Fantasy So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter
Contessa Helena de San Finzione and Mander were low-crawling through the central room of the suite, moving from furniture cover to furniture cover as they tried to reach the stairs up to the Master Bedroom/Panic Room.

As she crawled from the couches over to the bar, she thought she saw someone standing behind the bar. She had no way to turn back, and was reasonably sure the mercenaries hadn't breached the room yet, so it was likely an Ultimado.

When she made her way behind the bar, Suzy-Q was standing there, dressed as Jules Winfield in the final scene of Pulp Fiction. She looked down at Helen.

"Pack of Red Apples?" She asked.

Helen was dumbfounded for a moment, then finally spoke in a whisper.

"I know I'm not unconscious." A smile crossed her face. "Have you figured it out?" She asked a bit more excitedly. That got a shushing from Mander.

"Just cause they can't hear doesn't mean we shouldn't stay quiet, Your Countessness." He whispered.

"I know." Helen whispered. "Suzy-Q's here, though."

A look like he might be thinking Helen was insane crossed Mander's face, before he remembered that this was a thing that they'd all sat around discussing last night.

"She's here?" He asked. "I don't see her. Then, I guess I wouldn't if she's in your head."

"He raises a good point." Suzy-Q replied. "Since I AM in your head, maybe you can just, like, 'think at me,' so we don't have to do that old 'you're the only one who can see or hear me' thing where you're talking to an invisible person."

Helen nodded. And then she thought.

"Like this?" She tried to point the thought in Suzy-Q's direction as best she could.

"Yeah, perfect!" Suzy-Q said. "Ok, now for why I'm here. Susan's figured out something important. She knows where Whyte is, and she knows how he's going to strike."

"He's jamming the phones, so that means they'll be here any second." Helen thought back. "If you're going to tell me, make it quick."

Suzy-Q knelt down onto the floor, to be level with Helen's face.

"I think I know a quick way. This worked with Susan."

She took hold of Helen's face. Helen felt her touch, even though she wasn't really there. Then she felt Suzy-Q's lips press against her own, and her tongue gently request permission to join her own. Helen parted her lips and allowed it inside, her tongue snaking out to meet Suzy-Q's.

In a flash, in an instant, Helen's mind flooded with images and feelings. Images of the fire doors blowing off their hinges and being destroyed, of the sight of them still on the ground the next day, and of some nagging thing in the back of her head bothering her about it. Going to see Ortega, asking to watch the tape. Looking at it and asking the same question about the goons in the stairwells. And then suddenly, the answers that came into Susan's mind entering her own. The whole point of the Triad hit had been to blow those doors off, so the Ultimados would devote more attention to those obvious points of access. That would mean pulling them away from some other area, deemed less important. Helen figured out where that was as the information on where Whyte was hiding entered her mind and made perfect sense.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 22-04-2019, 03:05 PM