19-09-2026, 10:20 AM
Chapter 160: The Taste of Curiosity
# Scene 1
The pot still steamed. Rangam wrapped it twice in a kitchen towel, the brass hot enough to make her finger smart. Three hours over the stove. Dosas. Sambar. Coconut chutney with a half-teaspoon of green chilli that would make the girl complain and eat anyway.
She packed the dosa batter separately in a steel container. The girl’s husband ate them fresh. She knew that much from breakfasts that lasted past nine.
Yazhini had called at four. Night shift at the hospital. The voice thin with tiredness. “Amma, I can’t cook. Tell Appa to give the dosa to Athaan.”
“Your appa is going to chess.”
“Then you.”
“Me.”
“Just drop it off, ma. Please.”
Rangam had held the phone to her ear and listened to her nineteen-year-old daughter sound forty. The girl was married two weeks. Already delegating.
Moorthy left at six. Silk shirt. Mustache waxed. Chess on Tuesdays was his one night. He did not ask where she was going.
She drove Moorthy’s old Maruti. The streets were empty. Chennai at eight on a Tuesday. The temple bells had finished.
Selvam’s house sat dark. No lights in the front rooms. No movement behind the French doors. Rangam parked under the mango tree and sat for a minute with the engine off.
She had not been here alone since the wedding. Not once.
The gate was unlocked. The veranda smelled of jasmine. The brass pot sat empty by the door. No fresh water. Rangam knocked once. Waited. Knocked twice.
No answer.
She pushed the door. It gave under her hand. The hinges whispered.
“Selvam.” Her voice in the dark hallway. “It’s Rangam. I have food.”
The hall held silence. The marble under her slippers was cool.
She moved toward the kitchen. One hand on the wall. The other balancing the pots. The hallway opened into the living room, darker, the French doors showing nothing but the black shape of the courtyard.
Something moved behind her.
Two hands. Big. They closed around her waist from behind and pulled her back against a chest. Hard. The breath went out of her. The pots clattered on the marble.
“Ma.” The voice in her ear. Low. Warm. “I thought you were on night shift.”
The hands slid down to her hips. Held. His cock pressed between her ass through the saree. Thick. Hard. Full against the small of her back.
Rangam screamed.
Loud. The kind that came from the bottom of her stomach and filled the whole dark house and bounced off the marble and came back at her. She dropped the pots. Brass hit marble with a clang that went on and on.
The hands let go. She spun. Her elbow caught something in the dark. A shelf. A lamp.
The light came on.
Selvam stood two feet away. His eyes wide. His hand still on the switch. He was in gym shorts and nothing else. His chest bare. His cock stood out from the shorts. Hard. Full. The head dark against the white cotton.
“Rangam.” His voice cracked. “I thought... the door... Yazhini... ”
“I am not your wife.” Rangam pressed her palm flat against her own chest. Her heart was trying to come through the skin. “I am forty-two years old and I have been married to Krishnamoorthy for twenty years and you just put your... that... against my back.”
His face did something she had never seen it do in thirty years of knowing him. It crumpled. His hand came up to his mouth. Then down. Then up again. The cock did not soften. It stood there between them like a third person in the room.
“I am so sorry.” He bent and picked up the pots. His hands shook. “I was... the house was dark. I thought it was her. She has a key. She comes in without knocking. I was going to... surprise her... ”
“With that thing.”
“Rangam.”
“Don’t Rangam me. That is not a surprise. That is an assault.”
He set the pots on the side table. His ears had gone red. The cock pressed against the shorts. He did not try to hide it.
“I am sorry.” His voice came out steady. The only steady thing in the room. “Completely. Entirely. I will go put on clothes.”
He turned. The shorts did nothing for him. The shape of his ass was clean under the cotton. He walked to the bedroom. The door closed.
Rangam stood in the living room with her hand still on her chest and her breath coming back. The chutney had spilled. A green slick on the marble. She bent and wiped it with the corner of her saree.
The laughter came then. It started low and built and broke out of her and filled the room. She sat down on the edge of the sofa and laughed until her eyes went wet.
He came back in jeans and a t-shirt. The cock was hidden. His face was still red.
“What is funny.”
“You.” She wiped her eye with the heel of her hand. “Forty-eight years old. Jumping on women in the dark like a collegeboy.”
“I told you. I thought... ”
“I know what you thought.” She stood. The laughter was still in her chest. “At your age, Selvam. Still doing that.”
“What does age have to do with it.”
“Everything.” She picked up the pots. “At forty-eight, most men are sitting in armchairs reading about their prostates. You are hiding behind doors with that standing at attention. It is impressive.”
He did not smile. His jaw moved once.
“I will set the table.” She moved past him to the kitchen. “Do not jump on me again.”
“I wasn’t jumping.”
“You were gripping.”
