Romance Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty
"Oz, hey wake up man. There's movement happening." Nick saw a black van pull up outside the barn where the two had been staked out all night. The old man was asleep in the backseat, and jolted upright at the mention.

"Shit. You got your ears on?" He was instantly in action, just like he always had been. Oz was the best agent Nick knew, which is why he had been sitting and considering his earlier comments before the van pulled up. Truth be told, Nick hadn't thought about his future with the Agency. Vince had always reminded him not to, saying it was a recipe for disaster. After all, most agents didn't make it that long before burning out or worse. But, Nick knew Oz well enough to know that his words earlier meant something. He just didn't know what yet.

"Yea, just started listening. They're talking about how Dillon hasn't checked in. Hang on; sounds like the guy that arrived killed him. It seems he feeds on flesh and took the strip Dillon is missing."

"Nasty. What else? Anything about the girl?" Nick motioned for him to wait a moment as he listened to the rest of the conversation through the headphones while he held up the long range device.

"They're going to pick up the package at the...shit...at the bar when they meet up with Dillon's connection. It seems like they're hooking up there before going to the ritual location."

"Jesus. I'll text Vince and Dani, hope they're not otherwise engaged. I'll tell them to unlock the bar. Maybe we can get them all contained in there and end this thing."

"Oz, hang on. The package is already at the ritual. Goddamnit."

"Wait, what?"

"She's prepped and ready to take the master's soul." Nick's face dropped. Now, they knew that these guys were talking about Lily. They were planning a transference spell, which thankfully required live hosts. Unfortunately, it also meant that little girl was probably strapped down somewhere with a bunch of freaks around her. His skin practically crawled as they ducked down when the barn emptied out. Soon all four cars parked outside were on the road.

"Look, we planted the tracker and I warned Vince and Dani to unlock the door and stay alert. You and I are going in there to make sure the barn is empty. This time we aren't leaving anyone behind to haunt us." Oz spoke gruffly and the two men pulled their guns out exiting the car and heading for the old structure in the dim predawn light.

"So, her first word was dada?" Vince had another shot in front of him as they sat catching on up on the missed time between the two of them. They were only lit by one lamp over the bar and it made it almost magical to talk to Dani. He wished the night would never end. Unfortunately, he knew it would which is why he had paced himself with the drinks and by doing so forced Dani to follow his lead.

"Of course it was, like fate's little way of telling me to go to hell. I was pissed too. But, then how can you be pissed at this face?" She pulled out her phone and started scrolling through the photographs she had of Lily.

"My God, she's beautiful Dani. I mean she has my hair, but her face is just like yours."

"Except for that damn smirk. That smirk is all yours and I have a feeling it's going to get her in trouble one day. I'm not looking forward to her teenage years."

"Well, I mean I won't let anyone touch my little girl..." He paused at the end of his words; they had come out a little too easily.

"Listen, Vince...I know this was all sudden, and trust me I never meant to put you in this position, but what happens when we get her back?"

"I don't know. I mean now that I know I have a daughter; I want to know her."

"I understand that, but at the same time I can't have her in danger. I would rather you hate me and run away to keep her from being hurt ever again. Look at me now though, whatever it is still found me. I thought I would be safe if I left and just changed everything. But, I'm not and neither is she."

"It's not your fault that some asshole took her. And, well you know I'll protect her just like I would you."

"I know, but I just can't take any risks like that. Maybe the best thing is for you to just be a friend of mine in her eyes and you can see her once in a while, but not often Vince."

"Wait a second, you kept her from me all this time and now you expect me to just disappear and leave my own kid. I don't want to leave her or you frankly."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Division - Dani by bdbeauty - by Ramesh_Rocky - 18-04-2019, 11:34 AM