Adultery Fervor Regained by pinuram-Completed
Chapter 1. Mater Dolorosa. (#2)

Ambalika never celebrated her birthday but she never forgot to celebrate Rishu's birthday. She was in the kitchen preparing food for kids she invited on that evening. She decorated the drawing room of that rented apartment with papers, balloons and ribbons. Rishu returned from school with dust in head and hands. He knew that he would get a good thrashing from his sister for tearing the shoes. That was the second pair of shoe she bought for him that month. He ran inside and hugged his sister from back.

The touch of that puerile foal melted her soul, "How is my birthday boy today? Did you distribute the sweets among your friends?

Yes Didibhai. There is good news also; I came first in the essay competition." He showed her the plaque that he received.

She hugged him close to her bosom and kissed his chubby cheeks, "That's my boy, so you want a special present this time?

He threw his arms around her neck and hid his face in her bosom, "Abhishek tore my shoe.

She patted his cheek and softly scolded, "I warned you not to fight with others. If you don't obey to what I say then you will not get any present.

He rubbed his little nose on her cheek, "Didibhai, they started calling me names so I hit Abhishek with my shoe.

She got furious on hearing that, "I warned you several times that hitting someone with shoe is bad habit. Never ever, hit anyone with shoes. If you have anything to complain, tell your teacher. This is the last warning, Rishu.

He held his ears and said, Sorry, Didibhai.

She ruffled his hair and said, Now run to bathroom and clean yourself. In no time, your friends and other guest will arrive. I have brought a new dress for you do wear that.

He wore the new dress after coming out of the bathroom. On every birthday, he received a bunch of picture postcards from different parts of the world. Sometime the leaning tower of Pisa or green Congo basin or Eiffel tower of Paris or Paneantheon of Rome. Ambalika secretly wrote all those and told Rishu that mom and dad still remembers him. He kept those letters away never asked about parents. Few hours later all of his friends arrived and his birthday was celebrated with much joy and pomp.

After the birthday party was over, Rishu was busy in opening the gifts and Ambalika was busy in cleaning the house. Just then, the doorbell rang. Ambalika requested Rishu to open the door. She asked from the kitchen as who was there at the door. Rishu could not recognise the person, but ushered him inside. The person ruffled his silky hair and handed a big present in his hand.

The person knelt down in front of him and asked, “How are you?”

He looked at his face and called for his sister, “Didibhai some has come with a big present.”

Ambalika entered the drawing room and her feet got riveted on the floor as she saw the person. Her strong frame stiffened with the sight of him, she forgot to speak. A huge tempest hit her heart. She thought she was able to evade her love, Niladri, however she was wrong.

Niladri asked her, "How are you, Amba?

She stood dumbfounded to hear her pet name after seven long years. She asked him, "What are you doing here?

He smiled and joked, "I was passing by and saw that there is a birthday party. So I came to wish the birthday boy.

Her eyes welled up; she bit her lips to control her overflowing emotion, "How you found us?

He took Rishu in his lap and walked toward Ambalika. Her heart thumped hard inside her chest. He whispered in her ears, "How can I forget you, Amba. You left Kolkata without a trace. I asked Piyali and your relatives to know your whereabouts but you left everyone in dark.

She shook as if a twig caught in tempest. The reminiscence of the old days flooded her mind. She gathered herself and asked him, So you have come to see as how we are? You must be married by now. How is your wife?”

Niladri gave a pale smile, “I don’t know how she is because she has not answered my question yet.”

She understood that he waited for her for seven long years, “I left so that you have a life of your own. Why didn’t you marry?”

Rishu was looking at Niladri’s face and his sister face with bewilderment. He could not understand anything as what they were talking.

Niladri held Rishu close and said, “I have come to take you home.”

She called her brother toward her, "This is my home now, Niladri.

Rishu gave a bewildered look at Niladri and asked, "Who are you?

Ambalika answered instead, "Rishu, he is a friend of mine.

He asked his sister, “Are we going somewhere?”

She looked at Niladri who gave her a pleading look. She said to Rishu, "I don’t know dear.

