Adultery Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak-COMPLETED
Chapter-13

Anitya: 7th day in hospital

Doctors have finally permitted us to visit Sumit. Although we have been regularly visiting hospital every day, it was the first time; I will be facing Sumit again. I was filled with dread and anxiety. The trauma was too recent for all of us.

When I heard what Sumit had done I was completely filled with disbelief. It was so strange. I could not fathom, as to why he would do such a thing. I mean, he did not appear to be overtly emotional about relations (except me). It came as a real shock; to me as well as Siddharth. This news sent him into a shell for the initial 4 day, during the time that we all had mentally steeled ourselves to receive the bad news. But, once it was evident that Sumit would live, Siddharth regained his cheerfulness and attended hospital tirelessly; though he himself was not fully fit. To me, it appeared that somewhere he was blaming himself for this. Why should he do that?

Today morning, I discussed with Siddharth and voiced my unease over meeting Sumit. I was also worried about the repercussions that it could have but Siddharth was adamant. He insisted that we meet him, in person. I wanted Karan's opinion but he had become useless in these matters. He had kind of become a permanent fixture in the hospital and all he could think about was the necessary arrangements to be made there. At the end, I insisted that I was not going in there all alone and Siddharth must be there with me. This was acceptable to him.

We reached the hospital at 11 am and finally we were ushered into his cabin. As I entered, the first thing that I saw was a bed in the corner and a frail dark body pasted on it. Where was the handsome and sexy man who had stolen my heart and ruled over my body? Was it this man who wooed me away from my husband and kept me enthralled with his magnificent prowess incessantly, for days together? Where was the man who would just pick me in his arms like a doll and pleasure me?

Here, all I looking at was a shadow left behind by death itself. A skeleton completely engulfed and ravaged by the torments of poison. Meant to take his life but brought back from the brink of death, miraculously. The death had been defeated but it had left indelible scars as vengeance. The man I was looking at was a caricature of life. There were dark patches all over the body, multiple bottles hanging and machines wailing signals. To me it appeared that a dark shadow was still hovering silently, lurking somewhere in the corner, waiting for the opportune moment to pounce.

The body shook its feeble hands and uttered a moan, looking around frantically. Avani who was preparing something, almost ran to him. He eagerly latched on to her hands as if she would prevent anyone, any darkness to snatch him away from her. Avani sat with him and he calmed down. He was like a child clutching to his mother, convinced that she would not let any harm come to him. At whatever cost.

Avani for the first time noticed our presence and waved us to come near. She put her face close to Sumit and mumbled something. He opened his eyes and looked at me for some time. A wan smile spread across his disfigured face and he murmured something that I could not catch. I looked questioningly at Avani. She said, He is saying thanks and he is saying sorry.

Sumit continued to look at me and Siddharth. He called us nearer and with great difficulty held both our hands. He continued to hold it for some time and then out of sheer exhaustion, loosened his grip and closed his eyes. A tear tracked down his blackened face.

We came out of the cabin.

Shobha: 7th day in hospital

I don't have time to even die!

If death comes, I will tell him, Wait na baba. Come later. I have to clean the house, cook; give children tiffin; take them to school bus; cook for madam and Karan bhaiyya; go to hospital; feed madam with force and come back to bring the children from the bus, give them food again and take them to hospital.

Today, they allowed me to see Sir. I felt like crying. What has happened to my Sir? I always thought something was wrong. Else why would he keep looking at the fan for hours and write long long letters. No one writes anything nowadays. When I want Nandan to come I write come now if I want milk, I write milk 500. In whatsapp. I have learnt English in whatsapp. Very good system.

After Sir comes back home, I will look after him. He will live. I am only worried about madam. If she does not eat, she will surely die. It is easy to feed the children than to her. I have to fight daily. Then yesterday, I said finally, I am leaving the job if you do not eat. Only then she eats, heehee.

Today Anitya madam had also come, looking very beautiful. Sona says, she was the one for whom the lafda started. Siddharth sir is so handsome and nice. Why she not happy with him. Everybody likes other things. Nandan likes movies in computer, very bad ones; but I like Bahubali and Salman Khan Movie. Like that.

Sometimes Sona used to say that I should be careful with Sir. I tell Sona; I have no fear. Nobody can do anything to me if I refuse. Even Sir cannot force me if I don't want.

Okay, so Anitya madam went inside the cabin and came out after some time. She was totally white. I thought she will fall down. Then Siddharth sir made her sit, she was holding him and crying. Long time. Siddharth sir looking this side, that side, not knowing what to do. I got a cup of tea from the thermos and give to madam. She looks at me and tells me to sit with her. She tells me, you are very good, very good. How does she know? Mad or what? Then she says, you please look after your sir and madam , okay, promise? Why she tells me this? I take money, I will have to do everything, na?

Then Karan sir comes. There is a madam (very smart) with him, scolding him. Like I do to Nandan.

I go to give food to madam. Today, she fights less. Sir also looks at me and raises his hands. Madam says, "stay for some time" but I have to go back home. Forgot to take out the kachda and bus will come.

I don't have time to die even.

Come now. I write to Nandan

Karan: 15th day in hospital

Shobha has taken over Sumit's house completely. She singlehandedly manages the children, their school and their food. She tirelessly flits between home and hospital. Avani is like a mannequin neither eating nor moving an inch from Sumit's bed. She could not come to terms with the fact that Sumit had actually decided to end his life as a form of repentance.

Anitya and Siddharth too visited the hospital regularly comforting Avani and looking after her smallest needs. Even they were shocked at the turn of events. I had to coax all of them to go back home. But, I could not persuade Avani. She would want me around and I was there for the maximum time.

Meanwhile a lady visited Sumit on Sunday. Her name was Keya. She was the lawyer for Sumit. She was smart, efficient and had grey eyes that did very funny things to my heart.

Since both Sumit and Avani were out of circulation, the responsibility of communicating with her fell on me. We met a number of times in the hospital cafeteria. She was the typical no-nonsense type girl and grilled me on various things as if I was a criminal. I felt like running away but then she had eyes that were bothering me to no end. They always stopped me from running away.

From her it transpired that Sumit had consolidated all his assets including his gym into liquid cash and left it all to Avani in a Will. Keya had drawn the Will and had done the paperwork. She was unhappy with some of the provisions but Sumit had prevailed. He had confided into her fully, except his final and ulterior step. She was furious at this deception and took out her anger on me. She wanted all the answers from me. My inability to do so due to lack of knowledge made her angrier. She looked at me as if her eyes would burn me down but to me they always looked like peaceful lakes. I was hopeless.

Sumit regained his health somewhat and it was time for us to move back to our respective lives. There were a few formalities that were necessary with the security officer and the matter was sorted out.

Finally, Sumit was discharged from the hospital after 15 days and all 7 of us were present including Keya. It was around 12 pm. Siddharth's car had place for only 5. There was confusion.

So, Keya said, You all move, I will drop Karan in the evening.

Why evening? Shall I take an auto? I enquired.

The volcanic eyes turned towards me.

Stupid! She murmured.

The End
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
[+] 2 users Like Ramesh_Rocky's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak - by Ramesh_Rocky - 06-01-2019, 12:34 PM