Romance Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1
After having breakfast at her place, we set off to roam the streets on my bike. Our parents knew about our outing, so we didn't worry much about being spotted. First we went to a morning show. It was a pretty good movie and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had lunch at a nearby restaurant, and roamed around a mall until late in the evening. We flirted with each other the whole day, not going beyond holding hands occasionally. Our parents had already returned from work by the time we reached home. We politely said goodbye once we reached home, and started chatting on Facebook until late into the night, once we got into our respective rooms.
Next morning I woke up to the sound of my mobile ringing. I found myself lying on my bed, with my laptop sitting next to me.
The mobile continued to ring. I rubbed my eyes, and answered the phone.
'Hello' I said still dazed.
'Finally woke up huh?' it was Nila. 'I've called you five times in the last hour'
I immediately picked up my watch. It read 09:56am. I always slept in, but never this late.
'Why don't you come by my house after your breakfast.' she sounded excited 'I found something I want to show you'
'Umm...' I murmured. 'when did you wake up?' I asked her, placing my laptop aside and getting off my bed.
'At 8.' she dismissed me. 'Don't take too long. I'll be waiting' she said and cut the call.

And so, I went to her house right after I had had my breakfast. Turns out she had found an old present I'd given her ages ago.
She literally dragged me into her parents bedroom.
I had already been there during her sister's wedding, and nothing had changed much, except that they had a tv in the room.
'Remember this?' she picked up a little "photo frame" from her mother's shelf. Something I had made with four ice cream sticks. I took it from her and checked it out. It was old and worn out. The sticks had been painted red, with little white hearts in the corners.
'You gave this to me on my 6th birthday... or was it my 7th?' she was trying hard to remember.
She had stuck a picture of us when we were kids in the frame.
I smiled at her innocence. She looked at me and smiled back. 'I found it when I was cleaning my room this morning.' she walked over to my side 'Mummy thinks it's cute. So I gave it to her.'
'I can't believe we were that little' I said giving a hard look at the picture.
'Time flies huh?' she said taking my arm in hers, and resting her head on my shoulder.
'I know' I said and kissed her on her head.
'Wait' she abruptly broke away from me. 'Let me get you something to drink' she rushed out of the room.
She came back with two glasses of ice cold lemonade. It was a very hot day and I welcomed the gesture.
'Thanks' I said picking up a glass. 'We could have shared the same glass...but whatever' I said smiling at her.
She looked at me pretending to be angry, but laughed immediately after.
She switched on the fan as I settled myself on the large double bed. Leaning on the headboard I motioned her to get the tv remote. She came to bed, resting her head on my chest she flicked the tv on. She kept changing channels, trying to find something good to watch. There was none.
We just let the tv blair out random images and wierd noise as we got to talking. I removed the little hair clip she was wearing and put in on a nearby side table. She snuggled closer to me and I put my hand over hers, reassuringly. It felt good, having the woman I love by my side. There wasn't a particular topic we chose to talk about. Just casual chat, hopping from one thing to another.
[+] 2 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1 - by ddey333 - 23-10-2022, 12:28 PM