Adultery Malli – My Wife (Originally written in Tamil by @heygiwriter)
#8
Chapter 2: What test?


    "Why the test?”
    "Doubt has arisen, let's resolve it. "
    "What test are you going to give?”
    Malli: As usual, eat and go to sleep. Unlike my usual self, I'm going to spend time with Gautham. I'll do something unexpected, like letting my saree pallu slip, right in front of him. If he gets tempted and tries to touch me, I'll end it right there. I'll text you, come over. If he doesn't try to touch me, then I'm safe.
    Me: “Super... what a foolish idea. It's like giving unnecessary space to someone who's already tempted”
    "I just said what came to mind," Malli replied. "If you have a better idea, tell me."
    “I'm not criticizing your idea. But if you go ahead and show off your unmatched skills, do you think it’ll look natural? If he gets suspicious, he'll accuse you too, saying you're also interested in this”
    Malli sighed, "Hmm, what do we do then? That’s what’s bothering me."
    "Look, I’ve given this a lot of thought," I said. "If we had tried this before last month, it might have worked. But things are different now. Remember what happened in Ooty? What went down at Gautham’s grandma’s place, and that promise we made?"
    "We only staged a drama to help him," Malli said.
    "It started as help, sure," I agreed. " The three of us agreed on it together and went to his grandma’s house. But you got too close and familiar beyond limits. That habit has now turned you into inseparable friends. You do everything thinking of him as a friend with good intentions. But what if Gautham If you explain the situation clearly, he’ll understand. People change, won’t Gautham change too?"
    Malli paused, thinking it over. "I don't know," she murmured. "You tell me."
    I stayed quiet for a while, waiting to see if she had more to say.
    "I’m speaking from the heart," Malli continued. "In the six months since Gautham entered our lives, he has brought us only good things. You know that I always hesitate to talk to any man. Gautham was like a friend, a guide, and a decent family person—and still is. It hurts to even doubt him now. We owe him so much."
    "Fine," I said, "but I can't just hand you over to him to settle a debt. I can't bear to see you go with him."
    Malli suddenly slapped my cheek. It was a quick impulse, a mix of playfulness and sharp anger.
    "Why are you talking like that?" she snapped. "Senseless talk! Let him think whatever he wants about me, but how could you think like that? What does 'going with him' even mean? Do you honestly believe I’d ever leave with him?"
    "I didn't mean it like that," I said quickly. "Why would he need to take you away? He has money, a car, and a huge house in his hometown. We’ve seen it ourselves."
    "What else have you been thinking about me?" Malli asked, her voice tight. "Did you forget how I came to Chennai on that night bus? Remember what I told you? My father had six or seven cars parked in the driveway, and I had to slip out the back door and hide behind them just to escape."
    She looked at me, hurt. "I gave up everything for you. Do you really think I'd go away for someone else's car and money?"
    "I'm sorry," I said softly, cutting myself off before making it worse.
    An awkward silence fell between us.
    Malli broke it first. "Think of something else," she said gently. "Don't let your mind wander to ridiculous places. No matter what happens, I won't leave you and go anywhere. Everything I'm doing is for you."
    I reached out to apologize again, but she waved her hand, urging me to focus on finding a real solution. I thought for a few minutes, but my mind stayed blank.
    After ten minutes, Malli interrupted my thoughts. "You've been thinking for a long time,don't waste any more time—head to the office and think it over there."
    She took a breath and added, "Whatever decision you make, make it yourself. Whether you send Gautham away or let him stay, both are fine. My only request is just one thing—if you decide we don't want him around, let's part ways respectfully without hurting his feelings. I feel deeply indebted to him."
    "And what about me?" I asked. "Don't I get any thanks? Anyone else in my position would have grabbed him by the neck and thrown him out by now. He's the sole reason for all this chaos."
    "Even with all this confusion, it doesn't matter," Malli said softly. "What bothers me is that you doubt him."
    "My doubts aren't about you," I clarified. "They're about him. I'm wondering if your closeness made him lose his mind. Otherwise, why on earth would your underwear be lying around in his bedroom? Look, I care about you deeply, and that's why I'm trying to figure out the right way to handle this."
    Malli looked at me cautiously. "If you won't take it the wrong way, can I ask something?"
    "Go ahead," I said.
    "What if Gautham isn't the person you think he is?" she suggested. "What if my bra accidentally ended up in his hands, and he felt too embarrassed to return it, so he just forgot about it and kept it somewhere? "
    "What’s this nonsense?” I scoffed. “What kind of absurd story are you making up?"
    "Are you laughing at me?" Malli asked.
