Adultery Fervor Regained by pinuram-Completed
Chapter 2. Unexpected Alliance. (#1)

It was late autumn and the festive season passed away, yet the cold breeze contained the aroma of festivity. The soft winter sun was nearing the horizon, before going down the far curvature it painted the sky with bright orange paint. A flock of chirping birds were returning to their nests after another hard day of finding food. The leaves of a nearby tree whistled in the cold breeze.

Sanghamitra was on the roof, talking to her fiancée, Sitavro, over the phone. They were going to tie the knot within a fortnight. It was hard for Sanghamitra to persuade her parents but she succeeded to win. Both the families agreed to unite their children in holy matrimony. She was chirping like a lovelorn parakeet over the phone, recounting their old days of courtship. Her big black eyes twinkled like star as they spoke; her long lock flowed down her narrow waist. Her beautiful oval face was crimson, covered in a bashful smile as her fiancée was speaking naughty tit-bits over the phone. She had goose bumps all over her tender curvaceous frame. Orange rays of the setting sun glistened on her smooth creamy skin. She looked like a siren soaked in molten gold.

Sitavro teased her over phone, “I am going to bring a big packet of dotted flavoured condom.”

She slapped coyly on the phone, “I will not let you touch me on the reception day.”

Sitavro teased her more, “I am going to pull out your saree as Duryodhan pulled from Draupadi.”

Her ears turned red, “I will scream then.”

“Everyone outside the room will be laughing. I am going to bang your brain till you faint in exhaustion.”

She enjoyed the naughty tease yet she feigned arrogance, “If you are going to talk like this then I am going downstairs.”

“Oh! Honey this is just a trailer.”

She softly scolded, “Trailer for what?”

“You are going to have a sleepless night tonight so I was trying to make you wet. I will come in your dreams and would play with your beautiful figure until you scream and ask me to hammer you.”

She scolded playfully to him, “You scoundrel, stop that. I am already feeling something creeping all over my body. By the way, before honeymoon you are not going to touch me.”

“Ok darling. By the way next week I am having a party, please sneak out on some pretext and we will enjoy.”

“Ok I will try to sneak out somehow.”

Just then, Sanghamitra’s mother, Piyali called her, “Jhinuk come down, your choto mama (younger maternal uncle) has come.”

She kissed the receiver, “Ummm... Bye for now, Ma is calling me down.” She hurried downstairs to meet her relative.

Her younger sister Sarmistha teased her, “Didi you are blushing like an apple I am sure Sitavro da was teasing you again.”

She gave soft scolding to her sister, “Shut up Jhilik.” She asked her mother, “Why have you called me? What happened?”

Piyali looked at her elder daughter’s crimson cheeks and softly scolded, “Naughty girl, so impatient. Go and change your dress first, wear something modest. Your choto mama has arrived with some of his friends.”

She was wearing a slacks and a top so she hurried to her room to change to something modest. The house was rumbling with the preparation of her wedding. Piyali was busy in the kitchen monitoring the maids who were preparing food for the guests. Jhilik came inside the kitchen and hugged her mother playfully.

Piyali asked her, “What happened what do you want now?”

Jhilik whispered to her mother, “I have a request.”

“What request?”

“I want to invite my best friend to my sister’s wedding.”

“Yes, you can invite Dipanwita; I see no problem in inviting your friends.”

She pleaded to her mother, “No Ma, I want to invite her family also. Please visit their house and her family also.”

Her mother returned a soft smile as she recollected her bosom friend, “Ok, where do they live?”

Jhilik answered, “Ma, she lives in Dhakuria.”

Upon hearing the name of the place, Piyali turned to her daughter. Suddenly her heart inundated with old memoirs. Once she had a bosom friend who used to live at Dhakuria. Time and tide passed for twenty-six years, she does not know about her whereabouts.

She smiled at her daughter and said, “Tomorrow I will be going out for shopping with your sister so while returning we can go to their house and invite them. Inform your friend in advance that we will be coming tomorrow evening.”

Jhilik hugged her mother tightly and kissed her cheek, “My sweet Ma.”

She handed the tray with teacups and snacks and asked her daughter to give the tray to Jhinuk. In the mean time, Jhinuk changed her dress and came to the kitchen.

Jhinuk asked her sister, “How many of your friends are coming?”

Jhilik answered, “Only one till now.”

Piyali looked at her elder daughter from head to toe and said, “Your wedding is near you should dress modest all the time. Anytime any guests could arrive and you naughty girls don’t change.”

