Adultery Fervor Regained by pinuram-Completed
Chapter 5. Winter in Eden. (#3)

Ambalika came after sometime to take her to the place where the ceremony was to be consummated. With each step towards the ceremony ground, she felt a chill ran down her spine. She took the seat beside Rishu in front of the sacrament flames. Her frame shuddered as the priest joined their hands in holy matrimony.

Rishu was much tensed as how the siren in red would react. They had not exchanged any words after their first meet. He hesitated to call her all the time as what to say, what she would think about him if he made any unwanted calls. Although he was free with girls, however the thought of that enticing beauty mesmerised him for two long days. When her hand was kept on his, he pressed her palms gently. She felt his strong paws on her soft cat paw and she gave a coy glance at him. With each step, they took around the sacrament flames, both of them felt their past to be burnt to ashes. Time came for applying the vermilion on the forehead of the bride. She sat looking at the fire when Rishu dipped his ring in the vermillion and applied on her forehead. All the guests and relatives were jubilant and congratulated them. A huge chunk of the vermillion fell on her nose tip. She tried to rub that away but her sister, Jhilik and Diya restrained her from rubbing her nose.

Jhilik whispered in her ears, “Didi, Jiju will love you more than anything in the world.”

She gave a quizzical look at her sister. She was well aware of the old custom of Bengali wedding, that if the vermillion drops on the nose tip of the bride then the groom loves the bride very much. Both Diya and Jhilik hugged Jhinuk from behind and kissed her both cheeks. Every guest, known and unknown was in jubilant mood when the ceremony came to end.

Ambalika came to Jhinuk and kissed her forehead, “At last my son has found a beautiful bride. I am very happy to see both of you together.” Ambalika tied a bunch of keys with the loose end of her red benarasee saree and said, “This is the key of his flat and his cupboards. Now on you are the protector of our family. We are getting old, dear. You need to take care of all of us.”

Ambalika took out a diamond necklace and put around her neck. She looked at the precious sparkling necklace and she lost her voice. The worth of the necklace was more than what she had in her account.

He voice choked and she flung her arms around her mother-in-laws neck, “Mamoni (pet name of a mother) forgive me for my insolent behaviour.”

She rubbed her soothing palm on Jhinuk’s head and consoled her, “Mother’s always loves their children, even after they commit sin. You have not committed any, dear you just strayed away. Thanks to you that you understood at the right time. Now don’t lament for what you have done, embrace what you have.”

Jhinuk felt a gurgle when the time came to leave her house. She bit her lips, controlled her welling eyes and took blessings from everyone as she boarded the car. Rishu put his arms on her shoulder as she tried to control her welling eyes. It was a tearful goodbye and a journey to a new realm for the newly wedded bride. Rishu ushered Jhinuk inside the car and suddenly felt a tug on his elbow. He looked back and found Jhilik behind him. She clasped his arms with a pleading look in her big black teary eyes.

He was surprise on her action and he asked, “What happened, Jhilik?”

She joined her hands infront of him and sobbed, “Please bring back smile on my sister’s lips.”

The overflowing emotion took him over and he hugged her close to his heart. He pressed his lips on her forehead. He did not know how he was going to keep that promise however he promised her from the depth of his heart, “I promise you.”

She hugged him with all her strength and hid her face on his chest. Her tears soaked his Punjabi as he looked inside the car. His newly wedded wife was watching them with a gloomy face. He consoled Jhilik and sat beside Jhilik. Few drops of tears rolled down her cheeks. The car zoomed out of her house towards her new address, her new domain. She kept silent for whole journey from her home to the new home. Rishu was also silent, as he knew that no words could console her writhing soul of part.

For the whole next day, Rishu tried to steal glance of beautiful Jhinuk. However, she always showed a very cold behaviour to him. He was unable to understand as what happened to her. Indrajeet and his friends always surrounded him all the time; he could not find time for the whole day to speak to her. His heart kept beating like a huge ram as what would happen on the reception night, their first night together. His friends joked with him even someone presented a packet of condom for their first night.

The fateful night arrived; with each passing hour, anxiety took over Jhinuk’s veins as how to face Rishu. Most of the guests returned after reception. Ambalika ushered her to the bedroom and asked her to change the dress and wear something comfortable. She looked around Rishu’s room, the huge bed was bedecked with flowers and ribbons. At one side there was a table and a chair. She opened the cupboard where she kept her suitcase. She opened her suitcase to take out a dress so that she could feel comfortable. While taking out her nightdress, her eyes fell on the pink lingerie she bought to wear on her first night. The mere thought that the dress was chosen by Sitavro, enraged her. Her blood started boiling inside her veins. She kept away all those dresses but how that one stayed in that suitcase? Her whole frame shivered in anger and she tore the lingerie. She forgot to change her dress and sat cowered in one corner of the huge bed. Was she a puppet? What would Rishu do with her? Would he prowl on her, as she was his lawfully wedded wife? She clenched her jaws and waited for Rishu to enter. If he touches her then she would scream or kill herself before surrendering meekly to his lust.

