26-09-2026, 09:50 PM
Chapter 174: Fucking Witnesses
# Scene 1
Chennai night. Yazhini lay on Selvam’s chest, her finger tracing small circles around his nipples, which loves teasing. His skin was warm. Everyone else was deep asleep.
She drew a slow line down his stomach. The muscle tensed under her fingertip.
“I’ve been thinking about those panties,” she said.
Selvam’s hand moved through her hair. His fingers found the base of her braid and rested there.
“The ivory ones,” Yazhini said. “They were Amma’s, weren’t they.”
He didn’t answer right away. His thumb traced the curve of her ear.
“Why do you think that,” he said. “The red ones were definitely yours.”
She propped herself on one elbow. The sheet slid off her shoulder. Lamplight caught the edge of her collarbone.
“Amma came downstairs last night.” Yazhini’s voice was quiet. Even. Not accusing. “I think she had her hand between her legs. You know. Fingering herself.”
Selvam looked at her. Her face was serious. The crease between her brows had deepened.
“That’s why she forgot her panties,” Yazhini said. “She went down to find a place to be alone and got distracted and forgot her panties.”
“You sure about that.”
“Yes.” Her finger stopped moving. “She’s forty-three and looks like Trisha. She keeps herself good-looking. Her body is... you can tell. You can see it in the way she moves. And Appa...” She trailed off.
“Moorthy doesn’t see it,” Selvam said.
“He stopped seeing it years ago.” Yazhini’s voice dropped. “I know because I watch them. He still loves her, but he doesn’t... look at her. Not the way he used to, she said.”
Selvam’s hand found her cheek. Warm.
“This makes you sad,” he said.
“It does.” Her eyes met his. “I’m not embarrassed. Just sad. She has wants. She has a body that aches. And there’s no one answering it.”
The ceiling fan turned overhead. Slow. Steady.
“What would you want for her?” Selvam asked. His voice was careful. “If you could give her anything.”
Yazhini was quiet a long moment. Her fingers found his chest again. Drew a slow line down to his navel.
“I don’t know,” she said finally. “Something she doesn’t have to ask for.”
Selvam watched her face. The lamplight caught the edge of her jaw. Nineteen. Serious in the dark.
“You’re a good daughter,” he said.
“I’m a grown woman with a husband.” She smiled. Small. The sadness still there behind it. “I see things differently now.”
“Different how,” he said.
“I used to think of her as just Amma.” Yazhini’s finger stopped at his navel. “Now I think of her as a woman. With a body. With hunger.”
Selvam let the silence sit a beat. “If she needed something,” he said, “and you were the only one who could give it to her. would you do it? Would you go that far?”
Yazhini didn’t look away. “What do you mean.”
“I mean exactly what I said.” His hand stayed on her cheek, thumb tracing slow. “Would you offer me.”
The fan turned overhead. She was quiet long enough that he could hear Moorthy’s faint snore through the wall. Yazhini’s breath came slow through her nose. Her finger stayed still against his navel.
“That’s a strange thing to ask,” she said.
“Is it.”
“You’re asking if I’d share you with my mother.”
Selvam kept his hand on her cheek. Steady. “I’m asking what you’d do if she needed something and no one else could give it.”
Yazhini’s finger pressed flat against his stomach. Not moving.
“You’re not asking hypothetically,” she said. “You’re asking if I’d actually do it.”
“Yes.”
She sat up fully. The sheet fell to her waist.
Her eyes stayed on his face. Bare shoulders in the lamplight. Her braid had come half-loose against her back.
“You want me to say yes,” she said.
“I want you to tell me the truth.”
She looked down at her own hands. Turned them over once. “If I said yes, what would that make me.”
“Honest, and a good daughter” Selvam said. “That’s all.”
Yazhini’s fingers curled against her own knee. She looked at the fan again, at the slow turn of the blades, anywhere but his face.
“I think about her more than I should,” she said. “Since the fitting room. Since the panties.”
“Tell me.”
“I think about her alone downstairs. her hand on the mixing bowl, her hips against the counter. Her eyes closed. I wonder what she pictures.”
Selvam’s thumb kept its slow circle at her cheekbone. He said nothing. He let the quiet stretch.
“Does that make me a bad person,” she said.
“No.”
“You would say that regardless.”
“Maybe not,” he said. “But I know what I saw when you asked about that ivory panty. Your face didn’t go pale. It went curious.”
Yazhini pulled her knees up. Wrapped her arms around them.
“I keep thinking about last night,” she said. “On the counter.”
“What about it.”
“The way we had to stay quiet.”
His hand found her hip under the sheet.
“That was the best thing that’s ever happened to me,” she said. “The counter creaking. The carrying me upstairs after. I kept thinking about it all day.”
“I noticed.”
“I want to do it again.” She turned her head. Looked at him directly. “Right now.”
Selvam’s thumb pressed into the curve of her hip. Slow.
“Your parents are next room.”
“Asleep.”
“You sure.”
“Yes.” She sat up again. The sheet fell away completely. Her body was golden in the lamplight. Small waist. Narrow hips.
“Moorthy snored through the entire thing last night,” she said. “Amma sleeps like the dead. We could do it right in front of them and they wouldn’t wake up.”
Selvam laughed. Low. The sound filled the small bedroom.
“Kitchen,” she said. “Same spot.”
He looked at her. The lamplight caught the edge of her smile. Challenging. Full.
“You’re not worried.”
“No.” Her hand found his chest. Pressed flat. “Are you?”
He caught her wrist. Held it against his skin.
“Not even a little,” he said.
# Scene 2
He carried her down the stairs. Her arms around his neck. Her bare feet dangled against his hip. The marble was cool under his soles.
Streetlight came through the window above the sink. Yellow. Soft. The kitchen was dark except for that single strip of light cutting across the counter.
“I’m thirsty,” Yazhini whispered.
Selvam set her down. Her toes curled against the cool tile.
He opened the refrigerator. The light spilled white across the floor. Milk carton. Cold in his hand.
He took a mouthful. Held it.
Yazhini looked up at him. Her eyes were bright in the fridge light.
He bent and pressed his mouth to hers. The milk passed between them. Warm now. Sweet. She swallowed and laughed against his lips. The sound was small, caught behind her teeth.
“Again,” she whispered.
He took another mouthful. Longer this time. She opened for him. The milk ran down her chin. He caught it with his thumb. She licked his finger. Clean.
“God, you’re good at that,” she said.
“It’s milk.”
“It’s not the milk.”
He lifted her onto the counter. Her legs came around his waist. The marble was cold against her bare ass. She gasped.
“Cold,” she said.
“Warm up fast.”
His hands found her hips. His thumbs pressed into the soft flesh. She was wearing nothing but the thin cotton nightdress, bunched around her waist.
He hooked his fingers into the waistband of her panties. Pulled them down. The cotton dragged over her hips. Her thighs. Dropped to the floor with a soft sound.
Right on the same spot.
She looked down. Grinned.
“Told you,” she said. “History repeats.”
He spread her legs. Wider. The streetlight caught the wet gleam between them.
“You’re already ready,” he said.
“Been ready since you carried me down the stairs.”
He bent between her legs. His mouth found her cunt. Warm. Wet. His tongue pressed flat against her clit.
Yazhini’s head tipped back. Her hands found the counter edge. Gripped. Hard.
“Fuck,” she whispered.
He worked her with his mouth. Slow. Patient. His tongue circled her clit. Then flattened. Then circled again. Reading her. Feeling the way her thighs tightened around his ears when he did it right.
