Adultery Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak-COMPLETED
Chapter-8

Anitya looked at her. She looked at this brave woman who was fighting the world against such serious obstacles. One who has been wronged but hasn't lost hope and is forgiving. Anitya wondered, how could she do it? She has lost everything but is not breaking down. She could not help but admire her. She fleetingly felt that though her own role in Avani's condition was enormous, Avani was not bitter about it. Anitya just couldn't understand it. She looked at her again but she was already deep in sleep.

She put off the lights and came out. Siddharth and Karan were sitting as they have been the entire evening. It appeared as if a huge quake had shattered everything, all over again. The tornado had reappeared. Their beliefs and their ideas had been thoroughly decimated. They had no idea that how their indiscretions would adversely affect so many lives. Avani lost her family. The children lost their mother. Siddharth almost lost his life and Anitya's parents were still not fully recovered from their emotional trauma.

With a heavy heart Siddharth and Anitya entered their bedroom. Both had been shaken and there was no solution in sight. Siddharth tenderly embraced Anitya and said, Let's have a baby and start fresh. Anitya cried and hid her face on Siddharth's shoulder. They sat together in the dark for long. Time appeared to have stopped. Suddenly, their door opened, it was Karan. He said softly, Are you awake? I need both of you to come.

They could not understand anything. Nevertheless, they came out and Karan silently pointed towards Avani's room. They could hear muffled sounds. They silently entered the room. Avani was lying on her side facing the wall. Her whole body was wrecked in agony, sobbing relentlessly. Her self-control had ended once she was alone. Her body was shaking and she was inconsolable. From a distance she looked weak and defenceless. They stood, but did not know what to do. Finally, Anitya moved to her bed and sat with her. Sensing someone, Avani sat up, looked around and was embarrassed. Her restraint had failed her. She hurriedly tried to control her tears but they won't relent. Embracing her strongly Anitya whispered to her, Cry Avani, cry. If there is anyone who deserves it, it's you. Avani too held her and she cried.

She looked so vulnerable. Like a small child. These six months had taken their toll and the tears won't stop. After what seemed an eternity, she controlled herself and said, You know Anitya. I used to visit my children every week and take them out. But slowly they stopped enjoying being with me. I couldn't take them to expensive places or afford food and gifts that their father could. After all, they are too small to understand but I could sense their disappointment. A few times I took them to my room, they were bored. Slowly, I reduced my visits. Yesterday after one long month, I arranged to take them out but Sumit arranged their visit to the water park. He asked me to come too. I was angry on Sumit. I insisted that the children should come with me. Sumit agreed. But the children refused. My son said that he didn't want to have pav bhaji or dosas anymore. Not their fault, their choice was between a rich father and poor mother. They have chosen rightly.

Avani continued to sob and said, Anitya, I must tell you something. In six months, I had the best meal in your place. Thanks. This day with you, I will cherish forever.

For the first time, Siddharth came forward and said, Anitya, I want to ask you something. This evening has been opened my eyes, for me whatever I thought was right has been proved wrong. I seldom thought that my actions could ever have any other effect than what I desired. I never could see anything laterally. I asked you to let us have a baby. I honestly thought that the seed of love that we will plant will bloom and bind us forever, in an eternal bond that no one would ever break. But tell me Anitya, can that baby erase all that we have done. Can it eliminate the pain that we have inflicted, unknowingly? We need to think and do things for our own future otherwise it will come back to haunt us again and again. There will be no respite, no let up and no reprieve, if we fail to do what we should do now. Will you help me, Anitya?

Anitya looked at Siddharth, unable to comprehend.

Siddharth looked at Avani and said, Avani. Could you please give us an opportunity to be your parent figure; to look after you as one looks after a daughter; and to comfort you and make you safe? I am not good at saying things but I want to say something from a song I love that I will be your father figure and I have had enough of crime, I will be the one who loves you, till the end of time. We can dare not be your friend any more. We don't believe ourselves as to what we might do again and Anitya, I wish to postpone the birth of our baby for some time.

Anitya looked dreamily at Siddharth and squeezed his hand affectionately.

Karan came forward and hugged everyone, his eyes smiling.

Avani looked at them and burst out crying.

The light of the dawn seeped in through the windows.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
[+] 1 user Likes Ramesh_Rocky's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak - by Ramesh_Rocky - 05-01-2019, 12:46 PM