Romance Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1
'Wake up!' Nila whispered into my ears in the movie hall the next day.
'What?!' I said waking up from a deep slumber. 'Is the movie over?' I asked her.
'No. It's almost time for the interval' she replied.
I had rest my head on Nila's shoulders. She was caressing my hair lovingly. I looked around the dark room. Though, my friends had brought their girlfriends, we weren't sitting in the same row. We had spread out to avoid embarrassing looks from each other. My friends were busy fondling their girlfriends.
It was mid week, and the movie hall was near empty because it was mid week, but also mostly because the movie was bad.
'Can you get me some popcorn?' Nila asked me when the lights came back on.
'Sure' I said, and left my seat.
JJ, Danny and Suresh were already buying stuff at the snacks counter.
'Hey!' I greeted them.
'Hey romeo!' JJ yelled at me. 'What's up with you and Nila huh?' he asked.
I gave him a confused look.
'Lying on her shoulder, now buying her popcorn. What's up boss?' Danny asked me matter of factly.
'The movie's like crap you idiots.' I retorted. 'Of course I fell asleep. And this one's for me' I said indicating my popcorn and cool drink.
'Alright man! Chill. You don't have to get all excited' Danny calmed me down, and we went into the movie hall, just in time for the movie to start.
'Here's you popcorn...and your cool drink' I placed both of them in her hands.
'Where's your drink?' she asked taking a sip of her cool drink.
'I don't mind sharing' I took the bottle from her and drank from it.
About ten minutes into the movie, I placed my head on her shoulder pretending to sleep.
'You're not sleeping are you?' she whispered into my ears.
'Nope' I said.
'You're not watching the movie either?'
'Nope'
'You just want to sleep on my shoulder then?' she asked after a short pause.
'Yup'
I slept on her shoulders for the rest of the movie, and she played with my hair, caressing it. Occasionally, when she fed me popcorn, and I would kiss her hands.
I didn't really like the movie, so I just ended up playing with her hand.

That night, after the movie, I was lying in bed trying to catch up on some reading. No matter how hard I tried, I always ended up thinking about Nila. The way she caressed my hair in the dark, the time we spent together these few days...
[+] 2 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1 - by ddey333 - 23-10-2022, 07:21 AM