Adultery Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak-COMPLETED
Chapter-3

Their arrival had been noticed. While Anitya was paying the cab, Avani was getting the bags down. Someone was coming down the stairs to help them out with the bags. It was Karan sporting a wide grin. Karan's presence and body language immediately instilled a quiet confidence in Anitya. Anitya's predicament ended there. After all it was her house and she had a guest.

By now, Avani was ill at ease and her feet were laden. But Karan effortlessly eased the atmosphere and picked up the bags joking about its weight and remarking as to whether anything has at all been left behind in the Mall for others to buy or not. Internally, Karan was relieved that Anitya had finally shown inclination towards normalcy but he was a little surprised at the guest whom he did not know. But he hid his surprise well and welcomed Avani with equal sincerity. All of them were in the living room.

Now came the difficult part, Anitya had to introduce Avani and Karan knew about her well enough. He was aware of the nights happenings. However, Anitya faced the situation bravely and introduced Avani as Sumit's wife and a good friend. For a moment, Karan was stumped but recovered quickly. He spontaneously shook hands with Avani exclaiming, Hey, I know you, Anitya's been telling me about you. Great to have you here. This put Avani at ease and she too responded warmly. Anitya explained to Karan about the unexpected meeting with Avani at the Mall. She suddenly remembered that Avani hadn't purchased anything and asked her about it. Avani smiled and replied that she had just reached the Mall and found Anitya struggling with her bags and as things unfolded she completely forgot about her own purchases. Karan joked and said, “Why should you slog? Let the man do some household jobs. Avani smiled, she was enjoying the banter. Anitya said that the Avani's children were at the water park with their father and home responsibilities were conveniently left to the lady of the house.

The general atmosphere was light and it's then Siddharth entered. He had come out of his room hearing the voices and directly came face to face with Avani. Suddenly, there was a hush and no one knew what to say. Least of all, Anitya. Even Karan fell silent. Avani looked at Siddharth and hugged him. Siddharth was initially hesitant but at the end reciprocated. Avani looked sad and said, Siddharth, I never knew about your accident or I would have definitely come earlier. I did not mean to barge in like this but when Anitya offered I couldn't refuse. I am really sorry. But Gods been kind, you're looking good. Siddharth was overwhelmed by Avani's sincere words, I don't know why should you care about me, I don't deserve it, he said meekly. Avani was tearful, haltingly she said, That's wrong Siddharth, you deserve it the maximum, of all of us, but I won't embarrass you any more, I must be on my way. She then moved to Anitya and held her hand and gave a light kiss on her forehead and whispered, Thank you so very much for this opportunity, thank you. Recovering a bit, Avani walked to Karan, looked in his eyes and said sternly, You got to take care of these two, will you, or won't you? And now, can you find me an auto. Karan smiled and said, Surely I would get you an auto but after you have had dinner with us. As such no one is at your home. Whats the hurry? The cloud completely blew over. Taking cue from Karan's words both Siddharth and Anitya requested Avani to stay back, in unison. Avani's voice was choked; she couldn't voice it but nodded her head in affirmation and looked towards Karan. He too nodded his head.

Life raises its amazing head when you expect it the least. Out of the blue, a set of events unfolds itself whose course can seldom be predicted. Suddenly, the routine life that appears to have halted gets a boost and jerks itself forward. Every small incident has the potential to emerge as a prospect. An opportunity of hope and an occasion to rebuild relations. Sadly, the opportunities are lost and sometimes it goes unrecognized, because of human errors and tribulations. It's the human mind and its alacrity that recognizes the seed and allows it to bloom. Otherwise, it simply withers away.

Why did Anitya go to the Mall and why did she meet Avani there? How and why was it timed such? Avani had no reason to talk to Anitya; rather she should have avoided it, given the past experiences. Animosity between the two of them would have been appropriate but there was more of sadness and understanding. Life teaches us to be expedient that draws a circle of possibilities without necessarily dwelling on the past. Unseemly happenings of the past often teach us lessons of practicality and tolerance.

Avani raised her hand, Can I cook for you all?

Karan too raised his hand, Can I help?
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
[+] 2 users Like Ramesh_Rocky's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak - by Ramesh_Rocky - 05-01-2019, 12:14 PM