Fantasy As Day Follows Night by TMaskedWriter
The crowd applauded. The camera clicked faster as the man stood and she presented him with the check. He looked like he wanted to take the microphone and make a speech of his own, but La Contessa shot him a look when the camera wasn't on her to indicate that would not be acceptable and he backed down. She walked back to the microphone. A servant came to inform the reporter that it was time for him to leave and ushered him out while she spoke.

"I'm sure many of the guests would like to hear of your great work individually. Please feel free to approach him with any questions you may have." She turned away from the microphone and cleared her throat before continuing, looking directly at Troy, Julie, and Maria's table.

"And that brings us to one of the other reasons I've decided to hold this ball. A couple of dear old friends who remember that simple American girl have recently married and graced San Finzione with their presence for their honeymoon. They're unaccustomed to the level of scrutiny that many of us receive, and would be made uncomfortable by it, so that's why you didn't see them on the red carpet coming in. However, they are my dearest, oldest friends, and I expect everyone to treat them as such."

The crowd nodded, as did Maria. Only Troy and Julie recognized that she was doing what they do to the entire room.

"And right now, I can see their faces are red enough to match the carpet from being in the spotlight even this much, so allow me to finish introducing them. Troy, Julie, stand up and take a bow. The Equals, ladies and gentlemen."

The crowd applauded as Troy and Julie stood up and took small bows before sitting down again quickly.

"Well, nobody has come tonight to hear me make speeches, so let's get things started. Let the ball commence!"

Applause came again, followed by some milling toward the dance floor as Helen descended the rest of the stairs to join the party.
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: As Day Follows Night by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 03-04-2019, 04:42 PM