Adultery The Unwanted Houseguest -by Indiansubmale (CHAPTER 1-26)
I maintained a cold silence towards Kavita through the morning. I didn't want to discuss this with her in person. I was afraid she would persuade me to not proceed.
She didn't seem to notice my coldness. It was disappointing, but I wasn't totally broken by it. I had gotten used to her indifference to my feelings.
I called her later that day from work, and told her, "Kavi, I am going to get my cast off today, or tomorrow."
She was shocked, "Why, Manu? The doctor said 2-3 weeks."
I said, "My arm feels fine, Kavi. I feel no pain. I don't think it's a fracture."
She tried to persuade me, as I expected, "Come on Manu. Wait till Monday, you'll at least complete 2 weeks as the doctor said."
I stayed firm, and invented creatively, "No, Kavi. I want my arm off the cast. And I want to start going to the gym ASAP."
She spluttered, "Have you gone crazy, Manu? The doctor said NO stress for 3 weeks even after the cast is removed. You CAN'T start straining your arm so soon!"
I took a deep breath.
Not only was it true, it shook up my foundations a little.
By then, I was feeling bitter about her role in today morning's beating.
She had let Amir come back home to beat me up. She must have given him her key.
She knew then, what he was doing, and why. And she didn't stop him.
But her response now indicated she cared for my well-being.
I could understand her behavior, attitude no more than the day she 'defied' me to wear those obscenely tight pants.
Still, what she said did make some sense. I relented partially, "All right, I'll wait on joining a gym, but I am getting the cast off today, or tomorrow."
She tried one more time, "Manu, wait a couple more days please? At-least Friday? Just to be safe, in case it WAS a fracture? You know if it WAS a fracture, you'll have your arm in a cast later, and for a longer time too!"
I sighed. I didn't expect to get attacked again in two days. I supposed I could do it Friday.
I said, "All right, Friday then. I'll call the doctor and ask for an appointment."
She continued, "Also ask him to also schedule an X-Ray. Just to be safe, Manu."
I gulped.
I thought to myself, "Goddammit, Kavi, do you care for me?"
"If so, why do you let Amir do all this to me?"
I spoke instead, "OK, I will, Kavi."
"In any case, Manu, why do you want to join a gym now?"
"You know why, Kavi."
"No, Manu. Please tell me why."
"Because I'm tired of being pushed around by your Prem, that's why."
"Manu, you're being silly. Prem has been working out for YEARS. You can start working out now, and if you get into a fight with him, he'll still probably break your bones. He won't be staying with us forever, PLEASE don't start working out with an intention to pick a fight with Prem, OK?"
"Kavi, I won't pick a fight, but if he starts a fight, I want to fight back, I want to be able to fight back, OK?"
"So is your problem, what you had told me earlier? That Prem picks fights with you, sometimes?"
I took a deep breath.
"Yes. He picked a fight with me today morning, Kavi."
"I'll talk to him, Manu. I didn't know he had done this. I'll warn him to not do it again, OK?"
I didn't believe her. I suspected she was lying. She probably knew it. She probably had been conniving with him.
I spoke after a few moments, "OK, Kavi. I still want to join a gym and be prepared better to defend myself."
"Don't be silly, Manu. You'll only be looking for a fight. Do join a gym, but do it after Prem leaves, OK? I don't want more fights. I'll talk to him, and make sure he doesn't start up an unprovoked fight with you, OK?"
I said, "Fine, Kavi."
Deep down, I had already got disenchanted with my idea of joining a gym right away.
For one thing, what she had said was true. When I sat back and thought about it, I was more likely to get injured, if I picked up a fight.
Further, she seemed to be advising me in my interest. If she kept her word, then Amir shouldn't do this again, unprovoked.
I decided to wait and see. I would anyway have to wait a few weeks before trying that plan to join a gym and workout.
We presently talked about how I could had zoned out that much on Saturday, and soon after, we hung up.
I then called the doctor, and I was lucky enough to get an appointment for Friday afternoon. I couldn't have done it sooner, anyway, with the same doctor. The doctor did voice his concerns, but I was firm with my decision.
I then discussed with my manager, and took Friday afternoon off.
At least, I wasn't going to be helpless to fight back, after Friday.
With some positive energy in me, I put my mind to my work.

CHAPTER 20 :- END
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
[+] 1 user Likes Ramesh_Rocky's post
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Unwanted Houseguest -(CHAPTER 1-26) - by Ramesh_Rocky - 14-12-2018, 02:11 PM