Adultery Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak-COMPLETED
Chapter-2:

In one sudden turn, Anitya was cartwheeled back to that fateful night when she had rushed into Sumit's house only to find Avani there. The torrential rain that lashed that night was as forceful as was her own emotional upheaval. That night, it was Avani and her family that was preserved. Anitya had left, shamed and shattered, her life all but destroyed.

Anitya was re-living her agony again. For the last six months, they'd barely ever discussed about Sumit and Avani. Thanks to Karan, life was looking up, albeit slowly and she was feeling a sense of general contentment peeking through. Now, the predicament had resurfaced. What should she do? What was expected of her?

Avani sensed Anitya's discomfiture. People are looking at us, let us sit somewhere, said Avani. Anitya nodded silently. There was a Cafe-Day outlet nearby. They lugged the bags and found an empty two seat table. The AC was effective and Anitya's initial panic had lessened a bit by now. Once she settled down, she looked at Avani. Frankly, Avani had occupied very little space in Siddharth's and Anitya's life during their involvement with Sumit. To both, she came across as an older, self-centred woman concerned only about her own happiness and moving in and out of Sumit's life. Anitya had felt seriously annoyed when Sumit had told them that she had moved out and staying with her boyfriend. Another occasion when she had met her in her home, she was aloof and moody. To make things worse, she had passed disparaging remarks about Anitya's dress and undergarments. Only one thing, that had stoked Anitya's curiosity was Avani's acceptance of public display of photographs of Sumit's former girlfriends. On that last night, she had also noticed Avani sporting short brown hair not unlike her own (and his other girlfriends!). That image made Anitya look up. Well, the short hair was now gone and looked a bit discoloured. But, the upturned corner of the lip still looked like a smirk as if ready to launch into some caustic remark. It was a bit surprising for Anitya to see Avani dressed very casually almost bordering on to disdain. Had it not been Avani, Anitya would have thought her dressing sense as shabby. She was slimmer, rather too slim. Sickly.

Coffee for you Anitya queried Avani. Anitya nodded. Avani brought two cappuccinos. They drank their coffee in silence. Both were uncomfortable. Finally, Avani gushed, I am really sorry about Siddharth's accident, I didn't know about it. I heard it from Sumit. Believe me, I felt really bad. Anitya looked up, not knowing how to respond. Avani continued, I am also very happy that you two are together once again. She paused and said weakly, I mean as you both should be. The silence once again became awkward. Anitya said, Yes, thanks. As an afterthought she added, You have grown your hair? The smirk returned and Avani said simply, I don't need to keep it that way any longer. It was more of a statement than an answer. That's true, Anitya thought, the matter was settled that night once and for all. How about the kids? Anitya asked. Avani looked disinterested, They are growing up, they are okay.& Avani's mobile rang, she picked up,Talk about kids, she said. Anitya could only hear what Avani said. It appeared that the children were at some water park with their father and they would return in the evening. Before Anitya could ask, Avani said that she had a lot of work to catch up with and so had to miss out on the outing.

They had finished their coffee and it was time to leave. Avani asked, How are you both doing? Has Siddharth joined office and what about yours? Anitya answered truthfully about Siddharths condition assuring that he should be fully fit to join office in about a months time and once that happens Anitya would decide about her own work space. Then suddenly on an impulse Anitya said, Avani, why don't you come to our place and look up Siddharth. I am sure he will be happy to see you. Of course, if you are busy, it's different. Avani looked uncertain but at the end she consented. The moment she agreed, Anitya was filled with uncertainty. She could not understand as to why did she invite her out of the blue. Somewhere during the time, they were together, Anitya had somehow found Avani not as intimidating as she had been earlier and so offered her the invitation. Still, she was in double minds. But the deed was done and accepted too.

Avani paid for the coffee in cash and they called an Uber. During the ride, both fell silent. While being seated side by side Anitya again could not, but be aware that Avani showed a degree of disinterest in her personal appearance and her dress sense but she didn't dare ask her about it. Maybe she would say, I don't need to do all that any longer The last thing Anitya needed was any more sarcasm.

The Uber ride was short and as her home approached Anitya was getting tense. An unknown dread was engulfing her and she had no avenues of escape. What would she say to Siddharth and what would be his reaction. Surely, just by looking at Avani, Siddharth could react violently. For the last six months, they had avoided any discussion on what happened in not too distant past. But now? She glanced towards Avani trying to detect tell-tale signs of stress on her face but there was nothing. Only a calmness that Anitya failed to decipher.

The home arrived, Avani turned towards Anitya and squeezed her hand and said softly, Maybe I shouldn't have come. And there was no smirk this time.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
[+] 2 users Like Ramesh_Rocky's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anitya and Siddharth, life beckons by Trambak - by Ramesh_Rocky - 05-01-2019, 12:07 PM