Fantasy So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter
"So," Troy thought. "He knows which side his bread's buttered on, at least. That's good. Which one of them is the bad influence on the other?"

"That would be hard to say." Ramirez replied, thinking on the expression Troy had just used. He wasn't familiar with it and would have to remember it. "With you and Señora Equals and Señorita Bailey, she has a family. With Mander, she has an accomplice."

"Well, they're all in the city now. I'm here alone. There's, ah, something going on with the phones there today, so I haven't got all the details. She's trying to take control of a news story, I think."

Ramirez was silent for several seconds.

"I have some speeches to practice in the mirror, then. Thank you, Señor Equals."

"And how are you doing, Generalissimo?"

Ramirez put out his cigarette.

"There was a political cartoon today. La Contessa is being stabbed, and I am recoiling with frost on my fingers, because the gun on my belt is frozen in a block of ice."

"That is completely undeserved, sir. I hope you understand that there are people in the world who know the truth."

"Si. The news is starting to do 'Has the Media Gone Too Far' stories. La Contessa says that means that they're getting tired of reporting it, and want to seem better than their competition by moving on to something new before the others. It will be over soon."

"I hope you and Maria and the whole country are ok."

They ended the call. Troy went back to speaking with Carlito about what they had, and what could be done with the scattered money trails, when another Skype call came in to Troy's computer. He answered it, and a face he didn't recognize was on the other end.

"Bonjour, Monsieur Equals." Said the man on the screen.

"No Français." Troy replied. "Damn, my wife's not here. Maybe Maisson's still across the street..."

"Ah, it is all right. I know English." Said the man on the other end. "I am Detective Inspector Luc Allaine with Interpol. A friend gave me your number. I understand you are American. Eh, please do not sue me."

Troy smiled at that.

"Yeah, I'm on the west coast. We like a little 'hi, how're you doing' before getting on to the suing everybody."

"That is good." Luc replied, seeming to not know whether or not Troy was joking back. "Now, my friend tells me that you are having some difficulties obtaining international banking records?"

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 18-04-2019, 11:27 AM