Adultery A husband's mistake
I was not able to properly sleep last. I woke up at 8 AM. Since it was a Saturday, I was not supposed to go to office. I woke up but I did not get off the bed. I kept staring at the ceiling. I could not comprehend if everything was a dream or reality. I slowly got up and got off the bed. I went straight away to the bathroom and got fresh, finished my daily chores and walked to the hall wiping my face with a towel. When I walked into the hall, I saw her in the balcony chatting with someone in the balcony. As I sat in the sofa looking at her, she saw me and casually walked towards me still replying to a chat. She threw the mobile on the sofa adjacent to me and sat beside me nodding her head in exasperation. I looked at her quizzically.
Sukanya: Nothing dear. Boys these days are impossible.
I was confused. Who was she referring to? Was she referring to Vimal? How could she talk to me regarding Vimal? I again looked at her questioningly.
Sukanya: Oh, this boy. He’s such a fool.
Sukanya: Wait, let me bring you coffee.
She went to the kitchen to bring coffee to me. She openly mentioned Vimal as if everything was normal. Did I miss something? Or did I misunderstand anything? While I was lost in the confusion, Sukanya came it with two cups of coffee on a tray. She placed the tray on the table and handed me one cup of coffee. She took one and sat on the sofa still nodding her head occasionally.
Me: What happened? Who are you talking about?
Sukanya: What else? The neighbor boy Vimal.
Me: What about him. (I really seemed out of place)
Sukanya: He is slowly getting back to his usual state of depression.
I blankly stared at her.
Sukanya: Yeah. We decided to help him come out of the depression. But he takes too much cognizance of his useless friends’ words.
I was even confused more. ‘We decided to help’? I stared at her cluelessly.
Sukanya: Why are you looking confused?
For the past three weeks, I was not able to focus on family. I was fully thinking about the blaring mistakes in the audit report of which I was mostly responsible. In the pursuit of fixing them, I did not pay attention to anything at all. She sat with me and spoke many times. I just nodded without even hearing and gave positive responses for everything she said. My positive responses could have been acceptance or approval, but I did not know for what. I really don’t know what had transpired and what she was talking about. She looked at me weirdly.
Me: Nothing darling. Just that I was in lot of stress. You tell me what happened. Let’s discuss from the beginning like a story. I might have missed a few information.
Sukanya gave me a suspicious look.
Sukanya: You missed some information or you didn’t listen at all?
She gave an angry look.
Me: No baby. I have listened to you, but forgot few bits in between
Sukanya: Ok. I’ll tell from the beginning.
Thank God, she didn’t ask me what I remember of what she told, because I have not paid attention to anything she spoke for the couple of weeks due to my stress and panic.
She adjusted herself on the sofa as she was ready to narrate a long story.
Sukanya started narrating the story.
Sukanya: After Mr Nair’s party, you got busy with your audit. I was feeling bored. I walked to the terrace and was contemplating on whether to call you or not. I knew you would be busy, so I didn’t want to disturb you. While I was thinking about this, I heard a rustling sound behind the water tank. I paused for a second as the mention of water tank brought me the memories of the dare night and I felt embarrassed. I also felt the same way when I looked at it, but something prompted me to walk to the water tank. Gathering all my courage and pushing my bad experience aside I walked towards the water tank because something told me something was not right. As I went closer, the sound was clear. It was the sound of weeping. I walked faster and looked behind the water tank. What I saw scared the life out of me.
Me: What? What did you see?
I was really worried about what I would hear and it showed all over my face. Sukanya’s face is also very serious. I thought I even saw a film of tears in her eyes.
Sukanya: (Taking a deep breath) You know? That boy Vimal. He was sitting in the corner of the water tank, weeping, with a blade in his hand, trying to slit his wrist.
Me: What? What the hell?
Sukanya: Yeah. I was shocked.
Me: These guys just act as if they would do such stuff, but won’t do it.
Sukanya: What are you talking? Don’t you know he actually cut his wrist? I pulled his hand away and snatched the blade of his hand. He was still bleeding. I quickly pulled a towel from the rope and tied around his hand.
I stared at her in disbelief, but I immediately hid it as she believed that I was listening to what she was telling me about the incident.
Me: He’s an idiot.
