Adultery அவள் இதயத்தின் மொழி
(08-09-2026, 03:47 PM)Vicky Viknesh Wrote: I checked the comments, I did not see any comments that are offensive against author. All comments are only about main character pavi and around her characterization and behaviour.. Can't understand why author needs to be offended

I understand your point, but I think there is a small distinction being missed here.
Nobody is saying that Pavi cannot be criticized. Her characterization, behaviour, decisions, and the plot can all be criticized. That is completely normal feedback.
But when the comments repeatedly move from “I don't like what this character is doing” to personal insults, degrading labels, sexualized remarks, or judging the writer based on the character, then it is no longer simply criticism of the characterization.
The author herself has clearly said that negative feedback is not the problem. Her concern is about continuously targeting the character and turning the comment section into personal attacks and moral policing.
And one more important point — a fictional character and the writer are two different people. A writer can create a morally questionable, controversial, or unlikeable character without personally supporting or endorsing that character's behaviour.
So yes, readers have every right to criticize Pavi. At the same time, the author also has every right to say, “I am okay with criticism, but I am not okay with personal attacks.”
Criticism is about the story. Personal attacks are about the person. That distinction is what we need to keep clear.  Wink
  • Shajith happy
Like Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: அவள் இதயத்தின் மொழி - by Shajith - 08-09-2026, 04:17 PM



Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)