    "What else am I supposed to say?" I said. "That makes zero sense. Think logically. How could you walk down from the terrace, come all the way here, and leave something in his room instead of yours?"
    She tried to hold her ground, recalling a hazy moment from earlier. But she pushed the memory aside.
    "I didn't mean it literally," Malli said quickly. "I'm just wondering if there's another reason. Seeing isn’t always believing, hearing isn’t always the truth "
    "That sounds nice in theory," I replied. "But in reality, there's nothing more to it. Not everyone is as saint as your husband, you've gotten used to thinking of Gautham as someone like that."
    "There are many people here who pretend to be good," Malli said. " Some have lust in their hearts, some have perversion, and many others who don't even know the difference between the two. They put on a front so no one misjudges them, while demanding everyone else live up to their standards."
    "Who are you talking about? It seems like your eyes are saying something,” I asked, watching her eyes closely.
    "I’m just saying my husband is a good man overall," Malli said quietly. "There are still people like that in the world—their intentions are pure, but they make mistakes or lie, and society labels them as bad. Is Gautham one of those people? Or is he like the rest of society, keeping dark thoughts hidden while acting clean on the outside?"
    "There's also some truth in what you're saying," I admitted. " Plenty of people indulge their desires behind closed doors, many people masturbate within four walls and finish it off. They pretend to be respectable outside. It's my belief that when a person who cannot control their thoughts and perversions becomes ignorant and turns into an animal. Gautham got caught today. He probably never expected to find himself in this mess. Honestly, I don't know if he's a decent man who slipped up or a predator. If he's a decent man, we can work through this. If he's a predator, we need to cut him off immediately."
    "Which is exactly why we need to test him," Malli insisted. "My plan is the best way to find out."
    "I'll work with you," I said, "but if you just drop your saree in front of him, he'll know it's a setup no matter how natural you try to act."
    "Then what else can we do?" Malli asked.
    "Just give me a second," I said, thinking.
    After a few moments of silence, an idea struck me.
    "Listen," I said. "When Gautham comes over tonight, dress up nicely. I'll stay late at the office and follow him back without him noticing. He'll arrive on time, so leave the front door unlocked. I'll send you a text as soon as he steps into the elevator. Be ready."
    "What do I do then?" Malli asked.
    "Pretend you fainted in the hall," I instructed. "Lie on the floor with your saree slightly disheveled. Set up a hidden camera somewhere in the room. He'll try to wake you up. Don't react right away. If he tries to take advantage of you while you're helpless, get up immediately. I'll be waiting right outside the door. Keep the small table bell under the sofa cushion. If he makes a wrong move, ring the bell once, and I'll come."
    "And if he doesn't?" she asked.
    "If Gautham immediately tries to help you without taking advantage, then he's just a normal guy trying to control his impulses," I explained. "We can sit down later and decide whether to let him stay here for the next six months, as we had promised."
    Malli looked at me, a bit taken aback. "Your plan sounds scarier than mine."
    "Why?" I asked.
    "Nothing," she smiled faintly. " I need to be careful around you. You have quite a criminal mind! Let's plan it carefully."
    We both broke into quiet laughter. I reached over, pinched her cheek softly, and kissed her.
    "I trust you, Malli," I murmured. "I don't doubt you for a second. But, hmm... I'm sorry for earlier."
    Hearing that, Malli wrapped her arms around me tightly. A moment later, I felt my shirt getting damp and realized she was crying. I leaned down, kissing her forehead, her cheeks, and her lips. We were both carrying regrets.
    "If I ever did anything you disliked," Malli whispered, "it was only because I was trying to do what was best for you."
    "I should get to the office," I said, pulling back gently. "I'll follow Gautham on his way back tonight. First, let's see what his mindset is. Based on that, we'll make our move. For now, one thing is clear — he's obsessed with you. We either need to help him get over it step by step, or we step away entirely."
    Malli held onto my hand for a moment longer before letting go.
    "Okay, go to the office," she said softly. "Don't forget to text me."
    I didn't have the heart to leave her. Every part of me wanted to stay right there, holding and kissing her, but an hour had already slipped by since we had started the discussion. Reluctantly, I turned and walked out the door.
    Will Gautham pass the test?

---->>0<<----
[+] 3 users Like Rosymoon's post
Like Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Malli – My Wife (Originally written in Tamil by @heygiwriter) - by Rosymoon - 07-10-2026, 10:19 AM



Users browsing this thread: