29-08-2026, 10:18 AM
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2026, 10:27 AM by opendoor. Edited 3 times in total. Edited 3 times in total.)
-6-
Kavita received a call from her sister early in the morning.
![[Image: e813202e0ddeaaa00f31597ffcadeef5.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/XrTHN0NG/e813202e0ddeaaa00f31597ffcadeef5.jpg)
"Kavita, I’m in Pune for office work. *Bava* [brother-in-law] has had a fever since yesterday. Could you go check on him?"
Kavya had actually blocked his number recently because she didn't like his behavior.
"Akka, is he a small child or something? You're making such a fuss over a mere fever."
Priyanka hung up the phone in anger.
Kavita felt irritated. What was with her sister and brother-in-law acting so over-the-top lately? The man who used to speak to her curtly before was now offering rides to and from the office, touching her unnecessarily, and sending lewd photos along with "Good Morning" messages first thing in the morning.
Usually, if one person hung up in anger, the other was expected to call back and pacify them—that was the unspoken pact between sisters. But when Kavita didn't call back even after a while, Priyanka called her again.
"What is this arrogance..."
"Akka, if *you* had a fever, I’d come running on the very next flight. But a grown man—do I really have to nurse *Bava* like a little child?"
"Kavita, I’m not asking you to nurse him. Just go check on him and politely ask if he needs to see a doctor; that’s all."
"Akka, I don't have a problem checking on him."
"Then what *is* your problem?" "It's nothing really... nothing worth telling you about."
"Kavitha... if there’s some conflict between you and *Bava* [brother-in-law], it’s best if you two sort it out yourselves. It wouldn't be right for me to get involved."
"Alright then... I'll leave in a little while."
"Thanks, Kavitha."
"Akka..."
"Hmm."
"Akka..."
"Hmm."
"I need to throw a party for my friends next week. My bank balance is a bit low."
"You're asking me instead of asking *Bava*?"
"Akka, if you want to give it, give it; otherwise, don't."
"Why do you always talk about 'licking' *Bava*?"
"Yes, and it was because I 'licked' him like that that he 'scratched' me."
"That’s not called 'scratching,' dear... it’s called showing concern for his wife's sister."
"Akka, he used to stay right in my room while I was bathing in the bathroom."
"It was in your room, right? Not *inside* your bathroom."
"Why are you saying that? It’s wrong for him to be there, isn't it? How was I supposed to change my clothes after my bath?"
"What would you have lost by just saying, '*Bava*, please step outside for a moment so I can change'?"
"Akka... you wouldn't understand. He used to make me ride on his bike even when there was no need for it."
"Maybe he thought the bike ride would be comfortable."
"Comfort? For *him*?" "Look, I’m not saying you should wrap your arms around *Bava* and cling to him like his wife... just hold his waist, that’s enough."
"But *Bava* used to hit the brakes suddenly every now and then."
"Kavita... are you suspecting *Bava*? Before and even after our wedding, there were plenty of chances for him to kiss you. But he never did. When you’d take off half your clothes in our room and fall fast asleep, he could have done anything to you. Yet, he never even touched you. You were the one who used to playfully throw yourself at him. Kavita, what’s come over you now—something that wasn't there all this time?"
"It’s not me... it’s your husband. All this time, there was love and affection in *Bava*'s touch. Now, I see desire and lust."
"I don't believe it."
"If you don't believe it, then fuck off."
Kavita hung up the phone.
It was 9 AM.
When the doorbell rang, Mahesh went to answer it.
![[Image: be93cc43d9a95fba0f0078b1a10c0be9-2.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/LDTRR2wM/be93cc43d9a95fba0f0078b1a10c0be9-2.jpg)
Kavya...
She felt humiliated having to stand at the doorway while being told, "Akka isn't here; she went to Pune for office work."
"Why are you keeping me standing at the door like this, Bava?"
"Akka isn't here."
As he said this, Kavya pushed her way inside and placed the apples she had brought for him on the table.
Mahesh closed the door, walked inside, and silently went into his room.
Kavya followed him into his room and sat on the chair.
"How are you feeling now, Bava? Is it a bit better?"
Mahesh remained silent.
