Adultery Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak-COMPLETED
Chapter-5

There was a dead silence all over, the atmosphere had changed suddenly.

After some time Anitya said, I have made a decision.

Siddharth was alarmed, What?

Anitya kept quiet for a while and then dropped the bombshell, Today, in presence of Avani, I want to speak of everything, I. Avani was thunderstruck, Anitya, you don't have to. Please. No! Anitya looked at Avani directly in her eyes, No Avani, I have to do it, I must. Will you be my courage? Will you speak with me?

I can't, Avani wailed, I can't, she whispered and Siddharth came forward, Yes, we must, let today be our day of reckoning. Avani pleaded again, No Siddharth, I don't want to know; even you don't want to know. The truth is too harsh, it can only hurt, spare me Siddharth and spare yourself.

Everyone had become emotional but it was Karan who interjected, Look, I have no rights to say anything but I think it should better be out than in and its high time that you are able to handle unpalatable truths. If it's not done today, it will have to be done some other time and it may then be more painful.

Anitya said, It's painful, I agree and I have thought about it for the last six months. I have realised that for a long time we were only bothered with ourselves. Our happiness, our jealousies and our pain. We had our small little perversions that our own fertile minds had created. Somewhere we just lost track of others who were equal stakeholders in this. We just ignored them to suit our own small conveniences. Today, it has suddenly become clear that we owe explanations to many more and most of all to you, Avani.

Siddharth intervened, She is right; I think we not only need to speak about us but also know how you were affected. Till today, I thought that we two have been hurt but now I am certain that I was wrong.

Avani kept quiet.

Suddenly it was found that initiating this conversation was no easy task. Who would initiate it? Again, it fell upon Karan. He looked at Avani and said, Why don't you stay anymore with Sumit, what happened?

Avani said, When Anitya came to our house that night, I at once knew that something was wrong. I also knew that she wouldn't have come in that rain, unless something was grossly amiss. But more than being concerned about her, my own survival instinct had taken over. I had just moved back and was trying my best for a reconciliation. The first thought that crossed my mind was that our own fragile relationship would shatter if I allowed Anitya to meet Sumit. So, I prevented her meeting Sumit and wanted her to leave. At that point in time, she really needed him but I got selfish and I turned her away. Anitya left and I felt relieved. But once she was gone, I wasn't sure what I would tell Sumit. Maybe, she would call him up and I wouldn't be able to explain to Sumit, what I did. I kept awake and worrying the whole night.

Next day, Sumit was near normal and did not ask anything. I was surprised but relieved. Obviously, he did not have any information. But my panic returned and I was constantly dreading Sumit's return from the office or any call. Over the next seven days Sumit too remained disturbed and fidgety. He would constantly ring someone but he would not get through. During these days, I was making real efforts to be a good wife and trying my best to keep him in good humour. It appeared to me that the worst was over.

Finally, one day, he returned from his office clutching a package. He seemed to be in real distress. Somehow, I felt that this had something to do with her. Seeing him in that state I felt guilty and in the evening, I finally told him about Anitya's visit. I apologised but he said nothing. He went back to his bedroom.

Next morning, he came down for breakfast and sat down. As I served him, he calmly told me that he needed to discuss things with me. I was anxious but he did not show any anger. He said that he was very disappointed with what I had done and all levels of trust and faith between us had finally collapsed. He explained that he had given me ample opportunity to start afresh but I had been most irresponsible, selfish and hidden facts from him that I should have been communicated to him immediately. At the end, he said with some sadness that I must leave his house as soon as possible.

Anitya was stunned but Karan was enraged, And you didn't say anything?

Avani said, Yes, I did, I tried to explain but nothing worked. Somehow, I too realised that there was no point in pursuing it. He had decided and it was final. I thought about the children but felt that they would be looked after better here. So, I re-packed the bag I had brought a week back and as I was going out Sumit told me that he would support me financially and I could visit the children whenever I wished.

For the first time, I felt that I should say something. I said, Sumit, I have enough money and I can look after myself. Don't worry about me. Look after the kids because they may miss me and thank you for letting me see them sometimes. And I left.

Anitya said, We had heard about your boyfriend. He must have got surprised when you moved back.

Avani laughed, Okay, thats interesting. But you may be surprised to know that there is no boyfriend. There never was. When I had left the house for the first time, I had stayed with my parents at Thane. But it was not comfortable because they were themselves unhappy about my moving out and they felt that I was being a poor mother to the children.

Siddharth finally asked, But, why did you leave him earlier. All through it we had felt that you had unilaterally left him and we felt sympathetic towards Sumit.

Avani said, Siddharth. You are not wrong. I was being difficult because I was losing him. The writing was on the wall and I was desperate. Girls flocked to him but I was his wife. I knew about his affairs because girls were like moths attracted to fire. And he adored the attention, openly. Still, I knew that he would come back to me if I put pressure. And, he always did.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
[+] 1 user Likes Ramesh_Rocky's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak - by Ramesh_Rocky - 05-01-2019, 12:29 PM