Adultery Life After We by xleglover-COMPLETED
Life After We Pt. 07

Author's note: There will be 10 chapters in this story.

On Friday night they met at an Italian restaurant Mike's mom and dad liked. Jen arrived from work and Mike brought Anna from the loft apartment.

There were hugs and kisses, especially over Anna. Mom couldn't get enough of the bubbly, beautiful baby. To his chagrin, Anna went ballistic when Dad tried to hold her. The baby was still going through stranger anxiety and Mike was the only man she let hold her.

It was awkward, the five of them having dinner together, since Mike and Jen were no longer together. In some ways having Anna there made it less awkward. In other ways the baby's presence made it more awkward, because by that time Mom and Dad had looked at the calendar and counted months.

After dinner they took a walk in the crisp New York city air, Jen and Mom walking in front and Mike and Dad walking about 10 feet behind. Mom held Anna as they walked, enjoying being the doting grandmother.

"You and Mike are living in the loft apartment?" Mom asked Jen.

"Yes, until we sell it," Jen said nervously. She dreaded talking to Mom by herself. Her relationship with Mike's mom didn't start well. They met with Mike in the hospital after he defended her at the Crypts against Colin and others. But over the years they grew close. Still, she was Mike's mom and Jen was now Mike's ex-wife. There was no doubt whose side mom was on.

After a pause, Mom said "Do you think that's a good idea?"

"It saves us money," Jen said, knowing how inadequate her answer was. Wanting to change the subject, she asked "What do you think of Jasmine?"

But Mom wasn't going to be distracted. She said somewhat incredulously "It saves you money?"

Jen shrugged. She admitted "I guess we're trying to get closure."

Mom was silent, thinking about Jen's answer. She finally said "I've never understood what that means, closure."

Jen didn't know either. Struggling to find an explanation, she said "Peace I guess. We're trying to find peace."

Mom nodded. She still didn't fully understand, but she sensed Jen didn't understand either. She decided to let it go. Returning to Jen's question, she said "Jasmine's a very ambitious girl."

Jen laughed. She often laughed when she was nervous, like now. She said "Is that bad? I guess I'm ambitious too."

"No, you're not at all like Jasmine," Mom said. She didn't sound fond of Jasmine. As if sensing that, she quickly added "She's a sweet girl." But Mom said it unconvincingly.

They walked in silence for long moments. Mom hugged and kissed Anna as they walked. She looked bothered, like she was struggling with herself. Finally she asked the question she desperately needed to know. "Jen, is Mike Anna's father?"

Jen was ready for the question. She knew people suspected, anyone could look at a calendar and count months. The answer was really important to Mom and Dad, Jen understood that. They'd lost one son. Their other son seemed wounded. They needed to know whether Anna was their grandchild.

"Of course he is," Jen said immediately.

They met the next morning in Central Park. Joe had loved visiting New York City and often took long walks through Central Park. In his will he asked that some of his ashes be spread along the foot path he often walked.

It was a somber, private ceremony. Joe had died over a year ago, but with everything that had happened to Mike, and then his abrupt move to California, it was only now that it felt right to carry out Joe's last wishes.

After the ceremony, Mike spent the rest of the day with his mom and dad. Mom didn't want to let Anna go, so Jen agreed to let them keep her for the day. Mike promised to be back with Anna at the loft apartment before dinner time.

Jen had a lot of time to think and reflect. She hadn't been able to think a lot about Joe since he died. There had just been so much. Mike's release, their terrible breakup, giving birth and being a single mom. She hadn't been able to do anything other than survive.

But now, spreading his ashes, thinking about Joe ... Tears fell down her cheeks and soon she was sobbing. She missed him. He died so young, it was such a waste.

All the doubt and guilt hit her, the feelings she'd suppressed. Had she been wrong to comfort Joe? At the time, she'd rationalized it as part of the game. Mike encouraged her to see other men while he was in London. And he told her to take care of Joe. Would he be upset if he knew the truth? After all, he got turned on when she was with Jamie and his brother Larry in Cancun. Wouldn't Mike react the same way if she told him about Joe?

But did it matter anymore? They weren't together. Why risk their relationship (whatever was left of it) by telling Mike something that was no longer important?

Part of Jen felt though, if they were going to have a relationship moving forward, she needed to tell Mike. She needed to be honest with him. Also, didn't Mike have a right to know that there was some chance his brother was Anna's biological father? That Joe might have left behind some legacy of his life?

As he promised, Mike returned with Anna before her dinner time. Jen fed Anna and then the baby fell asleep, tired from the long day.

Mike was already sipping a scotch, looking weary. "Tough day, huh?" Jen said pouring herself a glass of wine.

"Yeah," Mike said. His eyes looked red, like he'd been crying. Maybe he (like Jen) hadn't had a chance to mourn Joe until today either. He gave Jen a sad smile and said "Here's to Joe."

Jen smiled back, her smile sad too. "To Joe," she said. They softly clinked glasses.

"We got coffee with Willow, Joe's therapist," Mike said. "She said you did a great job with Joe, a big comfort to him. Thanks for doing that."

"Oh, ah, of course," Jen said awkwardly.

"Willow said you helped with Joe's massage therapy?" Mike asked.

