1 hour ago
(This post was last modified: 1 hour ago by SilverArrow. Edited 1 time in total. Edited 1 time in total.)
Chapter: **Quiet Coffee Shop – 7:30 p.m.**
Monica was already seated when Ranga walked in. She had chosen a corner table, away from the few remaining customers. When she saw him, she gave a small, polite smile
Ranga sat down. For a moment neither of them spoke. The memory of the cabin sat quietly between them, acknowledged but not named. Monica’s posture was composed, yet there was a faint self-consciousness in the way she tucked her hair behind her ear.
“I ordered for Black coffee for you,” Monica said. “Is that okay ?”
Ranga nodded “ Yes. .Thanks for that!”
Monica looked at him and asked straight “You met Deshmukh. I know that much. What happened?”
Ranga leaned back, the movement making the muscles in his shoulders stand out under his shirt. His tone was flat, almost casual.
“I threatened him.”
Monica’s eyebrows rose. A mix of surprise crossed her face.
“How? Where?”.
“I went to his house.”
She stared at him for a second, then gave a short, disbelieving breath that was almost a laugh.
“You actually went to his house?” She shook her Head. “Of course you did. Subtlety was never your strong point.” Then, quieter, more serious: “What next?”
Ranga turned the coffee cup slowly in his hands.
“He’s not a small man, Monica. He’s corrupt, yes, but he’s also politically connected. People above him listen when he talks. Threatening him once doesn’t end the matter.”
Monica leaned forward slightly, elbows on the table.
“I get that. But what is he telling?”
“Nothing clear,” Ranga said. “He’s trying to buy time. He knows I can make things uncomfortable for him, but he’s not the type who folds in one meeting. I’m still working on it.”
Monica sat back. A small line of worry appeared between her brows. She tapped a finger once against the side of her cup.
.
“Then what do we tell Mishra? He’s already talking about other buyers. If he thinks Deshmukh isn’t moving, he’ll start looking for options.”
Ranga gave a short, rough laugh.
“Deshmukh is a much tougher asshole than Mishra. Mishra is just a middle man! Deshmukh has actual weight behind him. I’ll handle the messaging to Mishra. You don’t need to worry about that part.”
Monica looked at him for a long moment. The café noise faded into the background. She was fully aware of the man sitting across from her — the same man who had bent her over a desk, stretched her open, and made her cum while she was still trying to hate it.
“Just don’t create a bigger problem than the one we already have,” she said. “We need this file cleared, not a war.”
Ranga met her eyes.
“I’m not here to start a war..” He paused and asked “ How is Rakesh’ s fever ?”
“ it’s somewhat better today, but still doctor tells to maintain very strict precautions ..and he is very weak and fatigued at the moment!” .
Ranga nodded “He will get better! And importantly how are you doing ?”
The question landed heavier than the ones before it. Monica held his gaze for a second, then looked down at her cup. When she spoke, her voice was calm.
“Let’s not talk about that day, Ranga. It’s behind us.”
He leaned back slightly, watching her.
.
“I just wanted to say don’t be so hard on yourself Monica.. I know you will be thinking why you did that with a history sheeter like me! Don’t lie you are still thinking the same Monica! But I’m sure that was the best sex both of us have had until now. You know it too.”
Monica’s cheeks warmed into sharp, sassy irritation.
“So what if it was?” she shot back, keeping her voice low. “Does that mean we will now fuck every day we meet? “
Ranga stayed completely calm.
“I never said that.”
Monica’s eyes narrowed, her tone turning sharper and more sarcastic.
“Then tell me clearly — what’s your next agenda? Book a hotel so you can fuck me the whole night, and after that you’ll deal with Deshmukh? Is that the plan? Say it straight.”
Ranga didn’t rise to the provocation. His voice remained steady and even.
“No. Calm down and listen fully ..I have a plan for Deshmukh”
“Okay go on “
“ I’m creating different political pressure on Deshmukh. Let’s not attack and fight against him so directly. Let him feel we are on his side. That’s the only plan. You can trust me on that.”
“I don’t know if that will work, but Let’s see”
Monica studied his face for a moment. The irritation slowly eased. She exhaled and gave a small nod, returning to her controlled, professional tone.
“Alright. Please keep me posted.”
Monica gathered her bag and stood. Ranga stood with her.
“It’s late,” he said. “I can drop you.”
Monica shook her head with a small, polite smile.
“I’ve already booked a cab. It’s on the way.”
They stood there for a second longer than necessary. Then Monica adjusted the strap of her bag and met his eyes
“Goodnight, Ranga saab”
“Goodnight, Monica.”
