Adultery Adventures of Ruby (Naïve and Innocent housewife)
Ruby smiled to herself now that she has his attention. She slowly spoke without trying to cover the "View".
"I don't know how to make it up for you. I have never been in this situation before. I thought it would be just child's play for you to threaten them to get more details and that was very selfish of me. I cannot undo what happened to you." She paused.
"But I would like to help you in any and every way possible to make it comfortable for you. Please, please do let me know how I can make this right."
She got emotional and started crying and said, "Please help me. I cannot live like this. Not after knowing that I have caused pain to you.
Please, please do help me help you so that I can make it right."
She bent down and put her face on his hand she was holding and started sobbing.
Sid felt very irritated at first but could not move as it would hurt. He kept very silent.
After almost a minute, Ruby felt it is hopeless and slowly rose from her position and adjusted her pallu properly. She had to come to terms that there is nothing she can do to make it right.
She slowly stood up and in a very low voice said, "Okay, I will leave now, since you don't want to see my face anymore. I have put the food on the table. Please let me know if you need anything else."

With a heavy heart she walked out the door, locked it and started walking towards her flat.
She went straight to her bedroom and collapsed on it sobbing. She slowly dozed off into a sleep.
She woke up when her cell phone chimed. She lazily looked at the time. It was PM.
She picked up her phone and there were several messages from Sid.
She was pleasantly surprised and read the first message.
It said, "I will help you help me to make it right."
The first message and the second one were almost 20 minutes apart from each other. As if Sid was contemplating what to text and being very careful.
The second one said, "You are the reason for a lot of pain, both physical and mental."
The third one - "You will have to help me a lot, I mean "a lot", to right all of the wrong doings. Are you up for it?"
Ruby felt butterflies in her stomach. A very familiar tingling sensation. She wasn't sure what Sid would ask for. But she was relieved that she has a chance of being forgiven and excited.
She sat there lost in her thoughts. "What could he possibly have on his mind?"
She wasn't sure how to respond.
Her phone rang. It was Amit. She picked it up. "Hello!" Amit's voice sounded very dull. Ruby could not figure out if it is the reception that is bad or if he is in a bad mood.

"Are you okay? Your voice is very low" she responded.
After a long pause, Amit spoke, "Good news, bad news. What do you want to hear first?"
Ruby got frightened and said, "What happened? Are you okay? Is your health okay?"
"I am fine, I am fine" Amit responded. "It is stuff at work."
"Okay bad news first, then." She said.
"A few team members left the company unannounced and so we have to hire new folks." He said.
"Why is that bad news?" Ruby asked innocently.
"Let me finish babaa. The folks that are leaving will take the experience with them. And hiring new team members takes time and training them takes time aaannd" Before he could finish, Ruby said, "Aaaannndd?"
"Aaaannndd that is the bad news. I would have to handle the work load myself with the remaining team members and spend time hiring and training the new ones. Which I cannot do from Mumbai. So, more frequent and longer tours to Bangalore until it is resolved."
Ruby could only say, "oh".
"oh? That's it? I thought you will start crying." Amit sounded disappointed.
"Sorry I meant This is indeed bad news." She responded.
"What is the good news, then?" She asked.
"More opportunities to taste Bangalore food." He said laughing.
The door bell rang. Ruby said, "Amit there is someone at the door, let me answer it and come back."
She was surprised to see Amit at the door. He smiled and walked in.
"Since we will have to work over the weekdays, my boss sent all of us home for the weekend." He explained."
Ruby smiled and hugged him saying "So this is the good news?". He responded with a nod.
Ruby told him to take a shower and started preparing dinner.
Half hour later her mind came back to the question Sid posed . "Should I say Yes? What does it mean if I do? I definitely cannot say no. I don't want to say no. Sid might have already noticed that I have read his texts. Delaying my response would send the wrong message. What should I do, what should I do?" Ruby couldn't make up her mind.

"Where is the towel, Ruby?" Amit yelled from the batch room.
"Coming" Ruby put the phone down and ran towards the bath room. She gave him his towel, clothes and started slowly walking back to the kitchen.
The phone chimed a couple of times and she saw a few unread texts, all from Sid.
She became nervous and slowly picked it up and started reading them.
"I can see you are tied up. I saw Amit bhayya getting out of the taxi from my window."
Ruby was relieved reading this.
The next one said, "My friend Rohan will be stopping by this evening. We will be stepping out for a bit and will not return until 9 PM."
As she was reading this, another text showed up - "I know you will not be comfortable responding to my question with Amit bhayya around. So here is the deal. If your answer is "Yes", then go to my room and clean the dishes you got food in earlier today. If it is a "No" then leave them as they are and I will understand. "
Ruby heard Amit walk into the kitchen and she immediately put the phone away and started making small talk with him and started cooking. Amit went on and on about his pending work but Ruby could not concentrate, she kept smiling and nodding.
"Oh by the way, how is Sid doing?" Amit asked.
Ruby got emotional and said "Fine"
"There, there, I know they have done a lot for us during our time of need. So we should help him. Let me go invite him for dinner." Amit said trying to get out of his chair.
Ruby stopped him and said, "No, No. He has gone out with his friend."
"Oh..ok" Amit said, "I am very hungry, let us have food."
After dinner, Amit went straight to bed and by the time Ruby came back to bedroom after doing the dishes, he was fast asleep.
She looked at the time and it was 8PM. She slowly woke Amit up and told him that she needs to get the dishes from Sid's flat. He nodded and went back to sleep.
Ruby locked the door and went to Sid's room. She picked up the dishes and cleaned them. She did some light dusting as well to make it obvious that she was there and her answer is a "YES".
She came back to her flat and sat on the sofa. She did not turn the lights on. She started thinking in the dark. "What did Sid have in mind?" She was waiting for Sid to return at 9PM and get her answer. "What will he do now?"
She was very nervous and at the same time, very excited.

At about 10 past 9PM, she heard some noise coming from Sid's flat and figured he is back and would have noticed the dishes cleaned and the place tidied up.
Her heart was racing with anticipation. She could hear Amit's loud snoring and was glad that he is in deep sleep.
Her palms became sweaty.
After what felt like ages, her phone chimed. She almost dropped it.
She slowly checked her messages and noticed one from Sid. She started reading it.
[+] 2 users Like sugahdaddy15's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adventures of Ruby (Naïve and Innocent housewife) - by sugahdaddy15 - 01-01-2023, 04:15 AM