Fantasy Long Day's Journey into Susan by TMaskedWriter
"Hmm? Oh, thanks. Found it in a box of my grandpa's things. Oh, and the jacket. I'm not sure which you were talking about."

"The jacket originally, I couldn't see the watch before; but now both."

"It's a 1909 Seth Thomas Company of Connecticut size 18 17-jewel pocket watch. The first thing my great-grandfather bought when he came to this country. 'New World, New Time,' he said. Come to think of it, there's every chance he might've stolen it. Me and Julie used to get in so much trouble over this thing. I don't know about the smoking jacket. I think he thought it's what successful American businessmen wore around the house, so he had to have one too."

"Well, it's cool you found it again," I said, remembering the coffee and wanting to have it ready for Claire when she woke up. I went back in and poured her creamer and sugar. As I was heading back to the bedroom, Troy called out to me.

"Susan?"

I turned, steam trailing from the two cups. "Yes?"

"Oh, go back up to Claire, we can talk about it later. I might have something I can use your help with."

END
Like, Comment and Give Rating.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Long Day's Journey into Susan by TMaskedWriter - by Ramesh_Rocky - 01-04-2019, 11:40 AM