Romance Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1
I was happy to be back here. Back with old friends, friends I hadn't seen since I was 9. The conversation soon turned from the mundane 'how are you' and 'how's school' to more guy stuff about girls, and bikes and stuff. All the three guys had girlfriends and bikes. I had neither. Well I had a bike, but it was technically my dad's so that doesn't count. After about half an hour, we saw Nila walking towards us, chatting with a friend by her side.
'She's beautiful isn't she?' Danny whispered into my ears.
I looked at Nila. She was indeed beautiful. 'Yeah' I said with a weak smile.
'That's my girl.' Danny whispered back 'I haven't told this to anyone. Keep it a secret ok?'
I looked at Danny. He really did seem to like her a lot. All I had to do now, was suppress my feelings for Nila and feel happy for them both.

'Hey! What'd you do to your face?' JJ asked Nila, laughing his head off.
'It's make up' she brushed him off. 'Listen, Danny i need you to take me home.' Nila asked him. Her friend was standing next to her looking at me.
'Sherin, this is Rajesh. My best friend since kindergaren. Rajesh, this is Sherin my.... friend since high school' he introduced us both, we just nodded. Sherin was a beautiful girl, but all my interest was on Nila.
'Hey Danny! I asked you something!' Nila got wild.
'What? I'm not your driver...' he replied in a jovial fashion.
'I'll go see if your mother want's anything' Sherin said to Nila and left us.
'Oh, come on! There's no car around here...'
'Can you ride a bike?' Danny asked me.
'Me? Yeah. I can manage.' I replied.
'Good. Here's the keys to my bike. She knows the address.' then he turned to Nila and smiled at her. 'there problem solved'

It was a beautiful summer's evening. The sun was clocking out for the day. A cool breeze was blowing into my face, ruffling my hair. There was the open road ahead of me... The evening was almost perfect. The only thing that pained me was the fact that I didn't have a chance with Nila.
'Hey! Watch out!' Nila yelled into my ears, gripping onto my shoulders in fear.
I slowed down immediately, and pulled over by the side of the road, narrowly missing getting hit by a truck.
'You sure you can ride a bike?' she asked me.
'Sorry' I apologized 'It won't happen again' I said and drove on.
Throughout the journey, she seemed distant from me. Except for that one time where she gripped me in fear, there was no other physical contact between us.
It was almost dark by the time we got home. Nila hurriedly went inside, I parked the bike and followed her.

Her house was just as I remembered it. It was a two storey building painted light blue. We first entered into the large drawing room. The shelves was filled with numerous awards and stuff.

'I think there's some juice in the fridge' she said rushing into the house. 'There's glasses in the kitchen. Help yourself... I need to go change...' she said and rushed into a nearby room and slamming the door shut.
I was a bit thirsty, so I poured myself a glass of Maaza from the fridge and settled down on the couch enjoying my drink.
'I thought your room was in the top floor I said out loud, trying to make conversation with her.
'This isn't my room. It's my parents' room' came the muffled reply from inside.
'So...your sister's is a love marriage huh?'
'Sort of' she replied. 'They fell in love after their engagement'
'oh' I took another sip of my drink. 'So... You and Danny er...' I hesitated.
'What about us?' she said.
'Well...aren't you guys er...together?' I blurted out.
'What do you mean together?' she sounded serious.
'It's ok. Danny told me.' I replied, still nervous. 'You guys like each other right?'
'No! Whatever gave you that impression?' she sounded angry.
'Well he called you darling. And you hugged him!'
'Honey, he calls everyone Darling!' she said. 'Besides, I hugged you also right?' she replied laughing.
'But he told me specifically that you are his girl' I replied angrily.
'What? When?' she said in disbelief.
'Just before we left, when you came up to us to ask for a ride home' I got up and walked near the closed door.
'Wait... Sherin was with me right?'
'Yeah. But why does that matter?' I was talking to the door.
'Danny was talking about her' she started laughing. 'Everybody knows about it, only they don't know that we know about them'
I was relieved. 'So you and Danny are not...'
'Definately not! He's more like a brother to me...'
Holy! So Nila wasn't Danny's girlfriend. So she was single... Wait, unless she had another boyfriend.
[+] 4 users Like ddey333's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweethearts... a love story --- p1lover1 - by ddey333 - 22-10-2022, 03:29 PM