The kitchen was clean. Too clean. A man’s kitchen. Steel countertops. A filter coffee setup that looked used. Rangam unpacked the pots. The dosa batter went into the fridge. The sambar she reheated on his stove. The chutney she scooped into a small steel bowl.
She set two plates. Two steel tumblers for water. Two spoons. The dosa pan she found under the sink. She greased it with a drop of oil and poured the first batter.
“You don’t have to cook.”
“I am already cooking.” The batter hissed. She spread it thin with the back of the ladle. “Sit.”
He sat at the table. His hands were flat on the wood. He watched her turn the dosa.
“You are very good at this,” he said.
“Twenty-three years of practice.”
“I meant at making me feel like an idiot.”
She flipped the dosa. Gold on both sides. Crisp. “That takes no practice. You do most of the work yourself.”
The first dosa went onto his plate. She poured the second. The kitchen smelled of ghee and batter and the green chilli she had put in the chutney. The light was warm. Yellow. Not the overhead. A small lamp on the counter.
Rangam looked at him over the pan.
He was eating. One hand. His jaw working. His eyes on the plate. The grey at his temples caught the light. Forty-eight. The same man who had fucked her on a mat at twenty-five and then married someone else and then buried that someone and raised a son and built a company and married her daughter.
She turned the dosa.
# Scene 2
Two dosas each. The sambar steaming. The chutney with its half-teaspoon of chilli that made him cough once and keep eating.
Rangam ate with her left hand. The right stirring the next batter. Old habit. A mother never sat down for a whole meal.
“The Chief Minister,” she said. “Ninety years old and she walked into that mandap without a hand on her arm.”
Selvam nodded. “She read the proposal. The reusable booster. She knew what she was looking at.”
“She knew what she was looking at in the mandap too.” Rangam poured batter. The circle spread. “Ninety years old and she looked at you tying that thali and I saw her face. She was thinking the same thing every woman in that hall was thinking.”
“Which was.”
“That the girl picked well.”
He said nothing. Ate.
“The Prime Minister’s office called.” He tore a piece of dosa. “They want a briefing next month.”
“Your life.” Rangam flipped the dosa. “Rockets and weddings in the same week.”
“Your daughter’s life now.”
The words sat between them. Rangam did not look up from the pan.
They finished eating. She washed the plates. He dried. Old rhythm. The kitchen warm. The coffee percolating in the filter. Two steel tumblers on the counter.
They sat at the table with coffee. The overhead light off. Just the small lamp.
“Before Moorthy,” Rangam said. “That fitness center. The one you ran on Shastri Road.”
Selvam’s thumb stopped on the tumbler rim. “Twenty-five years ago.”
“Twenty-three. I was nineteen.”
“You remember the date.”
“I remember the mat.” She drank. The coffee was strong. His hand. Not hers. “Green rubber. The smell of it. You had a towel under my back.”
“You had a waist chain on.”
“I always had a waist chain on.” She set the tumbler down. “You took it off with your teeth.”
He was quiet. His eyes on the coffee.
“You still look good,” he said. “For forty-two.”
“Trisha looks good for forty-two.”
“You look like Trisha.”
“Stop.”
“I mean it.”
She did not blush. Rangam did not blush. Her ears went hot and she drank coffee to cover it.
“I tasted it.” She said it to the tumbler. “Your semen. This morning. On Yazhini’s chin.”
The tumbler stopped halfway to his mouth.
“What.”
“She missed a spot. Under the jaw. I wiped it with my thumb and it went into my mouth before I thought.” She looked at him. “Old habit. You wipe, you suck the thumb. I have been doing it since she was eating curd rice.”
His face had gone still. The way it went still when something hit him that he had not prepared for.
“You didn’t know.”
“No.”
“She washed twice. She stood at the mirror. She did not think to look under the chin.” Rangam’s mouth curved. “Nobody tells them that part.”
He set the tumbler down. Hard. Steel on wood.
“Rangam.”
“What.”
“That is... ”
“It happened. I’m telling you it happened.” She leaned forward. Her bangles slid. “And while we are telling truths, Yazhini is worried about your size.”
His jaw moved. Once.
“She came to me the next morning. ‘Amma, his cock is so big. How does he walk with it.’ Those were her words. Not mine.”
“Yazhini said that.”
“To her mother. Yes.”
“Jesus.”
“Not Jesus. Murugan. We are *****.” She drank. “She also said her jaw hurts. That it does not fit. I told her it gets easier. Do not do it four times in one week and then complain.”
He put his face in his hand. The laugh came out through his fingers. One sound. Short. Helpless.
“She is nineteen,” Rangam said. “She tells her mother everything. You married a child, Selvam. A child who tells her mother about your cock before breakfast.”
“I know what I married.”
“Do you.” She set the tumbler down. The coffee was gone. “I have a confession.”
He looked up.
“Twenty-three years.” Her voice went quiet. The kitchen quiet with it. “That day on the mat. You fucked me. Once. We were both naked. I felt you inside me. I came twice. You came once.”
He nodded. Once.
“I never saw your cock.” She said it flat. To the table. To the empty tumbler. “Not once. Not the whole thing. Not out. Not hard. Not soft. Nothing.”
His eyes held hers.
“You were on top. It was dark. The fitness center had one window and it was high. And we were both... ” She made a gesture. “Worried. Someone would come. Someone would hear. We did it fast. You came inside me and pulled out and that was it. I never touched it. I never held it. I never put my mouth on it.”
The kitchen held the words. The filter dripped once. Twice. Into silence.
“All these years.” Her bangles clicked against the wood. “I have wondered. What it looked like. What it felt like in my hand. What it tasted like. I have a daughter who has had it in her mouth four times in two weeks and I have never once... ”
She stopped.
“Is it wrong?” She looked at him. Direct. Her mother’s eyes. Steady. “To want to see it. To want to taste it. To want to swallow it the way I should have done twenty-three years ago on that mat when I was nineteen and stupid and worried about someone hearing.”
He did not move. His hands were flat on the table. His chest rose once. Fell.
“Rangam.” His voice came out rough. “You are... ”
“I know what I am. I am forty-two. I am married to Krishnamoorthy. I am your mother-in-law by marriage. I am also the woman you fucked on a green rubber mat when she was nineteen and you were twenty-five and neither of us had the guts to turn on a light.” She stood. The chair scbangd. “The question is simple. Yes or no.”
He looked at her. The grey at his temples. The lines at the corners of his eyes. The mouth that had not changed in twenty-three years.
“Yes,” he said.
# Scene 3
She knelt on his kitchen floor. The marble was cold through her saree. She did not care.
Selvam stood against the counter. His hands at his waist. The jeans came open. One button. The zipper. He pushed them down his hips. Not off. Just enough.
His cock came out. Hard. Full. The head dark against the white of his briefs. The shaft thick. Veined. The mole near the base that Yazhini had described in clinical detail over dosa.
Rangam froze.
“Ayyo.”
His hand was on it. Holding. The head aimed at her face. Six inches from her mouth.
“How do you walk with this?” Her voice came out small. Not the voice that ran a kitchen for twenty years. A girl’s voice. “Seriously. How do you stand in a mandap with this between your legs?”
“Rangam.”
“No, I am asking.” She leaned back on her heels. Her eyes wide. “My daughter. My nineteen-year-old daughter. This went inside her.”
“Yes.”
“Four times.”
“Yes.”
“Against a wall.”
His jaw moved. “Yes.”
Rangam put her hand over her mouth. The laugh got out anyway. Wet. Disbelieving. “Ayyo, Yazhini. I am so sorry, kanna. I did not know.”
She reached up. Her hand shook. She did not try to stop it shaking.
The first touch was ceremonial. Almost reverent. Her fingertips on the shaft. Warm. Hard. The skin soft over the hardness. She traced the vein with one finger. Base to head. The mole. The place Yazhini had described with her chin dripping.
“I am stealing from my daughter,” she said. Quiet. To the cock. Not to him. “Just this once. Forgive me, di.”
She bent forward. Her lips touched the head. Dry. A kiss. Chaste. The way a woman kisses a newborn’s forehead. Her eyes closed.
Then her tongue came out.
Wet. Flat against the underside. She licked from base to tip in one long stroke and the taste hit her. Salt. Warm. Skin. She did it again. Slower. Her mouth opened.
The lust came then. Not gradual. A flood. Twenty-three years of wondering became twenty-three years of hunger in the space of one breath.
She took the head into her mouth. Her jaw stretched. She was forty-two, not nineteen. Her jaw knew its limits. She pushed past them.
The obscene noise came out of her without permission. A wet, hungry sound. Her lips sealed around the shaft. She sucked. Hard. Her tongue worked the underside. Saliva ran down her chin. Down her neck. Onto the gold at her throat.
She did not wipe it.
Selvam’s hand found the back of her head. His fingers in her hair. Not pushing. Holding. His breath came out above her in one long, broken exhale.
“Rangam.”
She hummed around him. The vibration went through the cock and into his hips and his hand tightened in her hair.
She pulled off. A thread of saliva connected her lip to the head. She broke it with her thumb and put the thumb in her mouth. Sucked it clean. Looked up at him.
“Your daughter complains her jaw hurts.” She took him back into her mouth. Deeper this time. Her nose pressed against his stomach. She held there. Her throat worked. She pulled back gasping. “Now I know why.”
She went down again. Sloppy. Wet. The sounds filled the kitchen. Obscene. Unmistakable. A forty-two-year-old woman on her knees with her saree pooled around her and her mouth full of her son-in-law’s cock and not one part of her pretending it was anything else.
Selvam’s hips moved. A small thrust. Uncontrolled. His hand in her hair turned to fist.