Sukanya: Yeah. I pulled him by his shirt and pushed him against the water tank.
Sukanya’s and Vimal – Narration from her POV
Sukanya: What the hell are you doing?
Vimal was weeping like a child without responding.
Sukanya: Are you out of your mind?
Vimal: Why do you care. Let me die. No one cares for me.
Sukanya: What do you mean by no one cares for you? Don’t your parents take care of you?
Vimal: (Hesitantly) I’m not talking about my parents.
Sukanya: Then who?
Vimal: (After a bit of hesitation) I was in love with a girl. She ignored me for many days, but I still followed her. Suddenly on fine day she says that she is in love with a friend of mine. My friends mock me saying who would fall for me.
Sukanya was shocked that someone would attempt to suicide for such a reason.
Sukanya: Have you gone mad? Would anyone commit suicide for such a silly reason?
Vimal: It might be silly for you. But can you imagine? No girl wants to make friendship with me and added to that my friends mock me saying that I need to marry the girl my parents would find for me, else I need to die single.
He started weeping.
Sukanya: Shut up now. (Sukanya was angry. And he also got a little scared with her anger)
Sukanya: See these things you are mentioning are temporary. One day you will be successful and lots of girls will chase you and the same friends of yours will be jealous of you.
Vimal seemed to have accepted my reasoning. He began to calm down.
Vimal: Thank you for talking to me. I feel better now.
Sukanya was very proud of herself that she changed the mind of someone who was supposed to commit suicide. She literally saved a life. There was a broad smile on her face.
Vimal: Please don’t tell my parents about this incident and also about my story.
Sukanya: (Acted as if contemplating) I’ll promise not to tell this secret, if you promise not to do this stupid act again.
Vimal: I’ll try.
Sukanya: You have to. Now clean the wound and go back to your flat. If your parents ask, tell them you scratched the tip of a screw in one of the pipes in the terrace.
Vimal: Thank you akka
I acknowledged her act of kindness.
Me: I’m proud of you. You saved a life.
Sukanya: Yeah. That has put me in a lot of unnecessary trouble (She said in mock irritation)
Me: What happened? Tell me what happened next. I might have missed a few points.
Sukanya again started to narrate the remaining story.
Sukanya: He somehow managed the injury. He gained his confidence. But one day I saw him loitering in the lobby. When I went to place the trash at the door, I saw him walking to and fro. I signalled him ‘What’s the problem?’ He came towards me. I asked him why he looked worried. He said he will talk to me on phone. When I asked him to say he said he can only tell that on phone.
My heartbeat rose. What is that he can only say on phone.
Sukanya: He took his phone out and asked for my number. I hesitantly gave my number to him. He dialed my number and asked me to store the number. He quickly left the place and went to his flat. I came inside and went to the bedroom. I saw a missed call on my mobile. I knew it was Vimal’s. I was not sure if I should start any conversation with him on phone. When I was thinking, I received a call from the same number, I hesitantly picked the call.
Sukanya: Hello
Vimal: Hi hello akka.
Sukanya: Why did you call me? You could have told the matter when you met me outside itself right.
Vimal: I was feeling shy. That’s why I wanted to talk to you on mobile.
Sukanya felt suspicious, but somehow, she trusted him.
Sukanya: Tell me
Vimal: (After some hesitation) I’m in love
Sukanya: What?
Vimal: I like a senior girl in my college. She also smiles at me occasionally.
Sukanya: Congratulations. Now you are not single
Vimal: Not so easy. I have not spoken with her. In fact I have not spoken with any girl in my college.
Sukanya: Why do you fear? You need not fear. Just boldly express yourself.
Vimal: I can’t do it.
Sukanya: You can
Vimal: Can you do me a help?
Sukanya: What?
Vimal: Can you train me how to talk to a girl?
Sukanya: What? It’s not something to be trained. You need to open your heart.
Vimal: I’m afraid I’ll mess it up.
Sukanya: (Knowing his delicate mindset) What do you want me to do?
Vimal: Give me some tips akka
Sukanya gave him some tips about what a girl likes and dislikes. But Vimal was not able to talk to the girl as he feared. He didn’t have the experience.