"Bava... I'm asking *you*."
Mahesh remained silent.
"Bava... why are you sulking like a little kid?"
"You're the one who behaved like a child... why did you block my number?"
"Bava... would anyone send a photo showing a man kissing his wife's sister?" she asked, showing him the message and the photo on her phone.
Mahesh was stunned when he saw the photo.
![[Image: e47d68e0dce1cc30b8aaea370828c524.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/1YMDDhHZ/e47d68e0dce1cc30b8aaea370828c524.jpg)
"What is this? Me kissing you? Who actually sent you this photo?"
"Bava... enough with the act. You used AI to edit a photo making it look like you were kissing me, sent it to me, and now you're acting innocent... enough with the acting, Bava."
Mahesh fell into deep thought. Who could have done this? Even Priya knows my phone password. Could *she* be the one who sent it? Mahesh remained silent, not knowing what to say.
After waiting there for another five minutes—and seeing that *Bava* wasn't saying a word—Kavya stood up, ready to leave for the office.
From behind, Mahesh said, "Kavya, please unblock my number."
Turning around, she asked, "What? Are you going to take a picture of yourself squeezing my boobs and send it this time?"
"Please... don't say that."
"Then why, *Bava*?"
"I need to Google Pay you 10,000 rupees. You used to always ask me for money, but now you're asking my sister."
"*Bava*, I don't need your help anymore... Bye."
Mahesh remained silent.
Two days later...
"Mahesh... Kavya has a viral fever; she said her temperature is 102. Could you please go and check on her?"
"Priya... if she sees me, her temperature will only go up."
"I'm sorry, Mahesh... I'm the reason for all this."
"You?" "Yes, Mahesh. I was the one who sent that photo of you kissing my sister... I sent it from your phone... but I didn't think it would turn into such a huge issue."
Mahesh was furious.
"Priya... we had planned to enjoy our bachelor lives. You did this so that instead of hitting on other girls, I’d focus on your sister, didn't you? I like Kavya too, but you stepped in and made a complete mess of things."
"I said I was sorry, didn't I? Just go... go take care of Kavya. She'll grow closer to you."
"What are you saying, Priya? She's suffering with a fever, and here you are talking as if there's some other motive behind it."
"Mahesh... I'm sorry... please go right away."
(.) (.)
It was 3 PM. Mahesh went to Kavya's flat.
Kavya looked very weak. Looking at her *Bava* (brother-in-law), she said, "Sorry, *Bava*. I misunderstood you; I just found out that *Akka* (sister) was behind all this."
Mahesh replied, "Kavya... is that matter really important right now? How are you feeling?" She said, "It's a viral fever... I feel a bit weak... but I feel relieved after hearing what *Akka* said. You are a very good person, *Bava*; I was the one who imagined all sorts of things."
Mahesh immediately booked an appointment for a video consultation with a doctor.
The doctor called via video, spoke to Kavya, and prescribed some tests.
He booked an appointment to have the blood sample collected for the tests.
The sample collection was completed within half an hour.
The blood test report arrived two hours later.
They had another video consultation with the doctor; after reviewing the report, the doctor prescribed some tablets.
Meanwhile, it started raining heavily outside.
Even if medicines were ordered for home delivery, no one would deliver in such heavy rain. Yet, the fever wouldn't subside unless she took at least one dose by nightfall. As Mahesh was about to leave to fetch medicines, Kavya said, "Why go out in such heavy rain, Bava? Let's wait; we can go once it subsides." Mahesh showed her the weather report on his app and said, "This isn't a rain that will let up anytime soon, Kavya. It’s going to be like this for another two days," and stepped out.
Watching him leave, Kavya thought, "It’s truly Akka’s good fortune to have found such a wonderful husband. Arranging video calls with the doctor, blood tests... and now going out in this downpour for medicines... I misunderstood such a good man; I even blocked his number. Even if Akka played a prank, how could I have believed it? Bava wouldn't do things like that. Flirting in the car or on the bike—that’s one thing—but kissing like that? Oh dear..."
An hour later, Mahesh returned, completely drenched.
He took out the packet of medicines he had kept safely tucked away.
Kavya was stunned to see him.