“Sorry,” he said. The word came out wrecked.
She pulled off. Saliva hung from her chin. “Don’t apologize. Move. I want to feel it.”
He thrust. Once. Carefully. The head hit the back of her throat and she gagged and took it and did not pull away. Her eyes watered. She looked up at him through the wet.
Vanitha was twenty-five. And his wife had died young. Rangam was neither. She was forty-two. She had a nineteen-year-old daughter married to this man. She had twenty-three years of marriage in her hands and her mouth and she used all of it.
She took him deeper than Yazhini could. Deeper than Vanitha could. Her throat opened. She swallowed around him. The obscene wet sound turned to something lower. Deeper. A groan that came from her chest and vibrated through his cock.
His hand was shaking. His whole body was shaking. Rangam felt it through the floor. Through the marble under her knees. Through the cock in her mouth.
She pulled off. Spit hung between them. She wiped her mouth with the back of her wrist and reached between his legs.
His balls. Heavy. Warm. She cupped them in her palm. Weighed them. Her thumb found the seam. Rubbed.
“These.” She looked up. Her voice hoarse. “How many grandchildren are in here?”
“Rangam.”
“I want four. Five.” She bent and put her mouth on one ball. Kissed it. Wet. Open-mouthed. Her tongue flat against the skin. “My daughter’s hips are good. She will carry well. One every two years. You will be fifty-five with a house full of children.”
She kissed the other ball. Worshipful. Her lips soft. Her tongue tracing the shape. “These are precious. These make my grandchildren. Treat them well.”
She went back to his cock. Her mouth was wrecked. Her jaw ached. She did not care. She took him deep and sucked and the wet sounds came back louder. Her hand worked the base in rhythm. Up. Down. Twist at the head. The way she had done for twenty-three years with a different man in a different bed.
Selvam’s breathing changed. His hips lost their rhythm. His hand in her hair tightened to the point of pain.
“Rangam.” His voice broke. “I’m going to... ”
She pulled off. Just the head in her mouth. Her lips tight. Her tongue flat against the slit.
“Here,” she said. Around him. “Give it to me.”
He came.
The first pulse hit the back of her throat. Thick. Hot. She swallowed without pulling away. The second came. More. She swallowed again. The third. The fourth. She took every pulse. Her throat working. Her lips sealed. Not one drop escaped.
When it was done she held him in her mouth for three extra seconds. Her tongue flat. Tasting.
Then she let him slip out. Slowly. A thin line of cum connected them. She caught it with her finger and pushed the finger into her mouth. Swallowed. Looked up.
“Coconut water,” she said. Her voice was ruined. “Warm milk. Almond skin at the back. No ash. No buttermilk.” She wiped her chin. “A delicacy. Just like I said.”
He was breathing through his mouth. His hand still in her hair. His cock was softening against her cheek. Wet. Spent.
“Rangam.” His voice came out rough. “Do you want... ”
“No.” She stood. Her knees cracked. The marble had left marks on her skin. “I may have slipped. I am not a monster.”
She walked to the sink. Ran water. Washed her face. Cold. Her saree was rumpled. The pallu had come loose. Her midriff showed. The waist chain sat across her navel. Gold against gold skin.
She turned. Dried her hands on a towel.
“That stays between us.” Her voice was her own again. The mother. The wife. “Yazhini does not need to know her mother has better technique than she does.”
He had tucked himself away. His jeans were done up. His face was composed. Except his eyes. His eyes followed her across the kitchen.
She picked up her purse. The empty pots. She walked to the door. Her hips swayed. The saree whispered. The waist chain ticked against her skin with each step.
Behind her, she heard it. The soft sound of denim tightening. His cock, half-hard again, pushing against the zipper.
She did not turn around.
She did not have to. He could feel his own zipper against himself, the denim gone tight and mean across the ridge of it, and he stood there in his own kitchen with a woman’s saliva drying on his cheek and watched her walk.
Her hips did that thing. Left, then right, the pleats of the saree swinging out and falling back, the loose pallu trailing off one shoulder. The chain caught the lamplight in the small of her back where the blouse ended. Tick. Tick. Gold over gold, keeping time with her heels on his marble.
His cock jumped. Hard enough that he felt the seam of the jeans bite.
Trisha. He had said it at the table like a compliment and it had not been one, it had been a fact and he had said the fact out loud like an idiot, and now she was walking away from him with the exact walk ... not performed, that was the whole problem, she was not doing it at him, she was simply crossing a room the way she had crossed rooms for forty-two years ... and his body was answering it like a dog at a gate.
Twenty-three years ago he had watched her walk out of the fitness center in the same kind of light. He had not looked at her face then either. He had looked at the chain.
“Rangam.”
She stopped at the door. She did not turn. “I can’t Selvam. I can’t do that to my daughter.” and she left.
