Adultery Fervor Regained by pinuram-Completed
Chapter 8. Flow of Life. (#5)

Jhinuk feigned anxious look and said, “Probably the wind is beating the latch, let me go and check.”

She tiptoed to the door and opened. Everyone asked her in hushed tone as what Rishu was doing. She singed everyone to keep quiet and asked them to wait in the drawing room.

Rishu heard some footsteps and raised his voice to ask Jhinuk, “Is there anyone honey?” ignorant that his family was waiting outside his bedroom with a big cake and thirty-one candles.

Before Jhinuk could answer to Rishu’s query Deep, Diya and Jhilik was unable to control their excitement and barged into the bedroom with the cake.

All of them screamed at their top voice, “Happy birthday Rishu!”

Rishu was amazed to find his whole family surrounding his bed. Diya and Jhilik jumped on the bed and Deep came inside with the cake.

Rishu looked at Jhinuk who was smiling constantly. She came near her husband and whispered, “Surprise!!!”

He shook his head in utter amazement, really that was a surprise for him. He never dreamt that his family would beside him. He stealthily touched his wife’s fingers to express gratitude.

Rishu got up from the bed and Ambalika rubbed his head to give blessings. She asked, “How are you?”

He smiled and pointed to his bubbly wife and answered, “Not at good with this naughty girl.”

She handed a small packet to Rishu and asked him to open. Everyone was anxious as what was the present and that came as a surprise for everyone. There was a small red car in the box. Everyone gave a bewildered look at Ambalika except Niladri.

Rishu asked his Didibhai, “What is this?”

Ambalika’s eyes welled up as she ruffled his hair and answered, “Twenty-seven years ago you asked for a red car. I could not present you that night due to some unforeseen reason.”

Rishu took his Didibhai in his arms and she broke down. Jhinuk wiped her eyes clasping her mother’s hand. Piyali looked at her loving daughter’s face whose eyes were also soaked. Everyone had hazy eyes except the young mischief foal, Deep.

He shouted at all of them, “Have we come thousands of miles only to cry?”

Everyone broke into laughter and the celebration started. After having their dinner Niladri and Somesh were requested to retire to the other room.

Ambalika asked Jhinuk, “What’s the plan tomorrow? Have you booked the rooms already?”

Rishu gave a bewildered look and asked Jhinuk, “What tomorrow? Tomorrow is by OPD?”

Jhilik and Diya slapped his cheeks from both sides and screamed, “No OPD or hospital tomorrow. Didi has already booked two suites in Neemrana Fort for your celebrations. We are going there.”

Rishu looked at Jhinuk and gave a bewildered look. She gave a sweet smile and whispered in his ears, “Surprise dear.”

He felt to hug her but restrained because of all the family members. The gossiping and chatting went on and on until wee hours of the morning.

Jhinuk booked a twelve-seater mini-bus for their journey. Jhilik was adamant to ride with her loving brother-in-law on his bike. After the morning breakfast their journey started. Rishu on his bike with Jhilik on his pillion and rest of the members in the bus followed the bike. The sky was overcast and the shower was eminent.

Jhilik hugged her brother-in-law as the bike raced on the highway.

Rishu teased his sweet sister-in-law, “Are you still available or already engaged?”

Jhilik patted his nape and whispered, “Naughty Juju, you missed the bus by a whisker.”

Rishu asked her, “Who is the fortunate person to steal my sweet sissy-in-law?”

Jhilik, “What are you going to do with him?”

Rishu, “May be twist his arm first and then give your hand in his.”

Jhilik, “Nah! Juju there is problem in that.”

Rishu, “Why what happened now?”

Jhilik’s voice sank down a bit, “It is a complex story Juju and I am in dilemma about my feelings.”

Rishu was anxious to know everything so he asked her, “What is the matter?”

Jhilik answered, “Diya and I are both in love with the same person, Parthosarathi. I don’t want to lose Diya at least and I am not sure about her feelings in that matter. We both know about our feelings but we never discussed that matter amongst ourselves. What shall I do Juju?”

Rishu became thoughtful as both of them were close to him. He took a deep breath and said, “I think you should speak with that person clearly as whom he loves.”

Jhilik, “We three are good friends and neither of us has expressed anything to anyone until now. However, I have seen love in Diya’s eyes and I feel attracted to him. How do I handle this, Juju?”

Rishu, “Does your Didi know about this?”

Jhilik, “Nah! I haven’t said a word to Didi until now.” She took a deep breath and said, “Didi has become different after getting job, Juju.”

He also felt that Jhinuk had changed yet he didn’t expressed that to his sweet sister-in-law. He persuaded her by saying, “Not that, sweetypie. Your Didi is little busy now-a-days in her professional life that’s all. See still she loves you all and still she is the same jubilant bubbly naughty girl.”

Jhilik didn’t feel to continue the discussion about her sister. Her sister was her best friend one time and at present she calls her only to know how her studies were going and how was her parents. The warmth they shared had waned and she fathomed that.