Niladri persuaded Ambalika to return to Kolkata, her hometown she left seven years ago. She said that she had no place to live in Kolkata. He kept a constant smile on his face without divulging much to her. After much persuasion, she agreed to go to Kolkata with him. That night they did not sleep, they kept on talking, recalling their courtship days, the moments they spent together under the bright sun and twinkling stars, walked hand in hand beside the river Ganges, sat quietly under trees in Botanical Garden. He asked her about the life after she left Kolkata. She told him that she was happy to see Rishu grow up. She felt light hearted after long time to find her old life once again.

They returned to Kolkata after few days. Instead of going to Niladri’s house, he took her to her old house that she sold away. Ambalika was astonished when she stood in front of her house. The walls were freshly painted; the garden was trimmed and full of flowers just like before. She opened the door and stepped inside. The ground floor was empty. That was her father’s chamber where he used to practice. The table and chair and the apparatus were missing but she felt his presence all over. Rishu was bewildered, as he remembers nothing of that house where he was born. She climbed the stairs and was astonished to find the first floor to be same. Her eyes welled, a drop of tear trickled down her cheek. She entered her room and was astonished to find the same type of bed but a new one, the same type of furniture she had in her room. She sat on the bed and touched the walls and curtains. Rishu asked his sister as why she was crying. She hugged him and told him everything. It was the house where they were born; that was the floor on which he crawled; with the help of those walls and her hand he took his first step there and his juvenile babble brought back her life. She could not understand as how Niladri made all that possible, she gave a bewildered look at him. He stood behind her watching them. She asked him how he did that.

Niladri’s vision was also dampened; he wiped the corner of his eye and came near her, “Are you happy?”

Her heart was filled with dilemma, “I don’t know whether I should be happy or sad. I left all these for our better future. Why you came back to my life to haunt me?”

He took her palm in his hand and knelt at her feet, “Amba, you are my shadow and I am your reflection. What made you think that I will leave you in lurch to dwell in this world alone? If Rishu is the apple of your eye then he is a part of me also. I know you were in dilemma as our conjugal life may come as a hindrance between you and your brother. I am not asking for any extra attention from you just let me stand beside you in a gloomy day. This time please don’t say no.”

She smiled nodded to accept his proposal. She asked him, “But first you have to tell me how you found me.”

Niladri answered, “I asked you to wait for my answer but you did not. I persuaded my parents and they understood our situation. Rishu was an important part of our lives. I understood the reason why you left. You wanted to give a better life to Rishu and wanted me to marry with someone else. However, I loved you and could not forget you. The day you left was a black letter day for me. I went to Piyali, hoping that she knows where you have gone. However, you did not divulge your plan to anyone. I came here only to find that the house was sold off to some builder and they were going to tear down and build an apartment. I could not stand that a palace like this that bears so many memoirs, should be brought down; so I took some loan and bought the house. I bought all these furniture that were present in your house and slowly remade the house to its lost glory. However, the palace walls lamented as the prince and princess was not there. I began searching for you. I asked your relatives but they were in dark about your whereabouts. With each passing day, my search went in vain. I did not lost the hope so I even went to relatives of your mother. Every day the old memoirs haunted me.”

“Day after day my hope went dim; my parents pestered me to forget you. They started searching for a bride for me, but I managed to evade them. A year after you left, Piyali got married and she moved to another city. After that, we lost contact. She was very hurt and broken on her wedding day. She dreamt that both of us would be beside her on her wedding. Without you, I could not attend her wedding. Then I went to the hospital where uncle worked. I thought that you might take help of any of your father’s old friend. From there I contacted all of his friends still no one knew about your location. At last, I gave advertisement in newspaper, hoping someday someone will respond. I moved to nearby cities and advertise in those local newspapers however my search hit wall every time. Every night I prayed to God to give me one chance to see you. Hope was not lost after all. I came to Ranchi for a business assignment and almighty heard my prayers. That day morning I was going to the site when I saw Rishu going to school. I recognised him from his chubby cheek and his eyes. You and Rishu have the same eyes. I forgot my work and waited in front of his school for the whole day. I did not want to lose a single chance. When his school was over, I followed him here. I recollected that it was his birthday so I went back and bought a present. I waited outside your house till all the guests were gone and thus how I found my heartbeat back.”
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 12:54 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:12 PM
RE: Fervor Regained by pinuram - by Ramesh_Rocky - 08-01-2019, 01:25 PM