Adultery Cheating and Rivals by xleglover-COMPLETED
"Oh okay," Jen said, barely hearing Mike. She was nervous. She'd decided to confess her affair to him. She had to, he deserved at least that. But what if he broke up with her? Jen loved him so much, she desperately needed him, she didn't know what she'd do if he dumped her.

But he wouldn't kick her out half dressed, right? So she had all night to make up with him, to apologize, to beg his forgiveness and another chance, to convince him not to break up. She planned to use all her charms to keep Mike from breaking up with her. That's why she was wearing a little lipstick and spritzed on some perfume behind her ears and between her breasts, even though they were going to bed. That's why she brushed her hair until it was a silky luster. That's why she was wearing the tights, and a lily white lacy bra underneath his frat shirt.

"Um, honey," Jen began, sitting cross-legged in bed and holding his hand. "I need to tell you something."

"About what?" Mike asked, his heart suddenly in his throat.

"Um ... something that happened while you were away," Jen said. She was clutching his hand now. She looked down, ashamed. "Something I did. It's kinda bad. I mean not kinda. It was bad." Tears welled up in her eyes. "I feel so terrible about it." She paused, gathering her courage. Then she began the story. "It started at Tony's pool party -."

"Wait Jen," Mike said cutting her off. He didn't want to hear this. Thinking fast, he sputtered out "Did you see the movie Family Man? The one with Nicolas Cage?"

"What?" Jen said, confused by his abrupt change of subject.

"You know, ah, what's her name? Tea Leoni, she was in it too. Did you see it?"

"Um, I don't think so," Jen said hesitantly.

"It was this time travel, alternative universe movie."

"Okay," Jen prompted, not knowing where Mike was going with this.

"Nicolas Cage got to see 2 lives," Mike explained. "In one life, he and Tea dated in college, but they went different directions after graduation. He got rich, owned a penthouse in New York City, lived like a playboy. Like a young Donald Trump. In the other life, they stayed together. They got married and had kids. He wasn't rich, he sold used cars. But he was happy. There was this critical moment where Nicolas had to pick which life he wanted. So he picked the ordinary life with Tea and their kids."

"Sounds like a cute movie," Jen said, still not understanding.

"I'm just saying, if that happened to me," Mike said, looking into Jen's eyes, "I'd always pick you. Always."

Jen stared at Mike, stunned.

"I don't care what happened," Mike said still looking into her eyes. "All I care about is you're here with me."

Suddenly Jen was crying. Mike pulled her into his arms. "It's okay baby," he said soothingly, gently kissing her face. "I don't care what happened. You're mine, that's all that matters."

"I'm so sorry Mike," Jen said, sobbing.

"You're mine, right?" Mike asked, hugging her.

"Yes I'm yours," Jen said hugging him tight. "I'll always be yours," she promised.

They made love, and fell asleep holding each other. Jen didn't take the Hershey internship, instead spending the summer with Mike in State College again.

Jen never saw Wes again, or talked to Mike about what she did while he was away.

That is, until years later.

Author's note: This flashback - the "Wesley flashback" - was inspired by "Between Jennifer and Marc." The author is Righteous (actually, the author is Jennifer herself). It's the journal of a wife who loses her way for a time, and has a passionate affair with another man. As the relationship with her lover intensifies, she begins questioning her marriage and the relationship she has with her husband. You can find it on the internet.

Reading the story, it made me wonder how close people are from straying from their marital vows. Time apart from your spouse, meeting someone you're attracted to, someone who aggressively pursues you. Is that all it takes to be unfaithful?

The next chapter of Cheating and Rivals continues Book 1: Cheating. But we fast forward to the present, just after the end of Life After We.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cheating and Rivals by xleglover - by Ramesh_Rocky - 25-12-2018, 03:47 PM