After two hours of journey, they reached Neemrana Fort. The manager showed them the suites and they all got into full swing for his celebration. After spending the whole day, they returned to Delhi. During return journey, Rishu asked Diya to ride with him, which she obliged.

As the bike raced on the highway, Diya asked Rishu “Is there something you would like to tell me?”

Rishu asked her, “How are your studies going on?”

Diya giggled and answered, “Everything is fine Rishu, but this is not what you want to ask.”

Rishu asked her in return, “Then tell me what am I going to ask you?”

Diya became thoughtful for a while, “I fathomed the reason when Jhilik wanted to ride with you.”

Rishu, “So?”

Diya laughed out, “I know her since last seven years. First time she joined our school when they came here from Raniganj. She felt aloof in this big city and I was there beside her. Over time our bond grew stronger.” He listened intently trying to fathom as where the line of conversation might go. She took a deep breath and hugged him with all his might and said, “Rishu, I think several such Parthosarathi will come in our life however I think there will be only one Jhilik in my life.”

The last words sank deep down her throat, as she kept silent after that.

After long time Rishu spoke to Diya as he felt her quivering body on his back, “Are you crying?”

Diya shook her head on his back and whimpered, “No Rishu, I don’t know anything.”

Rishu asked her, “Why don’t you speak with Jhilik then?”

Diya wiped her eyes and said, “The ice is very thin Rishu and I don’t want it to break.”

Rishu convinced her, “If you don’t speak and get your hearts cleared then the ice would break someday and the pain would be intolerable so it is better to melt the ice now. We three can sit today and break the ice. By the way, are you sure that that person is not playing with you two?”

Diya felt a jolt, “WHAT?”

Rishu said, “Might be possible, give a thought. You both are beautiful and brilliant and very close to eachother. It might be possible that someone want to break the bond between you two.”

Diya was bewildered on hearing that and asked him, “Why should someone be jealous of our close bonds?”

Rishu, “I don’t know, I am just saying that this might be a possibility. If they can break your bond then you two would be easily vulnerable and that will affect your studies as well.”

Diya’s eyes widened, she never thought in that line, “Nah! I don’t think so.”

Rishu smiled and said, “We all three should discuss this matter.”

Diya kissed his helmet and whispered, “When my pillar is beside me then who do I fear.”

That night after returning and after everyone retired, Rishu summoned Diya and Jhilik. Both looked at eachother and sat quietly opposite to him. Jhinuk came and asked the reason of their graveyard hour’s discussion but Rishu persuaded her to goto bed. After Jhinuk retired into her room, Rishu looked at them as they sat anxiously waiting for the thin ice to be broken.

Rishu cleared his throat and spoke to both, “Yes girls, so what is going on between you?”

Both of them shook their head feigning ignorance and said, “Nothing is going on between us.”

Rishu asked both the girls, “Who this Parthosarathi is?”

Diya and Jhilik looked at eachother and Diya answered, “He is a good friend of ours that all.”

Jhilik bowed her head, her face bore a streak of pain and she whispered in a sunken voice, “Sorry, Diya. I divulged everything to Juju.”

Diya took a deep breath as her eyes were also welled. She pulled a sleek smile and took Jhilik’s hand in hers, “No sorry no thank you in friendship, remember we promised this seven years back?”

Jhilik looked up at her with tearful eyes and muttered, “Yes but...”

Diya wiped her tears and said, “I think we will have several such obstacles in our life. Why to cry over split milk?”

Rishu asked them, “Are you sure that he is not playing with both of you?”

Jhilik gave a quizzical look at Rishu while Diya answered, “No, we don’t. Since you said that we will surely check about that and....”

Jhilik braved a smile and said, “If we find him playing with us them we will tear him apart and shred his body into pieces and drown him in River Ganges...”

They all broke into laughter. Rishu said to them, “You both are gorgeous and young at heart. Please don’t take any insolent step that might hurt you and your family in future.”

Both nodded their head in accordance.

A couple of years passed. Diya and Jhilik were in second year of their engineering college. Deep was in final year of his school.

Rishu started to attend more out-of-station conventions and meets. Sometime Ahmadabad, sometime Patna, sometime Mumbai even once he had to travel to Germany for an Orthopaedic convention. He started to publish his papers in medical journals and made acquaintance with top doctors of India. He knew that IMA (Indian Medical Associations) politics was not his cup of tea. He smelled that his compatriot Dr. Debadideb Dutta would go any length to secure his berth for Assistant Professor in SSKM PG Hospital Kolkata, and he was in sheer anxiety for that. He got promotion to Senior Resident doctor in AIIMS

Jhinuk got busier in her professional life. She started to bring her work home, preparing data sheets, new employee guidelines and many more. She excelled in her job and received the coveted Best Employee Award. Mean time Samaira left the job and Jhinuk got promotion from Junior HR executive to Assistant HR Manager. She had to accompany the CMD, Mr. Gulati to various outstations meetings also.

Life moved on a fast track racing lane for Rishu and Jhinuk. Working late hours was a normal thing for the busy couple and they had less time for themselves.

***** End of Chapter 8 *****
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:54 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:12 PM