Adultery My mom's treatment at the hands of commoners by debt_is_paid
Chapter 43

Tailor's visit:
My anticipation knew no bounds. I was anxious to find out what Uncle Shyam had planned for me and my mother, especially during that card game. He had said that out of the two guys he was bringing, one of them would be known to us. My mind was racing to know who that one person is; whether its someone whos already had his way with my mother like Haria or Haripada or Nayan, the butcher from our neighborhood bazaar or Puchu, his nephew or even the milkman! My mind was also racing to know the identity of the other guy whom Uncle Shyam was bringing into the fold! Was he another low-class dirty pervert like the rest of them or was he someone sophisticated, like an old friend of Uncle Shyams from his military days I couldnt sleep the whole night owing to these questions fogging my mind.

The next morning, when I woke up, everything seemed normal, except for the nervous way my mother was acting. She was making silly mistakes all throughout the day, like forgetting to turn on the stove while attempting to boil water, missing her morning breakfast and then being reminded of it by me, etc. I knew she was tense and worried about what Uncle Shyam had in store. Moreover, she still couldnt meet my eyes while talking to me and I believe she was a little bit surprised as well, seeing that I had not brought up the topic of what I witnessed in Siliguri. Perhaps, she assumed I was too shy to talk about it or perhaps, she was afraid that if she talked to me about it, I would tell my father. Either way, we kept our distance from each other. That is until the afternoon!

Thok! Thok! Thok!, went the knock on the door. I was in the living room, watching TV while my mom was in the kitchen doing some chores. Haria had already left for the day and so my sweet homely mother came out of the kitchen to answer the door. She was wearing her usual modest red-colored silk nighty  loosely-hung, half-sleeved and covered most of her body, except her creamy white forearms. Although the nightgown was modest, the dress just flowed around her womanly figure like water around a rock as it highlighted her curves. It also moved in sync with her well-rounded hips.

When she opened the door, there he was  Kakababu standing at the door, with a plastic bag in hand and a distorted smile on his face, like an idiotic old pervert!

To recap, the old man we knew as Kakababu was over sixty years old - with a frail body. He had thick glasses on and was essentially bald-headed. His complexion was brown and he had silvery spiked beard which needed shaving badly. When my mother opened the door, he eyed her from head to tip. His glasses were so thick it was hard to make out what he was thinking, but other than that he looked normal.

Madam, kemon achen (Bhabhi, how are you), he asked with a sheepish grin.

Bhalo. Asha kori apnio bhalo achen. (Fine. Hope you are keeping fine too), my mom greeted him and welcomed him to our house. I saw him enter and stood up from the sofa.

Madam, ei boyeshe ki aar bhalo thaka jae Bas kichudin agei jor hoechilo, jodio ekhon bhaloe achi. (Bhabhi, does this age allow remaining in good health Only a few days before I had fever, now am fine though.), he said. He gave a fleeting glance toward me and said to my mother, Bah, apnar cheleo ache ghor e. Khub bhalo. Asha kori, Shyam Babu apnake boleche ami keno eschi. (So, youre soon is home too. Very good. I hope Shyam Babu has briefed you about my coming.)

Hain, uni bolechilen je onar barir obostha khub ekta bhalo na, tai uni onar bondhuder ke amader barite dekechen taash khelar jonno. (Yes, he mentioned that the condition of his house wasnt very good, so hes asked his friends to come to our house for a round of cards.), she proceeded, Amar bor er satheo uni kotha bole niyeche aar or kono apotti nei. (Hes had a chat with my husband about the same.). The last statement was obviously a blatant lie but I guess my sweet protective mother didnt want to have to explain the details in front of me, her trueborn son.

Baah sune bhalo laglo. Tahle, madam, ami ei je shopping bag ta enechi (Thats good to know. Now, madam, this shopping bag that I have), Kakababu raised the bag a little bit just to give an indication of what he was carrying. er modhe apnar dress ta ache. (this contains your dress.). My mom picked it from the tailors frail hands but I couldnt help but notice the old pervert slightly grazing his wrinkled fingers over my moms smooth hand as she did so. Obviously my mom brushed it off, thinking he was an old man, but I could clearly see the glitter in his ageing eyes, behind his thick glasses.

Anyways, after getting the bag, my mom then took a peek at what was inside and her face suddenly turned pale and morbid. E-esob ki Ami esob porte parbo na! (W-what is this I cant wear this!), she cried yet in a pleading tone. Then she took one glance at me and saw that I had a puzzled expression on my face. Immediately, she changed her tone and started speaking more professionally. Esober ki dorkar ache, Kakababu Amar kache toh onek bhalo bhalo dress ache. (What is the need for all this, Kakababu I have plenty of dresses in my closet.)

Na, madam. Amae Shyam Babu porishkar kore bolechen apnake ei dress dite. Asole uni janen je ami apnar sorir er map-jhop ni. (No, madam. Shyam Babu has specifically instructed me to give you this dress. Actually, hes well aware that I take all of your measurements.), his face betrayed a hint of smirk when he said that and then continued, Tai uni amake ei daitto ta diyechen. Asole ki janen toh, Shyam Babur bondhura khub ekta boro gharana theke ase na. Onara eshe jodi jante pare je apni eto boro ghorer malkin tahle onara lojjae hoyto ghorei dhukben na. Tai onader arāmaprada korar jonno Shyam Babu apnake ei dress ta porar anurodh korechen. (Thats why hes entrusted me with this task. Actually, you know what, Shyam Babus friends dont come from very high-class families. If they come to find out that theyre entering the mansion of such a wealthy married woman, then they would be too shy to even come in. Thats why, in order to make them comfortable, Shyam Babu has requested you to please wear this dress.).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My mom's treatment at the hands of commoners - by usaiha2 - 19-06-2019, 04:58 PM