# Scene 1
The pot still steamed. Rangam wrapped it twice in a kitchen towel, the brass hot enough to make her finger smart. Three hours over the stove. Dosas. Sambar. Coconut chutney with a half-teaspoon of green chilli that would make the girl complain and eat anyway.
She packed the dosa batter separately in a steel container. The girl’s husband ate them fresh. She knew that much from breakfasts that lasted past nine.
Yazhini had called at four. Night shift at the hospital. The voice thin with tiredness. “Amma, I can’t cook. Tell Appa to give the dosa to Athaan.”
“Your appa is going to chess.”
“Then you.”
“Me.”
“Just drop it off, ma. Please.”
Rangam had held the phone to her ear and listened to her nineteen-year-old daughter sound forty. The girl was married two weeks. Already delegating.
Moorthy left at six. Silk shirt. Mustache waxed. Chess on Tuesdays was his one night. He did not ask where she was going.
She drove Moorthy’s old Maruti. The streets were empty. Chennai at eight on a Tuesday. The temple bells had finished.
Selvam’s house sat dark. No lights in the front rooms. No movement behind the French doors. Rangam parked under the mango tree and sat for a minute with the engine off.
She had not been here alone since the wedding. Not once.
The gate was unlocked. The veranda smelled of jasmine. The brass pot sat empty by the door. No fresh water. Rangam knocked once. Waited. Knocked twice.
No answer.
She pushed the door. It gave under her hand. The hinges whispered.
“Selvam.” Her voice in the dark hallway. “It’s Rangam. I have food.”
The hall held silence. The marble under her slippers was cool.
She moved toward the kitchen. One hand on the wall. The other balancing the pots. The hallway opened into the living room, darker, the French doors showing nothing but the black shape of the courtyard.
Something moved behind her.
Two hands. Big. They closed around her waist from behind and pulled her back against a chest. Hard. The breath went out of her. The pots clattered on the marble.
“Ma.” The voice in her ear. Low. Warm. “I thought you were on night shift.”
The hands slid down to her hips. Held. His cock pressed between her ass through the saree. Thick. Hard. Full against the small of her back.
Rangam screamed.
Loud. The kind that came from the bottom of her stomach and filled the whole dark house and bounced off the marble and came back at her. She dropped the pots. Brass hit marble with a clang that went on and on.
The hands let go. She spun. Her elbow caught something in the dark. A shelf. A lamp.
The light came on.
Selvam stood two feet away. His eyes wide. His hand still on the switch. He was in gym shorts and nothing else. His chest bare. His cock stood out from the shorts. Hard. Full. The head dark against the white cotton.
“Rangam.” His voice cracked. “I thought... the door... Yazhini... ”
“I am not your wife.” Rangam pressed her palm flat against her own chest. Her heart was trying to come through the skin. “I am forty-two years old and I have been married to Krishnamoorthy for twenty years and you just put your... that... against my back.”
His face did something she had never seen it do in thirty years of knowing him. It crumpled. His hand came up to his mouth. Then down. Then up again. The cock did not soften. It stood there between them like a third person in the room.
“I am so sorry.” He bent and picked up the pots. His hands shook. “I was... the house was dark. I thought it was her. She has a key. She comes in without knocking. I was going to... surprise her... ”
“With that thing.”
“Rangam.”
“Don’t Rangam me. That is not a surprise. That is an assault.”
He set the pots on the side table. His ears had gone red. The cock pressed against the shorts. He did not try to hide it.
“I am sorry.” His voice came out steady. The only steady thing in the room. “Completely. Entirely. I will go put on clothes.”
He turned. The shorts did nothing for him. The shape of his ass was clean under the cotton. He walked to the bedroom. The door closed.
Rangam stood in the living room with her hand still on her chest and her breath coming back. The chutney had spilled. A green slick on the marble. She bent and wiped it with the corner of her saree.
The laughter came then. It started low and built and broke out of her and filled the room. She sat down on the edge of the sofa and laughed until her eyes went wet.
He came back in jeans and a t-shirt. The cock was hidden. His face was still red.
“What is funny.”
“You.” She wiped her eye with the heel of her hand. “Forty-eight years old. Jumping on women in the dark like a collegeboy.”
“I told you. I thought... ”
“I know what you thought.” She stood. The laughter was still in her chest. “At your age, Selvam. Still doing that.”
“What does age have to do with it.”
“Everything.” She picked up the pots. “At forty-eight, most men are sitting in armchairs reading about their prostates. You are hiding behind doors with that standing at attention. It is impressive.”
He did not smile. His jaw moved once.
“I will set the table.” She moved past him to the kitchen. “Do not jump on me again.”
“I wasn’t jumping.”
“You were gripping.”
The kitchen was clean. Too clean. A man’s kitchen. Steel countertops. A filter coffee setup that looked used. Rangam unpacked the pots. The dosa batter went into the fridge. The sambar she reheated on his stove. The chutney she scooped into a small steel bowl.
