24-05-2026, 01:55 AM
The applause was polite but thin. Her parents clapped, her mother’s face tight with disappointment, her father’s carefully blank. Selvam’s hands came together slowly, his eyes never leaving her face.
She walked offstage on shaking legs, the pain between her thighs now a constant, throbbing presence. The next dancer brushed past her, already in starting position, face set with determination. Yazhini made it to the dressing room before the tears started.
She sat on the bench in front of the mirror, watching her face crumple. Her makeup... applied with such care that morning... streaked down her cheeks. The gold temple jewelry at her wrists caught the light as she wiped angrily at her eyes.
This wasn’t how it was supposed to go. She was supposed to win. Was supposed to make her parents proud, to justify the expensive trip, the months of preparation. Instead, she’d placed last in a competition she should have dominated. All because of one night. Because of Selvam.
The door opened behind her. She didn’t turn, didn’t need to. She could feel him there, tall and solid in the doorway.
“I’m sorry,” she said, her voice thick with tears. “I tried. I really tried.”
His reflection appeared in the mirror beside hers... his face grave, his eyes dark with something that might have been regret. “I know,” he said. “It’s my fault.”
She turned then, looking up at him. “No, it’s not. I wanted it. I wanted you.”
He knelt beside her bench, bringing their faces level. His hand came up to brush a tear from her cheek, his touch gentle. “I should have been more careful. Should have realized...”
“It doesn’t matter,” she said. But they both knew it did. The competition was over. She’d lost. And now she had to face her parents, had to explain why the daughter who had never placed below first in any competition in India had come in dead last in America.
“I’ll talk to them,” Selvam said. “Make them understand it wasn’t your fault.”
She shook her head. “They can’t know. They can never know.”
He was silent for a moment, his eyes on her face. Then he nodded, once. “No,” he agreed. “They can’t.”
Outside, the audience applauded as the next dancer finished her routine. The sound was distant, muffled by the dressing room walls. Yazhini wiped her face again, trying to compose herself. Her parents would be here soon, full of false encouragement, trying not to show their disappointment.
“We should go,” she said. “They’ll be looking for us.”
Selvam stood, offering her his hand. She took it, letting him pull her to her feet. The movement sent another jolt of pain through her core, and she bit her lip to keep from gasping. He noticed... of course he noticed... his eyes dropping to the place where his cock had been buried so deep the night before.
“I’m sorry,” he said again, his voice rough.
She squeezed his hand. “Don’t be,” she said. “It was worth it.”
And it was. Despite everything... the pain, the humiliation, the disappointment on her parents’ faces... she wouldn’t take it back. What she’d shared with Selvam had changed her, had marked her in ways that went deeper than the physical. The competition would fade from memory. What happened between them never would.
SCENE 2
The dressing room door burst open. Mrs. Ranganayaki rushed in first, her silk saree rustling as she moved, her face tight with concern. Mr. Krishnamoorthy followed close behind, his mustache quivering with emotion.
“There, there, my dear,” Mrs. Ranganayaki said, gathering Yazhini into her arms. “It’s only one competition. There will be others.”
Yazhini buried her face in her mother’s shoulder, her body shaking with sobs. The temple jewelry at her wrists chimed softly with each movement. “I came in last, Amma,” she whispered. “Last.”
Mr. Krishnamoorthy patted her back awkwardly. “These American judges,” he said. “They don’t understand proper Bharatanatyam. I saw at least three mistakes in the scoring.”
Selvam stood quietly by the door, his face composed. Only his eyes betrayed him... dark and troubled as they watched Yazhini cry. He’d moved away when her parents entered, creating a careful distance between them.
“It doesn’t matter what they understand,” Yazhini said, pulling back from her mother’s embrace. Her face was streaked with tears and smudged makeup. “I messed up. I know I did. My balance was off. My timing was wrong. Everything was wrong.”
She walked offstage on shaking legs, the pain between her thighs now a constant, throbbing presence. The next dancer brushed past her, already in starting position, face set with determination. Yazhini made it to the dressing room before the tears started.
She sat on the bench in front of the mirror, watching her face crumple. Her makeup... applied with such care that morning... streaked down her cheeks. The gold temple jewelry at her wrists caught the light as she wiped angrily at her eyes.
This wasn’t how it was supposed to go. She was supposed to win. Was supposed to make her parents proud, to justify the expensive trip, the months of preparation. Instead, she’d placed last in a competition she should have dominated. All because of one night. Because of Selvam.
The door opened behind her. She didn’t turn, didn’t need to. She could feel him there, tall and solid in the doorway.
“I’m sorry,” she said, her voice thick with tears. “I tried. I really tried.”
His reflection appeared in the mirror beside hers... his face grave, his eyes dark with something that might have been regret. “I know,” he said. “It’s my fault.”
She turned then, looking up at him. “No, it’s not. I wanted it. I wanted you.”
He knelt beside her bench, bringing their faces level. His hand came up to brush a tear from her cheek, his touch gentle. “I should have been more careful. Should have realized...”
“It doesn’t matter,” she said. But they both knew it did. The competition was over. She’d lost. And now she had to face her parents, had to explain why the daughter who had never placed below first in any competition in India had come in dead last in America.
“I’ll talk to them,” Selvam said. “Make them understand it wasn’t your fault.”
She shook her head. “They can’t know. They can never know.”
He was silent for a moment, his eyes on her face. Then he nodded, once. “No,” he agreed. “They can’t.”
Outside, the audience applauded as the next dancer finished her routine. The sound was distant, muffled by the dressing room walls. Yazhini wiped her face again, trying to compose herself. Her parents would be here soon, full of false encouragement, trying not to show their disappointment.
“We should go,” she said. “They’ll be looking for us.”
Selvam stood, offering her his hand. She took it, letting him pull her to her feet. The movement sent another jolt of pain through her core, and she bit her lip to keep from gasping. He noticed... of course he noticed... his eyes dropping to the place where his cock had been buried so deep the night before.
“I’m sorry,” he said again, his voice rough.
She squeezed his hand. “Don’t be,” she said. “It was worth it.”
And it was. Despite everything... the pain, the humiliation, the disappointment on her parents’ faces... she wouldn’t take it back. What she’d shared with Selvam had changed her, had marked her in ways that went deeper than the physical. The competition would fade from memory. What happened between them never would.
SCENE 2
The dressing room door burst open. Mrs. Ranganayaki rushed in first, her silk saree rustling as she moved, her face tight with concern. Mr. Krishnamoorthy followed close behind, his mustache quivering with emotion.
“There, there, my dear,” Mrs. Ranganayaki said, gathering Yazhini into her arms. “It’s only one competition. There will be others.”
Yazhini buried her face in her mother’s shoulder, her body shaking with sobs. The temple jewelry at her wrists chimed softly with each movement. “I came in last, Amma,” she whispered. “Last.”
Mr. Krishnamoorthy patted her back awkwardly. “These American judges,” he said. “They don’t understand proper Bharatanatyam. I saw at least three mistakes in the scoring.”
Selvam stood quietly by the door, his face composed. Only his eyes betrayed him... dark and troubled as they watched Yazhini cry. He’d moved away when her parents entered, creating a careful distance between them.
“It doesn’t matter what they understand,” Yazhini said, pulling back from her mother’s embrace. Her face was streaked with tears and smudged makeup. “I messed up. I know I did. My balance was off. My timing was wrong. Everything was wrong.”


![[+]](https://xossipy.com/themes/sharepoint/collapse_collapsed.png)