Adultery The Unwanted Houseguest -by Indiansubmale (CHAPTER 1-26)
The Unwanted (?) Houseguest Ch. 20 Pt. 2

And presently, I froze, as I heard Kavita's voice behind me, "Manu?"
My face went white as I turned to face her.
She had walked up to two feet behind me, and I faced her as she asked, "What took you so long?"
At the same time, I heard a whisper behind me in Pooja's voice, saying, "It's her!!!"
Kavita presently asked me again, shaking me out of my thoughts, asking me again, "Huh? What took you so long?"
I gaped at her, tongue tied.
Kavita had apparently heard or noticed us talking as she walked up, because she now stepped closer and asked as though referring to Pooja and Aslam, "Who are these people?"
I was mortified with shame. I continued gaping, unable to speak.
Presently Aslam stepped forward and said, "Hi, I'm Aslam, Manu's classmate from college. And this is my wife Pooja, also Manu's classmate."
She smiled and said, "Wow, nice to meet you guys here, what a coincidence! I'm Kavita by the way. I'm Manu's wife."
Kavita now turned to face me again and asked, "You alright, Manu?"
I handed her the Pepsi as I weakly mumbled, "I met them after a long time, and was talking to them, Kavi. That's what took me so long."
As I spoke, I heard Pooja whisper again, apparently to Aslam, "It's DEFINITELY her!"
Kavita either didn't hear the whisper, or pretended to not have heard it. She took the Pepsi bottle from me, and drew a few sips.
She then spoke addressing Pooja and Aslam, smiling at them, "It's nice to have met you guys, where do you live?"
There was some small talk then. I was praying for a way to get out of this situation. I wanted to disappear.
And presently, as though my discomfiture wasn't enough, I heard Amir's voice from my right.
"Kavi? What was the problem?"
I went white faced as I turned to see him.
This time, I heard Aslam's whisper, "It's HIM!"
Kavita told Amir, "Prem, these are college classmates of Manu, we just met them coincidentally!"
Amir presently stepped forward and held his hand out, grinning as he spoke, "Hi, I'm Amir Ali, also known as 'Prem' to my friends."
He had evidently taken in Pooja's burqa, and decided to mention his real name.
Aslam and Pooja introduced themselves.
Amir and Kavita asked, nearly simultaneously, "Love marriage?"
They turned and grinned at each other as their questions 'collided'.
Kavita should have known that from their names. Apparently she had missed Pooja's name when they got introduced a few minutes back.
And Aslam and Pooja grinned as well, as Pooja shyly replied, "Yeah."
Presently, a young girl, evidently Aslam and Pooja's daughter joined us.
They introduced their two kids to Amir and Kavita, and me as well.
I blanked out of the conversation from there on. It seemed to go on and on. I saw Pooja push up the sleeve of her burqa briefly, but I wasn't following the conversation. I was trying hard to evaporate.
Thankfully, after a few minutes, the interval bell of the movie rang, and a crowd of people came out.
FINALLY, we started going our respective ways, but not before Pooja and Kavita had exchanged phone numbers. The women agreed to go out for dinner some day.
Aslam and Pooja decided to get some refreshments for their kids, whereas Kavita wanted to go back in.
On rubbery legs, I started walking back towards the movie hall. The presence of a crowd thankfully prevented Amir from doing anything outrageous.
As we got up the stairs to the hall doors, I turned to look at Aslam and Pooja.
I could make them out having a whispered conversation.
With a feeling of despair, I went in and sat beside Kavita in the hall again.
The rest of the movie passed in a daze. I had no idea what was going on, on the screen. My mind was elsewhere.
Evidently Aslam, one of my classmates I least kept in touch with, had known I had gotten married. I hadn't attended his wedding for reasons I knew, and felt guilty about now, as a more grown man. Still, I hadn't been in touch whereas he must have been more in touch with our college classmates than I was.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Unwanted Houseguest -(CHAPTER 1-26) - by Ramesh_Rocky - 14-12-2018, 02:04 PM