Adultery The Unwanted Houseguest -by Indiansubmale (CHAPTER 1-26)
I made a few chapatis, then turned to Amir and asked in a shaky voice,
"Do you want to start eating now, Prem? Or would you like to wait for Kavita's dishes to get ready? There are naans also from the restaurant."
He glared, but it was a softened glare. He said,
"I'll start now with the Mughlai Chicken and some chapatis."
I took out the dinner plates, and took them to the dining table, along with the chapatis I had finished making.
I set the plate for Amir to eat in, then brought a serving spoon for his "Mughlai Chicken".
I served out a couple of chapatis and some of the Mughlai Chicken, and stepped away from the table.
He sat down and started eating. I poured him out a glass of water, and hurried back to the kitchen to make more chapatis.
After a short while, Kavita finished cooking her dishes, and brought them to the dining table.
She served Amir out portions of her dishes, then served them for herself.
I was getting hungry as well. Regardless of the difficult situation I was in, there was nothing to be achieved by avoiding food, so I decided I may as well sit and eat, too.
I was about to move to an empty seat at the dining table, when Amir took the dinner plate I had set out for myself, and turned it upside down.
He then set the container of his Mughlai Chicken on the base of the plate. He turned and glared at me as though to say, “Wait."
I was hungry, but I could wait a few minutes. The chapatis may have been insufficient for them.
I went back to the kitchen and rolled out and prepared a few more chapatis.
I came back with the fresh chapatis, and added them to the pile. I waited as they ate.
After about 10 minutes, Kavita finally spoke to me,
"Sit and eat, Manu. There are enough chapatis I think."
I was grateful for her words. I wanted to extract the plate I had set out earlier: the plate which Amir had turned upside down, and set the container of his Mughlai Chicken dish on.
It seemed less confrontational to get a fresh plate, so I got myself a fresh plate and sat down and started eating as well.
Shortly afterward, Kavita and Prem finished up their dinner, and went to the sofa to watch some TV.
I finished eating a few minutes later, and washed my hands and walked to the sofa.
Kavita spoke addressing me, as I got to the sofa,
"Manu, you can go to sleep, I'll be watching TV for a while."
I looked at her longingly, wistfully, but it was a waste. She wasn't even looking at me.
I made my way to bed, and lay in bed awake for a while, trying to think of a way to salvage the situation.
This was not a one-night stand.
This looked like it was fast becoming an open, full blown affair.
How was I to win my wife back from the advances of this bully, if she continued to be attracted to him?
Was she not perceptive to his bullying behavior with me? His involvement with another woman at the same time? Wasn't it obvious that she had no real future with Amir?
Why was she ruining our marriage by getting involved with this bully?
I came around to the devastating conclusion: it was only a matter of time before our marriage ended.
Either she would leave me without a divorce, or we would end up mutually divorcing. The thought made me cry. I didn't want to lose my wife Kavita, but it looked inevitable at that point.
Another dreadful thought came to me: were they going to have sex again? NOW? With me in the house, in bed?
The TV was still running and I didn't hear any moans, but I couldn't put my thoughts to the future any more, now that I started fearing they would have sex again, NOW.
I lay in bed awake for a while, and drifted off to sleep, mentally tired. I woke up briefly when Kavita joined me in bed. She was still wearing the blue nightie.
I instinctively put my arm around her, but even before I tried to fondle her, Kavita said,
"Am sleepy Manu, let's sleep."
Her voice did sound sleepy. I couldn't initiate a conversation then. I hadn't thought of what to say, how to initiate a conversation about what had happened earlier.
I looked over at her hair. Her hair still had the gajra I had got her last evening, but there were only a few flowers left on the crumpled base. I knew I would find the remaining flowers crumpled, on Amir's bed the next morning.
I needed to sleep too. I would have to wake up early for my morning chores.
I tried to blank my mind out, and eventually drifted off to sleep.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Unwanted Houseguest -(CHAPTER 1-26) - by Ramesh_Rocky - 13-12-2018, 02:34 PM