Romance Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1
"PING"
My train of thought was interrupted by the message I had got on my phone. It was from JJ.
'U coming rite' it said.
'Nope. Mom didn't allow. You guys enjoy ' I replied.
It was about going on a trip to Goa to have one big bash before our college opened. They would leave next morning and be back a week later. My mom wouldn't let me go because I had spent the last 4 years in boarding school and she wanted me to stay at home now.
Early next morning, I made my way to JJ's place to bid them good bye. They were all set with their bags packed and strapped to their bikes.
'Hey!' Danny hugged me 'So you finally decided to come huh?'
'No' I replied 'just came to say good bye' I picked up a chips packet that was lying near by.
JJ snached the chips packet from me.
'That's for the road trip' he said.
'Fuck you!' I said casually, and took the pack of chips back and settled myself on the couch.
'Fucker. It's 1 week in Goa. There's gonna be parties and bikini clad babes and hot chicks on the dance floor!' Danny said. 'You're gonna miss a lot of good stuff man'
'Do I fucking look like I give a fuck?' I said eating the chips and looking away from him.
'Why would you?' Danny mocked me. 'You have a girlfriend now' he said, and the others laughed.
'Don't get Nila into this' I said, quiet angrily.
'Wow, wow, wow' Danny said in all seriousness 'I never said anything about her. Why do you assume it's her? Do you like her?' he said, coming closer to me.
'Fuck you assholes' I got off the couch. 'I'm going home' I said and walked to the door.
'You don't really need this do you?' I asked them holding up the chips packet.
'Keep it' Danny said, smiling at me. 'I thought you came here to say good bye'
'Oh, yeah' I said 'wait, I've got a good bye present for you...it's here somewhere' I pretended to search my pockets. After a few seconds, I pulled out my hand from my pocket, and gave them the finger and smiled.
'Yea yea... Fuck you too' JJ said, showing me his middle finger on both hands.
This was how we spoke to each other. Always. There was no courtesy or politeness in our speech. But the harshness existed only in our speech, not in our actions. We were close, almost like blood brothers.

I met Nila on my way home.
'Hey! Wait up!' I called out to her. 'Chips?' I asked, holding up the chips packet.
'No thanks' she said shaking her head. It looked like she had just got out of bed. Her hair was messed up, which she was trying to tidy up with her hands. She was wearing a loose pink t-shirt and a pair of light blue track pants.
'Nice pants' I commented.
She looked up at me, then looked down at me. I was only wearing shorts that came down to my knees, and exposed my naked legs. 'Nice legs' she said and smiled.
'Where are you going this early?' I said, walking with her.
'To buy milk'
We walked in silence, except for the sound of me munching chips that is.
'So, you're not going to Goa?' she asked after keeping mum for a moment.
'No' I said turning to her. 'My mom want's me to stay home...' she brushed her hair over her ears, and I lost my words.
'No. You can't kiss me now' she said, not even looking at me.
'What?! I didn't even say anything!' I protested.
'But you were thinking of it'
'No. I wasn't' I lied.
'Give me that!' she took away my chips pack, threw it away and continued walking.
'Hey!' I said angrily. 'I'm hungry!'
'Why do you eat that early in the morning. Come home for breakfast. I'm making Idlys today' she said lovingly.
She stopped when we neared the shop. 'You're not doing anything today right?' she asked me.
'No. I'm free. Why?'
'Good. Take me out today.'
'What do you mean?'
'You know... Movies, shopping, somewhere. I just want to spend the day with you' she looked down shyly.
'Fine' I replied happily. 'But let's go to a real movie today, none of that crap we watched the other day.'

[+] 2 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1 - by ddey333 - 23-10-2022, 08:09 AM