Adultery The Unwanted Houseguest -by Indiansubmale (CHAPTER 1-26)
As we had lunch, Kavita asked me out of the blue,
"Do you notice any change in me, Manu?"
What was I to say?
That she had been cheating on me regularly? That she didn't get the tattoo again? HAD she gotten it again, and had I missed it?
I stared as she looked down and said,
"I've lost 1/2 kg since I started working out; I was wondering if you could tell..."
I did think that she looked more energetic since then. But she was using that energy, in bed with Amir. It wasn't like I was seeing or going to see any positive involving ME, as a result of her workout routine.
Still, I couldn't stay silent after the earlier fiasco with my avoiding her phone calls. I muttered with what I hoped was a grin,
"Yeah Kavi, maybe I can lift you now..."
She stared at me for a few seconds, before replying,
"No you can't, not now. Doctor's orders."
And we both started laughing.
The tension that had been built up had kind of dissipated. I was more relaxed as we got home.
I got home, and took off my footwear, using both hands, after a while. It was a relief to have my left hand back in operation, even if I couldn't stress it too much.
I went to the bedroom to change out of my work clothes, and Kavita came with me to our bedroom. I hadn't really observed her dressing until then: she was dressed in a modest, yet gorgeous looking saree. Looking at her dressed like this, it was hard for me to imagine she had been cheating on me, every day this week. But it was true.
Once we got into the bedroom, Kavita said,
"So, Manu, are you going to resume wearing the pyjamas Prem got for you?"
I could feel the grin I had been wearing fading.
I asked her, with a sinking feeling,
"Is it necessary, Kavi?"
She looked at me, and her expression grew grim.
She then scoffed as she spoke,
"Oh, NOTHING's necessary, Manu. I asked you to be proactive and avoid confrontation. But it's NOT necessary for you to listen to my advice."
I tried to verbalize an objection, but before I could, she continued,
"Do what you want, Manu. Keep fighting with Prem. Don't blame me when something bad happens like it happened to Vipul. Don't tell me I didn't warn you."
My anger bubbled over,
"Kavi, why do I have to live in fear in MY own house?"
Her face grew red as she retorted,
"It's OUR house, and I invited Prem. And this isn't about fear, it's about avoiding fighting. I don't go about fighting when you invited your parents, did I?"
It was a low blow.
There was no equivalence between me inviting my parents and her inviting her...boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend, or whoever he was, to her.
Still, the low blow did what it was intended to do: it sapped my morale.
I lost my will to argue any further.
I sighed deeply and said,
"Tell me what you want me to do, Kavi."
She retorted,
"You're an adult, Manu. I don't need to tell you what to do."
After a pause, she continued,
"I'm advising you in YOUR interest, Manu. I'd rather not see what happened to Vipul happen to you. And it could get worse, if you really want to get into physical fights with someone you KNOW is..."
I was irritated. I completed her sentence for her,
"YEAH, YEAH, YEAH...I know Kavi, he's much, much stronger than me. You've told me that many times. I know."
She sniggered,
"What's the use of knowing if you're going to keep fighting like a schoolkid..."
I sighed. All the momentum of the afternoon had dissipated, just like that.
I hung my head down.
Kavita presently changed into a full body length nightie, and lay down on the bed to rest.
I changed into my shorts and a t-shirt, and lay down beside her.
I put my arm around her, but she pushed it away.
I sighed, and turned and lay on my side.
I was feeling mentally tired from the argument. And I thought I could use some rest, and soon I was asleep.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Unwanted Houseguest -by Indiansubmale (CHAPTER 1-26) - by Ramesh_Rocky - 15-12-2018, 02:55 PM