"Bava... why are you so wet? Didn't you take the car?"
"Kavya, the car wouldn't start... so I came back up and took your scooty keys."
"Bava... in this rain... was it really necessary?"
Kavya’s eyes welled up. As he handed her the tablet, she noticed his elbow was scbangd and bleeding. "Bava... what is this? You're bleeding... what happened?" she asked. As Mahesh walked toward the kitchen, she followed him and asked again, "Tell me, Bava... what happened?"
As he put the milk on the stove and said, "It was raining, you know... I hit a rock in the dark and skidded... but your bike is completely fine," Kavya sobbed, slapped his cheek lightly, and hugged him. "Bava... you took so many blows for my sake, yet you're telling me my bike is fine? You're teasing the very person who thinks, 'It doesn't matter what happens to my bike, as long as you're safe.' I couldn't bear it if something happened to you, Bava. I made a mistake by blocking your number, yet you forgave me and sent me 10,000 rupees for the party I was planning for my friends... Bava, being this kind isn't good for you," she said, planting kisses on his face...
He winced, "Ouch."
Saying "Sorry, sorry," she grabbed the tincture and cotton from the kitchen shelf and dressed the wound on Mahesh's elbow. He had lost a lot of blood.
"You sustained such a bad injury, yet you came straight home instead of going to the hospital?" she asked, looking into his eyes; Mahesh looked back into hers.
Kavya felt shy and raised her eyebrows, asking "What?" with her expression.
"With a face full of pimples like this, how will you ever find a husband?" he teased, pouring the milk into a glass and handing it to her.
Taking the glass, Kavya asked, "So, you're focusing on my beauty now? What's the story?" as she opened the kitchen door...
As a cool drizzle fell outside, she sipped the hot milk and said, "Bava... I've had a wish for a long time..." Mahesh closes the door and says, "You already have a fever... getting wet in the rain like this will only make it worse... come inside." He holds her hand and leads her into the bedroom.
Kavya sits on the bed, makes room beside her, and asks him to sit down.
Mahesh sits next to Kavya and asks, "You were saying something earlier... about having a wish?"
She holds Mahesh's hand and says, "Bava... I have this wish—to get wet in the rain like this, sitting on the garden chair in the balcony with my boyfriend... sitting on his lap... and just chatting away."
Mahesh suddenly lets go of her hand.
Noticing him abruptly let go of her hand, Kavya asks, "What happened, Bava? Is it wrong to wish for something like that?"
Mahesh remains silent.
Resting her head on his shoulder, she says, "What is it, Bava? You're hiding something... tell me. If you hide things like this, it implies I'm not close enough to you. Please don't keep any secrets from me, Bava."
He says hesitantly, "Earlier... when you opened the kitchen balcony door, I closed it, didn't I?"
"Yes."
![[Image: b151c113c1447ae35e9327b28e8fa613.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/ymXQT2jK/b151c113c1447ae35e9327b28e8fa613.jpg)
"Why?" "Because getting wet in the rain makes my fever worse..."
"That may be true, but it's not the real reason."
"Then what is it?"
"I'll tell you... but don't block me again."
"It's okay, go ahead."
"Kavya, I... getting wet in the rain like that... out on the balcony... bending my wife over... all night long... I can't say any more, Kavya."
Kavya was stunned.
![[Image: 138cfb684dd384d8035a34d4ec633198.jpg]](https://i.pinimg.com/564x/13/8c/fb/138cfb684dd384d8035a34d4ec633198.jpg)
She adjusted her top and moved slightly to the side.
Silence hung between the two.
Just then, Kavya received a message—from her sister.
She opened the message on her phone; *Bava* could see it too. When she opened it, a short video clip played. "Shit... what is this? What happened to it?" she thought, quickly closing it. But she realized *Bava* had already seen it.
Mahesh smiled and said, "I told you, didn't I? Whenever it rains like this... your sister loves it too. It’s as if she knew it was raining in Hyderabad. Poor thing... I think she misses me." Kavya blushed and said, "Oh, *Bava*... it's not right to say things like that." Mahesh laughed and replied, "Well, your sister sent the video directly, didn't she?"
