Romance Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1
It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining in it's full glory, there was a little rain last night, and everything outside was looking 'clean'. But I was stuck inside nursing my illness.
'RINGGGG!' It was the doorbell.
'Coming!'
I yelled, or as much yelling my sore throat permitted me. I had to quiet literally drag my sorry ass to the door.
'Hi!' Nila greeted me as
I opened the door. 'what took you so long?' she said, brushing me aside and walking inside the house. 'Here' she handed me a large tiffin box. 'Mummy made gulab jamoons last night. She remembered how much you like them...'
'Oh! You shouldn't have'
I said, accepting the box of jamoons.
'What happened to your voice?' she asked
'Just a little sore throat' I said
'You don't look so good...' she put her hand over my forehead, taking my temperature. 'Looks like you've got fever too' a look of concern came over her face.
'I'll be fine. I just need to rest' I said, reassuring her.
'Did you have your breakfast yet?' she asked.
'Ya.'
I said. 'Do you mind making me a cup of coffee? If it's not too much trouble...'
'Sure!' she replied in delight. 'Why don't you go rest. I'll bring the coffee to you'
I went to the drawing room and lied on the sofa. In a few minutes a thick aroma of coffee was floating in the air.
'Rajesh!' Nila called me, gently touching my forehead. 'Wake up. I've made coffee.'
I opened my eyes, and found her bending over me.
I got up rubbing my eyes. She handed me the cup of coffee, and helped herself to one as well.

She sat down next to me, slowly sipping her coffee.
'How's the coffee?' she asked me after a couple of minutes of silence.
'It's nice.'
I replied, looking up at her. She was playing around with her drink, looking away from me in shyness. She knew  was looking at her, and she began smiling to herself.
She brushed the hair falling on her face over her ears with her slender fingers. It made her look so beautiful, a small smile crept over my face just looking at her.
'What are you smiling at?' she asked me, making eye contact for a split second before returning her gaze into the coffee mug.
'I love the way you do that...'
'Do what?' she asked, drinking her coffee, and brushing her hair over her ears again.
'That!'
I exclaimed. 'The way you move your hair over your ears... It makes me wanna kiss you right away'
She just giggled, and got back to her drink. I leaned into her, and abruptly kissed her on her cheek.
She threw me a surprised look.
'I told you it made me want to kiss you' I said and gulped down the rest of my coffee.
She held her hand out for the empty coffee cup. I placed my empty cup in her hands, and kissed her again.
'You've got to stop doing that!' she said, smiling at me.
After we finished our coffee, she gave me a paracetamol and sent me back to bed. The tablet was starting to work it's way into my system, and the thought of Nila taking care of me was reassuring, so I fell into a deep sleep the moment my head touched the pillow.
I woke up 4 hours later, feeling thirsty. I drowsyly walked into the kitchen, to get me some water. A nice aroma was wafting through the air, and getting stronger as I walked towards the kitchen. Inside the kitchen, I found Nila cooking my lunch.
'Hey sleepy head!' she greeted me as I entered the kitchen. 'How are you feeling now?' she asked, and walked up to me without waiting for an answer. She checked for a temperature by feeling my forehead.
'Feeling better now. Thanks' I said still dazed. 'What are you still doing here?' I asked, slowly coming back to my senses.
'Making you lunch' she said getting busy at the stove. 'Just ten more minutes'
'Didn't my mom make any?' I asked her.
'Oh. There's note on the fridge for you. And while you're at it, will you go freshen up? Lunch is almost ready'
I was also feeling hungry, so I went into the bathroom to wash my face.
My mom had stuck a note on the fridge apologising for not being able to fix my lunch, and asking me to eat out.

[+] 3 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1 - by ddey333 - 22-10-2022, 04:10 PM