Non-erotic Salma and Aslam (NOT SEXUAL-but romantic) by Shah Khan of Mauritius.(Casinar)
Salma and Aslam… part 7

Continued from part 6:

When Aslam left Vivek’s house, he went straight to the bar. He have had some beers at times among friends but always refused to have strong drinks. But this day he wanted to get lost and escape the torture he was facing mentally. His mind was in a turmoil, he was facing a mental chaos. He wished to forget all and have a fresh memory, a new one where there would be no Salma!..... He took strong drinks and went on consuming again and again....

On the other hand, Vivek asked Sanjana to call Salma at his place as he wished to talk to her. Vivek’s wife asked him not to interfere as Salma’s family were dangerous. But Vivek had words to tell Salma.

Salma was at Viveks place soon afterwards in company of Sanjana. And Vivek related the problem Aslam went through when Laila left her to go abroad with her cousin, to get established in France. Salma never knew that and cried a lot thinking she was another cause of Aslam’s mental tortures. She was crying more on thinking that Aslam was going through a hell only because of her.... she wished she never came in his life! And with pain and sobs she requested Vivek to arrange a meeting with Aslam at his place. Vivek said that is what he wanted! And while discussing with Vivek, Salma begged Vivek to always be by Aslam’s side, to always take good care of him and give him full support all his life, and she said “Aslam is a very nice person, full of love, the woman who will be his wife will be very lucky.” And Vivek asked her, “Why not you that woman Salma?”... She did not reply.

Vivek arranged their meeting the next day at his place. At work, Vivek requested the management to get 15 days of leaves for Aslam as he was undergoing difficult situations. It was accepted and he was on leaves.

Sanjana went to bring Salma at her place on pretext of going through henna decorations on her hand as she was to get married. So Salma’s parents let her go with Sanjana. And Vivek took all precautions in bringing Aslam at his place to escape Salma’s brother’s eyes.
There they were now sitting on the couch in the lounge. Aslam was looking very dull, and Salma had tearful eyes. Aslam looked in her face contemplating the moments he had in her company in their secret place.........

And she visualised his warm touch and gentle caress..... And his passionate kisses.... Vivek and his wife talked to them and they urged Salma to let go of her parents and go with Aslam as they were sure they will both lead a happy life...... but Salma exploded saying, turning to Aslam, holding his arm, “I love my papa Aslam, I Promised him to save him, I can’t betray him, he counts on me to get that amount of money erased from that man..... I promised him to marry that man and ease him from that debt. She sobbed saying this.......... and Aslam said no work but only looked in her face and smiled quietly. He was lost in another world it seemed. Vivek intervened addressing to Salma, “ You have another younger sister, and what if, after you marry that man, your father, addicted by his vices, gambles more money from another person and put your younger sister’s life at stake? Then he will sell your other sister too? You are already sold to that man.... Do you have any guaranty that your father will not gamble again? Salma replied that she has solemnly asked her dad to swear that he will never ever gamble in his life. And she believes him. And she said if she will refuse to marry that man his father will continue more and more gambling! Vivek’s wife was very angry and cursed her father and told Salma to send him to hell and elope with Aslam. But that was spoken in vain.

Salma enlaced Aslam and with trembling voice said “You know baby, the days I was watching you secretly while travelling I was not yet involved in all this mess. If only you had talked to me two weeks earlier?! I would never have accepted my father’s demand. During the 2 and half months that you were only looking at me in the bus and from the pavement at Belle Rose, I was still free and you delayed too much to talk to me. I was eagerly waiting for you those days sweetheart, but you were contenting yourself only by pleasing your eyes by looking at me! Do you know when I got engaged Aslam? Do you know?” Aslam was all along her speech fixing her face attentively, his eyes filled with tears which left his eyes to find way over his cheeks and drop over his shirt getting it moist, said, “what’s now the importance to know that Salma?” “There is importance! There is!” shouted Salma, and continued,“I was engaged only a day before you first talked to me dear! That day when you first came to Saint Pierre and sat near me in the bus paying my fare was the next day I was engaged. I had told myself that day ‘Why you did not come to see me two or three days earlier?!Why you did not come in my life some days before?’”And she burst into a cry loudly beating her head!! Aslam cried together. And they held each other and cried. And suddenly Salma lifted up her head, looked in his face and said “You never told me that you ever suffered so much because of another girl who left you! My heart aches a lot thinking that I am doing same to you Aslam.” And he only patted her shoulder on hearing that....then he took a deep breath and said “Don’t worry darling, destiny played the tricks, it’s alright, I am getting used to it! Well, you be happy always my love, always be blessed my darling Salma,” His voice trembled and tears dropped again yet he continued to talk with shaking voice, “May good God always look on you, always be smiling honey, I will pray that you never face any trouble, that you get all joys of life and may you have beautiful kids, may your husband love you a lot and keep you happy. Do name your daughter ’Shabnam’ if she be your first child as this was my desire, and one day if being old I hear someone calling ‘Shabnam’, I will think of our child who never existed.” And all of them started crying on hearing his words. Vivek, his wife, Sanjana, all were crying like kids.

Salma, held him with all her force, she was trembling too and she pronounced her words, “ Aslam, be bold, be strong, take care of yourself, be patient in life, don’t get nervous, don’t get angry, live life to the fullest, and you be happy too ......”

Her wedding took place on a Sunday at the “Sunni Hall” in the centre of Phoenix. Aslam went there, in the yard of the Hall, he walked aimlessly longing to see her in the long white robe! He so much wished to see her as his bride and wear that dress!
He went in the corridor of the hall and peeped inside and found the bride sitting on the stage in front of about some hundreds of guests. Her sister was sitting beside her and they were waiting for the bridegroom to come.

And soon Javed found Aslam in between the guests, told Salma who looked at Aslam and requested Javed not to touch him so as to avoid any kind of troubles in presence of so many guests! Aslam was leaning against the wall and his eyes were fixed on Salma only. He was unaware of any other presence. Javed told his father about the matter and he too told Javed to keep cool when he found Aslam quietly standing against the wall.

After an hour the bridegroom had come after the religious ceremony, the ‘Nikah’ was performed and soon the newly wedded couple were walking towards the exit to get in the Mercedes in which the Bridegroom came.

Aslam stood very near the car, and Salma on reaching the gate, embraced all her relatives in turns, and when she found Aslam standing in a corner she started crying...people thought that she was crying like all other brides do when leaving their parents, but here Salma was only crying for Aslam... He was smiling with tears in his eyes!! She looked at him each time that she finished embracing a relative..... She at last embraced her brother Javed, but her eyes were on Aslam, and Javed found it, and he cried holding his sister and murmured in her ears “ I am sorry Salma, I will talk to him, I regret dear sister”

At last she was in the car. Her eyes were still on Aslam who was staring at her; some persons noticed Aslam crying and thought he was a relative..... the car departed, Salma turned back to look for Aslam, her parents were waving goodbye, but she did not care to look at them but was only searching for Aslam who by then had moved to another side, she was going on dropping tears, and Aslam was by then at the gate of the yard. And when the car reached there, he knocked the window pane of the car and said “I am here” with tears dropping all along his face.... She looked in his eyes and waved him goodbye.... And the car was seen far away at a distance....Aslam was controlling his feelings hard and was very restless as it was he who should have been the bridegroom he thought......

He walked home feeling dizzy, but got in a restaurant and took a bottle of whiskey and sat there drinking..............

to be continued in part 8
written by Shah Khan of Mauritius.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Salma and Aslam (NOT SEXUAL-but romantic) by Casinar - by Ramesh_Rocky - 10-04-2019, 05:59 PM