She set two plates. Two steel tumblers for water. Two spoons. The dosa pan she found under the sink. She greased it with a drop of oil and poured the first batter.
“You don’t have to cook.”
“I am already cooking.” The batter hissed. She spread it thin with the back of the ladle. “Sit.”
He sat at the table. His hands were flat on the wood. He watched her turn the dosa.
“You are very good at this,” he said.
“Twenty-three years of practice.”
“I meant at making me feel like an idiot.”
She flipped the dosa. Gold on both sides. Crisp. “That takes no practice. You do most of the work yourself.”
The first dosa went onto his plate. She poured the second. The kitchen smelled of ghee and batter and the green chilli she had put in the chutney. The light was warm. Yellow. Not the overhead. A small lamp on the counter.
Rangam looked at him over the pan.
He was eating. One hand. His jaw working. His eyes on the plate. The grey at his temples caught the light. Forty-eight. The same man who had fucked her on a mat at twenty-five and then married someone else and then buried that someone and raised a son and built a company and married her daughter.
She turned the dosa.
# Scene 2
Two dosas each. The sambar steaming. The chutney with its half-teaspoon of chilli that made him cough once and keep eating.
Rangam ate with her left hand. The right stirring the next batter. Old habit. A mother never sat down for a whole meal.
“The Chief Minister,” she said. “Ninety years old and she walked into that mandap without a hand on her arm.”
Selvam nodded. “She read the proposal. The reusable booster. She knew what she was looking at.”
“She knew what she was looking at in the mandap too.” Rangam poured batter. The circle spread. “Ninety years old and she looked at you tying that thali and I saw her face. She was thinking the same thing every woman in that hall was thinking.”
“Which was.”
“That the girl picked well.”
He said nothing. Ate.
“The Prime Minister’s office called.” He tore a piece of dosa. “They want a briefing next month.”
“Your life.” Rangam flipped the dosa. “Rockets and weddings in the same week.”
“Your daughter’s life now.”
The words sat between them. Rangam did not look up from the pan.
They finished eating. She washed the plates. He dried. Old rhythm. The kitchen warm. The coffee percolating in the filter. Two steel tumblers on the counter.
They sat at the table with coffee. The overhead light off. Just the small lamp.
“Before Moorthy,” Rangam said. “That fitness center. The one you ran on Shastri Road.”
Selvam’s thumb stopped on the tumbler rim. “Twenty-five years ago.”
“Twenty-three. I was nineteen.”
“You remember the date.”
“I remember the mat.” She drank. The coffee was strong. His hand. Not hers. “Green rubber. The smell of it. You had a towel under my back.”
“You had a waist chain on.”
“I always had a waist chain on.” She set the tumbler down. “You took it off with your teeth.”
He was quiet. His eyes on the coffee.
“You still look good,” he said. “For forty-two.”
“Trisha looks good for forty-two.”
“You look like Trisha.”
“Stop.”
“I mean it.”
She did not blush. Rangam did not blush. Her ears went hot and she drank coffee to cover it.
“I tasted it.” She said it to the tumbler. “Your semen. This morning. On Yazhini’s chin.”
The tumbler stopped halfway to his mouth.
“What.”
“She missed a spot. Under the jaw. I wiped it with my thumb and it went into my mouth before I thought.” She looked at him. “Old habit. You wipe, you suck the thumb. I have been doing it since she was eating curd rice.”
His face had gone still. The way it went still when something hit him that he had not prepared for.
“You didn’t know.”
“No.”
“She washed twice. She stood at the mirror. She did not think to look under the chin.” Rangam’s mouth curved. “Nobody tells them that part.”
He set the tumbler down. Hard. Steel on wood.
“Rangam.”
“What.”
“That is... ”
“It happened. I’m telling you it happened.” She leaned forward. Her bangles slid. “And while we are telling truths, Yazhini is worried about your size.”
His jaw moved. Once.
“She came to me the next morning. ‘Amma, his cock is so big. How does he walk with it.’ Those were her words. Not mine.”
“Yazhini said that.”
“To her mother. Yes.”
“Jesus.”
“Not Jesus. Murugan. We are *****.” She drank. “She also said her jaw hurts. That it does not fit. I told her it gets easier. Do not do it four times in one week and then complain.”
He put his face in his hand. The laugh came out through his fingers. One sound. Short. Helpless.
“She is nineteen,” Rangam said. “She tells her mother everything. You married a child, Selvam. A child who tells her mother about your cock before breakfast.”
“I know what I married.”
“Do you.” She set the tumbler down. The coffee was gone. “I have a confession.”
He looked up.
“Twenty-three years.” Her voice went quiet. The kitchen quiet with it. “That day on the mat. You fucked me. Once. We were both naked. I felt you inside me. I came twice. You came once.”