Monica was already seated when Ranga walked in. She had chosen a corner table, away from the few remaining customers. When she saw him, she gave a small, polite smile
Ranga sat down. For a moment neither of them spoke. The memory of the cabin sat quietly between them, acknowledged but not named. Monica’s posture was composed, yet there was a faint self-consciousness in the way she tucked her hair behind her ear.
“I ordered for Black coffee for you,” Monica said. “Is that okay ?”
Ranga nodded “ Yes. .Thanks for that!”
Monica looked at him and asked straight “You met Deshmukh. I know that much. What happened?”
Ranga leaned back, the movement making the muscles in his shoulders stand out under his shirt. His tone was flat, almost casual.
“I threatened him.”
Monica’s eyebrows rose. A mix of surprise crossed her face.
“How? Where?”.
“I went to his house.”
She stared at him for a second, then gave a short, disbelieving breath that was almost a laugh.
“You actually went to his house?” She shook her Head. “Of course you did. Subtlety was never your strong point.” Then, quieter, more serious: “What next?”
Ranga turned the coffee cup slowly in his hands.
“He’s not a small man, Monica. He’s corrupt, yes, but he’s also politically connected. People above him listen when he talks. Threatening him once doesn’t end the matter.”
Monica leaned forward slightly, elbows on the table.
“I get that. But what is he telling?”
“Nothing clear,” Ranga said. “He’s trying to buy time. He knows I can make things uncomfortable for him, but he’s not the type who folds in one meeting. I’m still working on it.”
Monica sat back. A small line of worry appeared between her brows. She tapped a finger once against the side of her cup.
.
“Then what do we tell Mishra? He’s already talking about other buyers. If he thinks Deshmukh isn’t moving, he’ll start looking for options.”
Ranga gave a short, rough laugh.
“Deshmukh is a much tougher asshole than Mishra. Mishra is just a middle man! Deshmukh has actual weight behind him. I’ll handle the messaging to Mishra. You don’t need to worry about that part.”
Monica looked at him for a long moment. The café noise faded into the background. She was fully aware of the man sitting across from her — the same man who had bent her over a desk, stretched her open, and made her cum while she was still trying to hate it.
“Just don’t create a bigger problem than the one we already have,” she said. “We need this file cleared, not a war.”
Ranga met her eyes.
“I’m not here to start a war..” He paused and asked “ How is Rakesh’ s fever ?”
“ it’s somewhat better today, but still doctor tells to maintain very strict precautions ..and he is very weak and fatigued at the moment!” .
Ranga nodded “He will get better! And importantly how are you doing ?”
The question landed heavier than the ones before it. Monica held his gaze for a second, then looked down at her cup. When she spoke, her voice was calm.
“Let’s not talk about that day, Ranga. It’s behind us.”
He leaned back slightly, watching her.
.
“I just wanted to say don’t be so hard on yourself Monica.. I know you will be thinking why you did that with a history sheeter like me! Don’t lie you are still thinking the same Monica! But I’m sure that was the best sex both of us have had until now. You know it too.”
Monica’s cheeks warmed into sharp, sassy irritation.
“So what if it was?” she shot back, keeping her voice low. “Does that mean we will now fuck every day we meet? “
Ranga stayed completely calm.
“I never said that.”
Monica’s eyes narrowed, her tone turning sharper and more sarcastic.
“Then tell me clearly — what’s your next agenda? Book a hotel so you can fuck me the whole night, and after that you’ll deal with Deshmukh? Is that the plan? Say it straight.”
Ranga didn’t rise to the provocation. His voice remained steady and even.
“No. Calm down and listen fully ..I have a plan for Deshmukh”
“Okay go on “
“ I’m creating different political pressure on Deshmukh. Let’s not attack and fight against him so directly. Let him feel we are on his side. That’s the only plan. You can trust me on that.”
“I don’t know if that will work, but Let’s see”
Monica studied his face for a moment. The irritation slowly eased. She exhaled and gave a small nod, returning to her controlled, professional tone.
“Alright. Please keep me posted.”
Monica gathered her bag and stood. Ranga stood with her.
“It’s late,” he said. “I can drop you.”
Monica shook her head with a small, polite smile.
“I’ve already booked a cab. It’s on the way.”
They stood there for a second longer than necessary. Then Monica adjusted the strap of her bag and met his eyes
“Goodnight, Ranga saab”
“Goodnight, Monica.”


![[+]](https://xossipy.com/themes/sharepoint/collapse_collapsed.png)