![[Image: 1666795432_h3wnd4d4vza2.gif]](https://gifscollection.com/uploads/posts/2022-10/1666795432_h3wnd4d4vza2.gif)
Five minutes later, he checked his temperature; it hadn't gone up or down.
"*Bava*... what about your dinner?"
"I already ate... I went out earlier, remember?"
"*Bava*... tell me the truth."
"Kavya... I don't really feel like eating... Are there any fruits in the fridge?"
"I ate them all... What do we do now? No delivery guys will come out in this weather."
"I'll just make some upma."
"We don't have upma rava, *Bava*."
"Alright, tell me what we *do* have... I'll make something with that."
"Bread."
"Okay..."
He went into the kitchen and returned in fifteen minutes.
Bread toast and an omelet.
They shared it.
"Kavya... you eat too."
"*Bava*... you're such a good person... so why does my sister always scold you?" "Kavya... you didn't block my number, did you? It's the same thing here."
"What do you mean?"
"You'll understand once you get married. Anger, sulking, making up—these are all part of love."
![[Image: Screenshot-2026-01-12-15-20-15-87-b86672...773d05.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/DfFF3b5F/Screenshot-2026-01-12-15-20-15-87-b86672daa061159f52c1a3195c773d05.jpg)
"Yes, Bava... the moment my anger at you faded, love for you welled up."
"Alright... go to sleep now; it's already late."
"Okay, Bava... you get some sleep too. You're exhausted. Take a Dolo tablet so you don't get aches from that blow."
"Will do."
Kavya opened her eyes at six in the morning. Bava was sitting in the chair, dozing off. He hadn't slept all night; he had kept applying cool compresses and monitoring her temperature to keep it from rising. He had even woken her up in the middle of the night to give her a tablet. Seeing Bava—who had stayed awake all night looking after her—filled Kavya’s heart with a sweet, tender ache. Every girl dreams of having a husband like this. Men like Bava, who care for you with such deep affection, are rare. Thinking, "That’s exactly why I don’t have a boyfriend yet," Kavya got up and headed to the bathroom.
next
Kavita received a call from her sister early in the morning.
![[Image: e813202e0ddeaaa00f31597ffcadeef5.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/XrTHN0NG/e813202e0ddeaaa00f31597ffcadeef5.jpg)
"Kavita, I’m in Pune for office work. *Bava* [brother-in-law] has had a fever since yesterday. Could you go check on him?"
Kavya had actually blocked his number recently because she didn't like his behavior.
"Akka, is he a small child or something? You're making such a fuss over a mere fever."
Priyanka hung up the phone in anger.
Kavita felt irritated. What was with her sister and brother-in-law acting so over-the-top lately? The man who used to speak to her curtly before was now offering rides to and from the office, touching her unnecessarily, and sending lewd photos along with "Good Morning" messages first thing in the morning.
Usually, if one person hung up in anger, the other was expected to call back and pacify them—that was the unspoken pact between sisters. But when Kavita didn't call back even after a while, Priyanka called her again.
"What is this arrogance..."
"Akka, if *you* had a fever, I’d come running on the very next flight. But a grown man—do I really have to nurse *Bava* like a little child?"
"Kavita, I’m not asking you to nurse him. Just go check on him and politely ask if he needs to see a doctor; that’s all."
"Akka, I don't have a problem checking on him."
"Then what *is* your problem?" "It's nothing really... nothing worth telling you about."
"Kavitha... if there’s some conflict between you and *Bava* [brother-in-law], it’s best if you two sort it out yourselves. It wouldn't be right for me to get involved."
"Alright then... I'll leave in a little while."
"Thanks, Kavitha."
"Akka..."
"Hmm."
"Akka..."
"Hmm."
"I need to throw a party for my friends next week. My bank balance is a bit low."
"You're asking me instead of asking *Bava*?"
"Akka, if you want to give it, give it; otherwise, don't."
"Why do you always talk about 'licking' *Bava*?"
"Yes, and it was because I 'licked' him like that that he 'scratched' me."
"That’s not called 'scratching,' dear... it’s called showing concern for his wife's sister."
"Akka, he used to stay right in my room while I was bathing in the bathroom."