The next day
Vimal: I’m afraid akka
Sukanya: You can excel without making mistakes. Only when you practice by talking frequently with girls, you can get rid of the fear.
Vimal: (After a thought) Then can I talk to you to get rid of my fear?
Sukanya: You are talking.
Vimal: Not like this. Can I just imagine you as the girl I love?
Sukanya didn’t respond. He understood she was angry.
Vimal: Sorry akka. I didn’t mean to hurt you.
She hung up the call without any response. She was angry with him for such a proposal. But she also thought about what he would do if he fails in love again. She couldn’t make a decision. She decided to discuss the matter with me. Unfortunately, I was fully occupied by the audit work. I was sitting in the sofa in the hall looking at the ceiling, thinking about the consequences if anything went wrong. Sukanya came and sat beside me.
Sukanya: Are you busy?
I sat straight and looked into her face and said ‘No dear’
Sukanya: I want to discuss something with you. Can I?
Me: Sure baby.
I was still interrupted by the audit thoughts. I was thinking about what I should do to fix the mess.
Sukanya: You know, Vimal? He actually tried to commit suicide couple of days back. I wanted to tell you, but you were busy. He had an issue with his girlfriend, it seems. What stupid boys right?
Me: I didn’t hear what she spoke, but I knew she was expecting a yes or no. I just nodded.
Sukanya: Yeah. I somehow convinced him to put such stupid thoughts and focus on studies and there are many other girls. He came yesterday saying he is in love with a girl, but he is afraid to talk to her.
Sukanya put a hand on me and nudged.
Me: Oh!
Sukanya: Yeah. I gave him ideas but it didn’t work. You know what he is asking now. He is asking me to act as his girlfriend so that he can practice how to talk to his girlfriend. I felt like slapping him, but I’m worried if he’ll attempt suicide again.
I was only blankly staring at her. I didn’t hear a word she spoke, but her expressions. When I understood she was expecting an answer.
Me: You’re right
Sukanya: (Sitting upright, with curiosity) Do you mean I should help him?
I didn’t know what she was talking, but I don’t have the mental space to engage in a discussion. Hence, I nodded in affirmative. It was a grave mistake. I never imagined it’s about such a proposal. I also thought once I fix my mess, I’ll talk to her about this. But lot had happened ever since.
But she cannot call him and tell this to him. She knew he will think so cheap pf her. She was thinking about it. Just then she received a call. It was from Vimal.
Vimal: Sorry akka. I was not in my senses. I was feeling so discouraged and lost hope. I know you have helped me a lot. I don’t want to ask you anything more.
He said this and disconnected the call. Sukanya was confused what to do. She called him back. It rang for a full ring but the call was not received. She tried again, but the same result. She then pinged him in a stern tone.
Sukanya: CALL ME NOW!
He immediately called.
Sukanya: Why do you give up so easily? Don’t you fight?
Vimal didn’t understand what Sukanya was saying.
Sukanya: Alright. I understand you need training. Let us chat within limits.
Vimal’s happiness knew no bounds.
Vimal: Thank you akka
Sukanya: Stop calling me akka, at least when chatting. It sounds odd.
Vimal: Then what should I call you akk… (He stopped in mid before he called her akka)
Sukanya: I don’t know
Vimal: Ok we’ll look at it when needed. Now I can’t tell you how thankful I’m to you.
Sukanya: Hmm
There was silence for some time.
Sukanya: Do you want to chat?
Vimal: Yes, dear. Can I call you this?
Sukanya: Hmm
Vimal: Looks like you are shy now. And you need training.
Sukanya: Shut up. I don’t need training.
Vimal: What are you doing?
Sukanya: Nothing. Just folding the clothes.
The chat started with casual conversation. Slowly they began to get cozy with each other.
Vimal: I don’t think I’m not able to woo her. I know that she likes me, but she is just trying to tease me.
Sukanya: Are you sure she loves you?
Vimal: Yes.
Sukanya: Then you tease her?
Vimal: How?
Sukanya: You act like you are interested in someone or someone is interested in you. Jealousy works well with girls.
Vimal: Wow. Such a nice idea. If they ask me who, who should I point to.
Sukanya: You give some fictional story. Say she is from your school days or someone from your neighbourhood.
Vimal: I only know one girl from my neighbourhood.
