Adultery Unwanted Houseguest....Continued (the Mouse that Roared) by breville1-COMPLETED
Guilt

She reached out for my hand and placed the earring in my palm. She closed my fingers around it, making it into a fist. Then with both hands she clasped my fist. I could feel her shaking. She could feel me shaking.
Ww why am I crying? You ve left your prison..you re .
I.I'll I m happy you ve found someone else.
Kavi, I whispered hoarsely. I swallowed, my throat was parched. My pulse had risen and I was deafened by the sound of my heart beat.
Its not like that.. She had put her hand over my mouth cutting me off.
Shush.. She said as she sobbed. All this time I thought you werent man enough and;.and . I made that the most important thing in my life. I ..became blind. to everything else. But.I was getting tired.tired of my game. I was beginning to see..see you truly;. again the Taj Express weekend.. it it.was .so beautiful. Now, I..I guess you ve found someone someone. who isnt blind who gives you confidence.
With that she left the room.
I stood there with the earring in my fist. I had been caught red handed. I had felt like a deer in the headlights of an oncoming car, transfixed, waiting for the death blow. Why? I had left my prison, hadn’t I? What difference did it make whether she knew or not? Hadn’t she just spent the last six and a half months with Prem and the other guys? How easily she gave her body to Vasant and Raja to spite me. Yes, I would always love her but I had made my move and I did have a great time with Sunita. I did arrange to move to another apartment. I was ready for her decision. Then why the fuck did it matter so much? Why did it hurt so much?
in prison, she held the key. Her reaction to finding the earring was like the classic heartbroken and cheated wife. There was no mistaking that, it was genuine pain. How ironic. Just the other day she was blatantly and brazenly fucking these other guys. Could I trust her? I had metaphorically left the door open. I wanted her to make a decision. I wanted to know if I really mattered enough to her. I wanted her to come back to me only if she really wanted to.
The earring wasnt a decisive point for me. She hadnt thought I was capable. It was just simple jealousy and shock. But it was one hell of an experience to be caught like that. I wasnt going to tell her anything. I wanted her to believe that I was satisfying someone else. I wanted her to hurt, to realize that she had really lost everything. Until she specifically indicated that she wanted to come back, I would simply continue with moving to the studio apartment. But in reality, I was very afraid that she wouldnt respond. That some kind of pride thing would stop her from asking to come back. What would I do if she didnt say anything? What if she just took it for granted that we would separate? Damn my pride!
Still shaking inside I went out. I realized that I was upset that I too had cheated. The guilt was killing me. I loved her too much.
She was in the kitchen, leaning against the counter top, arms folded, staring vacantly at the opposite wall, eyes still streaming. I reached for her face and gently caressed it, moving her hair away. I wiped away her tears and took her gently in my arms. She gripped me tightly and cried even more. I just hated seeing her in that state.
Lets have some tea, Im shaking inside I said as I gently pushed her away.
Me too, she replied.
We drank the tea in silence but both clearly felt better.
My mother in law walked in yawning.
Tea, thats a good idea. Youre both very quiet, whats up? She remarked.
Didnt want to disturb you. But Kavi is feeling a little apprehensive as we have to see the doctor one last time.I replied quickly.
Don t worry, dear. Manu is with you now. You know he ll take care of you she said.
Kavi just looked at me, our eyes met and she said Yes I know, ma.
Let me make the tea for you. It ll help me calm my nerves a little.
I thought it better to leave as quickly as possible before my mother in law guessed that there was another issue besides the doctor visit.
Kavi, we need to leave now, otherwise well be late. Sorry, ma.
We hurriedly freshened up in our bathroom and we went downstairs to the car. As we walked, I explained why I had to drop the charges against Prem and why I agreed to let Prem stay because Gowrie was pregnant.
I had to agree as I had no other choice regarding who could look after you. So, in the end, despite everything that had happened to me, the three of you would be back together, enjoying like old times in my apartment, eating my food. That was another reason why I didnt want to reply to your messages. I was angry. I did feel glad that I had moved out though. If I had known about your parents, it would have been different.
On my part, I knew you were very upset about me, the bang, everything said Kavi. As I said earlier, I did a lot of thinking and I didnt want Gowrie or Prem, especially Prem with me any more. It was an easy decision to call mum and dad. When you didnt respond to my messages, I knew you were angry. But when I discovered that there was no money in the Savings account, I began to really understand your plans.
Dont worry, Ill give you enough money to look after yourself. I just didnt want Prem to enjoy it. I said.
Kavi had become silent and had started to cry again.
We got in the car and drove towards the new apartments.
Are arent we going the wrong direction for the doctor? asked Kavi.
Yes, I replied. Im going to pick up the keys to my studio apartment first. Otherwise they ll be closed by the time we get back.
She turned to look out through her window. I could tell she was sobbing uncontrollably.
After doing the formalities I asked for a quick tour. It was on the top floor with nice views. The design was ultra modern compared to our old place. I was pleased.
Nice, very niceI said. “Until I find a larger place.
Kavi remained silent throughout.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unwanted Houseguest....Continued (the Mouse that Roared) by breville1 - by Ramesh_Rocky - 27-12-2018, 07:49 PM