Fantasy So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter
"I'd be offended if that wasn't so accurate." I said. "Suzy-Q no longer fulfils the slave role, though. She's sort of a 'free agent' in here." I turned to Troy. "I remember the morning after the three of us and Claire were together for the first time, our talk in the park. I'd started out trying to compartmentalize my life, like you said. Chad made me depend on it, until the women I retreated into became real. With the hypnosis stuff I've done with you and Julie, and the progress I've made in therapy, we all get along in there now. I've accepted that they're part of me, and they've shown me that they're not out to hurt anyone, and do have my best interests at heart. Well, Sue wants to kick some ass sometimes, but even that's in the course of, like, asserting ourselves."

"Oui." Maisson said. "You say 'asserting ourselves.' They are part of you, and they are separate from you. I would not so much call them 'other personalities,' then. Closer to 'imaginary friends who have taken on lives of their own.' You were an orphan, oui? A Ward of the State. I would think that real friendships were difficult to come by and did not last long?"

"No, they didn't." I agreed. "The ones I'd kept contact with through all the group homes and foster families; Chad eventually drove away. I wasn't allowed to make friends. Any man I tried to be friends with was someone I was 'fucking behind his back,' and any woman was 'poisoning me against him.'"

Maisson nodded.

"With your permission, I should be interested in consulting with your therapist some time. As for my own personal observations; it seems to me that you created your friends to deal with the most difficult aspects of your life. I know that the thing the four of you can do is real, so I am willing to accept that there may be other things that I do not understand. I did not mean to condescend when I used the word 'imaginary.' You are, without a doubt, an imaginative person, Madamoiselle Bailey. You are well-known amongst La Squadra de Ultimados for your assistance with La Policia's investigation and your quick thinking today at the hotel today was being talked about when I left. You are, as is said of you often, 'here to help.' These friends of yours, I think, they are here to help you. Whatever they might be, I do not think it is a bad thing."

Everyone agreed with that. Helen spoke next.

"I'm glad we all agree that Susan's not insane or possessed." She said with a smile, patting my hand. Couldn't help smiling back at that. "Now, where are we on the 'is Susan psychic' question?" Helen frowned for a second. "Sorry if that came out rude. Just that after this, Mander and I need to go try to prevent my country from breaking out into a mob war. And we woke up at four this morning to begin the caravan trip up from Portland." Helen had another thought. "Damn, it just now hit me that we can get Rita on a flight home from Portland. Paul, when we're done, can you tell Gregorio to find out who our best driver is and put her in the fastest car to Portland?"

Troy stood up and looked at her, then to Maisson.

"Maybe, instead of the fastest car, use the safest, most inconspicuous one. And maybe take one or two more Ultimados on the trip. I think I saw a station wagon out there. Another good 'nobody'll look for Helen in that' car." He turned back to Helen. "And it sounds like coffee time here. Back in a bit."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 12-04-2019, 02:49 PM