who really messed your mind.
And after that, you turned your back
on treating people kind.
On our first trip, I tried so hard
to rearrange your mind.
But after a while, I realized
you were disarranging mine."
-The Rolling Stones, "19th Nervous Breakdown"

Mander, Susan, Rita, and Velasquez emerged onto the roof of the Seattle Hotel de San Finzione. Ernst, Contessa Helena de San Finzione's pilot, was waiting in her helicopter for them as four Ultimados jumped out and ran for the fire doors. Breach charges were being placed as the group ran for the helicopter. Once Susan and the others were aboard, Ernst took off in the direction of the San Finzione Consulate, security officer and news helicopters approaching in the distance.

Susan regretted that she wouldn't be able to go along with Sue's plan to help the women protesting below; which was to see if she could use a bullhorn to convince the men surrounding them to go home. She'd heard that Helen had once used a microphone and sound system to command a ballroom full of people, and didn't know if she'd be able to do it herself, but figured that it would've been worth trying.

As they flew away from the scene, where the Ultimados were entering the stairwells to blindside the Triad hit teams that had been sent after Rita, thinking that she was Helen and had ordered an attack on them; Susan thought that now she wouldn't want to push anything in that department, since she'd just discovered some new, weird thing about herself. Weirder than the facts that she could control minds and frequently had conversations and meetings with other personalities in her head.

Susan had discovered that one of those personalities, Suzy-Q, had somehow been able to make contact with Helen's mind and get the information that Susan needed to get out of the panic room that they'd been locked inside a few minutes before. She'd also learned that Suzy-Q had done this once before, when Helen was in surgery and her life was in danger. And now, after Suzy-Q's kiss, she was remembering all of the other Her's experiences in Helen's mind as the building that housed the consulate grew closer.

"Oi," Mander asked her, after a long silence. "You all right?"

"Hmm?" Susan hmmed. "Oh, yeah. I worked an all-night diner in Tacoma for eleven years. Got robbed all the time. If Triads had gotten close enough, it wouldn't have been the first time I've almost been shot."

"They were never going to get close enough." Velasquez said, matter-of-factly.

"I believe you, Marisol." Susan replied. "And by the way, that thing you did in the elevator was so awesome, gnarly, and radical; that only words from the '80s can describe it!"

"Gracias. As was your thinking in the room. You were very helpful today, Susan."

"Thanks." Susan replied, a bit distantly, thinking. "I get that a lot." She shook her head, as if clearing the thought. "I'm sorry, I was distracted." Susan turned to Rita. "Are you ok, Rita?"

"Si," Rita returned. "I accepted this as part of the job, but then, it happens... I will be fine."

Susan was able to study her face now and see the differences between them without the makeup. Rita had longer hair, of a light-brown shade, close to Susan's own; under the short, black wig with curled bangs that she wore when playing Helen. Rita had darker brown eyes, too; without the contacts. Her nose had a different curve than Helen's with the latex removed, and Rita's natural skintone was more olive than the makeup that she wore to get Helen's "always slightly pale from growing up in Alaska" face.

"It's Helen, so I know I don't have to say that she'd better be fucking paying you well."

"Oh, si." Rita replied. "It is why I carry the wig and makeup with me. La Contessa makes it worth the risk."

"Yeah, she's got ways of doing that." Susan said, as Ernst approached the helipad.

Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Night Follows Day by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 12-04-2019, 02:47 PM