Fantasy As Day Follows Night by TMaskedWriter
"It just creeps me out, Mistress; the way the light goes out of your eyes and you're suddenly Not Julie anymore."

Julie looked sad for a moment, and then smiled.

"Well, I've spoken to Not Julie, and she loves you too, and she's just as happy as I am to put herself completely in your hands."

They reached the edge of the dance floor, then turned around. It was Troy's turn to smile.

"Well, I do enjoy having you in my hands."

"And I enjoy being handled by you."

Troy spotted Maria and motioned to Julie to look her direction. Her head was thrown back laughing at something her dance partner had said.

"Maria seems to be enjoying herself," Troy said. Julie nodded in agreement.

"She was born for this life, until Helen took it away. Where the hell is that bitch?"

Julie looked around as the song ended. Troy pointed to the largest concentration of men in tuxedos and military uniforms covered with unearned medals.

"Choosing her partner for the next dance," Troy told her. "Just be patient, I'm sure she'll get a break and you'll be able to have a word with her. In the meantime, shall we dance, Mrs. Equals?"

Contessa Helena de San Finzione whispered into the ear of her dance partner.

"Your Excellency, I know you see now that San Finzione's aid packages must be delivered by our own troops with no interference from your people. Just explain to your warlord partners that if they stop every shipment, soon the world won't send the refugees anything. And if any of them have a problem with this, they're welcome to come speak to me in person..."

Troy tapped the young man's shoulder. He gave Troy a nasty look, then remembered that this was one of La Contessa's dearest and oldest friends and should be treated as such; and let him cut in with Maria.

"Kalinikto, Troy," Maria said with a big smile. "Do I say this right?"

"Yes, and good evening to you too, Maria. You look like you're having fun."

"Oh, si. Was not so long ago that I had to go with the children on the night of a ball. Now many of those boys are wanting to dance with me."

The orchestra started another waltz. Troy put his arm around Maria and the two began to dance.

"And not a one of them deserves you, I'm sure."

"I start to believe you. All night long, boys trying to impress me with their new autos. Everything is Buggati or Lamborghini or Ferrari with them. This make girls want them? La Contessa have all three and more in autorimessa."

"Well, yes, but to be fair, girls want her too."

"And she who the boys really want. La Contessa only a few years older than I, they only want to use me to get to her. Or get hands on fortune. Only two men ever like me for me, and I am dancing with one of them now."

Troy smiled at this. "And the other is your butcher boy?"

Maria nodded. "I do not think he know I am of la familia. Would probably be scared off if he knew."

"And have you told Helen about him?"

"Oh, no. If La Contessa find out and decide she want him for herself...I could not live with this."

Troy danced with her in silence for a few moments.

"Maria, I think I have a way to solve your problem. Would you be interested in that?"

"Si, Troy. I must to tell you, though, if La Contessa order me to say what we talk about, I must tell her; I no have choice. And if you make me forget...would be a bad scene here at the ball."

"That's why I won't make you forget, Maria. I'll simply give you the option of remembering later. We should find somewhere quiet to talk.

Contessa Helena de San Finzione whispered into the ear of her dance partner.

"Si, El Presidente, I'm certain your people have assured you a landslide victory, but do you know just how incredibly fucking wet a man who can win an unrigged election makes me? Just continue to relax and stare at my cleavage as I tell you..."
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: As Day Follows Night by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 03-04-2019, 04:43 PM