He nodded. Once.
“I never saw your cock.” She said it flat. To the table. To the empty tumbler. “Not once. Not the whole thing. Not out. Not hard. Not soft. Nothing.”
His eyes held hers.
“You were on top. It was dark. The fitness center had one window and it was high. And we were both... ” She made a gesture. “Worried. Someone would come. Someone would hear. We did it fast. You came inside me and pulled out and that was it. I never touched it. I never held it. I never put my mouth on it.”
The kitchen held the words. The filter dripped once. Twice. Into silence.
“All these years.” Her bangles clicked against the wood. “I have wondered. What it looked like. What it felt like in my hand. What it tasted like. I have a daughter who has had it in her mouth four times in two weeks and I have never once... ”
She stopped.
“Is it wrong?” She looked at him. Direct. Her mother’s eyes. Steady. “To want to see it. To want to taste it. To want to swallow it the way I should have done twenty-three years ago on that mat when I was nineteen and stupid and worried about someone hearing.”
He did not move. His hands were flat on the table. His chest rose once. Fell.
“Rangam.” His voice came out rough. “You are... ”
“I know what I am. I am forty-two. I am married to Krishnamoorthy. I am your mother-in-law by marriage. I am also the woman you fucked on a green rubber mat when she was nineteen and you were twenty-five and neither of us had the guts to turn on a light.” She stood. The chair scbangd. “The question is simple. Yes or no.”
He looked at her. The grey at his temples. The lines at the corners of his eyes. The mouth that had not changed in twenty-three years.
“Yes,” he said.
# Scene 3
She knelt on his kitchen floor. The marble was cold through her saree. She did not care.
Selvam stood against the counter. His hands at his waist. The jeans came open. One button. The zipper. He pushed them down his hips. Not off. Just enough.
His cock came out. Hard. Full. The head dark against the white of his briefs. The shaft thick. Veined. The mole near the base that Yazhini had described in clinical detail over dosa.
Rangam froze.
“Ayyo.”
His hand was on it. Holding. The head aimed at her face. Six inches from her mouth.
“How do you walk with this?” Her voice came out small. Not the voice that ran a kitchen for twenty years. A girl’s voice. “Seriously. How do you stand in a mandap with this between your legs?”
“Rangam.”
“No, I am asking.” She leaned back on her heels. Her eyes wide. “My daughter. My nineteen-year-old daughter. This went inside her.”
“Yes.”
“Four times.”
“Yes.”
“Against a wall.”
His jaw moved. “Yes.”
Rangam put her hand over her mouth. The laugh got out anyway. Wet. Disbelieving. “Ayyo, Yazhini. I am so sorry, kanna. I did not know.”
She reached up. Her hand shook. She did not try to stop it shaking.
The first touch was ceremonial. Almost reverent. Her fingertips on the shaft. Warm. Hard. The skin soft over the hardness. She traced the vein with one finger. Base to head. The mole. The place Yazhini had described with her chin dripping.
“I am stealing from my daughter,” she said. Quiet. To the cock. Not to him. “Just this once. Forgive me, di.”
She bent forward. Her lips touched the head. Dry. A kiss. Chaste. The way a woman kisses a newborn’s forehead. Her eyes closed.
Then her tongue came out.
Wet. Flat against the underside. She licked from base to tip in one long stroke and the taste hit her. Salt. Warm. Skin. She did it again. Slower. Her mouth opened.
The lust came then. Not gradual. A flood. Twenty-three years of wondering became twenty-three years of hunger in the space of one breath.
She took the head into her mouth. Her jaw stretched. She was forty-two, not nineteen. Her jaw knew its limits. She pushed past them.
The obscene noise came out of her without permission. A wet, hungry sound. Her lips sealed around the shaft. She sucked. Hard. Her tongue worked the underside. Saliva ran down her chin. Down her neck. Onto the gold at her throat.
She did not wipe it.
Selvam’s hand found the back of her head. His fingers in her hair. Not pushing. Holding. His breath came out above her in one long, broken exhale.
“Rangam.”
She hummed around him. The vibration went through the cock and into his hips and his hand tightened in her hair.
She pulled off. A thread of saliva connected her lip to the head. She broke it with her thumb and put the thumb in her mouth. Sucked it clean. Looked up at him.
“Your daughter complains her jaw hurts.” She took him back into her mouth. Deeper this time. Her nose pressed against his stomach. She held there. Her throat worked. She pulled back gasping. “Now I know why.”
She went down again. Sloppy. Wet. The sounds filled the kitchen. Obscene. Unmistakable. A forty-two-year-old woman on her knees with her saree pooled around her and her mouth full of her son-in-law’s cock and not one part of her pretending it was anything else.
Selvam’s hips moved. A small thrust. Uncontrolled. His hand in her hair turned to fist.
“Sorry,” he said. The word came out wrecked.
