Romance Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1
He went back to savouring his magazine after tendering me the change, no questions asked. And I walked out of there pocketing the contraceptives, with my head held high.
Nila looked like she had just got out of the shower when I got back home. She was wearing a fresh t-shirt and a skirt, and was drying her wet hair with a large towel. I placed the food on the dining table, walked up to her and hugged her from behind.
'Hai,' I said, combing her moist hair from her shoulders. 'I was kinda hoping to get into the shower with you' I said kissing her neck, my hands busy playing with her waist. She caressed my cheeks with one hand, the other resting on mine.
'Sorry sweetie' she said apologetically, and turned to face me. 'but I'm still sore from last time' she said, and forced a smile.
'That's ok' I said, and let her go.
'Why don't you go freshen up? I'll set the table' she kissed my cheek and walked away. A bath sounded like the perfect remedy to get rid of the sticky feeling from the dried sweat that clinged to my body.
A warm shower was exactly what I needed. Tiny streams of pressurized water knocking against my skin felt so good, it was almost thebangtic. I let the water flow all over me, and scrubbed myself until I felt 'clean'.
Twenty minutes later, I was out of the shower with nothing but a towel around my waist, dripping water over the marble floor.

I longed for fresh clothes after my bath. But I was out of options and had to settle for the same old one's I had worn in the morning.
My tummy growled again. It was way past my lunch time.
I acknowledged Nila with a smile at the dining table. She smiled back, but she wasn't her usual self. She seemed a little timid and withdrawn. I didn't particularly feel any different either. We were still coming to terms with the fact that we had made love just a few hours ago. There was a visible tension between us, and neither of us knew how to address it.
'Er... Nila' I called out. She looked up, pausing from serving up the plates. 'Here' I handed her the pack of i-pill. 'I know it's not the ideal gift... Especially after we've...' I struggled to find the right word.
'Made love...' she put it delicately and took the packet.
'Yes. Made love' I repeated. I wanted to tell her more, to try and convince her I'm not a jackass. But for some reason, my mouth wouldn't open up. She looked like she welcomed the silence, and so I let it be.
'Shall we eat?' she asked, not making any eye contact.
'Ya, sure' I was avoiding her gaze as well.
That was the last conversation we had that day. For the first time since I had arrived, we ate in silence. It was so quiet, we could even hear the ticking of the wall clock.
After lunch, I didn't hang out for long. I bid her goodbye, and returned home.
We didn't get back to being ourselves until the next morning. It started out with courteous pleasantries, 'Good morning', 'How are you', that kind of stuff. By late evening, we had completely shed our inhibitions and had got down to the extent of kissing and caressing each other.
For the next couple of days we followed a rather predictable routine. We'd hang out all morning, usually watching a movie at her place or the mall. We'd be back home by noon, make sweet love, have lunch, and make love again.
Life, as I know it, was turning out to be pretty good. What I didn't know was that all this would end when the guys came back from their holiday.

'You know, I don't think we'll be able to have our thing once the guys get back' I said, lying on her bed, caressing her naked shoulder.
Nila sat up, the thin blanket sliding off her smooth skin to reveal her beautiful breasts. 'Why so?' she asked, with a questioning look on her face.
'Well, once they're back my afternoons won't be free anymore' I shifted my weight on my left hand and raised myself to get a better look at her 'probably most of my evenings as well'
'Seriously?' she said sarcastically, "most of your evenings" she mocked me. 'Rajesh, I don't want you spending your nights with them.'
Nila was dead serious. She had just called me by my name. She never calls me by my name. It's usually sweetie or honey or something along those lines. But never my name.
'Baby you know that you're my first priority don't you?' I said to her, taking her hands in mine 'You know that right?'
'Yeah, but... But you don't have to hang out with them at night' she looked up at me expecting to know something. I blankly stared at her.
'Oh come on! Don't act like you know nothing about it!' she threw her hands up in despair. 'I know what you guys do during your... Your night outs. It's your date with alcohol isn't it? You guys drink until you pass out, and wake up in the morning with a bad headache...' she got out of the bed in anger and started wearing her clothes in anger.
[+] 2 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1 - by ddey333 - 23-10-2022, 11:51 PM