"Um ... yeah," Jen said. She laughed to make it sound like a joke. "You know I took that class at Penn State, and worked at the St. Regis spa."

"Yeah, I remember," Mike said nodding. He gave Jen a long look, as if thinking. Then he said "Well, thanks again for taking care of him."

"Of course Mike," Jen said. Wanting to change the subject, she asked "Are you hanging with your parents tomorrow?"

"No, they're going home tomorrow morning," Mike said. He shrugged and said "They didn't want to risk having to see Jasmine. It didn't matter, Jas is in London until next week."

"They don't like Jasmine?" Jen asked.

"They like her," Mike said. "Jas can be intense sometimes."

"Oh," Jen said. After a moment she hesitantly said "So since Jasmine and Clint aren't here, you feel like brunch tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure," Mike said, a smile coming to his face.

"Where do you feel like going?" Mike asked the next day.

Jen hesitated, then said impulsively, "How about the bistro?" It was their favorite restaurant close by the loft apartment, they'd eaten there dozens of times. Neither had been there since their split.

It was too cold to eat outside. Inside the hostess sat them next to the warm, cozy fireplace.

They ordered breakfast and took their time eating. They read the paper, talked and laughed, taking turns holding and feeding Anna. Often they were silent, comfortable in the other's company. Other times they were playing with Anna or laughing and joking around. It was almost like they were back together again. If a stranger saw them, he'd think they were a young, happy family.

"Oh my god it's late," Jen said looking at her watch. It was almost 4. They'd been there for hours.

"Maybe we should stay for dinner," Mike joked.

"Breakfast for dinner," Jen joked back.

"Or maybe just stay until breakfast tomorrow," Mike said lightheartedly.

They laughed, and Anna laughed too, waving her arms and legs delightedly. Mike and Jen smiled at Anna, and then smiled at each other.

"I'm glad we did this," Mike said smiling into Jen's eyes.

"Me too," Jen said smiling back. She suggested "We could get a bottle of wine and go back to the apartment -."

At that moment Jen's iPhone rang. "It's Clint," she said looking at the screen. She got up and moved away from the table to talk to her boyfriend.

"He just flew in from Atlanta," Jen said when she returned.

"That's a nice surprise," Mike said forcing a smile on his face.

"Yeah," Jen said, her face showing no emotion.

"I can babysit," Mike offered. "I'll move her crib into the den with me, so if she wakes up ..."

"That's nice, thanks," Jen said. "I better get back, to get ready."

At the loft apartment, Mike played with Anna while Jen changed. When Jen emerged from her bedroom she'd changed out of the causal blouse and skinny jeans from earlier. Now she wore a little black dress, stockings and high heels. Her hair and makeup were perfect.

"Thanks for babysitting tonight," she said.

"Sure," Mike said looking Jen up and down. He smiled at her. "You look incredible, as usual."

Jen smiled back at him. She turned and held up her long blonde hair. "Can you zip me up?"

With the zipper open, Mike could see a lot of Jen's sexy back. He could also tell she wasn't wearing a bra. He fingered where her bra strap would normally be. He asked "You don't wear bras anymore?"

"Not with Clint, he asked me not to," Jen said.

"You always go braless with him?" Mike asked.

"He likes it that way," she said.

Mike continued to stroke and caress her back.

"Mike?" Jen said.

"Yeah?"

"Can you zip me up?"

Mike swallowed. Then he zipped up Jen's dress and fastened the clasp at the top.

She turned around to face him. "Thanks," she said.

Mike's eyes were on her chest. The black dress was opaque but her hard nipples dented the silky fabric. "Hey you," Jen said softly. She smiled at him. "I'm up here."

"Sorry," Mike said his cheeks red from embarrassment.

"That's okay," Jen said. They looked into each other's eyes, not moving. There was a knock at the door. "That's Clint," she said.

"Yeah," Mike said. Still neither moved.

Finally Jen turned to the door. But she paused before opening it, as if remembering something. She moved Clint's ring from her right hand to her left hand. "He likes me to wear it this way," Jen whispered.

"I don't blame him," Mike said, looking at Clint's ring on her wedding ring finger. They shared another moment looking into the other's eyes. Then Jen turned and opened the door.

Later at dinner Clint said incredulously "Mike's living with you?"

"No, he's not living with me," Jen said reassuringly. "Sometimes he babysits late so he sleeps over in the den bedroom. That's all. It's only fair."

"Jen, what's going on?" Clint said skeptically. "I agreed to the babysitting so you can get closure, but living together wasn't part of the plan."

"What can I do Clint?" Jen said playing innocent. "He owns half the apartment."

"This is so fucked up," Clint scoffed shaking his head. "Have you put the apartment up for sale?"

When Jen didn't answer, Clint said "Jen, have you even filed for divorce?" His question was full of both exasperation and accusation.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
[+] 1 user Likes Ramesh_Rocky's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life After We by xleglover - by Ramesh_Rocky - 24-12-2018, 03:21 PM
RE: Life After We by xleglover - by Ramesh_Rocky - 24-12-2018, 03:22 PM
RE: Life After We by xleglover - by Ramesh_Rocky - 24-12-2018, 03:23 PM
RE: Life After We by xleglover - by Ramesh_Rocky - 24-12-2018, 03:24 PM