She pulled off. Saliva hung from her chin. “Don’t apologize. Move. I want to feel it.”
He thrust. Once. Carefully. The head hit the back of her throat and she gagged and took it and did not pull away. Her eyes watered. She looked up at him through the wet.
Vanitha was twenty-five. And his wife had died young. Rangam was neither. She was forty-two. She had a nineteen-year-old daughter married to this man. She had twenty-three years of marriage in her hands and her mouth and she used all of it.
She took him deeper than Yazhini could. Deeper than Vanitha could. Her throat opened. She swallowed around him. The obscene wet sound turned to something lower. Deeper. A groan that came from her chest and vibrated through his cock.
His hand was shaking. His whole body was shaking. Rangam felt it through the floor. Through the marble under her knees. Through the cock in her mouth.
She pulled off. Spit hung between them. She wiped her mouth with the back of her wrist and reached between his legs.
His balls. Heavy. Warm. She cupped them in her palm. Weighed them. Her thumb found the seam. Rubbed.
“These.” She looked up. Her voice hoarse. “How many grandchildren are in here?”
“Rangam.”
“I want four. Five.” She bent and put her mouth on one ball. Kissed it. Wet. Open-mouthed. Her tongue flat against the skin. “My daughter’s hips are good. She will carry well. One every two years. You will be fifty-five with a house full of children.”
She kissed the other ball. Worshipful. Her lips soft. Her tongue tracing the shape. “These are precious. These make my grandchildren. Treat them well.”
She went back to his cock. Her mouth was wrecked. Her jaw ached. She did not care. She took him deep and sucked and the wet sounds came back louder. Her hand worked the base in rhythm. Up. Down. Twist at the head. The way she had done for twenty-three years with a different man in a different bed.
Selvam’s breathing changed. His hips lost their rhythm. His hand in her hair tightened to the point of pain.
“Rangam.” His voice broke. “I’m going to... ”
She pulled off. Just the head in her mouth. Her lips tight. Her tongue flat against the slit.
“Here,” she said. Around him. “Give it to me.”
He came.
The first pulse hit the back of her throat. Thick. Hot. She swallowed without pulling away. The second came. More. She swallowed again. The third. The fourth. She took every pulse. Her throat working. Her lips sealed. Not one drop escaped.
When it was done she held him in her mouth for three extra seconds. Her tongue flat. Tasting.
Then she let him slip out. Slowly. A thin line of cum connected them. She caught it with her finger and pushed the finger into her mouth. Swallowed. Looked up.
“Coconut water,” she said. Her voice was ruined. “Warm milk. Almond skin at the back. No ash. No buttermilk.” She wiped her chin. “A delicacy. Just like I said.”
He was breathing through his mouth. His hand still in her hair. His cock was softening against her cheek. Wet. Spent.
“Rangam.” His voice came out rough. “Do you want... ”
“No.” She stood. Her knees cracked. The marble had left marks on her skin. “I may have slipped. I am not a monster.”
She walked to the sink. Ran water. Washed her face. Cold. Her saree was rumpled. The pallu had come loose. Her midriff showed. The waist chain sat across her navel. Gold against gold skin.
She turned. Dried her hands on a towel.
“That stays between us.” Her voice was her own again. The mother. The wife. “Yazhini does not need to know her mother has better technique than she does.”
He had tucked himself away. His jeans were done up. His face was composed. Except his eyes. His eyes followed her across the kitchen.
She picked up her purse. The empty pots. She walked to the door. Her hips swayed. The saree whispered. The waist chain ticked against her skin with each step.
Behind her, she heard it. The soft sound of denim tightening. His cock, half-hard again, pushing against the zipper.
She did not turn around.
She did not have to. He could feel his own zipper against himself, the denim gone tight and mean across the ridge of it, and he stood there in his own kitchen with a woman’s saliva drying on his cheek and watched her walk.
Her hips did that thing. Left, then right, the pleats of the saree swinging out and falling back, the loose pallu trailing off one shoulder. The chain caught the lamplight in the small of her back where the blouse ended. Tick. Tick. Gold over gold, keeping time with her heels on his marble.
His cock jumped. Hard enough that he felt the seam of the jeans bite.
Trisha. He had said it at the table like a compliment and it had not been one, it had been a fact and he had said the fact out loud like an idiot, and now she was walking away from him with the exact walk ... not performed, that was the whole problem, she was not doing it at him, she was simply crossing a room the way she had crossed rooms for forty-two years ... and his body was answering it like a dog at a gate.
Twenty-three years ago he had watched her walk out of the fitness center in the same kind of light. He had not looked at her face then either. He had looked at the chain.
“Rangam.”
She stopped at the door. She did not turn. “I can’t Selvam. I can’t do that to my daughter.” and she left.


![[+]](https://xossipy.com/themes/sharepoint/collapse_collapsed.png)