Sukanya: Hey rascal! Who’s that girl?
Vimal: Who else? It’s you.
Sukanya was shocked.
Sukanya: Do I look like a girl?
Vimal: You look more beautiful than anyone else in our college. If you are from my college, you would have been the first one I would have proposed.
Sukanya: I’ll kill you rascal. (It’s just a playful daunt)
Vimal: (Laughing) Just joking. But I’m not joking about one thing.
Sukanya: What’s that?
Vimal: You are more beautiful than anyone else in our college.
In case I take you to my college and say that you are my girlfriend, every boy in my college will die of jealousy.
Sukanya blushed as she liked the way Vimal was talking. But acted to admonish him.
Sukanya: Shut up now. You will get beating from me.
Their conversation continued like this. Then after a couple of days.
Vimal: Hey Suk. Listen. I said that I’m in love with a girl in my neighbourhood, my friends refuse to believe me. They are asking me to show the photo. What should I do?
Sukanya: I don’t know what to say. Let me think.
Sukanya approached me to discuss this. Like usual I was working on preparing the final report. I had sorted out the issue, but just needed to file the report in a tight deadline. Sukanya approached me when I was at work.
Sukanya: Can I talk to you?
Me: Tell me (Without looking at her)
Sukanya: You know Vimal right. I’m helping him out with the girlfriend issue. But he had falsely claimed that he has a girlfriend, but his friends doubt him. He wants to use my photo. Should I share it with him?
I did not respond. She shook me and asked.
Sukanya: Should I share?
Me: Of course you should.
Sukanya gave a smile and pinched on me cheek and ask me to continue my work. Sukanya shared a selfie of herself and he shared it with is friends.
Vimal: Hey Suk. You know what? My friends were all flat seeing your pic.
Sukanya: Oh really? Am I that beautiful?
Vimal: Beautiful? You are awesome. They asked me how I got hold of such a beauty. They are mad now.
Vimal was ecstatic. Sukanya was happy that she was able to bring him out of the depression and make him so happy.
Sukanya: I’m also so happy for you.
Vimal: Can you please send me a selfie of your happiness?
Sukanya without thinking immediately took a selfie and sent it to him with a huge smile. But she forgot that she was wearing a nighty and her cleavage was visible. Vimal got a great glimpse of her boobs from top view.
Vimal: Wow. So beautiful
Sukanya: What’s so beautiful? I’m just in a simple dress.
She did not know that he was referring to her boobs. This was when he started to have feelings for her.
Vimal: Can you please send me a full pic of yours?
Sukanya without doubting sent him couple more selfies from different angles. I knew the boy would have had a hard on with the beauty in a nighty.
Vimal: You know what? My friends asked me to bring my girlfriend to a movie while they bring their girlfriends.
Sukanya: What? No way.
Vimal: Puppy face
Sukanya: Your idea will not work.
They started to chat a lot. They even chatted in the late night. 

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]

Subconsciously Sukanya started to enjoy chatting with him. Sometimes when she went to the terrace, she remembered sitting nude behind the water tank while he stood smoking beside her. She imagined what would have happened if he had looked towards her. Initially it used to be disgusting, but now it felt funny for her. Also, there was a funny relation to the water tank. She sat nude beside him at the same water tank. And him attempting to suicide beside the same water tank. Looks like the water tank is playing a role here. After that, every time she went to the terrace to pick the clothes, she would particularly look at the water tank and shyly smile to herself.
[+] 5 users Like rahulishere's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
A husband's mistake - by rahulishere - 11-03-2024, 10:57 AM
RE: A husband's mistake - by Projectmp - 11-03-2024, 11:29 AM
RE: A husband's mistake - by rahulishere - 11-03-2024, 05:10 PM
RE: A husband's mistake - by rahulishere - 11-03-2024, 06:22 PM
RE: A husband's mistake - by rahulishere - 11-03-2024, 06:29 PM
RE: A husband's mistake - by rahulishere - 11-03-2024, 06:36 PM
RE: A husband's mistake - by sri7869 - 12-03-2024, 09:52 PM
RE: A husband's mistake - by rahulishere - 13-03-2024, 04:09 PM
RE: A husband's mistake - by olumannan - 13-03-2024, 09:40 PM