Rishu kept on strolling up and down the drawing room. He was very tensed to face that beautiful siren who was waiting for him in his room. His ears turned red as anxiety took over his mind and soul. How would he approach her, how would Jhinuk react to him, what would he say to her, she might be tired so it would be better if they sleep quietly. All those queries undulated in his mind. Once he peeked into his room to get a glimpse of his siren, but he could only see his empty bed. Diya and Shalini was more excited to push him inside his room. He tried to push the hour more so that the morning approaches earlier. Meantime Indrajeet slipped a packet of condom in his pocket and winked at him.

Suddenly Indrajeet pushed Rishu inside the room and bolted the door from outside. He closed his eyes and stood at the door for a while. Jhinuk shivered with the sound of the door. She looked at Rishu who stood at the door, looking at her. She clenched her jaws anxiously anticipating the unforeseen to happen. Rishu looked at her face and saw a contoured siren. He took a deep breath and approached the bed. Jhinuk cowered more to one corner of the bed. Her breathe quickened with each step Rishu took towards her.

He cleared his throat and asked, “You must be tired. Why haven’t you changed the dress?”

She looked down on the floor and answered in cold voice, “I didn’t feel like changing. I am fine.”

He sat on the bed and turned towards Jhinuk, “I know it is a difficult situation for both of us.”

“Yes it is very difficult for me.” Large drop of tears of humility rolled down her cheeks.

He heard her soft sobbing sound, “Don’t cry Jhinuk.” It was the first time he called out her by her petname. He reached out touch her soft hand.

She shrinked more into the corner and hissed at him like a wounded serpent, “You don’t have the right to call me by that name.”

He touched her hand, those soft fingers felt cold as ice. She shivered with his touch. Large drop of tears dropped on his palm. He rubbed her hand and asked her, “What should I call you?”

She pulled her hand from his clutch and sobbed, “Don’t dare to touch me.”

Her wounded voice startled him and he asked her, “What happened to you?”

She looked at him like a wounded tigress, “I know that you have rescued us from disgrace still you don’t own me or my soul.”

“I know that Sanghamitra.” that time he addressed her by her name. “I am not going to push you over some cliff.”

She hissed at him, “Don’t tell me that you fall for a fallen girl in the very first sight. You are well aware that I had a boyfriend and I broke that relation. I am sure that you must be thinking whether I am virgin or not.”

He closed his eyes, a writhing pain inflicted his heart, “Sanghamitra, I know that whatever you are saying is out of your writhing heart. I can understand that everyone needs time after such incident. Yes, something somewhere went very wrong and you are still to heal your writhing soul. I never bore such evil thoughts about you, believe me.

She gave a quizzical look at his face to fathom as whether he was speaking his mind or just feigning to keep her heart. His eyes spoke his truthful mind she could see the truth in his eyes. Her lips trembled and she joined her hands infront of him, “I need some time to settle my perturbed soul. Please I earnestly beg you.”

“Please don’t beg like that. I promise to respect your feelings and promise you to give all the time in the world you need.” He kept quiet for sometime and then asked, “Do you want to go to Delhi along with me, or stay in Kolkata?”

She fumbled with her words; she was unable to think anything straight. If she stays in Kolkata then everyone would get suspicious about their relation. She did not want to hurt her parent’s feelings or her in-laws feelings. She wiped her eyes and answered softly, “I will go to Delhi only because I can’t see pain in my parents eyes. But that does not mean that I surrender to you.”

“That will do, Thanks for respecting Didibhai’s dream.” He answered in a quaint voice.

Instead of a soothing autumn breeze, chilled winter winds blew inside the room. He looked up at the ceiling, the white flowers seemed like huge chunks of snow and red flowers looked like a bunch of cotton soaked in blood. The white marble floor turned into a bed of cold ice. He stood up from the bed and sat quietly on the chair with his head down. He could not think of anything more.

She lay in one corner of the bed and covered herself with the quilt. A huge storm took over her slender soft figure. Waves after waves lashed on the shore of her empty heart.

The winter winds kept howling outside the room.

***** End of Chapter 5 *****
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:54 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:12 PM