Her breathing came short. Sharp. Behind clenched teeth.
“Right there,” she whispered. “Don’t stop.”
He didn’t stop. His tongue kept its rhythm. Steady. Wet. The sound filled the small space between the counter and her thighs.
Her hand found his hair. Gripped. Not guiding. Needing to hold something.
“Selvam.” His name. Broken. “I’m close.”
He pulled back. Just enough to speak. His lips still brushing her wet folds.
“Not yet,” he said. “Hold it.”
She whined. Small. Frustrated. Her hips rocked forward, seeking his mouth.
He straightened. Stood between her spread legs. His cock was hard in his briefs. The fabric strained.
Yazhini reached down. Her small hand found the waistband. She pulled his cock free through the opening. The head sprang out. Dark. Slick at the tip.
She held him in both hands. Her fingers wrapped around the shaft. Not quite meeting.
“God,” she said. Quiet. Wonder in her voice. “Every time I look at it I can’t believe it’s real.”
“It’s real.”
“It’s so big.” Her thumb traced the vein along the underside. Slow. “And it’s all mine.”
She slid off the counter. Dropped to her knees on the cool tile. Her nightdress pooled around her thighs.
She looked up at him. Her eyes were dark in the streetlight.
“I want to try something,” she said.
“Try.”
She took the head of his cock between her lips. Heat. Wet. Her mouth was warm. She sucked. Gentle. Uncertain.
Her hand wrapped around the base. She stroked. Counterpoint to her lips. The rhythm was clumsy. Eager. She was learning the geometry of him by feel.
“Slower,” Selvam said. His hand found the back of her head. Not pushing. Present.
She pulled off. A wet sound. “Like this?”
“Like that. But take more.”
She took him deeper. Her lips stretched around the head. Her tongue pressed against the underside. She sucked. Harder this time. Focused.
“Good,” he said. “That’s good.”
Her hand kept stroking the shaft. Her mouth worked the head. The wet sounds filled the kitchen. Quiet. Careful. She was trying so hard to be good at it.
She pulled off again. Breathless. “Am I doing it right?”
“You’re doing perfect.”
“Tell me what you like.”
“I like your mouth.” His thumb brushed her lower lip. Wet. “I like the way you hold me. I like that you’re on your knees in your father’s kitchen trying not to make noise.”
She grinned. Took him back into her mouth. Deeper this time. Her nose pressed against his stomach. She held there. Her throat worked.
Selvam’s breath caught. His hand tightened in her hair.
“Yazhini.” Her name. Low. Warning.
She pulled off. Looked up. Milk or saliva glistened on her lower lip.
“I want to make you come,” she said. “Right here. With my mouth.”
“Not yet.”
“Why not.”
“Because I want to be inside you when it happens.”
Her eyes widened. She stood. Fast. Her hands found his hips.
“Then do it,” she said. “Now.”
# Scene 3
Movement at the doorway. Selvam’s peripheral vision caught it first. A shape. Slow. Unsteady.
Moorthy.
Selvam did not move. His hand stayed on the counter edge. His grip whitened. His jaw set.
Moorthy stood in the doorway. Half-asleep. His veshti rumpled. His eyes heavy. He blinked at the dark kitchen.
“Water,” he mumbled.
Selvam reached into the refrigerator with his free hand. The light spilled white. He pulled out a glass. Cold. Full.
He held it out. Composed. Authority in the gesture. A man doing nothing unusual in his father-in-law’s kitchen at midnight.
Moorthy took the glass. Drank. Long pulls. Water ran down his chin. He wiped it with the back of his hand.
Set the glass on the counter. Nodded once. Shuffled back toward the staircase.
His footsteps receded. One tread. Another. The old wood creaked under his weight. Then silence.
The moment the last step creaked, Yazhini came up from her knees. Fast. Her face buried in Selvam’s chest. Her whole body shook.
Laughter. Suppressed. Trembling through her. Tears ran down her cheeks. She bit his chest to muffle the sound.
“Oh my god,” she whispered against his skin. “Oh my god, oh my god.”
He held her. His hand flat against her back. Feeling the laughter work through her ribs.
“Your face,” she gasped. “You looked so serious. Like you were negotiating a treaty.”
“Be quiet.”
“He was three feet from my head.” She pressed her face harder into his chest. Her shoulders shook. “Three feet.”
“Yazhini.”
“Did he see my panties on the floor?”
“No.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes.”
She looked up. Her eyes were wet. Bright. Wild with the effort of holding it in.
“That was the most terrifying thing I’ve ever done,” she said.
“Good. Now be quiet for real.”
He turned her. Fast. Put her face-down on the counter. Her cheek pressed against the cool marble. One leg hooked over the edge. Open.
He positioned himself behind her. The head of his cock pressed against her entrance. Wet. Slick from her mouth.
He pushed. Slow. One firm thrust. Full length.
Yazhini’s breath caught. Sharp. Bitten-off. Her fingers found the far edge of the counter. Gripped.
“Don’t make a sound,” Selvam said. Low. Against her ear.
She nodded. Her cheek flat against the stone.
He fucked her. Steady. Deep. Each thrust drove to the root. His hands gripped her hips. Thumbs pressing into the soft flesh.
The counter creaked. Quiet. Controlled. The wet sound of his cock sliding in and out filled the small space between them.
Yazhini’s breathing came short. Behind clenched teeth. Her fingers whitened on the counter edge.
“Close,” she whispered. Barely sound.
“Hold it.”
“I can’t.”
“Hold it.”
She held. Her whole body braced. Trembling. The orgasm built low in her belly. Pressure. Heat. Climbing.
It broke. Silent. Her back arched. Her pussy clenched around his cock in rhythmic pulses. Her face pressed flat against the marble. No sound. Nothing. Just the tight, hot grip of her around him and the shaking of her shoulders.
Selvam felt it. The specific, internal pulsing. He kept his rhythm. Steady. Let her ride it out.
His own release built. Low. Tight. His balls drew up. The pressure gathered at the base of his spine.
Movement at the doorway.
Rangam.
She stood in the frame. Backlit by the dim hall light. She could only see his back from where she stood.
Broad shoulders. The muscles of his back shifting with each thrust. The specific, rhythmic clench of his ass cheeks as he drove forward.
Then she saw it. The unmistakable sight.
His balls tightened. Drew up against the base of his cock. The long, shuddering release followed, thick ropes catching the streetlight before landing.
Rangam’s eyes fixed on the sight of his balls from behind, heavy and full between his thighs, drawn tight against his body like something alive.
Each thrust, his balls dangling and hitting her daughter.
Rangam did not move.
The rhythm broke apart. His hips stuttered forward. Held. Selvam’s whole body went rigid, every muscle in his back locked, and the second pulse followed the first.
Third pulse.
Selvam’s fingers dug into her hips, holding her in place while his cock emptied inside her, and Yazhini felt the heat of it filling her deeper than before.
“Fuck, you’re so tight,” he breathed against her ear, voice rough, barely controlled.
Yazhini’s whole body shook. Her cheek stayed pressed to the marble. A soft moan started to build in her throat.
“Shhh.” Her own whisper, barely there. “Amma might wake up.”
She had no idea.
Rangam stood in the doorway, one hand braced against the frame, watching her son-in-law’s back arch and settle, watching the last of him pump into her daughter
The jealousy came up again, through her chest like something with claws.
Selvam felt the last pulse leave him and reached forward, both hands finding Yazhini’s waist. He pulled her up off the marble, her back arching against his chest, his cock still buried inside her.