"It was in your room, right? Not *inside* your bathroom."
"Why are you saying that? It’s wrong for him to be there, isn't it? How was I supposed to change my clothes after my bath?"
"What would you have lost by just saying, '*Bava*, please step outside for a moment so I can change'?"
"Akka... you wouldn't understand. He used to make me ride on his bike even when there was no need for it."
"Maybe he thought the bike ride would be comfortable."
"Comfort? For *him*?" "Look, I’m not saying you should wrap your arms around *Bava* and cling to him like his wife... just hold his waist, that’s enough."
"But *Bava* used to hit the brakes suddenly every now and then."
"Kavita... are you suspecting *Bava*? Before and even after our wedding, there were plenty of chances for him to kiss you. But he never did. When you’d take off half your clothes in our room and fall fast asleep, he could have done anything to you. Yet, he never even touched you. You were the one who used to playfully throw yourself at him. Kavita, what’s come over you now—something that wasn't there all this time?"
"It’s not me... it’s your husband. All this time, there was love and affection in *Bava*'s touch. Now, I see desire and lust."
"I don't believe it."
"If you don't believe it, then fuck off."
Kavita hung up the phone.
(.) (.)
It was 9 AM.
When the doorbell rang, Mahesh went to answer it.
![[Image: be93cc43d9a95fba0f0078b1a10c0be9-2.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/LDTRR2wM/be93cc43d9a95fba0f0078b1a10c0be9-2.jpg)
Kavya...
She felt humiliated having to stand at the doorway while being told, "Akka isn't here; she went to Pune for office work."
"Why are you keeping me standing at the door like this, Bava?"
"Akka isn't here."
As he said this, Kavya pushed her way inside and placed the apples she had brought for him on the table.
Mahesh closed the door, walked inside, and silently went into his room.
Kavya followed him into his room and sat on the chair.
"How are you feeling now, Bava? Is it a bit better?"
Mahesh remained silent.
"Bava... I'm asking *you*."
Mahesh remained silent.
"Bava... why are you sulking like a little kid?"
"You're the one who behaved like a child... why did you block my number?"
"Bava... would anyone send a photo showing a man kissing his wife's sister?" she asked, showing him the message and the photo on her phone.
Mahesh was stunned when he saw the photo.
![[Image: e47d68e0dce1cc30b8aaea370828c524.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/1YMDDhHZ/e47d68e0dce1cc30b8aaea370828c524.jpg)
"What is this? Me kissing you? Who actually sent you this photo?"
"Bava... enough with the act. You used AI to edit a photo making it look like you were kissing me, sent it to me, and now you're acting innocent... enough with the acting, Bava."
Mahesh fell into deep thought. Who could have done this? Even Priya knows my phone password. Could *she* be the one who sent it? Mahesh remained silent, not knowing what to say.
After waiting there for another five minutes—and seeing that *Bava* wasn't saying a word—Kavya stood up, ready to leave for the office.
From behind, Mahesh said, "Kavya, please unblock my number."
Turning around, she asked, "What? Are you going to take a picture of yourself squeezing my boobs and send it this time?"
"Please... don't say that."
"Then why, *Bava*?"
"I need to Google Pay you 10,000 rupees. You used to always ask me for money, but now you're asking my sister."
"*Bava*, I don't need your help anymore... Bye."
Mahesh remained silent.
(.) (.)
Two days later...
"Mahesh... Kavya has a viral fever; she said her temperature is 102. Could you please go and check on her?"
"Priya... if she sees me, her temperature will only go up."
"I'm sorry, Mahesh... I'm the reason for all this."
"You?" "Yes, Mahesh. I was the one who sent that photo of you kissing my sister... I sent it from your phone... but I didn't think it would turn into such a huge issue."
Mahesh was furious.
"Priya... we had planned to enjoy our bachelor lives. You did this so that instead of hitting on other girls, I’d focus on your sister, didn't you? I like Kavya too, but you stepped in and made a complete mess of things."
"I said I was sorry, didn't I? Just go... go take care of Kavya. She'll grow closer to you."
"What are you saying, Priya? She's suffering with a fever, and here you are talking as if there's some other motive behind it."
