Fantasy So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter
"We did have a lot of lines to read between to find it, Mistress. I tried to keep us from going off on tangents. But there were lots of references to the Collective Subconscious, astral projection, and so on. Helen's been unconscious both times this has happened, and some have said that Dreams may be a dimension or spirit realm, existing alongside our own, that we can only access through sleep. Lovecraft, and his inspiration, Lord Dunsany, come to mind immediately."

"And, of course," Maisson cut in. "I'm certain that because of this thing that you are all able to do, your brains function differently than the norm. Oh, this 'we only use ten percent' crap the movies tell you is bullshit, we would all be dead if it were true. However, I have no doubt that a CAT scan or a few hours of monitoring La Contessa's, or indeed, any of your neural activity, would prove of interest to science."

I looked over at him and tapped the side of my head.

"Well, if you're going to specialize in Neurology, I'm your Nobel Prize right here, Paul. Multiple personalities, mind control, whatever this thing between me and Helen is."

"Yeah." Troy said, turning to him. "We kind of work to avoid going to labs, taking tests, telling lots of people; that sort of thing."

Maisson nodded, sensing that no one was going to volunteer for experiments, and turned back to me.

"I am not trained in Psychiatry, Mademoiselle Bailey, however, from what I've read of Multiple Personality Disorder, you do not exhibit many signs. For one, you are aware of the other women in your head. You converse with them, yes? And you do not have memory gaps or lost time when one of the other personalities takes over? You remember all that she does?"

"It's not quite like that." I tried to explain. "More like, I'm still me, but I'm sitting back and letting my friend handle something that's too stressful for me to deal with. When I came up and pounded on the Greens' door, and demanded they tell me what was going on with Helen, I FELT like Sue, and she was in control; but I knew I could have taken over again at any time, and Sue wouldn't have stopped me. She gave it back when she was done yelling at them."

"And you say that their advice tends to be helpful, or at least in your best interests. Cases of Dissociative Identity or Multiple Personality Disorder tend to exhibit self-hatred, or seek out self-harm. You have no history of self-injury, or excessive use of drugs or alcohol. In fact, as a medical professional, but not a psychiatric one; the loss of your parents and your history of abuse are all that would suggest mental trauma to me. You do not speak of yourself in the third-person?"

"Not anymore, no." I told him. "When I first met Troy & Julie, I did sometimes."

"But once free of this brute, that, too, went away. So, perhaps these other women, they are not personalities, but how he saw you and made you see yourself."

Julie took that in and turned to me.

"The only three ways a guy like Chad perceives women."

"Bitch, whore, and slave." Helen finished for her. "I regret not meeting him even more now."

The thought came to me that if we'd been having this discussion as recently as six months before, I probably would have run crying from the room by now. Some of the things we'd discussed had come up in therapy; however, I didn't talk about the other Mes to many people outside the doctor's office. Troy & Julie knew, so did Claire and Rachel. Now that I was remembering Helen and Suzy-Q's conversation, I understood why she hadn't said anything until now. If I'd found out she knew any other way, I would have assumed she'd either done The Thing and made my therapist tell her everything or had her spies steal my file from him.

It was also the largest group that I'd ever spoken with at length about the other women. It helped that I'd seen more than half the room naked. (Wait, I didn't see Helen naked, Suzy-Q did. Suzy-Q's the one who knows how amazing she is in bed, how she tastes, the noises she makes... Yeah, Suzy-Q's the one who knows all that stuff.)
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 12-04-2019, 02:49 PM