She gasped at the movement. Her head fell back against his shoulder.
He turned her face toward his and kissed her.
His mouth stayed on hers a long moment. Her breathing slowed against his lips.
He pulled her back against his chest fully. His nose found her hair. The jasmine smell had faded to sweat and milk and something warmer underneath. He breathed it in anyway.
Rangam’s foot shifted against the tile, she was watching from her hiding spot.
Rangam pulled back from the doorframe. Fast. Silent. Her bare feet found the wall beside the pantry, the shadow there deep enough to swallow her whole. She pressed her spine flat against the plaster and stopped breathing.
The kitchen light didn’t reach this far. She counted on that now the way she’d counted on the pooja room door the night before.
Selvam eased out of her, slow, his cock going still hard between them. Yazhini’s legs unlocked from around his waist. Her feet found the tile.
“Come here.” He pulled her against his chest. Her cheek found his sternum.
“So you were saying something about your mom,” he said.
Yazhini stilled. “Right now?”
“Yeah,” Selvam said. His hand stayed flat on her back. “You said you thought about her fingering herself downstairs alone. Do you really think that’s what she was doing?”
Yazhini was quiet against his chest. Her fingers traced a slow line across his ribs.
“Yes,” she said finally. “I do.”
“Why does that make you sad and not, I don’t know, embarrassed for her.”
“Because she deserves someone who notices.” Yazhini’s voice was small in the dark kitchen. “You notice everything.”
“My father doens’t notice her like that.”
Behind the pantry shadow, Rangam went rigid. Her hand found the wall and pressed flat against it.
Nobody. She had used that word. Nobody notices.
The word landed somewhere under her ribs and stayed there.
Selvam’s hand kept moving on Yazhini’s back. Slow circles. “That’s a big thing to say about your father.”
“I love Appa.” Yazhini’s voice was quiet. Certain. “But loving someone and seeing them aren’t the same thing. He looks at her and sees the woman who makes his coffee and irons his veshti and manages the house. He doesn’t look at her and see... ” She stopped.
“See what.”
“A woman.” Yazhini’s finger traced the same line across his ribs, over and over, like she needed something to do with her hand while she said it. “Someone who still wants to be wanted.”
Rangam’s throat tightened. Her fingers curled against the plaster.
“You think about this a lot,” Selvam said.
“Since the wedding. Since I started sleeping next door to them and hearing how quiet their room is.” Yazhini’s voice dropped further. “Ours isn’t quiet.”
“No,” he agreed. “It isn’t.”
“I used to feel guilty about that. Like I was doing something she couldn’t have.” She shifted against his chest. “Now I just feel sad for her.”
Rangam pressed the back of her hand against her own mouth. The gesture was becoming familiar to her now, this last week. Her palm smelled of nothing. Her own breath came hot against her skin.
“If you could ask her one thing,” Selvam said, “what would you ask.”
A pause. Long enough that Rangam heard the refrigerator hum through the silence, felt it in her teeth.
“I’d ask if she remembers what it felt like.” Yazhini’s voice had gone very soft. “Before she became just Amma. Before she became just Appa’s wife. I’d ask if there’s still a version of her in there that wants things.”
Rangam’s eyes stung. She blinked hard against the dark of the pantry corner.
“There is,” Selvam said.
“How do you know that.”
“Because everyone has one,” he said. “Even people who’ve stopped believing it themselves.”
Yazhini went quiet again. Rangam heard his breathing settle against her hair, thinking about how easily she’d said it. A woman who still wants to be wanted.
“What if it wasn’t just about noticing,” Selvam said. “What if there was something you could actually do about it.”
Yazhini’s finger stopped on his ribs. “Like what.”
“You tell me. You’re the one who thinks about it.”
She was quiet a long moment. He felt her breathing change, slow and deliberate, the way she breathed when she was working something out in her head.
“I could talk to her,” Yazhini said. “Tell her she deserves more. Encourage her to buy things for herself.”
Selvam laughed, low, against her hair. “A sex toy.”
Yazhini pulled back enough to look at him. Her hand found his cock where it hung soft now, still wet, and wrapped around it without thinking, the way she did most things now... automatic, unembarrassed.
“Why is that funny.”
“Because it’s plastic.” He tipped her chin up with two fingers. “You want to solve a man’s absence with a battery.”
“It’s better than nothing.” Her thumb dragged slow along the underside of his cock. She was watching her own hand do it, not his face. “Women buy them all the time.”
“Women who don’t have a choice buy them.” His hand covered hers, stilled it. Not pulling her off, just holding. “Your mother has a choice sitting three feet from her every night. Warm. Breathing. With a mustache.”
Yazhini snorted, quiet, quickly swallowed. Her fingers tightened around him anyway, restless under his palm.
“That’s not helpful.”
“I’m not trying to be helpful.” His voice dropped further. “I’m telling you a toy in a drawer isn’t going to fix what she’s missing. It’s not going to hold her. It’s not going to know when to go slow and when not to.”
“So what, then.” She stroked him again, slower now, watching him thicken slightly under her hand even soft, even spent. “What’s the actual answer.”
“You already know the answer.”
“Say it.”
“You said it yourself, twenty minutes ago.” His hand moved to her jaw, tilted her face up properly this time. “A man who notices.”
Rangam’s spine pressed harder into the plaster. She could not believe what she was hearing.
Yazhini’s fingers had gone still on him. She was looking up now, into his face, her whole body caught somewhere between the question and whatever answer she was afraid to reach for.
“You’re not talking about buying her something,” she said slowly.
“No.”
“Then what am I talking about.”
Selvam’s thumb traced her jawline. “You tell me. What do you think I’m talking about.”
Yazhini’s hand was still wrapped around his cock. She was playing with it like a toy, pulling and pushing his foreskin.
“You want me to say it.”
“I want you to say what’s true. Not what you think I want.”
“That’s not an answer either.”
“No,” he agreed. “It isn’t.”
She was quiet. Her thumb moved once, absently, along the vein on the underside of his cock, the motion no longer deliberate, just a place for her hand to be while her mind went somewhere else.
Behind the pantry, Rangam’s breath came shallow through her nose. She did not move her hand from her mouth.
“You think I should give her this.” Yazhini’s voice came out small. Testing the words the way she’d test a hot pan, quick, ready to pull back.
“I think you want something you’re ashamed to name.”
“I didn’t say that.”
“You’re holding me like you’re still deciding.”
Yazhini looked at her own hand again. Her fingers loosened slightly around him, then tightened, an unconscious correction.
“That’s different,” she said. “This is mine.”
“Is it.”
“Yes.”
“Then why do keep worrying she is not getting what she needs.”
She didn’t answer that. Her jaw worked once, silent, and Selvam watched her face the way he watched everything, patient, unhurried, like there was no clock running anywhere in the world.
“You want to know what I’d do,” she said. “If she needed someone. The way I needed you.”
“Yes,” Selvam said. “That’s what I want to know.”
Yazhini’s hand stayed on him. Her thumb stopped moving. “You’d let me.”
“I’m asking what you’d let yourself do.”
She looked down at his cock, like she was seeing it for the first time. Behind the pantry wall, the refrigerator hum filled the silence where her next words should have been.
“If I said her name right now,” Yazhini said slowly, “would that make it real.”
“It’s already real. You’ve been circling it for twenty minutes.”
“I haven’t said anything.”
“You said nobody notices her. You said you feel sad for her. You said you think about her hand between her legs downstairs alone.” His voice stayed even. Patient. “That’s not circling. That’s arriving.”
Yazhini’s breath went shaky. She let go of him. Her hand pressed flat against his chest instead, over his heart, the way she’d done before.
“If I said yes,” she said, “what happens tomorrow morning. What happens when she looks at me over breakfast.”
“That depends on what you decide tonight has to mean.”
“Everything has to mean something.”
“Not always.” His hand found the back of her neck, thumb resting at the base of her skull. “Sometimes a thing can just be true without a name attached to it yet.”
Rangam’s fingers curled tighter against the plaster. She had stopped breathing through her nose and started holding it entirely, her chest aching with the effort.
“I keep picturing it,” Yazhini whispered. “Her face. What she’d look like if someone finally... ” She stopped herself again.
“Finished the sentence.”
“If someone finally gave her what she stopped asking for.”
Her hand tightened around his cock. “I want my mom to feel something like this.”
His cock twitched against her palm. She felt it happen, the strong pulse against her fingers, and looked up at his face. Curious. Reading him the way she’d learned to read him over these past weeks.
Selvam’s expression didn’t change. Just the twitch. Just the answer his body gave before his mouth could decide what to say.
“That reaction,” Yazhini said. “What was that.”
“Nothing.”
“You don’t do nothing.” Her thumb pressed against the underside of him, testing. “I felt it.”
Rangam’s spine stayed flat against the plaster. She did not breathe.
“Say her name,” Yazhini said. Quiet. Her hand had gone still around him, but she hadn’t let go. “Just her name. See what happens.”
“Yazhini.”
“Say it.”
His jaw tightened. She watched it happen in the dim light, the small flex at the hinge of his jaw, and her own chest went tight watching him try to hold something back that she’d already felt in her palm.
“Rangam,” he said.
His cock jumped again. Harder this time. Against her fingers, unmistakable, a full pulse of blood that she felt travel the length of him.
Yazhini’s mouth opened. No sound came out.
Behind the pantry wall, Rangam heard her own name spoken in his voice, low and flat and final, like a door closing on something she couldn’t see the other side of. Her knees went soft. She caught herself against the plaster, palm flat, nails finding purchase in nothing.
“You got hard,” Yazhini said. Her voice had gone strange. Thin. “Saying her name got you hard.”
“You asked me to say it.”
“That’s not an answer.”
He looked down at her. His hand found her chin, tipped it up, the way he always did when he wanted her full attention on his face and nothing else.
“You’ve been building this for twenty minutes,” he said. “Don’t act surprised when it arrives.”
“I’m not surprised.” Her hand tightened around him again, an unconscious grip, her whole body caught between the words she’d said and the thing his cock had just told her without permission. “I’m ... I don’t know what I am.”
“Say what you feel. Not what you think you should feel.”
“I feel like I want to know,” Yazhini said. “If it’s real. If she’s real to you. Not just an accident in a fitting room.”
Selvam’s hand stayed at her jaw, steady. He didn’t answer right away, and the silence pressed against her more than any words could have.
Her fingers moved on his cock again. Slow. Testing. She watched his face for the flicker, the tell, the thing his mouth wouldn’t give her.
“Say it again,” she said.
“Yazhini... ”
“Not my name.” Her grip tightened, deliberate now, no longer accidental. “Hers.”
He looked at her for a long moment.
“Rangam,” he said again.
His cock twitched in her hand. Smaller this time, but she felt it, the same unmistakable jump, proof arriving twice in the same night.
Yazhini’s breath came out unsteady. Her thumb pressed against the vein on the underside, feeling it pulse under her touch like something separate from him, something that answered to a name and not to his will.
“It happens every time,” she whispered. “You can’t stop it.”
“No.”
“You don’t want to stop it.”
He didn’t answer that. His jaw was tight, his eyes on her face, and she realized he wasn’t going to give her the words. He was going to make her build the whole thing herself, brick by brick, out of what his body kept confessing.
She stroked him once, slow, base to tip, watching him thicken further under her palm despite everything he’d already given her tonight.
Yazhini’s hand went still around him. She looked up, and something in her face had shifted... the playful edge draining out of it, replaced by a stillness that looked almost frightened of itself.
“I’m sorry,” she said. “For teasing you like that. Making you say her name over and over.”
“You don’t need to apologize.”
“I do, though.” Her thumb moved once, absent, along his skin. “I liked watching it happen. That’s the part I’m sorry for.”
He covered her hand with his. Stilled it completely this time.
“Can I ask you something,” she said. “And you have to answer honestly. Not careful. Honestly.”
“Ask.”
“If I wanted her to have this.” Her eyes held his, steady despite the shake in her voice. “If I said yes, Athaan, give her what you give me. Would you do it.”
The kitchen light hummed somewhere overhead. Behind the pantry wall, nothing moved.
“No,” Selvam said.
The word landed flat. No hesitation behind it.
“That’s it. Just no.”
“That’s it.”
Yazhini’s mouth opened, then closed. Her hand slid off him slowly, like she’d forgotten it was there.
“It’s not appropriate,” he said. “Not for her. Not for you. Not for any of us.”
“But your body just told me... ”
“My body doesn’t get a vote.” His hand found her jaw again, firmer this time. “You asked what’s true. That’s true too. Two things can both be true and only one of them gets to happen.”
“She’d never even have to know I... ”
“Yazhini.” His voice dropped, cut through hers clean. “Your mother would kill us both. Not figuratively. She would take something sharp out of that kitchen drawer and use it on me first, and then find a way to make you watch.”
A laugh cracked out of her, startled, half a sob underneath it. She pressed the back of her wrist against her mouth.
“That’s not funny,” she said.
“It’s a little funny.”
“It’s really not.” But she was still laughing, quiet, shaking, the sound of someone who’d been holding something too tight for too long and needed anywhere to put it down.
He pulled her against his chest. Her cheek found the same spot it always found, just below his collarbone, and her arms came around his waist like they belonged there.
Her breathing slowed against his skin. He felt it happen, the long inhale and longer exhale, the rhythm of someone tipping toward sleep whether she wanted to or not.
“I’m not tired,” she mumbled into his chest.
“You are.”
“I’m not.”
He scooped her up. One arm under her knees, the other along her back. She made a small sound of protest and then didn’t, her head dropping against his shoulder like it belonged nowhere else.
“Put me down. I can walk.”
“You can barely keep your eyes open.”
“I’m having a conversation with you.”
“You were asleep for the last part of it.” He carried her past the counter, past the dark shapes of the panties still crumpled somewhere near the fridge, and started for the stairs. “You just don’t know it yet.”
Her arm looped around his neck. Her fingers found the hair at his nape and stayed there, not gripping, just resting.
“This was a lot of night,” she said. Her voice had gone soft at the edges, blurred.
“It was.”
“Are you going to be weird tomorrow.”
“No.”
“Promise.”
“I promise.”
She was quiet on the stairs. Her weight settled fully into his arms, the last resistance going out of her body the way it always did once she stopped fighting it. At the landing he paused, listened. Nothing from Moorthy’s room. Nothing from anywhere.
He carried her into the bedroom and laid her on the sheets. She curled onto her side before he’d even straightened up, one hand tucked under her cheek, her knees drawing toward her chest.
“Stay,” she said. Half word, half breath.
“I’m not going anywhere.”
He lay down behind her. Fit himself against her back, his arm coming over her waist, his palm flattening against her stomach. Her hand found his and held it there.
Her breathing evened out within a minute. Deep. Slow. Gone.
He stayed awake a while longer, staring at the dark ceiling, her heartbeat faint under his palm.
# Scene 1
Chennai night. Yazhini lay on Selvam’s chest, her finger tracing small circles around his nipples, which loves teasing. His skin was warm. Everyone else was deep asleep.
She drew a slow line down his stomach. The muscle tensed under her fingertip.
“I’ve been thinking about those panties,” she said.
Selvam’s hand moved through her hair. His fingers found the base of her braid and rested there.
“The ivory ones,” Yazhini said. “They were Amma’s, weren’t they.”
He didn’t answer right away. His thumb traced the curve of her ear.
“Why do you think that,” he said. “The red ones were definitely yours.”
She propped herself on one elbow. The sheet slid off her shoulder. Lamplight caught the edge of her collarbone.
“Amma came downstairs last night.” Yazhini’s voice was quiet. Even. Not accusing. “I think she had her hand between her legs. You know. Fingering herself.”
Selvam looked at her. Her face was serious. The crease between her brows had deepened.
“That’s why she forgot her panties,” Yazhini said. “She went down to find a place to be alone and got distracted and forgot her panties.”
“You sure about that.”
“Yes.” Her finger stopped moving. “She’s forty-three and looks like Trisha. She keeps herself good-looking. Her body is... you can tell. You can see it in the way she moves. And Appa...” She trailed off.
“Moorthy doesn’t see it,” Selvam said.
“He stopped seeing it years ago.” Yazhini’s voice dropped. “I know because I watch them. He still loves her, but he doesn’t... look at her. Not the way he used to, she said.”
Selvam’s hand found her cheek. Warm.
“This makes you sad,” he said.
“It does.” Her eyes met his. “I’m not embarrassed. Just sad. She has wants. She has a body that aches. And there’s no one answering it.”
The ceiling fan turned overhead. Slow. Steady.
“What would you want for her?” Selvam asked. His voice was careful. “If you could give her anything.”
Yazhini was quiet a long moment. Her fingers found his chest again. Drew a slow line down to his navel.
“I don’t know,” she said finally. “Something she doesn’t have to ask for.”
Selvam watched her face. The lamplight caught the edge of her jaw. Nineteen. Serious in the dark.
“You’re a good daughter,” he said.
“I’m a grown woman with a husband.” She smiled. Small. The sadness still there behind it. “I see things differently now.”
“Different how,” he said.
“I used to think of her as just Amma.” Yazhini’s finger stopped at his navel. “Now I think of her as a woman. With a body. With hunger.”
Selvam let the silence sit a beat. “If she needed something,” he said, “and you were the only one who could give it to her. would you do it? Would you go that far?”
Yazhini didn’t look away. “What do you mean.”
“I mean exactly what I said.” His hand stayed on her cheek, thumb tracing slow. “Would you offer me.”
The fan turned overhead. She was quiet long enough that he could hear Moorthy’s faint snore through the wall. Yazhini’s breath came slow through her nose. Her finger stayed still against his navel.
“That’s a strange thing to ask,” she said.
“Is it.”
“You’re asking if I’d share you with my mother.”
Selvam kept his hand on her cheek. Steady. “I’m asking what you’d do if she needed something and no one else could give it.”
Yazhini’s finger pressed flat against his stomach. Not moving.
“You’re not asking hypothetically,” she said. “You’re asking if I’d actually do it.”
“Yes.”
She sat up fully. The sheet fell to her waist.
Her eyes stayed on his face. Bare shoulders in the lamplight. Her braid had come half-loose against her back.
“You want me to say yes,” she said.
“I want you to tell me the truth.”
She looked down at her own hands. Turned them over once. “If I said yes, what would that make me.”
“Honest, and a good daughter” Selvam said. “That’s all.”
Yazhini’s fingers curled against her own knee. She looked at the fan again, at the slow turn of the blades, anywhere but his face.
“I think about her more than I should,” she said. “Since the fitting room. Since the panties.”
“Tell me.”
“I think about her alone downstairs. her hand on the mixing bowl, her hips against the counter. Her eyes closed. I wonder what she pictures.”
Selvam’s thumb kept its slow circle at her cheekbone. He said nothing. He let the quiet stretch.
“Does that make me a bad person,” she said.
“No.”
“You would say that regardless.”
“Maybe not,” he said. “But I know what I saw when you asked about that ivory panty. Your face didn’t go pale. It went curious.”
Yazhini pulled her knees up. Wrapped her arms around them.
“I keep thinking about last night,” she said. “On the counter.”
“What about it.”
“The way we had to stay quiet.”
His hand found her hip under the sheet.
“That was the best thing that’s ever happened to me,” she said. “The counter creaking. The carrying me upstairs after. I kept thinking about it all day.”
“I noticed.”
“I want to do it again.” She turned her head. Looked at him directly. “Right now.”
Selvam’s thumb pressed into the curve of her hip. Slow.
“Your parents are next room.”
“Asleep.”
“You sure.”
“Yes.” She sat up again. The sheet fell away completely. Her body was golden in the lamplight. Small waist. Narrow hips.
“Moorthy snored through the entire thing last night,” she said. “Amma sleeps like the dead. We could do it right in front of them and they wouldn’t wake up.”
Selvam laughed. Low. The sound filled the small bedroom.
“Kitchen,” she said. “Same spot.”
He looked at her. The lamplight caught the edge of her smile. Challenging. Full.
“You’re not worried.”
“No.” Her hand found his chest. Pressed flat. “Are you?”
He caught her wrist. Held it against his skin.
“Not even a little,” he said.
# Scene 2
He carried her down the stairs. Her arms around his neck. Her bare feet dangled against his hip. The marble was cool under his soles.
Streetlight came through the window above the sink. Yellow. Soft. The kitchen was dark except for that single strip of light cutting across the counter.
“I’m thirsty,” Yazhini whispered.
Selvam set her down. Her toes curled against the cool tile.
He opened the refrigerator. The light spilled white across the floor. Milk carton. Cold in his hand.
He took a mouthful. Held it.
Yazhini looked up at him. Her eyes were bright in the fridge light.
He bent and pressed his mouth to hers. The milk passed between them. Warm now. Sweet. She swallowed and laughed against his lips. The sound was small, caught behind her teeth.
“Again,” she whispered.
He took another mouthful. Longer this time. She opened for him. The milk ran down her chin. He caught it with his thumb. She licked his finger. Clean.
“God, you’re good at that,” she said.
“It’s milk.”
“It’s not the milk.”
He lifted her onto the counter. Her legs came around his waist. The marble was cold against her bare ass. She gasped.
“Cold,” she said.
“Warm up fast.”
His hands found her hips. His thumbs pressed into the soft flesh. She was wearing nothing but the thin cotton nightdress, bunched around her waist.
He hooked his fingers into the waistband of her panties. Pulled them down. The cotton dragged over her hips. Her thighs. Dropped to the floor with a soft sound.
Right on the same spot.
She looked down. Grinned.
“Told you,” she said. “History repeats.”
He spread her legs. Wider. The streetlight caught the wet gleam between them.
“You’re already ready,” he said.
“Been ready since you carried me down the stairs.”
He bent between her legs. His mouth found her cunt. Warm. Wet. His tongue pressed flat against her clit.
Yazhini’s head tipped back. Her hands found the counter edge. Gripped. Hard.
“Fuck,” she whispered.
He worked her with his mouth. Slow. Patient. His tongue circled her clit. Then flattened. Then circled again. Reading her. Feeling the way her thighs tightened around his ears when he did it right.
Her breathing came short. Sharp. Behind clenched teeth.
“Right there,” she whispered. “Don’t stop.”
He didn’t stop. His tongue kept its rhythm. Steady. Wet. The sound filled the small space between the counter and her thighs.
Her hand found his hair. Gripped. Not guiding. Needing to hold something.
“Selvam.” His name. Broken. “I’m close.”
He pulled back. Just enough to speak. His lips still brushing her wet folds.
“Not yet,” he said. “Hold it.”
She whined. Small. Frustrated. Her hips rocked forward, seeking his mouth.
He straightened. Stood between her spread legs. His cock was hard in his briefs. The fabric strained.
Yazhini reached down. Her small hand found the waistband. She pulled his cock free through the opening. The head sprang out. Dark. Slick at the tip.
She held him in both hands. Her fingers wrapped around the shaft. Not quite meeting.
“God,” she said. Quiet. Wonder in her voice. “Every time I look at it I can’t believe it’s real.”
“It’s real.”
“It’s so big.” Her thumb traced the vein along the underside. Slow. “And it’s all mine.”
She slid off the counter. Dropped to her knees on the cool tile. Her nightdress pooled around her thighs.
She looked up at him. Her eyes were dark in the streetlight.
“I want to try something,” she said.
“Try.”
She took the head of his cock between her lips. Heat. Wet. Her mouth was warm. She sucked. Gentle. Uncertain.
Her hand wrapped around the base. She stroked. Counterpoint to her lips. The rhythm was clumsy. Eager. She was learning the geometry of him by feel.
“Slower,” Selvam said. His hand found the back of her head. Not pushing. Present.
She pulled off. A wet sound. “Like this?”
“Like that. But take more.”
She took him deeper. Her lips stretched around the head. Her tongue pressed against the underside. She sucked. Harder this time. Focused.
“Good,” he said. “That’s good.”
Her hand kept stroking the shaft. Her mouth worked the head. The wet sounds filled the kitchen. Quiet. Careful. She was trying so hard to be good at it.
She pulled off again. Breathless. “Am I doing it right?”
“You’re doing perfect.”
“Tell me what you like.”
“I like your mouth.” His thumb brushed her lower lip. Wet. “I like the way you hold me. I like that you’re on your knees in your father’s kitchen trying not to make noise.”
She grinned. Took him back into her mouth. Deeper this time. Her nose pressed against his stomach. She held there. Her throat worked.
Selvam’s breath caught. His hand tightened in her hair.
“Yazhini.” Her name. Low. Warning.
She pulled off. Looked up. Milk or saliva glistened on her lower lip.
“I want to make you come,” she said. “Right here. With my mouth.”
“Not yet.”
“Why not.”
“Because I want to be inside you when it happens.”
Her eyes widened. She stood. Fast. Her hands found his hips.
“Then do it,” she said. “Now.”
# Scene 3
Movement at the doorway. Selvam’s peripheral vision caught it first. A shape. Slow. Unsteady.
Moorthy.
Selvam did not move. His hand stayed on the counter edge. His grip whitened. His jaw set.
Moorthy stood in the doorway. Half-asleep. His veshti rumpled. His eyes heavy. He blinked at the dark kitchen.
“Water,” he mumbled.
Selvam reached into the refrigerator with his free hand. The light spilled white. He pulled out a glass. Cold. Full.
He held it out. Composed. Authority in the gesture. A man doing nothing unusual in his father-in-law’s kitchen at midnight.
Moorthy took the glass. Drank. Long pulls. Water ran down his chin. He wiped it with the back of his hand.
Set the glass on the counter. Nodded once. Shuffled back toward the staircase.
His footsteps receded. One tread. Another. The old wood creaked under his weight. Then silence.
The moment the last step creaked, Yazhini came up from her knees. Fast. Her face buried in Selvam’s chest. Her whole body shook.
Laughter. Suppressed. Trembling through her. Tears ran down her cheeks. She bit his chest to muffle the sound.
“Oh my god,” she whispered against his skin. “Oh my god, oh my god.”
He held her. His hand flat against her back. Feeling the laughter work through her ribs.
“Your face,” she gasped. “You looked so serious. Like you were negotiating a treaty.”
“Be quiet.”
“He was three feet from my head.” She pressed her face harder into his chest. Her shoulders shook. “Three feet.”
“Yazhini.”
“Did he see my panties on the floor?”
“No.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes.”
She looked up. Her eyes were wet. Bright. Wild with the effort of holding it in.
“That was the most terrifying thing I’ve ever done,” she said.
“Good. Now be quiet for real.”
He turned her. Fast. Put her face-down on the counter. Her cheek pressed against the cool marble. One leg hooked over the edge. Open.
He positioned himself behind her. The head of his cock pressed against her entrance. Wet. Slick from her mouth.
He pushed. Slow. One firm thrust. Full length.
Yazhini’s breath caught. Sharp. Bitten-off. Her fingers found the far edge of the counter. Gripped.
“Don’t make a sound,” Selvam said. Low. Against her ear.
She nodded. Her cheek flat against the stone.
He fucked her. Steady. Deep. Each thrust drove to the root. His hands gripped her hips. Thumbs pressing into the soft flesh.
The counter creaked. Quiet. Controlled. The wet sound of his cock sliding in and out filled the small space between them.
Yazhini’s breathing came short. Behind clenched teeth. Her fingers whitened on the counter edge.
“Close,” she whispered. Barely sound.
“Hold it.”
“I can’t.”
“Hold it.”
She held. Her whole body braced. Trembling. The orgasm built low in her belly. Pressure. Heat. Climbing.
It broke. Silent. Her back arched. Her pussy clenched around his cock in rhythmic pulses. Her face pressed flat against the marble. No sound. Nothing. Just the tight, hot grip of her around him and the shaking of her shoulders.
Selvam felt it. The specific, internal pulsing. He kept his rhythm. Steady. Let her ride it out.
His own release built. Low. Tight. His balls drew up. The pressure gathered at the base of his spine.
Movement at the doorway.
Rangam.
She stood in the frame. Backlit by the dim hall light. She could only see his back from where she stood.
Broad shoulders. The muscles of his back shifting with each thrust. The specific, rhythmic clench of his ass cheeks as he drove forward.
Then she saw it. The unmistakable sight.
His balls tightened. Drew up against the base of his cock. The long, shuddering release followed, thick ropes catching the streetlight before landing.
Rangam’s eyes fixed on the sight of his balls from behind, heavy and full between his thighs, drawn tight against his body like something alive.
Each thrust, his balls dangling and hitting her daughter.
Rangam did not move.
The rhythm broke apart. His hips stuttered forward. Held. Selvam’s whole body went rigid, every muscle in his back locked, and the second pulse followed the first.
Third pulse.
Selvam’s fingers dug into her hips, holding her in place while his cock emptied inside her, and Yazhini felt the heat of it filling her deeper than before.
“Fuck, you’re so tight,” he breathed against her ear, voice rough, barely controlled.
Yazhini’s whole body shook. Her cheek stayed pressed to the marble. A soft moan started to build in her throat.
“Shhh.” Her own whisper, barely there. “Amma might wake up.”
She had no idea.
Rangam stood in the doorway, one hand braced against the frame, watching her son-in-law’s back arch and settle, watching the last of him pump into her daughter
The jealousy came up again, through her chest like something with claws.
Selvam felt the last pulse leave him and reached forward, both hands finding Yazhini’s waist. He pulled her up off the marble, her back arching against his chest, his cock still buried inside her.
She gasped at the movement. Her head fell back against his shoulder.
He turned her face toward his and kissed her.
