of Rajat’s house, Rishu said that he wants to goto Kolkata. He yearned to meet Jhinuk and confess everything. Indrajeet dropped him at airport at about nine o’clock at night. He managed to get a ticket in a late night flight to Kolkata. The same flight, three years back he boarded to get married with his sweetheart wife.

The flight took off at dead night. Rishu sat quietly with a vague look out to the dark sky. He fathomed that his out-station tours, attending rotaries, staying late working extra mile in OT and trauma centre had taken heavy toll in their conjugal life. The passionate fire was dying. When he was young, he wanted to break-free from the boundaries and roam in wild, his passion of biking, his passion of camping, his passion of trekking, with passing time everything took backseat and his career came out as front-runner. Where the old naughty Rishu did got lost that his Didibhai tells him. He heard stories from his Didibhai, that when he was young, he used to come home covered with dust, hair dishevelled, some unknown flowers or fruits in his pockets, sometime stones sometimes marbles. Where that Rishu did got lost, who used to go out on his cycle for the whole evening when they were in Ranchi? That Rishu has to come out again to win back his love. He knew nothing as what awaits him in Kolkata.

Continued.....
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:54 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:12 PM