Fantasy So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter
I was coming out of a diner bathroom, a copy of Modesty Blaise under my arm. I heard other Mes out in the restaurant proper, shouting. I remembered that I had a .45 under my belt and drew it, pointing it at Suzy-Ho, who was standing on top of a table waving a gun of her own around. Seated at one of the tables, Suzy-Q wore a jheri-curl and had a gun pointed at Sue. A briefcase was sitting on the table, and Sue was holding a sack of some kind. I put the gun away and dropped the book.

"Sorry, Suzy Crew." I told them, sitting at the table. "A Pulp Fiction bit sounds fun and all, but I don't have time for it. I have to congratulate you though, Sue, on finally not being a waitress in one of these. Suzy-Ho, get down off there!"

Suzy-Ho pouted.

"Well, what's the point if I don't get to be The Gimp, anyway?"

I sat down next to Suzy-Q.

"Ok," I told her. "You know everything going on out there, so you know we need to warn Helen, and the only way to do that now is you, Suzy-Q. Anything you've figured out at all about how to get through to her, we need it now."

I took hold of her by the shoulders and looked her in the eye.

"We're all about helping people. Helen needs our help now. I need to help her. Which means you need to help her, too. Maybe she's right about this 'I can do anything if I'm helping someone' thing. If she is, it means that you can too. It's time to test that, hon."

Despite being in the role of Jules in this one, a look of unease crossed Suzy-Q's face.

"She's been unconscious both times before. I still don't know how."

"Yeah," I told her. "But you've got an idea. And like you said, you guys are from my Subconscious; and the Subconscious is a place of ideas. So maybe the idea is all you need."

Her look changed to one of concentration. It reminded me of last night, when I was told I was speaking Italian and I concentrated on speaking English again. This was more intense, like she had known long ago how to speak English and was trying to remember it. I gave her an encouraging hug and took hold of her arms again.

"Helen needed help both times, I needed to help her both times, and you were somehow able to go to her. The only thing that's different now is that she's hopefully still awake. If everything else we know about how it works is right, then it shouldn't matter if she's awake or not. This is how we can help. If I DO have some kind of deep connection with Helen, if helping others is our special talent we get along with this, then you can do it, Suzy-Q. Because we all need you to. And it would help."

She nodded, understanding.

"I'll try. There's something I need first, though."

"What's that?" Sue asked.

Suzy-Q picked up her gun, pointed it at Sue again, and gave her a huge grin.

"I need my wallet. It's the one that says 'Bad Motherfucker.'"

"Suzy-Q," Sue said, trying to do Tim Roth's accent. "Susan says we don't have time to do the bit."

"I know. We're not doing the whole bit. But how much shit have you given me over the years, Sue? When I was still Chad's slave? How many times was my name 'Story of O,' or 'Robert Palmer's Fetish Maid?' How much 'tough talk' have all of us had to listen to? Well, now we're in a scene where, for the sake of the bit, I am REQUIRED to point a gun at you. And that Confidence we get from it? It's making me really fucking enjoy this. It's like when Susan was on the bridge of the Enterprise and just needed a moment to take it all in. I don't know if anything would even happen if I pull this trigger, because Jules never does it in this scene. I am seriously becoming aroused at the notion that it might be an option at this moment, though. Suzy-Ho, if I'm able to do this, I'm going to have a job for you when I get back."

Suzy-Ho did one of those gleeful jumps where she bends her knees in mid-air and lands safely.

"So right now," Suzy-Q continued. "While Chad's Whipping Girl finally has one of these where she gets to point a fucking gun at your fucking face, Sue, I don't care that it's also my own and Susan and Suzy-Ho's; I want you to reach into the bag, pull out my wallet, and hand it to me. Again, it's the Bad Motherfucker one."

The smirk that Sue gave back seemed to have a couple of messages behind it. "You fucking bitch" was the first one, of course. There was also "Hey, I'm kind of curious to see what happens too. Go for it!" But the biggest was "It's about fucking time you stood up to me and did something like this." Sue reached into the bag, pulled out Suzy-Q's Bad Motherfucker, and handed it to her.

"And I'm not fucking giving you my money in this version, either." Suzy-Q said, putting the gun away. She turned to me and kissed me. "Ok, there's something specific to this scene that I actually think might help with this."

Suzy-Q grabbed the MacGuffin Briefcase and turned it to face herself. She turned the dials to 666. She opened the briefcase and looked at the glowing thing inside.

And then she was gone.

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 22-04-2019, 03:05 PM