His mouth stayed on hers a long moment. Her breathing slowed against his lips.
He pulled her back against his chest fully. His nose found her hair. The jasmine smell had faded to sweat and milk and something warmer underneath. He breathed it in anyway.
Rangam’s foot shifted against the tile, she was watching from her hiding spot.
Rangam pulled back from the doorframe. Fast. Silent. Her bare feet found the wall beside the pantry, the shadow there deep enough to swallow her whole. She pressed her spine flat against the plaster and stopped breathing.
The kitchen light didn’t reach this far. She counted on that now the way she’d counted on the pooja room door the night before.
Selvam eased out of her, slow, his cock going still hard between them. Yazhini’s legs unlocked from around his waist. Her feet found the tile.
“Come here.” He pulled her against his chest. Her cheek found his sternum.
“So you were saying something about your mom,” he said.
Yazhini stilled. “Right now?”
“Yeah,” Selvam said. His hand stayed flat on her back. “You said you thought about her fingering herself downstairs alone. Do you really think that’s what she was doing?”
Yazhini was quiet against his chest. Her fingers traced a slow line across his ribs.
“Yes,” she said finally. “I do.”
“Why does that make you sad and not, I don’t know, embarrassed for her.”
“Because she deserves someone who notices.” Yazhini’s voice was small in the dark kitchen. “You notice everything.”
“My father doens’t notice her like that.”
Behind the pantry shadow, Rangam went rigid. Her hand found the wall and pressed flat against it.
Nobody. She had used that word. Nobody notices.
The word landed somewhere under her ribs and stayed there.
Selvam’s hand kept moving on Yazhini’s back. Slow circles. “That’s a big thing to say about your father.”
“I love Appa.” Yazhini’s voice was quiet. Certain. “But loving someone and seeing them aren’t the same thing. He looks at her and sees the woman who makes his coffee and irons his veshti and manages the house. He doesn’t look at her and see... ” She stopped.
“See what.”
“A woman.” Yazhini’s finger traced the same line across his ribs, over and over, like she needed something to do with her hand while she said it. “Someone who still wants to be wanted.”
Rangam’s throat tightened. Her fingers curled against the plaster.
“You think about this a lot,” Selvam said.
“Since the wedding. Since I started sleeping next door to them and hearing how quiet their room is.” Yazhini’s voice dropped further. “Ours isn’t quiet.”
“No,” he agreed. “It isn’t.”
“I used to feel guilty about that. Like I was doing something she couldn’t have.” She shifted against his chest. “Now I just feel sad for her.”
Rangam pressed the back of her hand against her own mouth. The gesture was becoming familiar to her now, this last week. Her palm smelled of nothing. Her own breath came hot against her skin.
“If you could ask her one thing,” Selvam said, “what would you ask.”
A pause. Long enough that Rangam heard the refrigerator hum through the silence, felt it in her teeth.
“I’d ask if she remembers what it felt like.” Yazhini’s voice had gone very soft. “Before she became just Amma. Before she became just Appa’s wife. I’d ask if there’s still a version of her in there that wants things.”
Rangam’s eyes stung. She blinked hard against the dark of the pantry corner.
“There is,” Selvam said.
“How do you know that.”
“Because everyone has one,” he said. “Even people who’ve stopped believing it themselves.”
Yazhini went quiet again. Rangam heard his breathing settle against her hair, thinking about how easily she’d said it. A woman who still wants to be wanted.
“What if it wasn’t just about noticing,” Selvam said. “What if there was something you could actually do about it.”
Yazhini’s finger stopped on his ribs. “Like what.”
“You tell me. You’re the one who thinks about it.”
She was quiet a long moment. He felt her breathing change, slow and deliberate, the way she breathed when she was working something out in her head.
“I could talk to her,” Yazhini said. “Tell her she deserves more. Encourage her to buy things for herself.”
Selvam laughed, low, against her hair. “A sex toy.”
Yazhini pulled back enough to look at him. Her hand found his cock where it hung soft now, still wet, and wrapped around it without thinking, the way she did most things now... automatic, unembarrassed.
“Why is that funny.”
“Because it’s plastic.” He tipped her chin up with two fingers. “You want to solve a man’s absence with a battery.”
“It’s better than nothing.” Her thumb dragged slow along the underside of his cock. She was watching her own hand do it, not his face. “Women buy them all the time.”
“Women who don’t have a choice buy them.” His hand covered hers, stilled it. Not pulling her off, just holding. “Your mother has a choice sitting three feet from her every night. Warm. Breathing. With a mustache.”
Yazhini snorted, quiet, quickly swallowed. Her fingers tightened around him anyway, restless under his palm.
“That’s not helpful.”
“I’m not trying to be helpful.” His voice dropped further. “I’m telling you a toy in a drawer isn’t going to fix what she’s missing. It’s not going to hold her. It’s not going to know when to go slow and when not to.”
“So what, then.” She stroked him again, slower now, watching him thicken slightly under her hand even soft, even spent. “What’s the actual answer.”
“You already know the answer.”
“Say it.”
“You said it yourself, twenty minutes ago.” His hand moved to her jaw, tilted her face up properly this time. “A man who notices.”
Rangam’s spine pressed harder into the plaster. She could not believe what she was hearing.
Yazhini’s fingers had gone still on him. She was looking up now, into his face, her whole body caught somewhere between the question and whatever answer she was afraid to reach for.
“You’re not talking about buying her something,” she said slowly.
“No.”
“Then what am I talking about.”
Selvam’s thumb traced her jawline. “You tell me. What do you think I’m talking about.”
Yazhini’s hand was still wrapped around his cock. She was playing with it like a toy, pulling and pushing his foreskin.
“You want me to say it.”
“I want you to say what’s true. Not what you think I want.”
“That’s not an answer either.”
“No,” he agreed. “It isn’t.”
She was quiet. Her thumb moved once, absently, along the vein on the underside of his cock, the motion no longer deliberate, just a place for her hand to be while her mind went somewhere else.
Behind the pantry, Rangam’s breath came shallow through her nose. She did not move her hand from her mouth.
“You think I should give her this.” Yazhini’s voice came out small. Testing the words the way she’d test a hot pan, quick, ready to pull back.
“I think you want something you’re ashamed to name.”
“I didn’t say that.”
“You’re holding me like you’re still deciding.”
Yazhini looked at her own hand again. Her fingers loosened slightly around him, then tightened, an unconscious correction.
“That’s different,” she said. “This is mine.”
“Is it.”
“Yes.”
“Then why do keep worrying she is not getting what she needs.”
She didn’t answer that. Her jaw worked once, silent, and Selvam watched her face the way he watched everything, patient, unhurried, like there was no clock running anywhere in the world.
“You want to know what I’d do,” she said. “If she needed someone. The way I needed you.”
“Yes,” Selvam said. “That’s what I want to know.”
Yazhini’s hand stayed on him. Her thumb stopped moving. “You’d let me.”
“I’m asking what you’d let yourself do.”
She looked down at his cock, like she was seeing it for the first time. Behind the pantry wall, the refrigerator hum filled the silence where her next words should have been.
“If I said her name right now,” Yazhini said slowly, “would that make it real.”
“It’s already real. You’ve been circling it for twenty minutes.”
“I haven’t said anything.”
“You said nobody notices her. You said you feel sad for her. You said you think about her hand between her legs downstairs alone.” His voice stayed even. Patient. “That’s not circling. That’s arriving.”
Yazhini’s breath went shaky. She let go of him. Her hand pressed flat against his chest instead, over his heart, the way she’d done before.
