Romance Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1
Epilogue

That was undoubtedly, the best week of my life. Courtesy- my love, my sweetheart, Nila.
Both of us were pretty restless when the guys returned the next day. And we had all the right to be so too, they had screwed up our routine big time. But we got used to it quite soon, not that we had a choice either!
The guys eventually came to know about us. They didn't exactly catch us kissing or worse. It's just the way we spoke to each other, the way we acted in each other's presence, it was pretty evident we were in love. It was unexpected, but the guys acted in a mature, responsible manner about my love life.
They only teased us for a week.
We were constantly surrounded by friends, and had hardly enough time or privacy for ourselves. When we did get some, we couldn't go beyond kissing or fondling.
Even that reduced to almost nil when the college started. Though we were in the same college, we didn't share a common branch, naturally the time we spent together reduced. We got busy with our studies, new friends etc. etc.
Of course, there was the regular smses, Facebook chats and the rest, but nothing comes close to the physical intimacy we shared. I'm not just talking about the sex here. There's something reassuring in talking to your girl, in person, than in a virtual chat with her. Even in a telephone conversation that level of authenticity can't be recreated.
Hearing her voice in real time, looking into her sparkling eyes as she speaks, the way her wonderful lips widen when she smiles, hearing her laugh, breathing in her aroma. That's an unbeatable experience.
Slowly, but steadily, the ridge between us widened. And before we knew it, we had multitudes of things between us, and no time for each other.
No matter how much we tried, we couldn't find a plausible solution to our problems. So we decided to end our relationship. There was no crying or yelling or any of that drama. It was a mutual understanding. We already knew it had ended even before we decided to end it. So, we parted ways like mature adults.
Sure we suffered a post break-up heartache. Sulking. Retreating syndrome. The standard gear.
In the end, when it was finally over -like over for good- we could finally look each other in the eye and talk with out taking a guilt trip. And I was proud of it. It felt good. But every time that happened, a little voice in my head wonders if things would have been different, if we'd not decided to break up.
Probably, in an alternate universe, we're still going out. We're making love this very instant. In an alternate universe.
Even today, when I see her smile, or brush her hair over her ears, little butterflies dance in my stomach, reminding me of what a special person she was in my life.

~THE END~
[+] 4 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1 - by ddey333 - 24-10-2022, 06:34 PM