"Mahesh... I'm sorry... please go right away."
(.) (.)
It was 3 PM. Mahesh went to Kavya's flat.
Kavya looked very weak. Looking at her *Bava* (brother-in-law), she said, "Sorry, *Bava*. I misunderstood you; I just found out that *Akka* (sister) was behind all this."
Mahesh replied, "Kavya... is that matter really important right now? How are you feeling?" She said, "It's a viral fever... I feel a bit weak... but I feel relieved after hearing what *Akka* said. You are a very good person, *Bava*; I was the one who imagined all sorts of things."
Mahesh immediately booked an appointment for a video consultation with a doctor.
The doctor called via video, spoke to Kavya, and prescribed some tests.
He booked an appointment to have the blood sample collected for the tests.
The sample collection was completed within half an hour.
The blood test report arrived two hours later.
They had another video consultation with the doctor; after reviewing the report, the doctor prescribed some tablets.
Meanwhile, it started raining heavily outside.
Even if medicines were ordered for home delivery, no one would deliver in such heavy rain. Yet, the fever wouldn't subside unless she took at least one dose by nightfall. As Mahesh was about to leave to fetch medicines, Kavya said, "Why go out in such heavy rain, Bava? Let's wait; we can go once it subsides." Mahesh showed her the weather report on his app and said, "This isn't a rain that will let up anytime soon, Kavya. It’s going to be like this for another two days," and stepped out.
Watching him leave, Kavya thought, "It’s truly Akka’s good fortune to have found such a wonderful husband. Arranging video calls with the doctor, blood tests... and now going out in this downpour for medicines... I misunderstood such a good man; I even blocked his number. Even if Akka played a prank, how could I have believed it? Bava wouldn't do things like that. Flirting in the car or on the bike—that’s one thing—but kissing like that? Oh dear..."
An hour later, Mahesh returned, completely drenched.
He took out the packet of medicines he had kept safely tucked away.
Kavya was stunned to see him.
"Bava... why are you so wet? Didn't you take the car?"
"Kavya, the car wouldn't start... so I came back up and took your scooty keys."
"Bava... in this rain... was it really necessary?"
Kavya’s eyes welled up. As he handed her the tablet, she noticed his elbow was scbangd and bleeding. "Bava... what is this? You're bleeding... what happened?" she asked. As Mahesh walked toward the kitchen, she followed him and asked again, "Tell me, Bava... what happened?"
As he put the milk on the stove and said, "It was raining, you know... I hit a rock in the dark and skidded... but your bike is completely fine," Kavya sobbed, slapped his cheek lightly, and hugged him. "Bava... you took so many blows for my sake, yet you're telling me my bike is fine? You're teasing the very person who thinks, 'It doesn't matter what happens to my bike, as long as you're safe.' I couldn't bear it if something happened to you, Bava. I made a mistake by blocking your number, yet you forgave me and sent me 10,000 rupees for the party I was planning for my friends... Bava, being this kind isn't good for you," she said, planting kisses on his face...
He winced, "Ouch."
Saying "Sorry, sorry," she grabbed the tincture and cotton from the kitchen shelf and dressed the wound on Mahesh's elbow. He had lost a lot of blood.
"You sustained such a bad injury, yet you came straight home instead of going to the hospital?" she asked, looking into his eyes; Mahesh looked back into hers.
Kavya felt shy and raised her eyebrows, asking "What?" with her expression.
"With a face full of pimples like this, how will you ever find a husband?" he teased, pouring the milk into a glass and handing it to her.
Taking the glass, Kavya asked, "So, you're focusing on my beauty now? What's the story?" as she opened the kitchen door...
As a cool drizzle fell outside, she sipped the hot milk and said, "Bava... I've had a wish for a long time..." Mahesh closes the door and says, "You already have a fever... getting wet in the rain like this will only make it worse... come inside." He holds her hand and leads her into the bedroom.
Kavya sits on the bed, makes room beside her, and asks him to sit down.
Mahesh sits next to Kavya and asks, "You were saying something earlier... about having a wish?"
She holds Mahesh's hand and says, "Bava... I have this wish—to get wet in the rain like this, sitting on the garden chair in the balcony with my boyfriend... sitting on his lap... and just chatting away."