“If I said yes,” she said, “what happens tomorrow morning. What happens when she looks at me over breakfast.”
“That depends on what you decide tonight has to mean.”
“Everything has to mean something.”
“Not always.” His hand found the back of her neck, thumb resting at the base of her skull. “Sometimes a thing can just be true without a name attached to it yet.”
Rangam’s fingers curled tighter against the plaster. She had stopped breathing through her nose and started holding it entirely, her chest aching with the effort.
“I keep picturing it,” Yazhini whispered. “Her face. What she’d look like if someone finally... ” She stopped herself again.
“Finished the sentence.”
“If someone finally gave her what she stopped asking for.”
Her hand tightened around his cock. “I want my mom to feel something like this.”
His cock twitched against her palm. She felt it happen, the strong pulse against her fingers, and looked up at his face. Curious. Reading him the way she’d learned to read him over these past weeks.
Selvam’s expression didn’t change. Just the twitch. Just the answer his body gave before his mouth could decide what to say.
“That reaction,” Yazhini said. “What was that.”
“Nothing.”
“You don’t do nothing.” Her thumb pressed against the underside of him, testing. “I felt it.”
Rangam’s spine stayed flat against the plaster. She did not breathe.
“Say her name,” Yazhini said. Quiet. Her hand had gone still around him, but she hadn’t let go. “Just her name. See what happens.”
“Yazhini.”
“Say it.”
His jaw tightened. She watched it happen in the dim light, the small flex at the hinge of his jaw, and her own chest went tight watching him try to hold something back that she’d already felt in her palm.
“Rangam,” he said.
His cock jumped again. Harder this time. Against her fingers, unmistakable, a full pulse of blood that she felt travel the length of him.
Yazhini’s mouth opened. No sound came out.
Behind the pantry wall, Rangam heard her own name spoken in his voice, low and flat and final, like a door closing on something she couldn’t see the other side of. Her knees went soft. She caught herself against the plaster, palm flat, nails finding purchase in nothing.
“You got hard,” Yazhini said. Her voice had gone strange. Thin. “Saying her name got you hard.”
“You asked me to say it.”
“That’s not an answer.”
He looked down at her. His hand found her chin, tipped it up, the way he always did when he wanted her full attention on his face and nothing else.
“You’ve been building this for twenty minutes,” he said. “Don’t act surprised when it arrives.”
“I’m not surprised.” Her hand tightened around him again, an unconscious grip, her whole body caught between the words she’d said and the thing his cock had just told her without permission. “I’m ... I don’t know what I am.”
“Say what you feel. Not what you think you should feel.”
“I feel like I want to know,” Yazhini said. “If it’s real. If she’s real to you. Not just an accident in a fitting room.”
Selvam’s hand stayed at her jaw, steady. He didn’t answer right away, and the silence pressed against her more than any words could have.
Her fingers moved on his cock again. Slow. Testing. She watched his face for the flicker, the tell, the thing his mouth wouldn’t give her.
“Say it again,” she said.
“Yazhini... ”
“Not my name.” Her grip tightened, deliberate now, no longer accidental. “Hers.”
He looked at her for a long moment.
“Rangam,” he said again.
His cock twitched in her hand. Smaller this time, but she felt it, the same unmistakable jump, proof arriving twice in the same night.
Yazhini’s breath came out unsteady. Her thumb pressed against the vein on the underside, feeling it pulse under her touch like something separate from him, something that answered to a name and not to his will.
“It happens every time,” she whispered. “You can’t stop it.”
“No.”
“You don’t want to stop it.”
He didn’t answer that. His jaw was tight, his eyes on her face, and she realized he wasn’t going to give her the words. He was going to make her build the whole thing herself, brick by brick, out of what his body kept confessing.
She stroked him once, slow, base to tip, watching him thicken further under her palm despite everything he’d already given her tonight.
Yazhini’s hand went still around him. She looked up, and something in her face had shifted... the playful edge draining out of it, replaced by a stillness that looked almost frightened of itself.
“I’m sorry,” she said. “For teasing you like that. Making you say her name over and over.”
“You don’t need to apologize.”
“I do, though.” Her thumb moved once, absent, along his skin. “I liked watching it happen. That’s the part I’m sorry for.”
He covered her hand with his. Stilled it completely this time.
“Can I ask you something,” she said. “And you have to answer honestly. Not careful. Honestly.”
“Ask.”
“If I wanted her to have this.” Her eyes held his, steady despite the shake in her voice. “If I said yes, Athaan, give her what you give me. Would you do it.”
The kitchen light hummed somewhere overhead. Behind the pantry wall, nothing moved.
“No,” Selvam said.
The word landed flat. No hesitation behind it.
“That’s it. Just no.”
“That’s it.”
Yazhini’s mouth opened, then closed. Her hand slid off him slowly, like she’d forgotten it was there.
“It’s not appropriate,” he said. “Not for her. Not for you. Not for any of us.”
“But your body just told me... ”
“My body doesn’t get a vote.” His hand found her jaw again, firmer this time. “You asked what’s true. That’s true too. Two things can both be true and only one of them gets to happen.”
“She’d never even have to know I... ”
“Yazhini.” His voice dropped, cut through hers clean. “Your mother would kill us both. Not figuratively. She would take something sharp out of that kitchen drawer and use it on me first, and then find a way to make you watch.”
A laugh cracked out of her, startled, half a sob underneath it. She pressed the back of her wrist against her mouth.
“That’s not funny,” she said.
“It’s a little funny.”
“It’s really not.” But she was still laughing, quiet, shaking, the sound of someone who’d been holding something too tight for too long and needed anywhere to put it down.
He pulled her against his chest. Her cheek found the same spot it always found, just below his collarbone, and her arms came around his waist like they belonged there.
Her breathing slowed against his skin. He felt it happen, the long inhale and longer exhale, the rhythm of someone tipping toward sleep whether she wanted to or not.
“I’m not tired,” she mumbled into his chest.
“You are.”
“I’m not.”
He scooped her up. One arm under her knees, the other along her back. She made a small sound of protest and then didn’t, her head dropping against his shoulder like it belonged nowhere else.
“Put me down. I can walk.”
“You can barely keep your eyes open.”
“I’m having a conversation with you.”
“You were asleep for the last part of it.” He carried her past the counter, past the dark shapes of the panties still crumpled somewhere near the fridge, and started for the stairs. “You just don’t know it yet.”
Her arm looped around his neck. Her fingers found the hair at his nape and stayed there, not gripping, just resting.
“This was a lot of night,” she said. Her voice had gone soft at the edges, blurred.
“It was.”
“Are you going to be weird tomorrow.”
“No.”
“Promise.”
“I promise.”
She was quiet on the stairs. Her weight settled fully into his arms, the last resistance going out of her body the way it always did once she stopped fighting it. At the landing he paused, listened. Nothing from Moorthy’s room. Nothing from anywhere.
He carried her into the bedroom and laid her on the sheets. She curled onto her side before he’d even straightened up, one hand tucked under her cheek, her knees drawing toward her chest.
“Stay,” she said. Half word, half breath.
“I’m not going anywhere.”
He lay down behind her. Fit himself against her back, his arm coming over her waist, his palm flattening against her stomach. Her hand found his and held it there.
Her breathing evened out within a minute. Deep. Slow. Gone.
He stayed awake a while longer, staring at the dark ceiling, her heartbeat faint under his palm.


![[+]](https://xossipy.com/themes/sharepoint/collapse_collapsed.png)