Both the sisters were very close although they had an age difference of seven years but Jhinuk loved her sister more than anything in the world. They used to share everything even their intimate secrets. Both the sisters were carbon copy of each other only difference was their age. Jhinuk was twenty-three and completed her MBA in HR few months back while Jhilik was in her final year in the school.

The next day, Piyali went out for shopping along with her two daughters. Shopping for wedding is a mammoth task and when three ladies goes out then it is a uphill task for the shopkeeper to satisfy them. It took hours to buy few sarees and dress material for her daughters. Jhilik was getting restless, as she was excited to go to her friend's house. Every now and then, she poked her mother as when they would be going.

It was late afternoon when their car reached Dhakuria. As the car entered the locality of her daughter's friend's residence, Piyali got startled. Twenty-six years ago, her bosom friend lived there. She lost her breath and was speechless when their car stopped in front of the residence, the very residence her friend lived. Her heart was thumping like a drum inside her chest. Her vision dampened as she recognised the mansion. Both the girls asked Piyali the reason of welling eyes. She was on the verge of breaking down but she controlled the sudden surge of old memoirs.

She wiped the corner of her eyes and asked Jhilik, "What is the name of your friend's mother?

Jhilik was unaware of that so she asked in return, "I don't know Ma but why are you asking this?

She kept quiet for few moments and answered, I cannot tell you until I meet the person.

They entered the house. Jhilik's friend Diya came running to greet them. Both the girls looked very happy. Piyali looked at Diya; she looked exactly like her father, Niladri. She looked around the drawing room, an old picture of young Ambalika clasping little Ambarish was kept on a mantelpiece. There were few other pictures of Ambalika and her family. She looked at those pictures with a amazement, for the first time she felt that the world is really round. Piyali kissed Diya on her cheek and asked about her mother.

Diya called her mother, who was busy in some house chores. As soon as Ambalika entered the drawing room, her feet got riveted to the floor. The person standing in front of her was none other than her bosom friend, Piyali. Ambalika bit her lips; a sudden surge of emotion flooded her heart. Their eyes were flooded and both the women lost their ability of speech. Ambalika hugged Piyali close to her bosom. She forgot that their children were gazing at them in bewilderment. The children were unable to fathom as why their mothers were crying.

After sometime, Ambalika playfully patted on Piyali's cheek and asked, How are you? She wiped her friend's cheek and softly sobbed, "I never thought that I would meet you again.

Piyali's thought raced back to the day her friend left Kolkata. She asked Ambalika, Why you left me? I was heartbroken on my wedding day, my eyes were sore neither you nor Niladri was by my side.

Amba smiled and took Piyali’s hand in hers, "I am sorry dear but I promise not to leave you again.

Piyali introduced her daughters to Ambalika. Both the girls touched her feet. Piyali said that she had come to invite for her eldest daughter, Sanghamitra's wedding. Jhinuk sat beside her mother; she understood that her had mother found her long lost friend. Ambalika requested them to stay and Piyali kept her request. Diya was very happy that her friend was going to stay for the night. After Niladri returned from office, he was also amazed to see their old friend. There was an ambience of festivity in the house. The children mingled among themselves. Diya was busy showing her room and chirping with Jhilik.

After dinner was over two friends sat down in the drawing room. Ambalika said that Niladri waited for her for seven years and found her in Ranchi where she went away. They returned to Kolkata and they got married. Piyali asked Ambalika about her eldest son. Everyone was bit astonished to hear her query but Ambalika knew that Piyali was asking about Ambarish. Ambalika told that Little Rishu has grown up and after completing MS in orthopaedics, he was a resident doctor in AIIMS. They visit him very often so he rented a flat in CR Park. She also informed that he was a bachelor. She gave full liberty to all her children to choose their life partner but same time also cautioned them to judge the person before taking any decision.

Piyali said that the day Ambalika left Kolkata she was heartbroken. Her eyes were sore on her wedding day as her best friend was not by her side. Her husband, Somesh is a mining engineer and was posted at Raniganj then. After their marriage, Piyali moved to Raniganj. Somesh got promotion as a senior manager and he was transferred to Kolkata in Coal India five years back. After coming to Kolkata, they bought a flat in Saltlake. Talking about her eldest daughter, Sanghamitra, she said that her daughter completed MBA in HR and chosen her life partner by herself. Jhinuk’s fiancée, Sitavro belongs to a business family and he helps his father in his business. Somesh opposed the alliance at first. He was not much opposed to the love marriage but he opposed to have alliance with a business family, as they tend to weigh the life with money. Her daughter was adamant to marry Sitavro and after much persuasion and war of words, they gave their consent in their marriage. The marriage had to be solemnised quickly as per Jhinuk’s in laws request.