Mahesh suddenly lets go of her hand.
Noticing him abruptly let go of her hand, Kavya asks, "What happened, Bava? Is it wrong to wish for something like that?"
Mahesh remains silent.
Resting her head on his shoulder, she says, "What is it, Bava? You're hiding something... tell me. If you hide things like this, it implies I'm not close enough to you. Please don't keep any secrets from me, Bava."
He says hesitantly, "Earlier... when you opened the kitchen balcony door, I closed it, didn't I?"
"Yes."
![[Image: b151c113c1447ae35e9327b28e8fa613.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/ymXQT2jK/b151c113c1447ae35e9327b28e8fa613.jpg)
"Why?" "Because getting wet in the rain makes my fever worse..."
"That may be true, but it's not the real reason."
"Then what is it?"
"I'll tell you... but don't block me again."
"It's okay, go ahead."
"Kavya, I... getting wet in the rain like that... out on the balcony... bending my wife over... all night long... I can't say any more, Kavya."
Kavya was stunned.
![[Image: 138cfb684dd384d8035a34d4ec633198.jpg]](https://i.pinimg.com/564x/13/8c/fb/138cfb684dd384d8035a34d4ec633198.jpg)
She adjusted her top and moved slightly to the side.
Silence hung between the two.
Just then, Kavya received a message—from her sister.
She opened the message on her phone; *Bava* could see it too. When she opened it, a short video clip played. "Shit... what is this? What happened to it?" she thought, quickly closing it. But she realized *Bava* had already seen it.
Mahesh smiled and said, "I told you, didn't I? Whenever it rains like this... your sister loves it too. It’s as if she knew it was raining in Hyderabad. Poor thing... I think she misses me." Kavya blushed and said, "Oh, *Bava*... it's not right to say things like that." Mahesh laughed and replied, "Well, your sister sent the video directly, didn't she?"
![[Image: 1666795432_h3wnd4d4vza2.gif]](https://gifscollection.com/uploads/posts/2022-10/1666795432_h3wnd4d4vza2.gif)
Five minutes later, he checked his temperature; it hadn't gone up or down.
"*Bava*... what about your dinner?"
"I already ate... I went out earlier, remember?"
"*Bava*... tell me the truth."
"Kavya... I don't really feel like eating... Are there any fruits in the fridge?"
"I ate them all... What do we do now? No delivery guys will come out in this weather."
"I'll just make some upma."
"We don't have upma rava, *Bava*."
"Alright, tell me what we *do* have... I'll make something with that."
"Bread."
"Okay..."
He went into the kitchen and returned in fifteen minutes.
Bread toast and an omelet.
They shared it.
"Kavya... you eat too."
"*Bava*... you're such a good person... so why does my sister always scold you?" "Kavya... you didn't block my number, did you? It's the same thing here."
"What do you mean?"
"You'll understand once you get married. Anger, sulking, making up—these are all part of love."
![[Image: Screenshot-2026-01-12-15-20-15-87-b86672...773d05.jpg]](https://i.ibb.co/DfFF3b5F/Screenshot-2026-01-12-15-20-15-87-b86672daa061159f52c1a3195c773d05.jpg)
"Yes, Bava... the moment my anger at you faded, love for you welled up."
"Alright... go to sleep now; it's already late."
"Okay, Bava... you get some sleep too. You're exhausted. Take a Dolo tablet so you don't get aches from that blow."
"Will do."
(.) (.)
Kavya opened her eyes at six in the morning. Bava was sitting in the chair, dozing off. He hadn't slept all night; he had kept applying cool compresses and monitoring her temperature to keep it from rising. He had even woken her up in the middle of the night to give her a tablet. Seeing Bava—who had stayed awake all night looking after her—filled Kavya’s heart with a sweet, tender ache. Every girl dreams of having a husband like this. Men like Bava, who care for you with such deep affection, are rare. Thinking, "That’s exactly why I don’t have a boyfriend yet," Kavya got up and headed to the bathroom.
next


![[+]](https://xossipy.com/themes/sharepoint/collapse_collapsed.png)