During the discussion regarding marriage preparation, Piyali said that they were unable to find a big place for their ceremony, as they would be having about six hundred to seven hundred guests. Niladri came to the rescue, as he knew several builders and contractors. He took the responsibility to arrange for a banquet. Both the women were very much happy and the reunion was a mushy one.

One evening Diya asked her mother, “Ma, when is Rishu going to get married?”

Both the cubs always addressed their uncle by the name their mother calls him. Since childhood, they heard their mother to call him Rishu and they felt not to change that and Rishu also cherished when those puerile foals addressed him by his name rather than naming a relation. He felt close to his heart every time those foals called him by his name.

She gave a sleek smile to her daughter and said, “Ask him about that.”

Diya gave a sullen look to her mother and said, “Jhinuk Didi is getting married at the age of twenty-three. Rishu is a dumb head; he is thirty and still a bachelor. Why don’t we call Rishu to Jhinuk Didi’s wedding?”

Ambalika softly scolded her daughter, “He came home during Puja vacation he will not get any leave now. By the way give him a call and see whether he has eaten his dinner or not.”

Diya answered her mother, “No, he is still sleeping. I called him an hour ago and left sms on his phone. He has got night duty this week.”

Both the children were very close to their beloved uncle. Whenever Rishu used to come home, he used to be with his nephew and niece for whole day. Wherever he used to go, he took them in his tow. If it were possible, he would have carried them always on his shoulder. They would go berserk in presence of Rishu and no one had the ability to touch those foals in his presence. When Deep was a little cub he used to sleep on his stomach and Diya used to sleep on his arms. The children did grow up but when Rishu was at home, then they slept with Rishu. Once Diya fell down from stairs and sprained her ankle. Rishu just returned from hospital after a hard days of work. Diya called her uncle and wept that she sprained her ankle. Rishu boarded the earliest flight available and was beside Diya. He cannot stand the thought that any evil could touch his nephew or niece.

Diya shifted herself to her friend’s home and Ambalika used to visit Piyali’s house every day after her school. Both the families were back again and the arrangement for the wedding took a faster pace. Gradually the house filled with guests and started rumbling. Everyone was busy and most them were busy doing nothing. Children were running up and down, few elders gossiped about the ill effects of love marriage. Whole atmosphere was jubilant.

Jhinuk had Diya and Jhilik beside her every moment. Every now and then Jhilik hugged her sister, she felt a void in her heart. The same happened with Jhinuk, at times she used to get absent minded to leave her parents and fly away from the nest like a bird. Same time Jhinuk was happy that she was getting united with her love.

It was late autumn and the weather was getting chill day by day. The sky was cobalt blue bereft of any dark clouds. Cold winds were blowing from north and the misty mornings had tiny dewdrops on the grass blades. Jhinuk was in a jubilant mood, Sitavro asked her to meet. She had to sneak out, as her parents would not allow her to go out on the eve of wedding. After lunch, she sneaked out of her house on a pretext of going to her friend’s house.

The sun went down the west horizon; the house became jubilant with each passing moment. It was only three days before Jhinuk’s wedding. The final countdown started and Ambalika and Piyali were busy in discussing some important matters of wedding. Diya, Deep and Jhilik were busy among themselves. Everyone was busy in some work but the bride was not present. After sometime Piyali asked her daughter about the whereabouts of Jhinuk. Jhilik knew that her sister went to meet Sitavro however, she lied to her mother that she had gone to her friend’s house. Jhinuk’s father got agitated and started to growl about the insensitivity of his eldest daughter. Both the parents were restless when Jhinuk did not return home after sundown. He called his daughter on her mobile but there was no answer. He spoke to his wife regarding that and Piyali was worried to know that her daughter was not answering. They called Sitavro also, but to their dismay, his phone was also switched off. Everyone of the family was very much worried about her. Piyali started crying and Ambalika tried to pacify. Somesh started growling like a wounded tiger. With each passing minute, dark clouds seem to descend on the jubilant ambience of the house.

Continued.....
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:54 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:12 PM